Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

When The Battle Is Yet Over: A Wake Up Call To Unilag Staff - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When The Battle Is Yet Over: A Wake Up Call To Unilag Staff (146 Views)

Babalakin Donates Land To Unilag / I Need Direction On How To Get To Unilag From Oshodi / Mushin To Unilag's Number 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When The Battle Is Yet Over: A Wake Up Call To Unilag Staff by lagholden: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
In moments, when life battle assails me, and lethargy or complacency tries to keep my company, i quickly turn to the classical spiritual hymnal. The special hymn that helped my forbears to attain victories over many battles of life:

"Christian, seek not yet repose
Hear the guardian Angel say,
Thou art in the midst of foes:
Watch and pray'

Principalities and powers,
Mustering their unseen array,
Waiting for thy unguarded hours:
Watch and pray

Gird thy heavenly armour on,
Wear it over, night and day:
Ambushed lies the evil one
Watch and pray

This piece is directly and strongly relevant in a moment like the one we find ourselves in Unilag.

We were all witnesses to an era characterised by guile, trickery and shenanigan. An era when our rights became privileges. But through an act of God, change took place, and we were relieved.

The rousing welcome accorded the new administrator, Prof. Omololu Soyombo, by the great staffers of Unilag, in their number, was a clear testimony of our collective yearning for change and betterment of our conditions. We must commend ourselves for making practical the adage, 'voce populi, voce Dei', ie voice of people is the voice of God.

But we must remind that the battle has not ended there. Those persons pushed out and their cronies, rightly labelled as the *vocal minority,* have not rested. Acceptance of their divinely willed fate is lacking. They have gone far and wide, dropping the imagination in the minds of those, outside here, who are not conversant with the happenings on our campus, drumming the beat of due process as their only music, doing their best to convince, the outside world, that they are in the majority. They have visited places and persons, who are sympathetic to the one sided story being peddled by the apostles of due process. Their love is now for the gold plate containing a shit. The gold plate, to them, has turned the shit to gold.

We in Unilag are saying that the shit has messed up the plate. The corruption has tainted the clamour for due process; shikena

From reliable sources, the beneficiaries of the damned era are regrouping and planning a protest, to counter our collective welcome of the new dawn, at the Senate house basement, on Monday, 24th August, 2020.

This is my reason for the hymn above. We must not rest on our oars. Their plan is to come out in a large number, even recruit commercial crowd, to make their wrong point. We have to dwarf their best imagination. They are less, we are more. Therefore, it is incumbent on us, to checkmate them, not by fighting them, but by Holding our own rally, elsewhere, on campus to showcase our superior in number to them. We must not allow them to escape with the lie! We shall reveal the truth, simultaneously, as they lay bare their falsehood.
LONG LIVE UNILAG
LONG LIVE UNILAG STAFF
LONG LIVE THE AG. VICE CHANCELLOR
Re: When The Battle Is Yet Over: A Wake Up Call To Unilag Staff by Kenny242(m): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
G

(1) (Reply)

property for sale... / Courses Offered And The Admission Eligibility Criteria Of New York University / Online Learning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.