Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. (17421 Views)

Have Ever Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Age? / MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe (2) (3) (4)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
f
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Fash20: 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:
Lol, I had that experience two years ago, went for this cleaning interview at one of the multinationals, the HR manager was a very pretty young lady almost same age range as myself.

She looked at my resume and calmly asked me why I had to settle for the job of a cleaner, without mincing words, I told her my story. She told me that Her concience won't let her give me a cleaning job, she gave me her phone number and asked me to call her later in the evening.

Ladies and gentlemen, my village people struck as my back pack got snatched on my way back from the coy. I tried all I could to get intourch with her but I wasn't allowed into the premises again by the security guys.

Type if thing only happen in movies... Damn sorry about that

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by waploger(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
I have lost 2 job opportunity because i was an introvert.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Juliearth(f): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
padi94:
If going by your reason, is why she didn't let you carry trays, then it's not your personality. It's more of a defect (wearing glasses or not seeing well)

are glasses not designed to coreft defects?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Goldp5988(f): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Henryjoyce:
Okay guys let me set the ball rolling.
I was having a conversation with a friend whose Mum took to custody three girls because they had no one to look after them. It turned out that after some weeks, her mum decided to send back one of them because the girl is quite reserved.

I also had an experience similar to the one above.
Around December last year, a friend hooked me up with a Job, the Job entails making and serving of small chops at events. I travelled from Rivers State to Imo State because I really needed the money�. I got there determined to make a lasting first impression, but I guess my personality just got in the way of my hard work. On our way to the event, she kept teasing me on how I was too quiet and not contributing to conversations and worse still I had my glasses on making me look too serious.
When we finally got to the event, she wouldn't let me carry the loaded tray of chops. For her mind she go be like, " make this girl wey no dey see well no go throwway my chops o ". LoL.
If only she knew how much I needed that Job and how earnestly I prayed for her to call me again but sadly, I wasn't called. Please share your experiences.

Yes, I refuse to compromise, my dear its not easy for females in this kon3
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by BabbanBura(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Henryjoyce:
Okay guys let me set the ball rolling.
I was having a conversation with a friend whose Mum took to custody three girls because they had no one to look after them. It turned out that after some weeks, her mum decided to send back one of them because the girl is quite reserved.

I also had an experience similar to the one above.
Around December last year, a friend hooked me up with a Job, the Job entails making and serving of small chops at events. I travelled from Rivers State to Imo State because I really needed the money�. I got there determined to make a lasting first impression, but I guess my personality just got in the way of my hard work. On our way to the event, she kept teasing me on how I was too quiet and not contributing to conversations and worse still I had my glasses on making me look too serious.
When we finally got to the event, she wouldn't let me carry the loaded tray of chops. For her mind she go be like, " make this girl wey no dey see well no go throwway my chops o ". LoL.
If only she knew how much I needed that Job and how earnestly I prayed for her to call me again but sadly, I wasn't called. Please share your experiences.

I have because of:

1. My religion

2. My Region

3. My Tribe

But I got quite some favours too because of;

1. My Religion

2. My Region/My name

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by HisMajesty1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
I lost a writing job because I write better than the assistant editor. The general editor knew and admitted it in between words but couldn't do much so as not to spite his assistant... The story long, I just made it brief.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Ronaldinho10(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
whela:
How many jobs are there in Nigeria.
just only 205 jobs
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Juliearth(f): 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:
Lol, I had that experience two years ago, went for this cleaning interview at one of the multinationals, the HR manager was a very pretty young lady almost same age range as myself.

She looked at my resume and calmly asked me why I had to settle for the job of a cleaner, without mincing words, I told her my story. She told me that Her concience won't let her give me a cleaning job, she gave me her phone number and asked me to call her later in the evening.

Ladies and gentlemen, my village people struck as my back pack got snatched on my way back from the coy. I tried all I could to get intourch with her but I wasn't allowed into the premises again by the security guys.

Wow!!!

Did you try standing by the entrance before the start of work and doing same after closing hours?

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Plut01: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
TheCork:

U too. One of my babe call Dorin27 say I should ask u to join us for 3some becoz it's my birthday & she want to make me happier. I will pay u 200 naira, cash, I swaar. U ready? cheesy

You're back cheesy cheesy

Now we won't rest again with your rant.

No ooofencccewink

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Juliearth(f): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
I lost a quite lucrative job because they (the panelist) felt I was too qualified for the role. I lost another one as the head chef because the manager felt I was too Ajebo-ish to get my hands dirty. Lost another because I wouldn't play ball. The last one didn't bother me as much as the first two. If one is too qualified for a job, isnt that the more reason to employ the person? The one who said I couldn't get my hands dirty didn't understand how desperate I was for that job at that time. Sad sigh!

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
TheCork:

U too. One of my babe call Dorin27 say I should ask u to join us for 3some becoz it's my birthday & she want to make me happier. I will pay u 200 naira, cash, I swaar. U ready? cheesy
Mad man. How's ur boyfriend 190?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Donspicey: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
Henryjoyce:
I just included the "glasses" thing for fun. I was just too reserved for her liking.

The Dangote Maintenance HOD look me finish tell me say:My brother dis work is too stressful for ur type.....i dont think you can do it......

I look dis man finish SMH........

I move enter street......

The first CEO i met wan tell me sametin naso i change am for am codely las las i resumed work d next day wit out Result and Application letter.....

Inside Life...

One door close anoda door open.....
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Donspicey: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Juliearth:
I lost a quite lucrative job because they (the panelist) felt I was too qualified for the role. I lost another one as the head chef because the manager felt I was too Ajebo-ish to get my hands dirty. Lost another because I wouldn't play ball. The last one didn't bother me as much as the first two. If one is too qualified for a job, isnt that the more reason to employ the person? The one who said I couldn't get my hands dirty didn't understand how desperate I was for that job at that time. Sad sigh!

Lolsss,,,notin vex me pass wen the Dangote HOD tell me say i no fit do dis kind job....

unto say i fresh ooooo.....

Well composed and talks one one(introvertic nature)...i jst dey talk fr my mind say dis one don craze oooo....

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by bolaji73(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

And you let it go just like that?

Who should sleeps at the gate from day till dawn if not you?

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

CHAI, BUT AT LEAST THEY WOULD HAVE INFORMED HER OF YOUR PEESENCE NA,
600YEARS FOR THOSE GUYS undecided

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Juliearth(f): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Donspicey:

Lolsss,,,notin vex me pass wen the Dangote HOD tell me say i no fit do dis kind job....

unto say i fresh ooooo.....

Well composed and talks one one(introvertic nature)...i jst dey talk fr my mind say dis one don craze oooo....

I feel your pain bro.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by UnbanEbenezar: 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

that's why theives are the set of sinners that suffer the most in hell.
No matter how small the pilfering might be

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by derbykol(f): 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
waploger:
I have lost 2 job opportunity because i was an introvert.
If I may ask what type of job?

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Donspicey: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
Juliearth:

I feel your pain bro.

Lolssss dat was far bk 2014....
Anyways tnx for feeling my past pain.......

Special xmas discount fr u......

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by prizlezzlalasky(f): 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
bolaji73:

And you let it go just like that?

Who should sleeps at the gate from day till dawn if not you?

My dear some things are better left unsaid.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by prizlezzlalasky(f): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
Juliearth:

Wow!!!

Did you try standing by the entrance before the start of work and doing same after closing hours?

Tried for some days, but couldn't keep up.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by MyGeneration(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
I on
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Juliearth(f): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

So sorry sisterly. How recent was this event? If it was really recent, I would have advised that you continue on these daily trips.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Juliearth(f): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

So sorry sisterly. How recent was this event? If it was really recent, I would advise that you continue on these daily trips until you see her...who knows, the security might be kind enough to let you in to see her or help you deliver a note to her. Dont give up!

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Klass99(f): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2020

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Zaradara: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
[quote author=Uncle93 post=94089819]To be honest. I don't think you lost the job because of your personality. Seems more to me like you lack Courtesy , not being able to return the vibes and energy given to you . I am a very reserved person too , I return jokes when I'm supposed to , laugh when I'm supposed to . That's just pure courtesy. [That might be you. To be honest some people might not return jokes or laugh when they are supposed to, yet it doesnt mean they lack courtesy.]
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by waploger(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
derbykol:
If I may ask what type of job?
Sales boy at a supermarket
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by dafeoroyo: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2020
My guy was send out of job interview because his surname on his resume was the same with street name he leaves in on his C.V

The interviewer told him,oh your father owns the street? this shows you are ok,please leave and give others a chance grin

And as at that noting dey,him papa just get street,their house self on the street na yawa

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by prizlezzlalasky(f): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
Juliearth:

So sorry sisterly. How recent was this event? If it was really recent, I would advise that you continue on these daily trips until you see her...who knows, the security might be kind enough to let you in to see her or help you deliver a note to her. Dont give up!

Thanks so much dear, truth is it's been 2 years already. I have moved on to improving myself and learning some new skills too. I also left the town where this happened. Still believing God for something suitable.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by derbykol(f): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
waploger:

Sales boy at a supermarket
Lol!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

Honestly you should have kept trying, the fact that someone stole your back pack is a sign that something good was coming your way.

You could have also tried Bribing the security guys & explaining the whole situation to them, I really feel you didn't do enough. I would have told them It was an emergency & that It regards human life that her Mum was dying & in the hospital, Just formulate one lie for them.

Infact if you know their First name, how they look & the name of the company, I can even ask someone to Google up their data. I'm 75% optimistic that she would be found.

I swear, you didn't do enough & you just threw away the opportunity.

20,000 Youths To Be Empowered By Nairaxi "On Demand" Software Company / Latest Job/ Business Offers In Sango Ota (ogun State)! / Total E&P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) Recruitment

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63