Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! (899 Views)

Glory Be To God I Have Gotten A Laptop / Anyone Using Android 7.0 Or Higher As Hotspot For Kali Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by MizCharm: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2020
HELLO EVERYONE!
So many people on this platform are young bloods doing their best to stay legit. We come here to learn skills and use them to earn our living. We all got into tech because not seemed like the way to job and financial freedom. It wasn't easy but we did it and are still doing it and doing it so well.
But some people are wicked. Just because you got there first, you are deceiving and scamming young people who are legit hustling and coming up. These are people who.chose not to go the way of Yahoo and online scams! God will judge you. All the Favor Ori and co of WeJapa and other similar techfirms who recruit interns and never pay them promising global exposure and what have you. And your Waterloo has already begun on Tech Twitter drama : Rwanda based Nigerian techpreneur identified as - Favour Ori - called out for allegedly scamming developers.

See screenshots below

cc: lalasticlala, seun,

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2020
It has entered nairaland. Taofeekedboy and olalekank. Please techies be careful o. Any code test that involves building a company's main product should be avoided.

1 Like

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Olalekank(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
It has entered nairaland. Taofeekedbo and . Please techies be careful o. Any code test that involves building a company's main product should be avoided.
It’s really serious

It’s sad to see
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2020
Olalekank:

It’s really serious

It’s sad to see
They are becoming prevalent. I had an interview with a German company and I was asked to build their web page as a code test. What if the company is interviewing let's say 20 people and gives them two pages of their products each to build work don finish na.

And it was unpaid. Some code tests are like that but they are always paid. Not spending 8 hours to build someone's product for free. Programmers should look sharp. Scammers are everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by saheedniyi22(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2020
That guy was an inspiration to me on Twitter, it is so sad to see such news about him.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2020
saheedniyi22:
That guy was an inspiration to me on Twitter, it is so sad to see such news about him.

Guy no even Sabi HTML sef.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Karleb(m): 10:41am On Aug 22, 2020
I knew this will get to NL eventually. grin
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by shegzhkn: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Guy no even Sabi HTML sef.

Wait, you mean the favour ori guy can't code ??
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by shegzhkn: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2020
I really don't know much about that guy but @Mizcharm are u trying to tell us here that that guy has a loose screw.

I got to know him more after mark essien approve of him or should i say take him more serious - taught he must have done some homework before putting his own reputation on the line.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:31am On Aug 22, 2020
shegzhkn:

Wait, you mean the favour ori guy can't code ??
At all. everything was built by other people in the name of Hackathon.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by shegzhkn: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

really, am perplexed right now cos the guy shared story of how he managed to find meaning to his own life through computer programming and even had to travel abroad (US).

Sold two apps for incredible amount of dinero and turn down a six figure offer from one of US finest tech company.

Got to know this via twitter.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:56am On Aug 22, 2020
shegzhkn:

really, am perplexed right now cos the guy shared story of how he managed to find meaning to his own life through computer programming and even had to travel abroad (US).

Sold two apps for incredible amount of dinero and turn down a six figure offer from one of US finest tech company.

Got to know this via twitter.
It's all lies bro. Lies. Techies should just get sharp especially with all the rubbish Hackathons. Time spent on that could rather be spent on personal projects or practicing data structures and algorithms for coding interviews.

1 Like

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by shegzhkn: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It's all lies bro. Lies. Techies should just get sharp especially with all the rubbish Hackathons. Time spent on that could rather be spent on personal projects or practicing data structures and algorithms for coding interviews.

so him selling apps is a hoax and other stories right ?, wow how did you get hold of this info or you did have someone very close that have bitter experience dealing with the guy ?

Wow honestly when i saw his own version of internship i taught it will be like hng internship oo.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
shegzhkn:

so him selling apps is a hoax and other stories right ?, wow how did you get hold of this info or you did have someone very close that have bitter experience dealing with the guy ?

Wow honestly when i saw his own version of internship i taught it will be like hng internship oo.

The whole gist is on twitter.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by shegzhkn: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

The whole gist is on twitter.

Men is that the end of this young guy, i mean he is less than 25.

No one will take him serious anymore, honestly i wish this story is not true cos i was just getting to like the dude.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Regards2U: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Well

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Regards2U: 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
The gist grin

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Regards2U: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
grin
Lalasticlala

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by BennyDGreat: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Na wa ooo
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by islamics(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
E don burst.
I remember when I will be blaming myself for not participating in those his intern/hackathon stuff
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

They are becoming prevalent. I had an interview with a German company and I was asked to build their web page as a code test. What if the company is interviewing let's say 20 people and gives them two pages of their products each to build work don finish na.

And it was unpaid. Some code tests are like that but they are always paid. Not spending 8 hours to build someone's product for free. Programmers should look sharp. Scammers are everywhere.

Wow... I just saw this same thing on Twitter few minutes ago are you the guy.

Also

Scam doesn't know race, languages or nationality.

Wejapa has just shown that too us.

1 Like

Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Karleb:
I knew this will get to NL eventually. grin

Assuming I have the resources, I would have written an article and published it.

As well as taking it to LinkedIn.

Favour ori and wejapa is a true definition of wickedness.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by VickyRotex(f): 2:34am On Aug 23, 2020
shocked This is serious. Your SM influencers........ undecided
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Grandlord: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
shocked
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
It has entered nairaland. Taofeekedboy and olalekank. Please techies be careful o. Any code test that involves building a company's main product should be avoided.
I tire for this people, the guy has lured many people because of the testimonials on his website. Fraud everywhere.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Exactly, see why I hate all these hackathons and programming challenges, but wait o. Why the fck will I build your website for you as an interview. Lastly, do you live in Germany?
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
SegFault:

Exactly, see why I hate all these hackathons and programming challenges, but wait o. Why the fck will I build your website for you as an interview. Lastly, do you live in Germany?

Na naija I dey o.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by MizCharm: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mark Essien is not to be fully trusted as well.

And what I'm saying in essence in that as tech bros and gals,we need to be smart and not let people take advantage of of us. Because the people in the space before us are not all lambs.

shegzhkn:
I really don't know much about that guy but @Mizcharm are u trying to tell us here that that guy has a loose screw.

I got to know him more after mark essien approve of him or should i say take him more serious - taught he must have done some homework before putting his own reputation on the line.
Re: Glory Osei 2.0 Or Is It Techhushpuppi??!! by MizCharm: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
Exactly.

tensazangetsu20:

(1) (Reply)

Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers / School Result Checking Portal Script / Interesting Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.