Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition (1881 Views)

Russia Deploys Tactical Nuclear Weapons To Belarus - US, EU React / Russian Cats Sanctioned & Banned By US, EU & FIFE (Photos) / China Opposes US, EU Sanctions Against Russia ( Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
NIGERIAPEN MEDIA

Turkish President, Recep Erdogan has issued a decree to reconvert a 6th century church-turned-museum in Istanbul into a mosque.

It is located a few kilometres from the famous Hagia Sophia that was opened to Muslim prayers in July.

A presidential decree published Friday on the official gazette, orders the Chora Museum to be opened for Islamic prayers.

Just like Hagia Sophia, the museum will be handed over to Turkey’s religious authority Diyanet.
Dpa reports that the building, also known as the Church of the Holy Saviour, was turned into an Ottoman Mosque in the 16th century.

In November 2019, Turkey’s top administrative court annulled the 1945 decision, paving the way for its conversion into a mosque.

The United States, European Union, Russia, UNESCO and church leaders opposed the change in status of Hagia Sophia.

WATCH FULL VIDEO BELOW;
SOURCE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBjNQHkmZQ
Hi Guys, Thanks For Watching.
PLEASE, Kindly Click On The link below To SUBSCRIBE. Free. �

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-XshXEx5sVn2u-HFKx_nHA?sub_confirmation=1

Lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by dawnomike(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed... I reserve my comment due to the sensitivity of the matter
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
dawnomike:
sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed... I reserve my comment due to the sensitivity of the matter

Ok
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by alizma: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2020
Turkish population is about 85m while the population of Christians in Turkey is presently at about 300,000. The US and other Christian dominated nations watch as Christian population gradually deplete into insignificant figure in a place that is one of the ancestral homes of all Christians around the world without making any move to reverse that.
Also Turkish President made a statement, which i believe was read and clearly understood by all regarding hagia Sophia but since then no step was taken to ensure that the statement never materialize and now that it has, they want to push the few Christian in that city to their death through instigating statements.... That is a little too late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by IfGodbeforus(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
It is the Endtimes..
There are Battles In the Spirtual and Physical..
As Christians we Need to Stand in Gap in Great Prayers and Intercession for the Gospel and For the Church of God Worldwide..

As We Pray and Stand in the Gap, the Pharoahs , Hamans and Herods of this times will be Crushed and the Gospel will advance..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Koralords: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
There’s no big deal in it,Samething happened in Spain ,Spain was onces ruled by Muslim before they lost the war,the biggest mosque in the world then was located in Spain and was converted

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by dejol88: 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
Koralords:
There’s no big deal in it,Samething happened in Spain ,Spain was onces ruled by Muslim before they lost the war,the biggest mosque in the world then was located in Spain and was converted
Please read history very well. Before the Muslim ruled Spain, who was ruling?

For what turkey is doing, same minds should condemn it in totality. This is what most Muslim won't take if done to them. Just imagine if Israel converts Aqsa mosque.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
Looks like they're going for broke! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Brandstudio01: 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
Doomed generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by LeoThaGreat(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Koralords:
Mosque of Cordoba precisely.

However, note that the muslim invaders of Spain (the Moors) built the mosque, but the Europeans converted it into a church after they got their land back. Sounds justifiable to me.

Does Erdogan's decision sound justifiable?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
alizma:
Hmmm

The End Shall Tell
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
LeoThaGreat:

Mosque of Cordoba precisely.

However, note that the muslim invaders of Spain (the Moors) built the mosque, but the Europeans converted it into a church after they got their land back. Sounds justifiable to me.

Does Erdogan's decision sound justifiable?

No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Doomed generation.

Confused President (Edogan, Turkey President)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
Looks like they're going for broke! shocked

Are You Serious Any Signal
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
And to think that Turkey used to be a Christian state before.

Exactly what will happen to us if we allow the children of Dan Fodio to take our land in the South.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
dejol88:

Please read history very well. Before the Muslim ruled Spain, who was ruling?

For what turkey is doing, same minds should condemn it in totality. This is what most Muslim won't take if done to them. Just imagine if Israel converts Aqsa mosque.

God Will Judge Them According To Their Deeds
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Koralords:

Can You Just Imagine undecided
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
IfGodbeforus:
It is the Endtimes..
There are Battles In the Spirtual and Physical..
As Christians we Need to Stand in Gap in Great Prayers and Intercession for the Gospel and For the Church of God Worldwide..

As We Pray and Stand in the Gap, the Pharoahs , Hamans and Herods of this times will be Crushed and the Gospel will advance..

Yes o. . End Time cry cry cry
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nigeriapen1:
NIGERIAPEN MEDIA

WATCH FULL VIDEO BELOW;
SOURCE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBjNQHkmZQ
Hi Guys, Thanks For Watching.
PLEASE, Kindly Click On The link below To SUBSCRIBE. Free. �

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-XshXEx5sVn2u-HFKx_nHA?sub_confirmation=1

Lalasticlala

End Time Leaders cry cry
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by dejol88: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
It pains me so much that people don't read history to know where we are coming from. We are bound to repeat same mistake if we are not careful. I just shake my head when someone says nothing like that can happen in Nigeria with all the signs.

I just spoke to someone this morning saying a village in shiroro known for farming yam( Christian inhabitants) are gradually being taken away by herdsmen .Right now those guys have refused to return to farming and moved away from their village.
FrLukas:
And to think that Turkey used to be a Christian state before.

Exactly what will happen to us if we allow the children of Dan Fodio to take our land in the South.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Guestlander: 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
Where's the righteousness guy? I want to read his opinion on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
dejol88:
It pains me so much that people don't read history to know where we are coming from. We are bound to repeat same mistake if we are not careful. I just shake my head when someone says nothing like that can happen in Nigeria with all the signs.

I just spoke to someone this morning saying a village in shiroro known for farming yam( Christian inhabitants) are gradually being taken away by herdsmen .Right now those guys have refused to return to farming and moved away from their village.

Yes Ur Right
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by dionma: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
Be careful of the monsters you create because the monsters may end up eating its creator.

Pandering to religious sentiments for quick political gains never ends well.
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by eejo(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
I love Trump for making Jerusalem the capital of Israel.
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Not my business. Let the Turkish citizens stop Erdogan. Atarturk legacy of Turkey is gradually being destroyed by the islamic fanatism of Erdogan. I see another succesful coup happening in Istanbul anytime soon, but this time sponsored by the young Turks.
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by RichBoy247: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nigeriapen1:
NIGERIAPEN MEDIA

Dpa reports that the building, also known as the Church of the Holy Saviour, was turned into an Ottoman Mosque in the 16th century.

A presidential decree published Friday on the official gazette, orders the Chora Museum to be opened for Islamic prayers.

Where is the conversion from Church to Mosque now?

No matter how bad you all try to paint Islam, we DON'T CARE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by RichBoy247: 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
dejol88:

If you read the small note in the story, then you will understand that you are talking nonsense and that your head is not correct because there is no coversion from Church to Mosque in the story. But because you a lazy youth with no future ambition beside drugs and betting, you find it difficult to read that the Church was converted to a Moseum in the 16th Century, that is about 400 years ago, and it is the Mosuem that is now converted to a Mosque after 400 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
RichBoy247:

If you read the small note in the story, then you will understand that you are talking nonsense and that your head is not correct because there is no coversion from Church to Mosque in the story. But because you a lazy youth with no future ambition beside drugs and betting, you find it difficult to read that the Church was converted to a Moseum in the 16th Century, that is about 400 years ago, and it is the Mosuem that is now converted to a Mosque after 400 years.

Your lost.Simple comprehension... Jesus.... Which Class You D grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by dejol88: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
Your reply towards me clearly tells a lot about your upbringing . Well I won't engage you any further.
RichBoy247:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by Nigeriapen1: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
RichBoy247:

Ooooh. You have Arrive Now... Oya Hit Me Repent an Convert to Christianity. Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by AkwaIbomMan(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
dejol88:

that is obviously why food prices have been so high recently
Re: Turkey Reconverts Another Church Into Mosque Amid US, EU, UN Opposition by AkwaIbomMan(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
RichBoy247:

I've been observing and watching you and your comments for a while now.
I think a contract needs to be executed on your head.
MsAllison IgbalodeRaymond kindly view this guy's profile, he's an extremist, should i sign his contract?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Is In Hell- Martin Barker / Russia Buys Gold As Sanctions Bite / Republican Staff Who Abused The Obama Girls Has Been Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.