Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances (54050 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Your Enemies Must Submit-- Read How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by aribisala0(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
Emotional stuff

As long as you are spending and receiving money there is NO COUNTRY that will not scrutinize your activities
This should apply to churches and mosques otherwise people can hide under religious bodies to undermine the state and perpetuate all manner of criminality
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Evercurious(f): 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Despite your huff and puff, it’s obvious you don’t know anything. Stop spewing nonsense all over the place. Churches and mosques will open their books to government scrutiny annually and there is nothing you can do about it.

You see that you dont have sense.. sorry you are too pathetic for my liking..and has anyone told you that you are IRRITATING?

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by pelumi67(m): 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

na compare your tithe + offering + seeds to your tax ....which is more

government gives u police , cheap University , fairly functioning hospital that can save your life in emergency , ...what do your church provide again ?

Church can do more than what FG have done
As a nairalander, tell me one thing you have benefitted from FG? Were you given palliative during the lockdown? Come see so many churches giving out foods to thousands of their members, ask FG what they don't allow RCCG to construct the flyover @redemption camp?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Pedrocross4568(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
Afolabimills:
This evil govt have just dug it's own grave

How? Do we really know what this bill all about?
The churches as an organisations was register by the government and yet it has become a crime for the same government to hold they accountable with public funds. It really sad that the internet has giving us a platform to write and say whatever we feel like even when we knew nothing about it.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Kingstanding: 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

government gives u police , cheap University , fairly functioning hospital that can save your life in emergency , ...what do your church provide again ?
. Almighty God will bless you. When Christianity came earlier to Nigeria they built free schools for us which these GO's attended but now the case is opposite or do they want to tell me that Jesus of yesterday, today and forever is lie? They have turned churches to family business. Their school fees is too exorbitant for the 90% of their members to attend. Pentecostal has brought shame to the name of our Lord Jesus. But the judgement of God will start from the house of God.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
Most of these commentators are Church owners, Pastors and Church workers who are making their dolls from the stipends people are contributing!
They will continue to argue, insult, abuse even curse anyone supporting the FG on this issue, so if the Federal Government is ready they should go ahead and implement any law they know can help them!
If anyone wants to fight over this they are free to go to court! smiley

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by rummmy: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

it's the job of the federal government to protect it's citizens from scammers
we are not complaining.
FG should protect political scammers first.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by aribisala0(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
PrincessC11:
Please I have a question:
Please what's the advantages or importance of a religious body registering under the government?

Quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=93100486]Those against CAMA Amendment are either ill-informed or mischievous.

In sane societies like USA, South Africa, UK, Europe, Australia etc, there are agencies that regulate religious organisations, CSOs and NGOs. Why should Nigeria's be different?

Some people said it is a fight against the church, and I ask, which Church?

If the Bible is right, the Church is the congregation of believers. It is not a building or religious organisation. And believers don't need any formal nomenclature or organisation to worship. The Bible says where two or three are gathered, CHRIST is present. The Bible never said people should establish organisations, neither did the early Christians establish organisations.

Now let's look this....

A man wakes up on a faithful morning, he approaches CAC (Government) to register his organisation, which he names XYZ Church

He lists himself, his wife, Kids or associates as Trustees

He gets certificate from the government to operate...

Yet, he argues with the government that they have no right to regulate the activities of the same organisation that he went to government to register.

He shouts persecution, war against the church and God.

Meanwhile, he is the final authority and CEO in the religious organisation, and won't hesitate to show the exit door to anyone that questions his authority.

The irony is that he abides to similar laws abroad...

As much as I'm not a fan of this administration, I support this CAMA... Although Nigeria politicians are useless

FACT:

FG or any other government cannot regulate the "Church" (congregation of believers). Even the Roman government couldn't regulate the Church.

However, government can only regulate religious organisations (formal organizations) that are registered with the government in line with the constitutional mandate.

The rule is simple, don't register your organisation with government if you don't want to be regulated... Same way you don't register your business and NGO with government if you don't want their regulation...

If you don't register how do you get a BVN/ open a bank account?

If you set up as Adeboye Man of God and sons will you receive tithes into your personal account?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by profmallor: 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
A government that cannot audit its own deficiencies now wants to do that to the church. The end times are here so we should all brace up for discrimination like this. Like for example are there no Christians within the presidency?. But eventually the persecution against the TRUE church of Christ always fails.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by seunmsg(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
Evercurious:

You see that you dont have sense.. sorry you are too pathetic for my liking..and has anyone told you that you are IRRITATING?

You are the irritant here and I’m really forcing myself to be civil with you despite your lack of decency. You jumped into my mention to spew nonsense. I corrected your illogical narrative but still, you don’t want to learn. Kindly jump out of my mention the same way you jumped in. I don’t want to be infested with your ignorance.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Afolabimills(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Pedrocross4568:

How? Do we really know what this bill all about?
The churches as an organisations was register by the government and yet it has become a crime for the same government to hold they accountable with public funds. It really sad that the internet has giving us a platform to write and say whatever we feel like even when we knew nothing about it.
church fund is not for d govt to investigate or monitor as long as she is registered u make the govt as if it's God after buhari or any other govt the church remain
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by beges: 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

How will auditing the financial records of churches kill Christianity? Is there something that the churches are hiding? Why are your pastors scared to transparency and accountability?
Many people will continue this I too know after the rapture just like the days of Noah
If you don't know God pls keep quiet for your own good.Even if they open their books to the govt to what end really? Will it make the country become paradise? When people hear about God they feel they know how God's things should be run.Be careful!

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by rummmy: 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

at least, a reasonable pallatives during covid19,not fg scam
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Pedrocross4568(m): 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
simplyshade:
Nigerian police is scam, hospital scam... Imagine, you even typed "What do your church provide?" Do you also need to be told that schools provided by the resent government sef na scam? wink

And you think the schools provided by the churches are not scam, when the children of those that contribute to build the schools can't afford it. All those schools are only used for money laundering by those churches, cause if not how do u explain that about 85% of the churches members can't afford to send their children to those schools.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Openbusiness: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
ekerintee:
Churches,mosque and other organization must be registered in Germany and when registered their account is monitored and audited once in a while
D thing is, u are seeing part of the pix, but not the whole pix. "Church culture" died in Europe several decades ago. And Europe was predominantly a "godless" society. Most Churches were either shutdown completely and the ones that still existed, existed mainly as hibernating Religion carcasses and historical structural decorations to their community. But then suddenly a Christian revival sparked across Europe, driven mainly by Foreigners, black Africans, especially Nigerian pastors. And Christianity became prominent again. Many of the big Churches across Europe are not HQ or founding Churches. They are mostly branches of already founded Churches in places like Nigeria, USA etc. By general Church adminstrative practices, branches remit money back to the HQ, just like in Nigeria, where branch churches send money to the GO church, as much as 80% or more in some Churches. That was the same practice for the new Churches that sprang up across Europe and they were sending huge money back to Africa. For some mega Churches the money was so huge that the govt or insiders believed those churches must be into crime, that it can't be offering and tithes or whatever generating such huge funds they were sending and repatriating back to their HQs. Because Europe was not used to mega Churches or huge population churches, so having huge money from tithes and offerings was not something their Church system was familiar with. For example, Christ Embassy had this same problem in South Africa and they accused them of being drug dealers using Church as cover up, because the money CE SA was sending to CE NIG was huge. They launched investigation on them but didn't find any drugs or drug money grin. Back to Europe story, this was the case too. So in Europe, auditing laws were introduced to verify that the source of funds the Churches were repatriating was genuine, and also as a money laundering check system, so that they could stop them from sending too much money out of their system. That's the history behind it. It is not the case with CAMA. It is designed to oppress the Church here and make them dance to their evil schemes. Do you know under this law they can change the board of trustees of the Church? It empowers them to control church leadership. This is the goal. But some Christians are too ignorant of reality. They can't c beyond to their nose. The frog that makes a snake its friend will end up in the belly of the snake. No 2 ways about it.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Pedrocross4568(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Afolabimills:
church fund is not for d govt to investigate or monitor as long as she is registered u make the govt as if it's God after buhari or any other govt the church remain

Anything that have to do with the people is government business. So going by that, the government have every right to investigate the financial activities of the churches cause it has gatherings of members of the public.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Bluntemperor: 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Shit shocked transperacy

The govt is failing in revenues drive and they think falsely since there is more money in the Church and other NGO's they should get it. We hope all those fighting the Church directly and indirectly will withstand the vengefullness of God as time passed!
It is a false hope that leads to nowhere.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Tareq1105: 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

Which scammers?

Did anybody force you to go to any church?

Church is voluntary and I have the right to pay my tithe there. It's none of federal government business.

This is indeed a confirmation that the church of God and Christianity is under attack.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Pedrocross4568(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
tope777:
Only the dead sign a devilish bill against God.

...do the math.

For crying out loud how is this bill against God?
This country is just producing educated fools by the days. Why in God name are you people fighting for God when I know my God is well able to fight for himself.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by OpinionCounts(m): 10:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

which they can group your type one side let govement remove hand for 1 week from una matter

Hope when the government remove hand from their matter thesame government will remove hand from their resources?? Let everyone have what belongs to him.

No be to remove hand from their matter and yet dip both their hand and their entire body inside the people's resources like they are presently doing sef.

cc simplyshade

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by seunmsg(m): 10:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
beges:

Many people will continue this I too know after the rapture just like the days of Noah
If you don't know God pls keep quiet for your own good.Even if they open their books to the govt to what end really? Will it make the country become paradise? When people hear about God they feel they know how God's things should be run.Be careful!

This is Nigeria and we operate under the laws of the country. If you and your pastors don’t want to obey Nigeria’s law, leave the country or go and create your own country. In as much as you live and operate in Nigeria, you will be subjected to Nigeria’s law.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Tareq1105: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Pedrocross4568:

Anything that have to do with the people is government business. So going by that, the government have every right to investigate the financial activities of the churches cause it has gatherings of members of the public.

Yes, gathering of the public that go there voluntarily.

You guys are dreaming.

The church of God will stand and no gate of hell and conspiracy shall prevail against it. Mark it, it's the Bible that said so.

Buhari want to silence Christians and the church of God. We shall see.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by beges: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

This is Nigeria and we operate under the laws of the country. If you and your pastors don’t want to obey Nigeria’s law, leave the country or go and create your own country. In as much as you live and operate in Nigeria, you will be subjected to Nigeria’s law.
I can see how following your nigerian law has prospered your beloved country...
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Ayemileto(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
adekolaelect:
Many Nigerians are senseless they couldn't like to pay tax for government that can offer them Roads ,Hospitals and many other things but like contributing for religious Leaders who has nothing to offer them than promising Imaginary Heaven which no one had ever go and come back to tell us how it is. But the noise of these Christians is too much as if the law only applicable to churches only .They will only blame government for everything they lack but failed to Question where they contributed their major hard earn resource to simply because of religious sentiment .

The picture attached to your post about Sweden is wrong.

They have the highest rape cases in the entirety of Europe.

In fact, you can use the internet to research the crime rate there, instead of just forwarding everything you see online that suits your narration without any research.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by seunmsg(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
beges:

I can see how following your nigerian law has prospered your beloved country...

I can see how allowing pastors to do whatever they like with church funds have prospered members of their churches.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by omenka(m): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

It is beyond taxation. Issues such as accountability, national security, money laundering, adherence to corporate governance and best practices etc are involved.

It is important to note that not all incomes of religious organizations are exempted from taxes. Income generated from commercial activities are subject to tax and salaries paid to the clergy are also subject to PAYE. Sadly, most religious organizations always hide some of these informations from government because their books are never subjected to government scrutiny.

Money laundering is another major issue. People steal government funds and lauded same through the accounts of NGOs. Last year, the US government indicted a big player in the aviation industry of using his private NGOs to launder millions of dollars into the US.

National security is another area. How do you think Boko Haram keeps getting funds and even moving funds around their various cells without detection? They use sympathetic religious organizations. How will government fight terrorism without monitoring these organizations?
Read comments on the first, second and third pages and couldn't find anyone who truly understands the ramifications of the new Law, neither do they its importance.

I was disappointed seeing how little Nigerians understand what is going on with these bodies until I saw your comment.

I can't speak for Mosques, but I know for a fact politicians launder millions through churches and NGOs. Some politicians come together to even raise a "pastor", build a church for him, and then "grow" the financial base of the church (laundering their monies) while paying the GOs certain percentages.

The story is the same with NGOs but a bit less opaque than what obtains in churches. Even Muslim politicians launder monies in churches!

Nigerians are really ignorant of the things happening out there and it pains me so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by beges: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

I can see how allowing pastors to do whatever they like with church funds have prospered members of their churches.
People you elected into power to serve you are chopping and raping you on a daily you can't talk.govt is accountable to you; pastors are accountable to God.that if you even know who God is
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by CodeTemplar: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
Those against CAMA Amendment are either ill-informed or mischievous.

In sane societies like USA, South Africa, UK, Europe, Australia etc, there are agencies that regulate religious organisations, CSOs and NGOs. Why should Nigeria's be different?

Some people said it is a fight against the church, and I ask, which Church?

If the Bible is right, the Church is the congregation of believers. It is not a building or religious organisation. And believers don't need any formal nomenclature or organisation to worship. The Bible says where two or three are gathered, CHRIST is present. The Bible never said people should establish organisations, neither did the early Christians establish organisations.

Now let's look this....

A man wakes up on a faithful morning, he approaches CAC (Government) to register his organisation, which he names XYZ Church

He lists himself, his wife, Kids or associates as Trustees

He gets certificate from the government to operate...

Yet, he argues with the government that they have no right to regulate the activities of the same organisation that he went to government to register.

He shouts persecution, war against the church and God.

Meanwhile, he is the final authority and CEO in the religious organisation, and won't hesitate to show the exit door to anyone that questions his authority.

The irony is that he abides to similar laws abroad...

As much as I'm not a fan of this administration, I support this CAMA... Although Nigeria politicians are useless

FACT:

FG or any other government cannot regulate the "Church" (congregation of believers). Even the Roman government couldn't regulate the Church.

However, government can only regulate religious organisations (formal organizations) that are registered with the government in line with the constitutional mandate.

The rule is simple, don't register your organisation with government if you don't want to be regulated... Same way you don't register your business and NGO with government if you don't want their regulation...

Grow up.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Joedave25: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

Can Scammers protect purported scammers?......FG officials and the government itself is fantastically corrupt and as such do not have all it takes to oversee financial activities of religious bodies.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by kareemkamil(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
tope777:
Only the dead sign a devilish bill against God.

...do the math.

Broz, wake-up, those who you think there man of God, are man of them self.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by rickyrex(m): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
ahahah so the love offering wey Christians dey take support christ mission nah bubu wan put eyes... and pastor prof osinbanjo close eyes for this matter. church don close be dat
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by MsAllison(f): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
omenka:
Read comments on the first, second and third pages and couldn't find anyone who truly understands the ramifications of the new Law, neither do they its importance.

I was disappointed seeing how little Nigerians understand what is going on with these bodies until I saw your comment.

I can't speak for Mosques, but I know for a fact politicians launder millions through churches and NGOs. Some politicians come together to even raise a "pastor", build a church for him, and then "grow" the financial base of the church (laundering their monies) while paying the GOs certain percentages.

The story is the same with NGOs but a bit less opaque than what obtains in churches. Even Muslim politicians launder monies in churches!

Nigerians are really ignorant of the things happening out there and it pains me so much.
it's a known fact
that's why you'll see a Nigerian pastor
no alternative job
not even too many branches
and so on but he lives an extravagant life style flies expensive private jets and some gullible will be screaming tithe payers money like if they pay billions for the tithe.
Infact any pastor you see living large with no source of income and only one branch is into money laundering for politicians and yahoo boys
that's fact.
even mosques do that
a Muslim friend confirmed it that some imam do that.
but on a very low key
you'll see an imam but all his children from several wives are schooling in the most expensive school abroad.

Nigeria is terrible sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

'Come On! Let's Have A Little Sex' Church Themed Poster Sparks Reactions / The N1 Billion Engineering Faculty Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donated To BIU / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.