Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances (53871 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Your Enemies Must Submit-- Read How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by bigpicture001: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Christians are losers in APC....

See what tinubu led the country into...buhari knows that mosque dont generate much revenue..the target is to kill Christianity

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Angelfrost(m): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

it's the job of the federal government to protect it's citizens from scammers

So, who then protects the citizens from a corrupt federal government??!
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
semyman:
The criminality in churches especially by all the failed 419 scammers turned pastors will be thoroughly x-rayed from now on

Lets be objective...don’t use ur hatred for pastors or online junk to respond.... what exactly do you mean by scammers...?? Has anyone gone to complain they collected tithe and offering from him crookedly..?? So what exactly will the government xray see asides inflow and outflow...

I would have loved this CAMA move of this government is an accountable one.... but what’s the point...
the government is a fraud... U called the church scammers... so how is the CAMA arrangement supposed to end with fraud and scammers in one equation..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Kingspin(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
Those against CAMA Amendment are either ill-informed or mischievous.

In sane societies like USA, South Africa, UK, Europe, Australia etc, there are agencies that regulate religious organisations, CSOs and NGOs. Why should Nigeria's be different?

Some people said it is a fight against the church, and I ask, which Church?

If the Bible is right, the Church is the congregation of believers. It is not a building or religious organisation. And believers don't need any formal nomenclature or organisation to worship. The Bible says where two or three are gathered, CHRIST is present. The Bible never said people should establish organisations, neither did the early Christians establish organisations.

Now let's look this....

A man wakes up on a faithful morning, he approaches CAC (Government) to register his organisation, which he names XYZ Church

He lists himself, his wife, Kids or associates as Trustees

He gets certificate from the government to operate...

Yet, he argues with the government that they have no right to regulate the activities of the same organisation that he went to government to register.

He shouts persecution, war against the church and God.

Meanwhile, he is the final authority and CEO in the religious organisation, and won't hesitate to show the exit door to anyone that questions his authority.

The irony is that he abides to similar laws abroad...

As much as I'm not a fan of this administration, I support this CAMA... Although Nigeria politicians are useless

FACT:

FG or any other government cannot regulate the "Church" (congregation of believers). Even the Roman government couldn't regulate the Church.

However, government can only regulate religious organisations (formal organizations) that are registered with the government in line with the constitutional mandate.

The rule is simple, don't register your organisation with government if you don't want to be regulated... Same way you don't register your business and NGO with the government if you don't want their regulation...
who will stop or regulate the millions of mosque buildings by the government?

The church is not funded by the government unless the Mosque.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by seunmsg(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
weyreypey:
Seunmsg does this law apply to private universities too?

It is applicable to all organizations registered with CAC. I want to believe there is no private university that is operating legally in Nigeria without registering with CAC. So yes, it applies to private universities.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by temielects(m): 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

na compare your tithe + offering + seeds to your tax ....which is more

government gives u police , cheap University , fairly functioning hospital that can save your life in emergency , ...what do your church provide again ?
I have been thinking cheesy
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by GEEBITE: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
Stop propagating falsehood. Sweden is a Christian dominated country with over 60 percent being adherent of the Lutheran Church not to talk of Catholics,Protestants and Orthodox churches. It is Norway that is an Atheist country because historically the Vikings were pagans and even when they embraced christianity for a while it didint last long because of their set beliefs.
adekolaelect:
Many Nigerians are senseless they couldn't like to pay tax for government that can offer them Roads ,Hospitals and many other things but like contributing for religious Leaders who has nothing to offer them than promising Imaginary Heaven which no one had ever go and come back to tell us how it is. But the noise of these Christians is too much as if the law only applicable to churches only .They will only blame government for everything they lack but failed to Question where they contributed their major hard earn resource to simply because of religious sentiment .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by seunmsg(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
bigpicture001:

See what tinubu led the country into...buhari knows that mosque dont generate much revenue..the target is to kill Christianity

How will auditing the financial records of churches kill Christianity? Is there something that the churches are hiding? Why are your pastors scared to transparency and accountability?

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Salt3: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

In sane societies like USA, South Africa, UK, Europe, Australia etc, there are agencies that regulate religious organisations, CSOs and NGOs. Why should Nigeria's be different?

If the Bible is right, the Church is the congregation of believers. It is not a building or religious organisation. And believers don't need any formal nomenclature or organisation to worship. The Bible says where two or three are gathered, CHRIST is present. The Bible never said people should establish organisations, neither did the early Christians establish organisations.

Now let's look this....

A man wakes up on a faithful morning, he approaches CAC (Government) to register his organisation, which he names XYZ Church

Yet, he argues with the government that they have no right to regulate the activities of the same organisation that he went to government to register.

Meanwhile, he is the final authority and CEO in the religious organisation, and won't hesitate to show the exit door to anyone that questions his authority.

As much as I'm not a fan of this administration, I support this CAMA... Although Nigeria politicians are useless

FACT:

FG or any other government cannot regulate the "Church" (congregation of believers). Even the Roman government couldn't regulate the Church.

However, government can only regulate religious organisations (formal organizations) that are registered with the government in line with the constitutional mandate.

The rule is simple, don't register your organisation with government if you don't want to be regulated... Same way you don't register your business and NGO with government if you don't want their regulation...
you you get sense
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by weyreypey: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

It is applicable to all organizations registered with CAC. I want to believe there is no private university that is operating legally in Nigeria without registering with CAC. So yes, it applies to private universities.
Thanks. I am awaiting the gbas gbos.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kingspin:
It also the jobs of government to build 1000 mosque?

Who will submit the state fund use in building mosques? Because this one is coming from state, not individual fund or group. The Muslims know they are not affected but EL Rufai invitation got their attention.

Because of radical nature of this government CAMA was born for churches.

don't your pastors obey same.laws in UK ? ..what are they trying to hide
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Bhol28: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
But why are Pastors afraid of accounting for church money,I just don't understand,a real man or woman of God must find it very easy to be transparent in all aspects
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Okay so what’s your point?....is the government not meant to provide those things you have listed... why are you comparing church to the government of a nation?
Is the church designed to do these things?? So all of a sudden the church is our problem that should be accountable .... not the government??

government is meant to provide them with your tax
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Evercurious(f): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
bigpicture001:

RCCG members you mean
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by TAYO124: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Now let's look this....

persecution, war against the church and God.

[b]As much as I'm not a fan of this administration, I support this CAMA?

Are you a lawyer Man, if you are not then you are simply blabbing.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Evercurious(f): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

How will auditing the financial records of churches kill Christianity? Is there something that the churches are hiding? Why are your pastors scared to transparency and accountability?

Did you call or vote them in? Why should they be accountable to you? Or are you the one paying the tithes and offerings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by bigpicture001: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Leme ask you a very simple question........

If you wouldnt tax them ,to what end is your allocation of huge resources to audit a firms account...to settle relationship problem..?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by ekerintee: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
I don't really know the full detail of the CAMA law.but I think in some countries like Germany ,religious organization must be registered and their finances are being monitored and audited by government.This is because they are exempted from tax and so the government have to know what they generate in the church .The Church cannot spend money any how .I think its a good law but it's not practicable in naija .the reason is because the church are supported by government Financialy in some countries but such is not the case in naija.for now,I don't think naija is ripe for this kind thing

TonyeBarcanista:

Now let's look this....

FACT:

The rule is simple, don't register your organisation with government if you don't want to be regulated... Same way you don't register your business and NGO with government if you don't want their regulation...
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by martineverest(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
tope777:

The system in Europe is working but no system is working here, let our government manage our resources perfectly before helping religious bodies...

Finally ,only who want to die signed a negative bill against God.
it seems u don't understand the bill...the bill prevents pastor's or imam's kids or wife from inheriting the church and mosques or using church or mosques funds for private business and preventing pastors from solely operating church account etc, as they are registered as non profit organizations .
religion aside, imagine owner of an orphanage homes,selling items given to orphans for upkeeps by individuals for their personal use
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
Goke7:

Most nigerian churches do not want to be accountable even to their members parting away with their hard earned resources. Everything is covered using the name of God.

The govt just want these churches to be more accountable

I’m curious... what accountability are u expecting from all religious bodies...?? Or maybe just the church since that’s where ur emphasis is...

U don’t even know ur right enough to demand it from your government... but you want a church that collects 100naira offering to be accountable to you??.... i now understand why the government keeps screwingg us every 4 years

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by athaboi(f): 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
semyman:

Mumu, pay tax you will be paying tithes.
you are a fool...I can never willingly pay tax to Nigeria govt, never..not in this present Nigeria. So that the rich will loot it and get richer and send their kids abroad for studies. They can only take it by force
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Kingspin(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Empiree:
CAMA is also part of federal process. Get it?. This process is meant to regulate the country properly. I dont know whats wrong with Nigerians. On one hand you want better Nigeria. On the other hand you frown at it when govt begins the process. Churches are known for their involvement in politics in recent years. Therefore they must suffer the brunt.
There is everything wrong with it. When you because of Church form amend CAMA.

When the government build million of mosques not the church.
When you destroy the church in the North and they try to rebuild through a donated fund you came up with CAMA

So the church is an NGO while the mosque is a government own.

So why not the government regulate mosque built by the government? Stop state funding of mosques
Why is MUSLIMS SILENT BECAUSE IT NEVER AFFECTED THEM?

But they can put-out from the NBA because of invitation.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by seunmsg(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Evercurious:

Did you call or vote them in? Why should they be accountable to you? Or are you the one paying the tithes and offerings?

Same way you and I didn’t employ, vote in board members or invest in corporate organizations. Yet, they submit their accounts to government for scrutiny annually. So, why the double standard? Why should corporate private organizations open their books to government while NGOs like churches and mosques are exempted?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by shadeyinka(m): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus said "PAY" {Matthew 22:17-21} indicating rules demanding some forms of levy but to join the military in doing what exactly? Matthew 26:52 embarassed
What does the military do?
They train to hunt and destroy! LOL!!
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

government is meant to provide them with your tax

Okay.... I ddnt know this before....I tot the government takes the money from trees
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
If anybody is even criticizing this govt it shouldn't be those that voted them in. I remembered sometime in camp when Mama was shouting that you should get your PVC and vote for change. This is the change many Nigerians voted abi next level grin grin. My question is that this Nigeria govt is going to pry into the affairs of the church because of the Lavish spending and properties it has. Can anybody question their General Overseer? NO. We eat their stories hook,line and sinker. I repeat those supporting this govt are fools and they will tax the hell out of Nigerians bet it with me. Many voted out of ethnicity And religion. Others voted out of the Lies their Good for nothing god-fathers told them. We must take it like that 3 more years to go

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Goke7: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Bhol28:
But why are Pastors afraid of accounting for church money,I just don't understand,a real man or woman of God must find it very easy to be transparent in all aspects

na the gbege be this o, truth is church money is being mismanaged some how
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by SUPERPACK: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
dalass:

So personally, how has this government protected you from scam? When the evil "change" government has scammed and is scamming us of wealth recovered, generated and borrowed!

Do you watch the news at all? I guess not... Else, you will see past and present officials of this government being protected even with proven cases against them
And who canvassed for vote for the current govt if not the same church. Even our vp is a pastor. It simply means that it is the will of God.
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by dbelovd(m): 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
obailala:
Fighting the church indeed!

The black man and his hatred for anything which resembles accountability. If I'm not into fraud, why exactly should I be bothered about transparency?

If govt asks religious organisations to declare financial status, I'm totally lost at how that amounts to "fighting the church".... I'd be glad if someone knowledgeable can explain to me why exactly I should be worried about this as a Christian.

Or is 'hiding of financial status' one of the cardinal mandates given by Christ to the church?

You are on point bro.

Church that is supposed to be an example of truthfulness, accountability and transparency are complaining of been regulated.

What are they hiding?

Why is it that churches in Nigeria failed to speak truth to power. Because they don't want to hear the truth themselves!

With the kind of oppression we are witnessing on a daily basis, almost at the level of slave era, our churches are surprisingly silent. Yet, when it comes to matter that affect their authoritarian status, they will unite to fight back, with all means necessary.

Churches are now big businesses. Churches are now very comfortable and any thing that will tamper with that comfort will be termed war against God/church.

Ordinarily, Church should be in the forefront of fighting against oppression, and providing comfort for the oppressed.

Church will not demand transparency from government, because they are not transparent. Church will not demand good governance, because they've lost the moral standards to do so
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Kingspin(m): 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

don't your pastors obey same.laws in UK ? ..what are they trying to hide
Did CAMA include stop using state fund to build 1000 mosques instead of school.
UK government don't build 1000 churches

Why would government interfere directly into church affair?

Is that the problem of the country? Never

From RUGA to anything radicals that is the program of this government

Tell the same government to implement the confab recommendation on religious activities in Nigeria Buhari will not because both Christians and Muslims are checkmates and regulated equally.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by weyreypey: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
martineverest:
it seems u don't understand the bill...the bill prevents pastor's or imam's kids or wife from inheriting the church and mosques or using church or mosques funds for private business and preventing pastors from solely operating church account etc, as they are registered as non profit organizations .
religion aside, imagine owner of an orphanage homes,selling items given to orphans for upkeeps by individuals for their personal use

And private universities?
Re: CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances by Tango123: 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

na compare your tithe + offering + seeds to your tax ....which is more

government gives u police , cheap University , fairly functioning hospital that can save your life in emergency , ...what do your church provide again ?

Government is using our oil, and borrowing money on ur head and mine, whicu we must pay

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

14 Things That Are Too Real About Ushers In Nigerian Churches / David Kingleo Elijah: Going To China To 'Destroy Coronavirus' – Nigerian Prophet / Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.