Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS (4270 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2011
The Consequences of OSAS

I feel the need to show the fruit of this doctrine to further exhort Liberals, and those with similar beliefs, to trash this false teaching and pick up the truth. There are four consequences to the belief in OSAS:

Holiness and righteousness become optional.
    For Christians, scriptures like:
    •  be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom 12:2- NIV);
    •  be holy because I am holy (1 Pt 1:16 NIV)
    •  examine yourselves to see whether you are in the Faith (2 Cor 13:5 NIV)

These and scriptures like them become optional, and Christians won’t be cautious to avoid sin. Why should a person strive be holy, or renew their minds, or even examine themselves to see if they are faithful, when,no matter what they do, they still go to Heaven?

The believer suffers loss regardless.
    Whether OSAS is true or false, the unfaithful Christian will always lose something. If OSAS is true, the faithful and unfaithful Christian will still go to Heaven. But the unfaithful Christian would lose any additional rewards, while the faithful one would gain. If OSAS isn’t true, the unfaithful Christian will lose their soul while the faithful one will go to Heaven. To believe OSAS, is to make a gamble in which you will certainly lose something. Some would argue that I am assuming that a person who believes this doctrine is unfaithful. This is exactly what I’m saying. This entire book exposes our lack of faith, and this doctrine perpetuates our unfaithfulness.

Makes Jesus look bad.
    When the world sees the character of most Christians, they want no part of Jesus. Why would someone want to follow Christ when the people who represent him are defeated, arrogant, loveless and two-faced? There’s enough of that in the world. If Jesus is like that, I want no part of Christianity. Therefore, the ambassadors of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20) muck up the image of Jesus Christ.

Produces sadly mistaken people.
    God is clear about his requirements for salvation and if we don’t meet them, we will lose our souls; simply put. Can you imagine all the people on Judgment Day: “But God, I thought I was saved, the preacher say I was!” and God will say, “You didn’t obey me (John 14:15), get away from me you worker of iniquity” (Luke 13:25-27)… That’s scary!

Teachers Must Repent
With the proper understanding of Faith in Jesus, the OSAS doctrine is completely ridiculous! If you teach OSAS you must repent. Most leaders are simply teaching what they’ve been taught and haven’t questioned it. In some way, they could claim ignorance. But if they claim to hear from God, yet preach this fallacy, are they really hearing God? Or, are they rejecting his commandment that they must preach the truth? Which one is it?

Even though it would be very difficult to tell your entire listening audience, or your entire congregation that you believed a lie and have taught one, it is the most humble thing you can do. You would gain nothing but grace and bring honor to the Lord by confessing and repenting. Sure, you may lose your ministry or most of your church, but isn’t this much better than losing your soul in the eternal depths of Hell? To continue teaching this lie because of pride and downright rebellion will not only bring down your church but also sentence you to an even sharper judgment in Hell (James 3:1). What’s terrible about this is: many will not heed this warning. My heart grieves for these people!

Accepting the Truth
One reason people reject the idea of “losing your salvation” is because, by nature, people want to have their beliefs affirmed rather than challenged. Since the beginning, Liberals have been taught a comfortable dogma of security; they’ve accepted this doctrine of demons and made it their own. To attack OSAS is to attack the very foundation in which their lives are built on.

Liberals don’t want to hear something that removes this comfortable, spiritual safety net as they walk across the tightrope of life. Even though I tell them that Jesus can prevent them from falling (Jude 24, 1 Peter 1:5), and even if they do slip (if they wanted to be saved) Jesus would swoop down like Superman and catch them, they still cringe at the fact that Faith in Jesus requires some effort on their part.

They begin to realize the uncomfortable requirements of obedience, humility and love of one’s neighbor; as defined by God and not themselves. They realize, if they don’t enlist the help of the Spirit and Jesus, and strive for holiness, it’s impossible to keep the commandments of God on their own; and therefore, they’re in big trouble. The life of the believer is hard, and some don’t want to endure hardship. But we can make it, if we stick with God and encourage one another.

They encouraged the followers and begged them to remain faithful. They told them, “We have to suffer a lot before we can get into God’s kingdom (Acts 14:22 CEV).

When I first learned the truth, I didn’t want to accept it either. Earlier, I found a list of scriptures that clearly spelled out a “loss of salvation”, and I knew I wasn’t safe anymore. I knew I wasn’t guaranteed a ticket to Heaven just because of my past Faith. A lot of worry came to me. So in my rejection of the truth and my attempt to make myself feel better, I contacted a website I knew would justify OSAS, and threw the scriptures in the garbage. But I couldn’t reject the truth for long. I later accepted it and began to study and seek God about the proper understanding of Faith in Jesus that would guarantee my salvation. He gave me this book to start with. The safety net hasn’t really been removed, it’s just in Christ Jesus, and we must stay in him.

We Can Do It
You need to understand that God wants us to win this race of life (Romans 8:31). He’s not trying to toughen the course so we can lose. He’s not putting a heavy burden on us. His load is light (Matthew 11:30). He wants us to overcome the world as his Son did. He’s given us all the help to do it: the Son and the Holy Spirit; that’s two-thirds of the Godhead. I think that’s more than enough for us to win this race of endurance and receive the grand prize of eternal life in Heaven with our God.

This journey of Faith is hard because we’re so weak and don’t measure up to the holiness of God, and must desperately depend on him for our very souls. As soon as we realize how broken, incapable and weak we are, it would minimize most of our frustration and strain. All our lives we are taught to be independent and not dependent on someone else. And so, pride really becomes the issue, and humility is the starting point for all believers serious about becoming successful followers of Jesus. Without humility, we will fall just as Satan did (1 Tim 3:6). The great thing is this: the work of producing good fruit is done by Jesus himself, we just need to obey and allow him to do his job.

http://letspleasegod.com/faith/06/consequences_of_osas/
Re: CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2011
abeg help me tell them
Re: CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2011
Calvinists read this !!!
Re: CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS by Dulcet7(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
Salvation is a journey and not a destination.

No one completes a journey at the onset.

The experience of the journey in itself, is the most critical thing.
Re: CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS by Obalende: 1:33am On Jun 30, 2011
frosbel

Your position demonstrates a lack of understanding but thats we are here to learn; I have learnt from ur posts as well.

Holiness and righteousness become optional. Not really. The Bible says: "Did ye receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" The same Bible also says:

"If any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, He is none of His"

"If ye BY THE SPIRIT put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live"

It is therefore evident that:
1.) Holy Spirit lives in every believer.
2.) The the Holy SPirit the deeds of the body are put to naught.
3.) The believer has been renewed, no longer in Adam but in Christ so therefore naturally wills to do good therefore OSAS. God said there is none that is righteous and calls Christ righteousness (1 Cor 1:30)

The believer suffers loss regardless.
You are right. Unfaithful christians lose reward so no argument here but dont lose salvation because its a gift. Interestingly, I believe God has ordained unfaithful christians to so be toobut this is only my personal belief and may be wronfg.

Makes Jesus look bad.

God said only few will find the narrow way so no God is fulfilling his will; its d gospel of d remnant.

Produces sadly mistaken people. God told people to come INHERIT the kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world not the kingdom they worked for.

Teachers Must Repent Anybody who says that the doctrine of predestination and election is false, that OSAS is false risks being accursed (not kidding here).

We Can Do It You are right that the doctrine needs to be balanced with exhortations to good works and righteous living for sure, no doubt about that. No argument here.

Note whart

(1) (Reply)

The Spiritual Controls The Physical (16) / Shiloh 2016 - 2017 Prophetic Declaration And Activity Line Up / Christian Topics For Teenagers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.