Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. (2381 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Osjaay(f): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2020
The head of the National Bureau of Investigation’s (NBI) Cybercrime Division wants to ban Nigerian nationals from entering the country if they are using a student visa.
NBI Cybercrime Division Chief Vic Lorenzo said Nigerians with student visas are likely members of a hacking syndicate.
“All our hacking cases involved Nigerian nationals who are here on student visa, they should be banned. Wala naman tayong pakinabang sa kanila, dagdag pa sila sa problema,’’ he told Politiko.
Aside from committing crimes, Lorenzo said Nigerians with student visas also use Filipinas as accomplices or abuse them. He cited instances when they arrested Filipinas who were used by Nigerian syndicate members to open bank accounts.

https://politics.com.ph/certified-troublemakers-nbi-exec-wants-nigerians-with-student-visas-banned-in-ph/

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2020
I feel like some people are just experts in destroying what's left of Nigeria's image.

The way some "hustlers" have dented Nigeria's image in Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines etc), makes me feel like it's deliberate sometimes...

You go abroad, you behave loud and flamboyant, you scam, you deal drugs and make yourself a target. Such a pity. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by fati2001(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2020
NIGERIA EVERYWHERE YOU GO.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Teibaba(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2020
Naija synonymous to crime everywhere you go now

Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Osjaay(f): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2020
loneprof:
I feel like some people are just experts in destroying what's left of Nigeria's image.

The way some "hustlers" have dented Nigeria's image in Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines etc), makes me feel like it's deliberate sometimes...

You go abroad, you behave loud and flamboyant, you scam, you deal drugs and make yourself a target. Such a pity. embarassed

Honestly and na all other innocent people dey suffer this
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2020
I don't have anything to say because of the wide range of stigmatisation attached to the country's image... Just like Daniel, as a Nigerian, only God can prove my innocence and speak for me wherever I go..
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Aboks(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2020
Any place Nigerian man dey problem must dey why
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by WIZGUY69(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Let’s be honest with ourselves.
Igbo people should take it easy abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Austeen007(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
My brother i tire ooo that's why i love it that so many Nigerians no dey Russia, and im enjoying it. mkae them no come spoil My parole for here. But though Nigerians who lives in Russia they respect themselves
loneprof:

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Austeen007:
My brother i tire ooo that's why i love it that so many Nigerians no dey Russia, and im enjoying it. mkae them no come spoil My parole for here. But though Nigerians who lives in Russia they respect themselves

That's another wrong mentality. It's not about the amount of Nigerians in a country, it's the type of Nigerians who go there. You would hardly find intelligent graduates willing to go and hustle in Asia illegally...

Most asian countries have a lot of unemployed people in their own country, so it's difficult to get jobs, that's why some Nigerian immigrants go into illegal businesses.

Look at the people entering countries like Canada, US, UK, Germany, they are mostly educated people and only a few asylum seekers. These are people who already know how to respect themselves and respect their host country...

There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in America and the UK, yet there are no negative stereotypes because the Nigerians there are hard working and educated. Not all these "I wan go hustle" mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by dasparrow: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
When they tell you people to behave yourselves, you won't listen. United Arab Emirates have stopped giving visas to Nigerians. United States have barred Nigerians from migrating permanently to their country. Now the Philippines may soon bar Nigerians too from studying in their country.

Mark my words, a time will come when no country will let Nigerians into their country again if our people don't change. Nigerian parents should be ashamed of themselves for constantly raising sons who grow up to be criminally minded. Change your ways Nigerians!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by ednut1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
They did same in Malaysia. Once visa is easy to get Nigerians will cast that place. Some Nigerians are a disgrace to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Cousin9999: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
LOL

The Philippines is a toilet. They're all ghetto, ignorant trash and it's full of criminals and hookers. Who even wants to go there besides oyinbos looking for their cheap, ugly hookers?

[img]https://media./images/a6c83c594966f451ff54196660d4e08d/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Cousin9999: 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
ednut1:
They did same in Malaysia. Once visa is easy to get Nigerians will cast that place. Some Nigerians are a disgrace to humanity.

Nigerian students in Malaysia are there mainly because of a trade deal. They got scholarships for oil or something. The rest are there because no one told them no one would hire them. Some probably turn to crime to survive or get home. That trend will reverse once more people know.
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Gerrard59(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
loneprof:

That's another wrong mentality. It's not about the amount of Nigerians in a country, it's the type of Nigerians who go there. You would hardly find intelligent graduates willing to go and hustle in Asia illegally...

Most asian countries have a lot of unemployed people in their own country, so it's difficult to get jobs, that's why some Nigerian immigrants go into illegal businesses.

Look at the people entering countries like Canada, US, UK, Germany, they are mostly educated people and only a few asylum seekers. These are people who already know how to respect themselves and respect their host country...

There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in America and the UK, yet there are no negative stereotypes because the Nigerians there are hard working and educated. Not all these "I wan go hustle" mentality.

You've to be specific about which Asian country and the region - is it South East Asia? East Asia? Or South Asia?

@Topic: Like I've stated countless times, the easier the immigration process a country has, the low value of potential immigrants she receives. Compared to Singapore whose immigration policy is stiffer and attracts only the best, you wouldn't find this problem of miscreants Nigerian because for a Nigerian to emigrate to Singapore, s/he must be well behaved. One way to solve this problem is making it compulsory for aspiring Nigerian students to get visas only if the school is highly ranked (preferably top ten). Another way is to mandate aspiring students to upload certified bank statements - minimum of $15K - before being granted visa. Yet another option is stipulating that anyone who intends to bring someone from Nigeria must be a citizen or at best permanent resident of Philippines.

That way, you will have responsible individuals in the country.
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

You've to be specific about which Asian country and the region - is it South East Asia? East Asia? Or South Asia?

Most Asian countries... It's clearly written there.
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
dasparrow:
When they tell you people to behave yourselves, you won't listen. United Arab Emirates have stopped giving visas to Nigerians. United States have barred Nigerians from migrating permanently to their country. Now the Philippines may soon bar Nigerians too from studying in their country.

Mark my words, a time will come when no country will let Nigerians into their country again if our people don't change. Nigerian parents should be ashamed of themselves for constantly raising sons who grow up to be criminally minded. Change your ways Nigerians!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin. Oh lord Jesus.
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Asquare84(m): 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2020
Truth be told ibos are the ones embarrassing Nigeria all over the world

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by boujeeassnigga(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sheeesh! Even the phillipines too? I bet next it will be mongolia or cambodia... Rubbishism.
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Dliquidmetal(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
Asquare84:
stop being a tribal bigot, I'm a yoruba guy but we all as Nigerians have same problem the earlier we know this the better angry
Asquare84:
stop being a tribal bigot, I'm a yoruba guy but we all as Nigerians have same problem the earlier we know this the better
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Cousin9999: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

@Topic: Like I've stated countless times, the easier the immigration process a country has, the low value of potential immigrants she receives. Compared to Singapore whose immigration policy is stiffer and attracts only the best, you wouldn't find this problem of miscreants Nigerian because for a Nigerian to emigrate to Singapore, s/he must be well behaved. One way to solve this problem is making it compulsory for aspiring Nigerian students to get visas only if the school is highly ranked (preferably top ten). Another way is to mandate aspiring students to upload certified bank statements - minimum of $15K - before being granted visa. Yet another option is stipulating that anyone who intends to bring someone from Nigeria must be a citizen or at best permanent resident of Philippines.

That way, you will have responsible individuals in the country.

The Philippines can't afford to have standards.
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by BlueBanana: 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
hmm
Re: Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. by Goodman247: 3:16am On Sep 18, 2020
dasparrow:

why is it that in Nigeria, we are very religious but there is curruption, wickedness and hypocrites every where

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Shenge Visa Without Any Document To Show / Help!! I Have Been Denied Shengen Visa Twice.. / Travelling To France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.