Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] (5811 Views)

Governor Uba Sani Awards Scholarships To Two Kaduna State Geniuses / Pathetic State Of Schools In Akwa Ibom (pics) / The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by taiocol: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
Make conscious effort to beautify your home/apartment and offices now. Get these sets of Art at a very affordable rate

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by nams77: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:

That's not true.

Andrew wiles went to self exclusion for 7 years just to prove the Pierre d'fermat last theorem and he was fine.

Schizophrenia doesn't have anything to do with self or total exclusion ♠️

Academics didn't make the first man on this list lose his mental balance.

Maybe something we are perhaps ignorant of. Things dey happen for this world ooo. Leave movie! cheesy

That movie is actually a true life portrayal of Dr. Nash's life. A brilliant mathematician that suffered schizophrenia.
There is a strong correlation.
Good thread all the same. Keep it up bro
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Iceyjayzz(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
This is very educative
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by vheckthor1: 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
Goldeno:
It's a shame, these are the actual great men who have carried humanity, civilisation on there shoulders forward yet they are not given the appreciation they deserved, but musicians are pumped with wealth and followership yet they add nothing to our growth as humans, rather the tend degrade our morals.
very true, we live in an upside down society

3 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by SamHarruna(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:
2. ALAN TURING

Source: Alan Turing
The movie "The Imitation Games" comes to mind...
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:
14. JIMI HENDRIX

Source: JIMI HENDRIX
This guy ehn. He was on his way to become the greatest musician in the world but he couldn't just lay off drugs barbiturates of all things, him and Elvis Presley sha, na them know wetin dem go find for bush.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
My suggestion oh:
You should have added Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche one of the greatest German philosophers to have lived, he died after having a mental breakdown, it was said that he had syphilis but that notion has been debunked. He was the person who stated these great aphorisms:
"He who fights monsters should ensure that he does not become one, when you stare into an abyss the abyss stares right into you"

Socrates one of the greatest Greek philosophers, he was accused of polluting the youth of Athens and was told to kill himself, he drank hemlock then died after.

Charles Baudelaire grin he was a French writer and poet who was popular at his time for the wrong reason, which was writing a poem called Fleurs du Mal the Flowers of Evil, it was a sensational book but contained themes of lesbianism and all that, it was banned in France and I think he was fined. He lived a very reckless life, from random prostitutes, to laudanum (an opium based drink) to heavy drinking. He was even drunk before he died, his cause of death is unknown about ten diseases have been listed to be the cause of his death.
There are others too, but I've forgotten them.

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Donotread: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:
9. NICOLAS LÉONARD SADI CARNOT

FAMOUS SCIENTIST
where is Steve Jobs
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Epositive(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
sinkhole:

Nawa oo, I Clap My Hands (CMH) cool So, you people did not use Abbot and Nelkon&Parker? shocked
No sir. grin
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
Following
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Puvo: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
SegFault:
My suggestion oh:
You should have added Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche one of the greatest German philosophers to have lived, he died after having a mental breakdown, it was said that he had syphilis but that notion has been debunked. He was the person who stated these great aphorisms:
"He who fights monsters should ensure that he does not become one, when you stare into an abyss the abyss stares right into you"

Socrates one of the greatest Greek philosophers, he was accused of polluting the youth of Athens and was told to kill himself, he drank hemlock then died after.

Charles Baudelaire grin he was a French writer and poet who was popular at his time for the wrong reason, which was writing a poem called Fleurs du Mal the Flowers of Evil, it was a sensational book but contained themes of lesbianism and all that, it was banned in France and I think he was fined. He lived a very reckless life, from random prostitutes, to laudanum (an opium based drink) to heavy drinking. He was even drunk before he died, his cause of death is unknown about ten diseases have been listed to be the cause of his death.
There are others too, but I've forgotten them.

Ten diseases
Choi shocked
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
Puvo:

Ten diseases
Choi shocked
No they were just suggestions but I can bet he had about seven of them because syphilis was rampant then and it was one of those diseases even cirrhosis. The guy was a fvcking legendgringrin.

2 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by StephenBB(m): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
deltateam:

I felt sad that repetitive plane crashes, burns etc ontop one man matter.

Very painful.
As in ehn! cry cry
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
Donotread:
where is Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs kwa? These are scholars and contributors to science.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by MAKEOUTHILL: 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Donotread:
where is Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs kwa??
grin grin
nigga please.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by ewuoso(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2020
Is there a way to get or download textbook for free online.
Right now I need physics. Textbook
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by saheedniyi22(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
ewuoso:
Is there a way to get or download textbook for free online.
Right now I need physics. Textbook

Sure, just Google it and put PDF format in your search
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by ewuoso(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
saheedniyi22:

Sure, just Google it and put PDF format in your search
I have tried dt nothing good came up
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by saheedniyi22(m): 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
ewuoso:

I have tried dt nothing good came up

You would surely see, except it's Nigerian textbooks you are looking for.

You can also type archive.org when searching or check pdfdrive.com(not sure of the URL though)
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Mugiwaraluffy: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Zimri:
6.EVARISTE GALOIS [1811-1832]

FAMOUS SCIENTIST
Imagine this guy went on duel coz of a woman.
Well, Intelligence is often different from being smart.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Mugiwaraluffy: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Epositive:

Despite his immense contribution to electricity, which is widely used today. He's still hardly talked about. Not even once did I come across his name in my physics textbook. Whereas, the likes of Michael Faraday and Thomas Edison who amplify his works are often celebrated.

You should read about him and Thomas Edison in 48 laws of power.
I feel Thomas Edison used power to suppress him during his time.
Plus Nikolai Tesla was also stubborn to his ideas to an extent
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Mugiwaraluffy: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
Zimri:

Did you also learn that Ramanujan could hardly give a fundamental explanation of many of his proofs?

He claims a Hindu deity brings many of his proofs to him in sleep or trance.

Things they happen for this world. cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy things dey happen true true.
Have you noticed that most of these technoprenures and silicon valley billionaires made their breakthrough after visiting one indian temple or the other and they also value meditation very well to the point they create meditation rooms in work place

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See After Waec Party In A Swimming Pool(photo) / FUTA Postgraduate 2015/2016 Session / Photo: Caption This Corp Member's Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.