Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] (5813 Views)

Governor Uba Sani Awards Scholarships To Two Kaduna State Geniuses / Pathetic State Of Schools In Akwa Ibom (pics) / The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Epositive(m): 10:15am On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:

Very very underrated

Despite his immense contribution to electricity, which is widely used today. He's still hardly talked about. Not even once did I come across his name in my physics textbook. Whereas, the likes of Michael Faraday and Thomas Edison who amplify his works are often celebrated.

3 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Anurikabecky(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2020
Truely great minds, that helped shape the course of humanity. Most of them are underrated and clearly unappreciated. What a pity.

6 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by blingxx(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2020
Epositive:
Nicola Tesla is underrated.

I swear ..he didn't even know his own true potential and what he as contributed

2 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Makavelli25: 11:41am On Aug 23, 2020
Epositive:

Despite his immense contribution to electricity, which is widely used today. He's still hardly talked about. Not even once did I come across his name in my physics textbook. Whereas, the likes of Michael Faraday and Thomas Edison who amplify his works are often celebrated.

which textbook did you use sir?

2 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Epositive(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2020
Makavelli25:
which textbook did you use sir?

Essential Physics textbook
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by deltateam: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2020
StephenBB:
Number 1; Oga read sotey he come mental. That's why i always respect science students....especially those in Maths and Physics field. Their brain dey hot 24/7
Number 5; Maybe na him village people cause am, every time plane crash.

I felt sad that repetitive plane crashes, burns etc ontop one man matter.

Very painful.

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Makavelli25: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Epositive:

oh yea,his name is not there? But its in my newschool physics. Happy sunday sir

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Lamasta(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:
1. VASHISHTHA NARAYAN SINGH

SINGH
Effect of too much solving and proving affected his mental health

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

I don't think so. No one goes mad intelligence.

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Lamasta(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri what of Fredreich Wohler the great organic chemist who first produced the compound urea in the laboratory

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Lamasta(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:

I don't think so. No one goes mad intelligence.
Me just saying o grin to know book too much self na problem on its own
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Yujiz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Most of these geniuses died at a very young age. And many were underrated despite their huge works....weldone OP
#highlyinformative

2 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by dazzlingd(m): 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Great men
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by ademasta(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
Correct
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by dejt4u(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
I was expecting to see Socrates on this list.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by leonard002(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
In death, we all are made equal...

author unknown

3 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Whitecoal711: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Freakish is genius
true and fact
thinking outside the box
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by nams77: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Epositive:
Nicola Tesla is underrated.
So underrated. Thomas edison stole most of his ideas. He was truly a genius

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by nams77: 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

You are right. Too much devotion to academic quest in total exclusion to other things that can lead to a balanced life almost brings the person to the fringe of insanity.
Take note zimri. Watch the movie titled a beautiful mind

4 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Lamasta(m): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
nams77:

You are right. Too much devotion to academic quest in total exclusion to other things that can lead to a balanced life almost brings the person to the fringe of insanity.
Beautiful mind will like to watch the movie

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Dollarship(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
So na Vanity true true this life no balance
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
nams77:

That's not true.

Andrew wiles went to self exclusion for 7 years just to prove the Pierre d'fermat last theorem and he was fine.

Schizophrenia doesn't have anything to do with self or total exclusion ♠️

Academics didn't make the first man on this list lose his mental balance.

Maybe something we are perhaps ignorant of. Things dey happen for this world ooo. Leave movie! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:
Zimri what of Fredreich Wohler the great organic chemist who first produced the compound urea in the laboratory

I don't know him. Moreover, I admit that the list is not totally encompassing it's just to give a fish-eye view.

2 Likes

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
happybee:
Watched Ramanujan some years ago. I felt for the man. He was a genius.

Did you also learn that Ramanujan could hardly give a fundamental explanation of many of his proofs?

He claims a Hindu deity brings many of his proofs to him in sleep or trance.

Things they happen for this world. cheesy

1 Like

Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
dejt4u:
I was expecting to see Socrates on this list.

Yeah!!♠️♠️ That's true. It was a great story though!❣️
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lamasta:

I don't know him boss! I will perhaps read about him.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Zimri(m): 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
deltateam:

I felt sad that repetitive plane crashes, burns etc ontop one man matter.

Very painful.
sometimes the picture of life could be gory. sad
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Lamasta(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
Zimri:

I don't know him. Moreover, I admit that the list is not totally encompassing it's just to give a fish-eye view.
Ok no probs thumbs up
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by sinkhole: 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Makavelli25:
oh yea,his name is not there? But its in my newschool physics. Happy sunday sir
Epositive:

Nawa oo, I Clap My Hands (CMH) cool So, you people did not use Abbot and Nelkon&Parker? shocked
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by saheedniyi22(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
sinkhole:

Nawa oo, I Clap My Hands (CMH) cool So, you people did not use Abbot and Nelkon&Parker? shocked
It's not in use in secondary schools this days.
I tried buying Nelkon and Parker, I only saw it in one bookshop in my area.
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by Hassgyhshsshsja: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
shocked
Re: PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] by sinkhole: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
saheedniyi22:

It's not in use in secondary schools this days.
I tried buying Nelkon and Parker, I only saw it in one bookshop in my area.
Eeyaaa, sorry ooo. See all those your Essential, NewSchool, bla bla Physics are all dubbing Abbot and Nelkon&Parker. Till date, no local Nigerian Physics Secondary textbook can beat those two books.
Please, if you're trying to study Physics, at least in 100Level of your University, never forget to buy and use Haliday&Resnick grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Caption This Corp Member's Pix / I Am Depressed After My Son Wrote This / Yabatech Post Jamb Result Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.