Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record (27280 Views)

Chad: Daoud Brahim, Choua Mahamat Resign After Sex Tapes Leaked / Anna Tereshkova Strips Off In Snow To Encourage Toughness, She Gets Criticized / Julienne Sassou Nguesso's Sextape Leaked By Her Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by omenka(m): 8:13am On Aug 23, 2020
In a secret recording by Donald Trump's niece, the most scathing criticism yet of Trump's administration and personality, has been revealed to be coming from nowhere else but Trump'sfamily members themselves.

In the recording made available to the press,
Maryanna, Donald Trump's older sister,
was heard calling him "cruel", a "phoney" and a "liar", and also suggesting that he had his SATs written for him.

New York Times has more:

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s older sister, a former federal judge, is heard sharply criticizing her brother in a series of recordings released Saturday, at one point saying of the president, “He has no principles.”

Maryanne Trump Barry was secretly recorded by her niece, Mary Trump, who recently released a book denouncing the president, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man.” Mary Trump said Saturday she made the recordings in 2018 and 2019.

In one recording, Barry, 83, says she had heard a 2018 interview with her brother on Fox News in which he suggested that he would put her on the border to oversee cases of immigrant children separated from their parents.

“His base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this,” Barry says.

At another point she says: “His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God." She adds: “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy shit.”

Barry can also be heard saying that she guesses that her brother has never read her opinions on immigration cases.

“What has he read?” Mary Trump asks her aunt.

Barry responds: “No. He doesn’t read."

The recordings were first reported by The Washington Post. The Associated Press then obtained the recordings.

The recordings came to light just a day after the late Robert Trump, brother to Maryanne and the president, was memorialized in a service at the White House. Later, the president was dismissive of the recordings.

“Every day it’s something else, who cares. I miss my brother, and I’ll continue to work hard for the American people,” Trump said in a statement. “Not everyone agrees, but the results are obvious. Our country will soon be stronger than ever before.”

In the weeks since the release of Mary Trump’s tell-all book about her uncle, she has been questioned about the source of some of its information. Nowhere in the book does she say that she recorded conversations with her aunt. On Saturday, Mary Trump revealed that she had covertly taped 15 hours of face-to-face conversations with Barry.

“Mary realized members of her family had lied in prior depositions,” said Chris Bastardi, a spokesman for Mary Trump. He added: “Anticipating litigation, she felt it prudent to tape conversations in order to protect herself."

The president has frequently spoken highly of his sister; the recordings are the first time a family member, outside of Mary Trump, has been critical of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIvDQKOCQM

The recordings illuminate the tension between the president and his sister. At one point Barry says to her niece: “It’s the phoniness of it all. It’s the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel.”

Mary Trump’s book was filled with attacks on her uncle, including the assertion — he denied it — that he paid someone to take the SATs for him as he sought to transfer into the University of Pennsylvania.

In one recording, the federal judge says that a Joe Shapiro took the test for Trump. The president was friends with a person at Penn named Joe Shapiro, who is deceased. Shapiro’s widow and sister told have said he never took a test for anybody.

Bastardi said of Mary Trump: "She never expected to learn much of what she heard, including the president’s sister, federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, state that Donald Trump had paid someone to take an SAT exam for him.”

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/08/23/us/politics/ap-us-trump-recordings.html

Photo Description: Donald Trump next to his mother, father and sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, on April 6, 1990, in Atlantic City, N.J. (Charles Rex Arbogast/AP)

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Skyfornia(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2020
shocked
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Queenlovely(f): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2020
Without enemies around us, we grow lazy. An enemy at our heels sharpens our wits, keeping us focused ...

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by ican2020: 8:18am On Aug 23, 2020
I see jealousy

22 Likes

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Karlifate: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2020
The vices that shock us are people around us.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by bigpriik: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2020
Just let this man be abeg, everybody must must not be a puppet�

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by babyfaceafrica: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2020
Queenlovely:
half sister
sister na sister

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by omenka(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2020
bigpriik:
Just let this man be abeg, everybody must but be a puppet�
Not sure the message you're trying to pass. Please go over it and make corrections if necessary.

33 Likes

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by tamdun: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2020
ican2020:
I see jealousy
Nothing like jealousy here, u need to read how trum cheated his siblings.

When Donald Trump's father, Fred Sr., died in 1999, the roughly $20 million inheritance was divided up among his children and their descendants, "other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.," according to the Times.

Donald Trump had helped draft the will. At the time, Freddy Trump's children sued, claiming Donald Trump and his siblings had used "undue influence" over their grandfather, who had dementia.

Donald retaliated by withdrawing the medical benefits he had promised to his nephew's infant son, who suffered from seizures that led to cerebral palsy, according to the Times.

"I was angry because they sued," Trump told the Times. The suit was settled "very amicably," he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264579-report-trump-helped-draft-will-that-excluded-his-brothers%3famp

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by omenka(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2020
tamdun:

When Donald Trump's father, Fred Sr., died in 1999, the roughly $20 million inheritance was divided up among his children and their descendants, "other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.," according to the Times.

Donald Trump had helped draft the will. At the time, Freddy Trump's children sued, claiming Donald Trump and his siblings had used "undue influence" over their grandfather, who had dementia.

Donald retaliated by withdrawing the medical benefits he had promised to his nephew's infant son, who suffered from seizures that led to cerebral palsy, according to the Times.

"I was angry because they sued," Trump told the Times. The suit was settled "very amicably," he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264579-report-trump-helped-draft-will-that-excluded-his-brothers%3famp
When you see such inane comments, best ignore.

The poster is most likely to be a kid not worth engaging.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by tamdun: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2020
omenka:
When you see such mundane comments, best ignore.

The poster is most likely to be a kid not worth engaging.
Abi na

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Finnese001: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2020
Okay
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by adioolayi(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2020
In my own opinion....Trump is sincerely not the best for USA....I think Obama was miles ahead, especially, on the image of American President in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Although, I don't see Biden ousting him.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Fheelzz(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2020
no be my problem
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by babag93: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2020
A very dysfunctional yet successful family.
Family pulling themselves down since Jacob and Esau.
#ThisLifeNoBalance

4 Likes

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Amspecial: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2020
grin
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Righteousness89(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2020
The Enemies of a Man are those of His HouseHold..

If you Can Successfully Subdue the Enemies of your Household, you will go Far In Life...

May God Help us..

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Amspecial: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2020
sister no be sister o
babyfaceafrica:
sister na sister

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by bankulizer: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2020
America and Propaganda. Smh
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by vikithor(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Learn how to drive better than molue drivers.learn how to drive manual or automatic cars,call or whatsapp us with numbers below
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by braveboy64(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Vj
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Movieplug(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Dat one sef dey.
E dey for every family.

Next.............

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2020
This clearly shows the difference between a white and black man

None of Buhari's brothers or sister would ever try this undecided

Black man with wicked heart

She doesn't need to be in an opposition party before voicing out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by DeMoneyGenius: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2020
Trump is still Trump.

Just make some money and cash out big time.
Let's go gramming!
See link on my signature
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by tnatx19: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2020
adioolayi:
In my own opinion....Trump is sincerely not the best for USA....I think Obama was miles ahead, especially, on the image of American President in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Although, I don't see Biden ousting him.
Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by Kennedyiheme02: 8:46am On Aug 23, 2020
tamdun:

trumps father was about $1billion rich in networth... how does his will become 20million?

12 Likes

Re: Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

People like Trump and Buhari are no fits for presidency.

When future generations study "perspectives on presidential misconducts and oversights, Buhari and Trump pictures ought to be in the cover page.

"Buhari and Trump and are the best presidents ever, screaming that shit ain't making it a fact"

I owe Blaqbones one joint for those words

Funny thing be say I dey ff my client talk yesterday she say she go vote for Donald Trump, say she don join vote Trump movement.

I tell her say nah Biden me go vote o grin grin grin

Make I go smoke my leftover SK and start the day on highness

If I become Nigeria president first thing I'm doing is legalize weed grin grin grin

It is a recreational drug, people don't understand shit

I will smoke weed anyday anytime everyday twice on weekdays grin grin grin

Modified including weekends

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deadly Tornadoes Kill 25 And Injure Many In Tennessee / Ashraf Ghani Apologises To Afghans Says "I Could Not Make It End Differently" / Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.