Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,781 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

How To Uninstall Pre-installed Apps On Android Phone Without Root - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Uninstall Pre-installed Apps On Android Phone Without Root (544 Views)

Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? / How To Block Ads On Android Without Root / 6 DANGEROUS Android Apps You Need To Uninstall Right Now! Number 1'll Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Uninstall Pre-installed Apps On Android Phone Without Root by riyapatelshopcl: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2020
Most of the Android smartphone have pre-installed application installed in it, you might find some apps useful. Android comes with bloatware or unnecessary apps which user may not use like Google Play Movies or Google Play Books. The pre-installed apps uses phone RAM and battery in the background. Your phone shows error “Insufficient Storage Available” after installing your favorite application. If you uninstall the bloatware or unnecessary apps from your Android device, it will help to fix storage, battery and phone performance. Let’s talk about how to uninstall pre-installed apps on Android without root access. This method requires PC/Laptop to uninstall apps,

Install the universal USB drivers and ADB tools on your preferred operating system Windows, Mac, Linux and extract the zip file into a folder.

On your Android device, go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable Developers Options.

Now tap on Developer Options, find USB Debugging and toggle to enable it.

If you don’t have, try to disable the apps from Android device. To disable a pre-installed app, go to Settings > Application / Apps and click the app > tap on “Disable” button.

Re: How To Uninstall Pre-installed Apps On Android Phone Without Root by Abiodunspectre(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2020
I should try it on my Pouvoir 4
Re: How To Uninstall Pre-installed Apps On Android Phone Without Root by KrazyDave16(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
FYI

You're not uninstalling the bloatware, you're simply disabling them if you use OP method.
You're not necessarily creating space in ROM, just killing off background processes of the apps to get more RAM space.

If you doubt it, follow the method and factory reset your device.

If you want to permanently get rid of bloatware, root your device and use ADB tools but use another method or flash a custom ROM and install any system app of choice.

P.s - don't ask me how to do it, enter XDA and find out... I can't know every specific rooting method of each device.
Re: How To Uninstall Pre-installed Apps On Android Phone Without Root by harvey121: 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thank you for your post. I was looking about how to uninstall Discord without root and have already found what I need. Will try your ways today to see how they work. Thank you once more time.

(1) (Reply)

Realme Is Finally Kenya / 700% Bonus For Subscribers In The New Glo Berekete Tariff Plan / Tecno L8 Lite For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.