Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s (5668 Views)

Brand New Samsung Galaxy M31 / 1 Week Old Samsung Galaxy M31 For Sale / Samsung Galaxy A51 Review After 3 Months Of Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by RealEzee(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
pabllov53:
i know snapdragon is a processor bro.. If you go almost every comparison btw A51 and note9s.. They always say if A51 had snapdragon it would be this and that.. Omo as far say my fone nor dey hang, not heavy (very important), accommodate all my apps, nice camera, shape images and have Amoled in it, i'm coool with any processor present in it.
grin bro based on reviews no b only the snapdragon chipset on the note 9s that has it going for it ahead of the A51 tho, and ofcourse a better chipset will naturally result to better performance in all ramifications to even camera, gaming and heavy usage etc, ofcourse e go dey heavier than the A51 as it packs an extra 1000mah battery, na so e take b, 18w fast fasting ahead of the A51, well the only draw back is its screen and the cool part is when compared price wise, it's a steal, Sha it's unfair to compared the note 9s to A51, if na a71 now yeah that's a good head to head, d A51 is flawed Sha.

Personally I won't pick a phone cos of screen when the rest of its specs it flawed by another yet at reasonable price, it's like me buying a Toks Hyundai azeera, very beautiful and good specs ride, then a Toks C300 which is beautiful also but packs extra power, knowing the Toks azeera cost higher than the C300, grin.

Na y I like andriod with the freedom to tweak the engineering settings to your taste and upgrade, grin a mistake I made with my infinix da year, d phone kuku die, e no gree wake up grin the best infinix running on the andriodOne program da year,twas a great phone in my hand.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
pabllov53:
once an IPS/LCD fone user taste Amoled, nothing can make you want to go back to IPS/LCD ever again.. Not even snapdragon cheesy cheesy grin me na victim.. Mind u, Samsung AMOLED is totally different from other brand AMOLED. Theirs is too sleek

The display no be here at all
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
Rest bro, my junior bro dey use the RN9S..it's a heavy crap.. And for the camera, compare directly without using gcam. grin grin grin grin

RealEzee:
grin bro based on reviews no b only the snapdragon chipset on the note 9s that has it going for it ahead of the A51 tho, and ofcourse a better chipset will naturally result to better performance in all ramifications to even camera, gaming and heavy usage etc, ofcourse e go dey heavier than the A51 as it packs an extra 1000mah battery, na so e take b, 18w fast fasting ahead of the A51, well the only draw back is its screen and the cool part is when compared price wise, it's a steal, Sha it's unfair to compared the note 9s to A51, if na a71 now yeah that's a good head to head, d A51 is flawed Sha.

Personally I won't pick a phone cos of screen when the rest of its specs it flawed by another yet at reasonable price, it's like me buying a Toks Hyundai azeera, very beautiful and good specs ride, then a Toks C300 which is beautiful also but packs extra power, knowing the Toks azeera cost higher than the C300, grin.

Na y I like andriod with the freedom to tweak the engineering settings to your taste and upgrade, grin a mistake I made with my infinix da year, d phone kuku die, e no gree wake up grin the best infinix running on the andriodOne program da year,twas a great phone in my hand.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
sagieramos:

No wonder! You've been using the lowest type of IPS screen (720p) on your infinix, not the FHD (1080p) on the Redmi phones, that's why you give AMOLED so much consideration.

My Redmi Note 8 is my first phone that doesn't come with AMOLED, from Galaxy S4 to S7 personally owned, although I've handle the Galaxy S8 to S10, but not personally owned. I guess some of the mentioned phone above would have better AMOLED display than Samsung mid-range phone considering the fact they are flagship

See! The beauty of AMOLED doesn't freak me anymore. I'm used to it. Performance and multi-tasking is my utmost priority over screen beauty, provided that the price is right. Every specs (except the screen type) in the A51, the RN9s have better, e.g the Corning gorilla glass, yet the RN9s is almost 30k cheaper

You think if the A50 used IPS/LCD it wouldn't be as cheap as the RN9s?

See the extra 30k as the price for the screen.

Aside the screen,one UI is on of the best custom skins on android.

There are preferences for different persons,all round Samsung has it for me

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by sagieramos(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

You think if the A50 used IPS/LCD it wouldn't be as cheap as the RN9s?

See the extra 30k as the price for the screen.

Aside the screen,one UI is on of the best custom skins on android.

There are preferences for different persons,all round Samsung has it for me

I disagree with the bolded. The mi 9t also comes with the same AMOLED display, pop-up camera, under display finger print, CGG5, better processor (SD730) than the A51's... Infact they are incomparable in specs, but they retail almost the same price.
The point here is Samsung is overpriced (both their mid-range and flagship)

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by ICEWIN: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
I totally disagree with you
the redmi is far behind.
am swapping the redmi with sammy note 10.
am using redmi note 9s currently,i cant even play some games,it sucks,it lags so much,it has heating problem when playing rendring games.
plz give review when you have experience and operate the phone not experience on what the internet or vlog said.

sagieramos:
M31 is slightly over A51 especially in the camera and battery department. Both M31 and A51 run on Exynos 9611 (10nm) processor.

Nevertheless, the Snapdragon 720g (8nm) on the Redmi note9s is ahead here as it is built on an 8nm process, as compared to the 10nm manufacturing process of the Exynos 9611. This makes the Snapdragon 720G way more efficient than the Exynos 9611. Even in the CPU department, the Snapdragon 720G pulls ahead with two Cortex-A76 performance cores clocked @ 2.3 GHz and six Cortex-A55 efficiency cores clocked @ 1.8 GHz. The Exynos 9611, on the other hand, uses the age-old four Cortex-A73 performance cores clocked @ 2.3 GHz and four Cortex-A53 cores clocked @ 1.7 GHz. In simpler terms, the Exynos 9611 CPU architecture is generations behind the 720G in RN9s.

As expected from an older processor, the 9611 just can’t come close to the number TOPs the Snapdragon 720G can perform. So hands down RN9s with the Snapdragon 720G and GPU is a much better device than Samsung’s Exynos 9611 powered M31 and A51

The RN9s is only inferior in screen type (IPS) to the AMOLED in Galaxy M31 and A51, however some people would still not choose AMOLED due to its very high cost when due for replacement. Apart from this, RN9s will swallow Galaxy M31 and A51 in every aspect, only in camera department Galaxy A51 is in tier with the RN9s, although, M31 is superior to both RN9s and A51 in camera department, but the differences is negligible, as Gcam can be use to enhance the shot quality in RN9s. Just so you know, Gcam doesn't work on Galaxy phones with esynos processor.

The last but not the least, RN9s will run any games throw at it without heating up, but Galaxy M31 and A51 can only struggle in some games RNs9 would run smoothly

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Sanuelpaul(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
ICEWIN:
the redmi is far behind.
am using redmi note 9s currently,i cant even play some games,it sucks,it lags so much,it has heating problem when playing rendring games.
plz give review when you have experience and operate the phone not experience on what the internet or vlog said.

which game u dey play, make I know
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin cheesy Pls tell them bro.. We have seen and used this their hyped RN9s shit.. The heaviness was the first turn off for me...
ICEWIN:
the redmi is far behind.

What i bolded is pure fact! Personally experience is the best!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by D4donnn: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
sagieramos:

No wonder! You've been using the lowest type of IPS screen (720p) on your infinix, not the FHD (1080p) on the Redmi phones, that's why you give AMOLED so much consideration.

My Redmi Note 8 is my first phone that doesn't come with AMOLED, from Galaxy S4 to S7 personally owned, although I've handle the Galaxy S8 to S10, but not personally owned. I guess some of the mentioned phone above would have better AMOLED display than Samsung mid-range phone considering the fact they are flagship

See! The beauty of AMOLED doesn't freak me anymore. I'm used to it. Performance and multi-tasking is my utmost priority over screen beauty, provided that the price is right. Every specs (except the screen type) in the A51, the RN9s have better, e.g the Corning gorilla glass, yet the RN9s is almost 30k cheaper

If you dont mind me, and please be sincere the perfomance you talk about which app do you use that can not perform decently on the a51, I'll like to know so I can download it and give it a shot on my sister's phone and compare it with my s10 and see the outrageous difference in performance.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by ICEWIN: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
Forza (racing)
asphall 9 legend (racing)
burnout legend (racing)

Sanuelpaul:
which game u dey play, make I know
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
D4donnn:

If you dont mind me, and please be sincere the perfomance you talk about which app do you use that can not perform decently on the a51, I'll like to know so I can download it and give it a shot on my sister's phone and compare it with my s10 and see the outrageous difference in performance.
let me know when he replies you grin cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by akwunmi(m): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
A51 get better camera n it's a big deal to consider
A51 get guaranteed 2-3 GOOGLE ANDROID OS UPGRADES NOT THIER CUSTOM ROM UPDATES O.
( my a50 comes wit android 9 currently on android 10 on Sam custom ROM one u I 2.0)
A51 beta camera
A51 can handle most current android games with no heating.
A51 has beta ram management
A51 4000mah ba3 management na 6000mah of some other phones o 4get d paper spec.
If u get money go 4 a51,u no go regret.
Incase u ask how I tak no all dis ?
Na because I don use n de familiar with both brands
Redmi note series cameras ain't that impressive
I currently use a50 n my bro uses rn7 n he also brought one rn8 home of recent n when I compare rn8 camera 4 nite wit ma a50 ,its no match especially d night shots though I no compare d day camera.
WETIN RN9S TAKE PASS A51 NA MINOR TINS(d speed na 2-5sec )
WETIN A51 TAKE PASS RN9S NA MAJOR TINS...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by JamOSneh: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
A51 make sense pass redmi note 9s jare redmi fans no dey hear better screen great camera tiny bezel screen to body ratio redmi just get battery simple

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by sagieramos(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
D4donnn:

But no one is comparing Galaxy S10 (~₦350k) to RN9s (₦88k) Na!

On your sister a51, install "defence zone 3". play till you reach mission 4 to 5, 19th wave. Come back here and tell us what you discover, don't also forget to measure the phone temperature
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by D4donnn: 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
sagieramos:

But no one is comparing Galaxy S10 (~₦350k) to RN9s (₦88k) Na!

On your sister a51, install "defence zone 3". play till you reach mission 4 to 5, 19th wave. Come back here and tell us what you discover, don't also forget to measure the phone temperature

I get thermometer grin

Guy na 145mb game you they talk about since when you they talk about intensive games abi smiley well done . I no go even. Bother myself download that game , because even coverfire when I download today na close to 500mb and I'll try it with the phone .

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
D4donnn:

I get thermometer grin

Guy na 145mb game you they use talk about since when you they can about intensive games abi smiley well done
lol, me sef hiss grin grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by sagieramos(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
D4donnn:

I get thermometer grin

Guy na 145mb game you they talk about since when you they talk about intensive games abi smiley well done . I no go even. Bother myself download that game , because even coverfire when I download today na close to 500mb and I'll try it with the phone .

Lolzzz. Baba I dey play CODM and PUGB for my phone almost all the time... E get why I say make you play defence zone 3... No be by only game size dey determine the number of entities the processor dey carry. Just try am, you go see waytin I mean.

BTW, coverfire go run on any midrange device smoothly. But not defence zone, especially when you don open the whole entities.

Let me know when your A51 play it to this stage

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Honestly, the a51 is a good device the screen is lovely but the exynos processor is crap, with time it will only get slower but its a great phone to buy if you are not a[b]heavy user[/b].

However the redmi note 9s is a better device in terms of speed camera battery processor and all.
But its kinda heavy but with time you'll get used to it.
Chineka.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
To the guys up there talking about gaming and all, the redmi will easily floor the samsung because the redmi is a better device.
The processor on the a51 is an outdated processor but it's good for an average user.

The only aspect the samung is slighty better than the redmi is the Screen and aspect to body ratio

But an average user might not notice all this because the redmi uses a 1080p display panel.

But.......At the end of the day it all boils down to what the user wants.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Honestly, the a51 is a good device the screen is lovely but the exynos processor is crap, with time it will only get slowe[/b]r but its a great phone to buy if you are not a[b]heavy user.

However the redmi note 9s is a better device in terms of speed camera battery processor and all.
But its kinda heavy but with time you'll get used to it.
Chineka.

What i bolded is crap.. You guys should learn to experience something first hand before commenting.. I believe you don't have or have ever used any of the two phones.. Samsung fone will with time get slow my ass.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by JamOSneh: 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
A51 is better than redmi note 9s camera aspect screen to body ratio amoled display the only thing redmi take better na battery processor slightly better than a51 small

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by JamOSneh: 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
A51 is better than redmi note 9s camera aspect screen to body ratio amoled display the only thing redmi take better na �‍♂️battery processor slightly better than a51 small
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:04am On Aug 25, 2020
pabllov53:

What i bolded is crap.. You guys should learn to experience something first hand before commenting.. I believe you don't have or have ever used any of the two phones.. Samsung fone will with time get slow my ass.
undecided Time will tell. The exynos chipset is not a very good chipset it's an inferior chipset when compared to SD. with time you'll start experiencing hiccups and lags on that exynos device
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 8:00am On Aug 25, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
undecided Time will tell. The exynos chipset is not a very good chipset it's an inferior chipset when compared to SD. with time you'll start experiencing hiccups and lags on that exynos device
will not experience shit.. Have you used exynos for 3yrs? I bet nope.. But you see futures
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2020
pabllov53:
will not experience shit.. Have you used exynos for 3yrs? I bet nope.. But you see futures
Dude exynos is a bad chipset.
Within 1 - 2 years come give us update of your phone performance.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by D4donnn: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2020
Kvngfrosh:

Bro I don't know how best to say this without initiating an argument I really don't want, but I tell you there's no phone you can use for over a year that you won't see a drop in performance , on both battery and processing power , and after three years damn it becomes evident . In iphones the difference is minimal but it's quite glaring or evident on android devices .

Ever wonder why people comfortably use a 7 while others can't use an s7 edge for an extended period of time .

Let's just leave the argument of chipset , I don't see a reason why anybody will wanna use a phone for 3 years

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by D4donnn: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Within 1 - 2 years come give us update if your phone still fast like now.

And you will you do same with your so called midrange snapdragon chipset
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Exynos a bad chipset It's either you're arguing out of ignorance or you've got no clue what you're saying.
Rest bruh, you are not getting paid for arguing so quit bringing up invalid points.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2020
kiss Ok.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by BethRichie: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
So no one mentioned that Samsung a51 will receive three (3) software updates as opposed to others being compared?

Why? You all ain't aware Samsung recently announced it during the launch of Note 20 and Note 20 ultra?

Imagine a51 goes from Android 10 to 13 while m31 stops at 12 and xiaomi stops at android 11 only. lipsrsealed

That a very huge margin and the biggest reason to choose a51 coupled with 'beastly' One UI which has twice the features of "Android stock/one"

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by lahizak: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
I have read all d reviews here because Im also thinking of buying d Samsung A51. I love physical and modern beauty, good camera, quality sound and video experience and I love the amoled display on my old s7 edge. I am not into phone games though.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
lmao 1-2yrs, come back and gv us update on ur snapdragon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtnjulydeal: Get Free 1GB Data Valid For Seven Days / Glo #1000 Has Been Doubled Back! / Get 240mb With #200 On Your Airtel Sim Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.