Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s (5669 Views)

Brand New Samsung Galaxy M31 / 1 Week Old Samsung Galaxy M31 For Sale / Samsung Galaxy A51 Review After 3 Months Of Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Binance(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
RealEzee:
Personally I'll go for the note 9s,I'm particular about performance cos that will prove how the phone will respond to task from mid to heavy usage, also gives room for upgrade on existing features thru future updates from the company or personal tweaks, that SD 720g will blow the chipset on m31 and A51 away.

Can't compare a corolla on v4 engine to a benz on a v8 engine,even if you put 8 tyres on it, engine performance will always tell who's better on the long.

Screen display is where the Samsung takes it, for me it's not a deal breaker at all, will pick a benz over a Hyundai grin.

When doing personal tweaks I go fit upgrade the features on the note 9s but will be limited on the A51 n m31 cos of its chipset(engine).

The trade offs or corners cut on the note 9s is ok by me, they are not some specular feature I will be missing e.g amoled panel.

The note 9s ticks the box for me.
Your argument was interesting till you introduced a wrong comparison...in reality Benz is the Samsung while Hyundai is that Noami of a phone that China use deceive Una.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by RealEzee(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Binance:

Your argument was interesting till you introduced a wrong comparison...in reality Benz is the Samsung while Hyundai is that Noami of a phone that China use deceive Una.
Bud u didn't get the comparison here, spec for spec between note 9s and the m31 and A51, note 9s is benz and the m31 and A51 is Hyundai, C300 vs Azeera, engine vs beauty.

Please explain how Xiaomi has been deceitful tho?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by IanSholex(m): 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
All these arguments will only make the OP more confused, sentiments and personal preferences is written all over the thread. All 3 phones are good but it all depends on your need and want.
The A51 has the best aesthetic, lighter and will receive 3 years update. Has better display and the SOC though not as powerful as the SD 720G but it will serve you if you are not a heavy user.
In terms of raw power, the RN9s has better processor than the other 2, has better protection and build quality. The LCD is no match for the Amoled screen on both A51 and A31 but is still deliver decently. The phone is more heavier than A51 but you will enjoy more juice of extra 1000mah from the battery of 5000mah as oppose the 4000mah on A51. You're cetain of only a year OTA update, you might get 2 years but it's not guaranteed.
Lastly the M31 is basically A51 in another body, except for the bump of 6000mah in the battery, it has an outdated aesthetic compare to the othe 2, but the processor, camera and protection is the same with A51. It also has the conventional fingerprint panel at the back as against the under-display fingerprint in the A51.
Now in the camera department, the 3 phones has negligible differences.
My verdicts:
If you prefer beautiful aesthetic and display,longer update go with A51
If you're concerned more with processing power, longer battery life. Better protection, and if the extra weight is not a concern for you, then choose the RN9s
Now if your utmost concern is battery size, pick the M31, just know you're trading off more beautiful aesthetic, in-display fingerprint, and longer OTA update for more battery juice. I hope you can make a decision from this summation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
BethRichie:
So no one mentioned that Samsung a51 will receive three (3) software updates as opposed to others being compared?

Why? You all ain't aware Samsung recently announced it during the launch of Note 20 and Note 20 ultra?

Imagine a51 goes from Android 10 to 13 while m31 stops at 12 and xiaomi stops at android 11 only. lipsrsealed

That a very huge margin and the biggest reason to choose a51 coupled with 'beastly' One UI which has twice the features of "Android stock/one"

i think the xiaomi triumphs over the Samsung in terms of updates and support both official and unofficial.
Not sure though
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
pabllov53:
lmao 1-2yrs, come back and gv us update on ur snapdragon
Just to make things clear .grin you know snapdragon is better than Exynos ryt?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Anamekele: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Please I mistakenly touched something on phone while downloading music in my phone. Since then I have been having repeated pop up numbers and virus sign in my phone.
Please how can I stop this or remove the virus
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
BethRichie:
So no one mentioned that Samsung a51 will receive three (3) software updates as opposed to others being compared?

Why? You all ain't aware Samsung recently announced it during the launch of Note 20 and Note 20 ultra?

Imagine a51 goes from Android 10 to 13 while m31 stops at 12 and xiaomi stops at android 11 only. lipsrsealed

That a very huge margin and the biggest reason to choose a51 coupled with 'beastly' One UI which has twice the features of "Android stock/one"

So you mean One UI is better than stock andriod undecided
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Anamekele:
Please I mistakenly touched something on phone while downloading music in my phone. Since then I have been having repeated pop up numbers and virus sign in my phone.
Please how can I stop this or remove the virus
device name? When last did you download a security patch update and explain virus part better
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
D4donnn:

Bro I don't know how best to say this without initiating an argument I really don't want, but I tell you there's no phone you can use for over a year that you won't see a drop in performance , on both battery and processing power , and after three years damn it becomes evident . In iphones the difference is minimal but it's quite glaring or evident on android devices .

Ever wonder why people comfortably use a 7 while others can't use an s7 edge for an extended period of time .

Let's just leave the argument of chipset , I don't see a reason why anybody will wanna use a phone for 3 years
Yh true you have a point.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
Stanl3y:

Exynos a bad chipset It's either you're arguing out of ignorance or you've got no clue what you're saying.
Rest bruh, you are not getting paid for arguing so quit bringing up invalid points.
angry so you are telling me exynos on the a51 is a very very good chipset to use that you won't experience a drop in performance after 2 years or so.
Please clarify without using derogatory words.
kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 12:29am On Aug 26, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Just to make things clear .grin you know snapdragon is better than Exynos ryt?
yea, but exynos still does wateva snapdragon will do
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
angry so you are telling me exynos on the a51 is a very very good chipset to use that you won't experience a drop in performance after 2 years or so.
kiss
have you used one before? Talkless of up to 3yrs
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:54am On Aug 26, 2020
pabllov53:
yea, but exynos still does wateva snapdragon will do
undecided then an mtk device will do whatever an Exynos device can do ryt?
Based on your rule above kiss

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:56am On Aug 26, 2020
Anyway, I'm not against the A51 the phone looks stylish to the eye.I just hate the chipset

Bye smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by D4donnn: 2:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
kiss

I don't think there's any chipset that you would use that you wouldn't notice a drop in performance after a year or two, though I can't categorically say for the flagships sha but the sd855 on my phone that thing multi tasking is the truth . But back to what I wanna address.

So I did a simple search on Google for the antutu score of samsung s8 and note 8 and I realized that the samsung a51 has better or higher scores than both devices . These are both devices I've used in the past and my cousins were sent some from Dubai this lockdown . And it's quite snappy and zippy to the touch, even when playing games like the dream league and the gangstar new Orleans because I sent it to them .

Now I don't know if your argument is snapdragon chips have a longer period before they start to detonate , but I can tell you that the google pixel 2xl I used last damn after flexing that thing for about 8 months the thing start to slow and it was quite noticeable. though I know why sha , the apps I stored on it , the number of parallel apps constantly running on the phone and the volume of gmail's and all , the phone hear am for my hand.

Back to the koko , I realized most xiaomi fans are not always really sincere , the xiaomi note 8 yall be hyping since is even lower than the score of the a51 , but most preach it as the truth . But anyways who one buy phone nai know wetin he one use am do or want from am , I dont have any issue with the xiaomi device i can even use it myself, but i won't recommend a non techie person to pick it over a samsung knowing what I know now .

As long as a phone can handle multi tasking brilliantly, run most apps very well , has a premium and sleek look and feel , the battery is efficient and there's the hope of software update , hmmmm I think it's truly nice .

Trust me what y'all dont know is , e no get how phone perform reach when it's not fine , damn you would never truly be satisfied I used an letv le 2 and that phone na real beast for the price I got it, but it's old design left much to be desired but I still flex am all the same because the phone had a feature I liked . I'm not saying the redmi isn't pretty but I dont think it's as pretty as the a51

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Telvin7(m): 2:37am On Aug 26, 2020
lahizak:
I have read all d reviews here because Im also thinking of buying d Samsung A51. I love physical and modern beauty, good camera, quality sound and video experience and I love the amoled display on my old s7 edge. I am not into phone games though.
Let me just advice you ..
Buy the Samsung Galaxy a71 , mi note 10 lite or oneplus Nord ...

All comes with AMOLED display and powerful chipset.

Just buy the oneplus Nord . It's the absolute best.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Telvin7(m): 2:41am On Aug 26, 2020
amordi:
Please help me choose between Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s. Honest review will be appreciated.

Ahumanbeing
Stanl3y
superemmy
Henryneo
genius43
beejayvince
DarkJeddi
Sandyultimate
D4donnn
Karex81
sagieramos

But the oneplus Nord , Google pixel 4a or the mi note 10 lite..

All comes with better display , camera and powerful processor than the a51 ..

The a51 chipset is just too inferior ..

If you like Samsung , just add a little money and buy the a71 it's the best ..

But if I were you , the oneplus Nord is a steal for its price .

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 3:03am On Aug 26, 2020
D4donnn:

I don't think there's any chipset that you would use that you wouldn't notice a drop in performance after a year or two, though I can't categorically say for the flagships sha but the sd855 on my phone that thing multi tasking is the truth . But back to what I wanna address.

So I did a simple search on Google for the antutu score of samsung s8 and note 8 and I realized that the samsung a51 has better or higher scores than both devices . These are both devices I've used in the past and my cousins were sent some from Dubai this lockdown . And it's quite snappy and zippy to the touch, even when playing games like the dream league and the gangstar new Orleans because I sent it to them .

Now I don't know if your argument is snapdragon chips have a longer period before they start to detonate , but I can tell you that the google pixel 2xl I used last damn after flexing that thing for about 8 months the thing start to slow and it was quite noticeable. though I know why sha , the apps I stored on it , the number of parallel apps constantly running on the phone and the volume of gmail's and all , the phone hear am for my hand.

Back to the koko , I realized most xiaomi fans are not always really sincere , the xiaomi note 8 yall be hyping since is even lower than the score of the a51 , but most preach it as the truth . But anyways who one buy phone nai know wetin he one use am do or want from am , I dont have any issue with the xiaomi device i can even use it myself, but i won't recommend a non techie person to pick it over a samsung knowing what I know now .

As long as a phone can handle multi tasking brilliantly, run most apps very well , has a premium and sleek look and feel , the battery is efficient and there's the hope of software update , hmmmm I think it's truly nice .

Trust me what y'all dont know is , e no get how phone perform reach when it's not fine , damn you would never truly be satisfied I used an letv le 2 and that phone na real beast for the price I got it, but it's old design left much to be desired but I still flex am all the same because the phone had a feature I liked . I'm not saying the redmi isn't pretty but I dont think it's as pretty as the a51
Dream league a game that runs flawlessly on a 3gb Tecno device .
And if I'm not mistaken the s8 and note 8 were samsung 2017 flagship devices
I never mentioned or hyped redmi note 8 anywhere check my previous posts. The comparison was btw redmi note 9s and Samsung a51 angry a quick Google search shows that the note 9s antutu score is about 280,000+ compared to the 179,000.
However I get the point you were driving at.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by D4donnn: 3:27am On Aug 26, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
Dream league a game that runs flawlessly on a 3gb Tecno device .
And if I'm not mistaken the s8 and note 8 were samsung 2017 flagship devices
I never mentioned or hyped redmi note 8 anywhere check my previous posts. The comparison was btw redmi note 9s and Samsung a51 angry a quick Google search shows that the note 9s antutu score is about 280,000+ compared to the 179,000.
However I get the point you were driving at.

I never said you did hype note 8 , I'm simply stating what xiaomi fans drummed on our ears last year when the ote 8 was launched and moreover I'm not a gamer , so I dont see a need to download games , secondly i play more of open world games like gangstar Vegas , Rio, gta and the likes and most of them are over 1 gig as compared a 175mb game someone suggested I try

I'm not saying that with regards processing power the redmi is miles ahead on paper , but real world usage is quite different . what I'm simply trying to say is other than multi tasking and in running heavy apps you can barely notice the difference , but I stand to be corrected, and those 2017 flagship, I swear I'll pick a faily used samsung note 8 over any xiaomi note 9s , anyday anytime . But that's my choice and you are entitled to yours .
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Anamekele: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2020
Kvngfrosh:
device name? When last did you download a security patch update and explain virus part better
Samsung M11
The site I I download the music is called waploaded.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2020
D4donnn:

I never said you did hype note 8 , I'm simply stating what xiaomi fans drummed on our ears last year when the ote 8 was launched and moreover I'm not a gamer , so I dont see a need to download games , secondly i play more of open world games like gangstar Vegas , Rio, gta and the likes and most of them are over 1 gig as compared a 175mb game someone suggested I try

I'm not saying that with regards processing power the redmi is miles ahead on paper , but real world usage is quite different . what I'm simply trying to say is other than multi tasking and in running heavy apps you can barely notice the difference , but I stand to be corrected, and those 2017 flagship, I swear I'll pick a faily used samsung note 8 over any xiaomi note 9s , anyday anytime . But that's my choice and you are entitled to yours .
ok kiss.
But I still don't get how redmi note 8 got into the picture.
I'll pick a fairly used Samsung note 8 over the a51

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by xtervaganza(m): 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
davillian:
One reason I run away from Samsung
Once the screen gets damage
It would cost you more than 40% the cost of the phone to fix the screen.
you people keep saying this but we Samsung users get value for our money. Thing is, even when the screen is broken the calibration still works flawlessly. I've never changed a Samsung phone screen. I use it very well b4 giving it to someone

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
xtervaganza:
you people keep saying this but we Samsung users get value for our money. Thing is, even when the screen is broken the calibration still works flawlessly. I've never changed a Samsung phone screen. I use it very well b4 giving it to someone
Nor mind dem, very careless ppl. Besides new samsung's now comes with atleast gorilla glass 3.. A back patch accompanied with screen guard will ensure screen longevity.. Na those days Samsung screen dem dey brake anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by sagieramos(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
pabllov53:

Nor mind dem, very careless ppl. Besides new samsung's now comes with atleast gorilla glass 3.. A back patch accompanied with screen guard will ensure screen longevity.. Na those days Samsung screen dem dey brake anyhow.
Oga e still dey brake o... my guy mistakenly crack in new Galaxy S9 screen, they say make e go bring 95k for replacement. I fit help am sell am incase you go buy the phone. Very clean, Na just the screen

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by davillian(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
xtervaganza:
I don't use crack screen
Once my screen cracks I fix or change the phone...
Button line Samsung screen are the most expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Flytime: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
As for me the a51 is the better pick,I believe most people who recommend xaiomi believe most people are gamers

A friend of mine who likes games was in an argument with me about if he'll picks ugly gaming device over a beautifully made flagship device and not surprisingly he chose the gaming device
My point there is that it's all about choice

I for one won't sacrifice a better display, better design, longer major update support,in display fingerprint and a better camera minus gcam for a slightly better processor and a better battery life toping it all with a design i don't like especially the back.
Redmi should go back to the note 8 non pro beautiful design... that I love

A friend of mine bought the a20 with an exynos processor when it was first launched and it mehn while gaming the amoled display made the gameplay x2 better it just felt so smooth...in short display adds to gameplay experience.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Banji008: 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
pabllov53:

Gorilla glass 3 Isnt good enough

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by Banji008: 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
The redmi comes with a gorilla glass 5.
Both front and back

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2020
sagieramos:

Oga e still dey brake o... my guy mistakenly crack in new Galaxy S9 screen, they say make e go bring 95k for replacement. I fit help am sell am incase you go buy the phone. Very clean, Na just the screen
S9 na gorilla glass 5 ooo. If it cracked, that means the RN9S that has gorilla glass 5 also isn't safe
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by pabllov53: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2020
Banji008:
The redmi comes with a gorilla glass 5.
Both front and back
still not safe
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s by sagieramos(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2020
pabllov53:
S9 na gorilla glass 5 ooo. If it cracked, that means the RN9S that has gorilla glass 5 also isn't safe
True, even gravel dey crack sometimes and nothing is 100% resistance to damage. But AMOLED display is so fragile to an extent a crack on a tiny spot can make the rest of the screen burn off. Try it. Just hit the edge of any phone with AMOLED display to an impact, and watch the screen burn slowly but fast to your very eyes.
Na so my guy watch in phone screen as e dey burn from top corner to the whole screen in slow motion, but could do nothing about it. That day be like film trick.
Fear AMOLED, especially if you be hustler, site worker, you be person wey dey always rush enter public bus or you no get your own ride. In fact, fear AMOLED if you dey stay Lagos. E get why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get 240mb With #200 On Your Airtel Sim Now! / *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! / You Need To See How Big The Bush Meat I Encountered Somewhere At Ado Ekiti Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.