Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

My Experience With The 774000 Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With The 774000 Jobs (25476 Views)

NDE Recruitment 2021 For 774000 Federal Government Jobs | Application Details / 774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend / 774000 Jobs To Continue Jan 5th - Special Public Works Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Openbusiness: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Buy Intelligent Dispensers
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by abbey621(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Yet people will continue to shout BUHARI or their Governor not knowing the problem of 9ja runs deeper than that! Imagine traditional rulers, people that are supposed to be after the well being of their people rather than just money....Spits!
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Edyice: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
Those 992 candidates will be like ...

I know oba grin
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Todayswind(f): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
Where are we going like this
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by dingbang(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
I am not surprised
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Vlibray: 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
grin grin grin
I can’t stop laughing
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by redsun(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Whatt is the oba's business in the employment scheme,apart from character referencing and identification?

The is the story did not make sense.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by sunkieisland(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
I already said it

Everyone in this country have been trained directly or indirectly in Nigerian act of Scamming.

Most Nigerians, especially the government are scammers.

GBA be

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Herkim(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Greediness
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by techmo(m): 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Who do you really think gets paid the salary of civil service ghost workers

Lol
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by nams77: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
And when any of these heartless souls die miserably & someone types how such news gladdens his soul,one lost soul will come to remind me how I'm human like them when these guys have forgotten to be humane to ordinary Nigerians...Nonsense!
Don't mind those Ediots. Saying we shouldn't wish them death because I am human. When dey are already killing us. In fact make thunder fire anybody wey go tell me that rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by ipobarethieves: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
sad We are indeed FANATICALLY, FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT.They reach 65 yrs old,dey won't retire,dey'll rather die on the job.
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
If you are a graduate with the amount of effort and connection you put in for a 3 month contract offer of 20k per month then I weep for the future of Nigeria. All the best I wish you well. Even n power people after thier program what have become thier fate? The Job is more of pry six and 0 level certificate.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by legba1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
We keep coming online to rant..... It is what we know to do best and those older peeps know it... Not until we do the needful, they... the elders who are over fed will keep taking us for a ride

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nigerian has remained like this because only President Buhari and a handful of Nigerians really wanted change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Caroworld: 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
The whole scheme was never meant to favour the masses. This country is something else!
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by owoshuyi(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Thanks for bringing this to light sir. This is very unfortunate for this country

awhybliss:
I see vividly how corruption works �
I called a member number from the special public works site (ondo committee 774,000 jobs), the man referred me to a king in the community to get the form from so that I can Register. I got to the oba's palaces yesterday,
I told the security personal I came for the special public works, he look me like a novice, he says he don't know anything about it, he direct me to the secretary, getting to the secretary I asked the same question, she also said she haven't heard about that before, so I take my time to talk her through.

She then told me to wait so that she can deliver my message to the king, to my surprise the king comes out, I pay respect as a Yoruba guy, he ask me who referred me, I told him the name (I don't want to mention names) he pick up his phone and call a number probably he didn't clearly hear the name I called, so he call another member of the committee (I could here the conversation, the phone speaker was loud and clear)
The discussion on phone:

Oba: why do you send someone to me
man:I don't send anybody baba
Oba: a boy came here saying you sent him to me
Man: please give him the phone
(I collect the phone)
Man: why are you lying I sent you
Me: not a lie sir, I call a number from the special public works site.
Man: what's name
Me: Mr.*******(for security purposes I don't want mention name yet)
Man: give oba the phone,
I give back the phone to oba
Man: it's is honorable ***** that sent him
Oba: why is honorable doing like this (in Yoruba), sebi we agreed we are only employing 8 people out of the 1000, why did he send somebody else again
MesadI almost fainted after hearing that) Oba: help me tell your people not to refer anybody to the job again oo please
(Phone hang up).
He then told me to write my name and phone number.... So I left the place.

I have been thinking about it since yesterday, am even less concerned about me getting the job My main concern is even if you want to embezzle money, why must you go so far and deep? it will even be better to employ 500 people and you can embezzle the remaining 500 out of the 1000 beneficiaries..why will you plan to embezzle 992 out of 1000. That's too much, leaving only 8?
@fkeyamo fought a good fight by not allowing the project been hijacked.. but it will still end in vain because there will be so many ghost worker that will get paid during this program.
Imagine if what I experience is likely what is happening in major local government.
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by SocialJustice: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
This story is false. The oba does not have the right to annex slots as such numbers unless the senator, rep member and every other political office holder in the local government is in on it.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by offongk(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
[left][/left]
LibertyRep:
This sounds so much incredible and I'm struggling to believe it wasn't made up.

The OP should clear my doubt by making public the names of those involved.

It's not that Nigerian leaders are not capable of anything, but 8 out of 1000 is just undiluted greed.

You self reason am now that's just a paltry 0.8%
.... Why will she or he do that in a country that your life is at risk?
When u don't power to defend yourself
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Fidelismaria: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2020

Nigeria is doomed to fail

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by JubrinElSudan: 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Op, in your LG, how many Obas are in it? Maybe your own particular Oba in your LG has just 8 slots

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by ayanbaba2(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
9icest:
Similar experience last year. My brother needs admission into unilag. Cut off was very low but a sure link said it’s possible for 100k. I thought it was 419 but paid coz I didn’t want my brother to feel like I didn’t want him to stay home again. My bros got the admission. When I met the link later I asked him how he did it, he said university admission 2nd list, he said there are arrangements and levels. Government get their own slots, State and federal level oh, and even Ministry of education guys, even kings and chiefs of the communities, then VC and lecturers. It’s all about booking slots earlier and making slots available in your own department. There are people with worse cut off chilling inside Unilag while those with higher cut off are looking for admission. If nor enter the merit list you can’t get into the supplementary list unless you get sure link.
If Corruption is human, he is a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nostradamus: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nwoke01:
Op please call names and stop all this secrecy. Do you think they will come here looking for you or what, if you can't call names pls go back to bed.

Nobody should believe this trash here.
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by IamDavid(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Corruption is at an alarming level in Nigeria but this one wey op write na lie.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by AerialMapper: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Next year, the president will list creation of 774,000 as an achievement
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by AerialMapper: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Next year, the president will list creation of 774,000 jobs as an achievement
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by stagger: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Fools are busy watching big brother naija.

Why do you think the government has refused to ban the show? The people need "games" (I quote the emperor in Gladiator). Keep them entertained with all sorts of stuff. Use new CAMA law to muzzle spiritual leaders who are calling out the Fulani herdsmen and their sponsors. Just do whatever you can to keep the youths chasing shadows while the country is signed off to the rich, their children, family members, their friends, cronies, etc.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Vanzcharles(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
I said what I said before, it is only fools who fight for the political elites that dont have our interest at heart.
APC or PDP are all the same as there are no differences. Corruption at its highest peak. Nigeria will continue to deteriorate till these generation pass.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by golddare: 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
awhybliss:
I see vividly how corruption works �
I called a member number from the special public works site (ondo committee 774,000 jobs), the man referred me to a king in the community to get the form from so that I can Register. I got to the oba's palaces yesterday,
I told the security personal I came for the special public works, he look me like a novice, he says he don't know anything about it, he direct me to the secretary, getting to the secretary I asked the same question, she also said she haven't heard about that before, so I take my time to talk her through.

She then told me to wait so that she can deliver my message to the king, to my surprise the king comes out, I pay respect as a Yoruba guy, he ask me who referred me, I told him the name (I don't want to mention names) he pick up his phone and call a number probably he didn't clearly hear the name I called, so he call another member of the committee (I could here the conversation, the phone speaker was loud and clear)
The discussion on phone:

Oba: why do you send someone to me
man:I don't send anybody baba
Oba: a boy came here saying you sent him to me
Man: please give him the phone
(I collect the phone)
Man: why are you lying I sent you
Me: not a lie sir, I call a number from the special public works site.
Man: what's name
Me: Mr.*******(for security purposes I don't want mention name yet)
Man: give oba the phone,
I give back the phone to oba
Man: it's is honorable ***** that sent him
Oba: why is honorable doing like this (in Yoruba), sebi we agreed we are only employing 8 people out of the 1000, why did he send somebody else again
MesadI almost fainted after hearing that) Oba: help me tell your people not to refer anybody to the job again oo please
(Phone hang up).
He then told me to write my name and phone number.... So I left the place.

I have been thinking about it since yesterday, am even less concerned about me getting the job My main concern is even if you want to embezzle money, why must you go so far and deep? it will even be better to employ 500 people and you can embezzle the remaining 500 out of the 1000 beneficiaries..why will you plan to embezzle 992 out of 1000. That's too much, leaving only 8?
@fkeyamo fought a good fight by not allowing the project been hijacked.. but it will still end in vain because there will be so many ghost worker that will get paid during this program.
Imagine if what I experience is likely what is happening in major local government.
Dont be discouraged you may be the 9th person.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Giftexx: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
LibertyRep:
This sounds so much incredible and I'm struggling to believe it wasn't made up.

The OP should clear my doubt by making public the names of those involved.

It's not that Nigerian leaders are not capable of anything, but 8 out of 1000 is just undiluted greed.

You self reason am now that's just a paltry 0.8%
Remember the oba has his name and phone number...so he can't release more info than he already has
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by OBAGADAFFI: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
9icest:
Similar experience last year. My brother needs admission into unilag. Cut off was very low but a sure link said it’s possible for 100k. I thought it was 419 but paid coz I didn’t want my brother to feel like I didn’t want him to stay home again. My bros got the admission. When I met the link later I asked him how he did it, he said university admission 2nd list, he said there are arrangements and levels. Government get their own slots, State and federal level oh, and even Ministry of education guys, even kings and chiefs of the communities, then VC and lecturers. It’s all about booking slots earlier and making slots available in your own department. There are people with worse cut off chilling inside Unilag while those with higher cut off are looking for admission. If nor enter the merit list you can’t get into the supplementary list unless you get sure link.
If Corruption is human, he is a Nigerian

These has been happening for more than 20 years in all our public Universities.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by xxxXXXxxx: 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
This is a serious allegation against the Nigerian society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgent Job Vacancy In Asaba, Delta State / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK / Jobs At The US Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.