Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) (41616 Views)

Innoson Research Center Nnewi (photos and Videos) / Sales And Installation Of Automobile Windscreens And Side Glasses / Sales And Installation Of Automobile Windscreens And Side Glasses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by phantom24: 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ijaya123:
I hope it sees the light of the day and not some politically motivated gimmick.
One of d reasons why we remain under develop is psycophancy, this is over 3 times am seein this thread this year yet nothing tangible on ground. We keep counting our chickens b4 they hatch. Next wk they'll comeup with another of such but at d end d truth will speak 4 itself

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by lexy2014: 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Udom is a silent achiever. Not all these audio governments from left right and centre deceiving themselves and their clueless supporters

Ask your government why something as common as electricity is impossible in Nigeria. When the amount of all the looted Fund in a single month can guarantee us constant electricity.

Clueless supporters

This is from d first two lines if d story which is are variance with headline:

"The project is owned and developed by Mimshack and Israeli based Merkavim "
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by lexy2014: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
tutudesz:
Akwa Ibom is blessed with good governor's, that are aways setting and breaking record. Unlike my My governors, always breaking record in corruption.

Did u read this in d story:

"The project is owned and developed by Mimshack and Israeli based Merkavim"
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by lexy2014: 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
chloride6:
What a useless state goverment.

Instead of focusing on healthcare, roads and education. They are busy spending money in areas they cab embezzle.

Did u read d first two lines of d story?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Kennitrust(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Udom said "DAKADA" he is showing the examples of what he mean.

Congrats to my governor.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by VULCAN(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Definitely you are on the right track.

That takes a determined entrepreneur.

But Nigeria has very few entrepreneurs, its mostly traders and a few businessmen here and there.

Nigsrdumb:

You've just highlighted a business opportunity for investors.

A group can build a credit reporting system.

Second group can build a finance system.

Plug this two in with car purchases, problem solved.

We need to put our thinking caps on and stop expecting the government to do everything.

I know it's easier said than done.

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Nanavati(m): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
with what the government is building in Akwa ibom state I won't be surprised if we overtake lagos state in 20yrs

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Nicepoker(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Godons1:
Bye bye to INNOSON substandard and fake moving Coffins. cheesy grin grin cheesy
A product you can't afford. I understand.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Godons1: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nicepoker:
A product you can't afford. I understand.

I rather use my money to buy a KEKE than that, moving Coffins called INNOSON Motors. KEKE will out live that thing called Cars. grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by chatinent: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
Cool.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by tutudesz: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Did u read this in d story:

Investors will invest were there is massive development, good road, security, etc. the governor good work attracted them to the state. Why Akwa Ibom Why not Ogun state, Oyo state, Edo state, Delta state The governor is good simple undecided

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Gerrard59(m): 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
VULCAN:
The problem with fantastic projects like this is the exorbitant cost of doing business in Nigeria guarantees that the cheapest car will be over N4m

Still far beyond the reach of the Common man.

And no option to pay installmentally

Well, compared to buying an imported brand new car, it's affordable. How much is a brand new 2018 Toyota Camry? Because Nigerians are poor is why unknown Chinese auto companies have huge sales in the country.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by pendusky(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
ZACHIE:
Absolute rubbish.
Ill advised. Not thought out. Unnecessary.
Deemed to fail.
Who said building cars are our priority?
We are stupid. I swear down.

Who is arguing with you, when Akpabio was building stadium and airport we got rubb1sh comment like this. If you like rant till next week..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by poweredcom(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
So na to build motor now be naija wahala who r buying them na be my questions
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by whyteteeth: 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ugaboy:
who doesnt love good thing, u need help

U don't like good things. You are the one who doesn't like good things.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by mrksquare: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Have a friend who is working with Ibom Air and now is this novel step which multiplier effect will lead to job creation. Yet my Governor all he does is to build fly over upon fly overs. Here we have a government that prioritises youth engagement through gainful employment over cosmetic infrastructural project with no economic significance. Wish Wike can learn what governance truly entails from his Akwa Ibom counterpart. Not the ad hoc task force jobs he keep creating for youth. 5

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by SILVERLINES: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
ZACHIE:
Absolute rubbish.
Deemed to fail.
probably you are this type of guys with dirty un-combed hair roaming the streets on dirty singlet or, perhaps you are a marlian the incomparable type of useless guys of the 21st century, I beg you next time allow decent and intellectual guys make their brief comments.

Concentrate with ur cigarette or ur favourite brands of hem and drugs

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by SILVERLINES: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
michlins:
Rivers State see your mate

My broda Wike is completely useless

All we heard is flyover

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by udemzyudex(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
isaacprinz:
What I dont understand is why Udom Emmanuel will be achieving such feats while Uyo to Calabar road is a no go area, so are these governors social media leaders or there is something I don't understand.

Uyo to calabar road, is it a state or federal road? In just curious.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by kevinexit(m): 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
See the most useless governor so far..

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by lexy2014: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
tutudesz:

Investors will invest were there is massive development, good road, security, etc. the governor good work attracted them to the state. Why Akwa Ibom Why not Ogun state, Oyo state, Edo state, Delta state The governor is good simple undecided

The headline says:

"Akwa ibom begins construction of automobile factory".

Is that d same thing as:

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by TooGod247(m): 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
only three container and 4 shove to build automobile company mctww scam govt
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Drosonogasta(m): 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
swiz123:

If you had only read the first line, you would have seen that the owner of the company is an Israeli and not the government.

Please, stop disgracing us
They're just speechless my broda
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by ComeToJesus: 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2020
ZACHIE:
Absolute rubbish.
Deemed to fail.

Plrade read up on what constitutes the GDP of a country and how it impacts the economy.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by VULCAN(m): 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
I am just guessing the price of their cars.

You seem to have info on how much they plan to sell?
Gerrard59:

Well, compared to buying an imported brand new car, it's affordable. How much is a brand new 2018 Toyota Camry? Because Nigerians are poor is why unknown Chinese auto companies have huge sales in the country.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by iukpe: 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nigeria needs to develop her own technology in very many sectors. All the people saying this may not be a viable project should look at how much Nigeria spends on vehicle importation in a year, in the government and private sector. Then hope that the quality of vehicle produced and the price would meet an acceptable standard. That is all really needed for this project to create jobs and get a good share of the auto market not only in Nigeria but in the west African region with the technology development that goes with it.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by tutudesz: 11:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
lexy2014:

The headline says:

"Akwa ibom begins construction of automobile factory".

Is that d same thing as:

Was there Government in the headline undecided Mimshack and Merkavim investment is based on the government performance, nobody invest in a state/country were the government is not working. Good government attract investors

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by tolaade1960: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
Good development. It's better govt uses billions to establish industries that create jobs for it's citizens .
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by gabrielmorinho(m): 12:42am On Aug 24, 2020
Rubbish story. That's not even the least of problems NIGERIA has. We want to see relevant improvement in our power sector. PPP should be encouraged. Thank you.
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by ZooOga: 12:50am On Aug 24, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Nothing less than looting

you may be on to something Merkavim builds buses and there is only one car manufacturing company in Israel which may not be functioning. We will have to wait and see if this deal is legit. Hopefully it's real and provides jobs.

Merkavim Transportation Technologies Ltd., shortened to Merkavim (Hebrew: מרכבים‎), is the largest bus manufacturing company in Israel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkavim

Israel Car Manufacturers
The manufacturing of these cars ceased during the 1980s, and Israel's only remaining car making company today is AIL. Autocars manufactured its own car models under the Sabra (Hebrew: צברה) brand. The line included a station wagon, pick-up and the Sabra Sport, a sport car derived from Reliant;.

Is there any car production in Israel?
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-car-production-in-Israel

"There was some. Almost all is gone.

Alexander Rusinov's answer to Why hasn't Israel developed its automobile industry?

Country is small. So it has very small local market. And to get share in the global market - you need huge resources investment which small business in small country couldn’t sustain.

There were attempts to develop Israeli automobile industry.

First, there was plant assembling some American models in beginning of 1950s."

Autopedia, the free auto encyclopedia
Sabra
https://automobile.fandom.com/wiki/Sabra
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 24, 2020
ZooOga:

you may be on to something Merkavim builds buses and there is only one car manufacturing company in Israel which may not be functioning. We will have to wait and see if this deal is legit. Hopefully it's real and provides jobs.

Merkavim Transportation Technologies Ltd., shortened to Merkavim (Hebrew: מרכבים‎), is the largest bus manufacturing company in Israel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkavim

Israel Car Manufacturers
The manufacturing of these cars ceased during the 1980s, and Israel's only remaining car making company today is AIL. Autocars manufactured its own car models under the Sabra (Hebrew: צברה) brand. The line included a station wagon, pick-up and the Sabra Sport, a sport car derived from Reliant;.

Is there any car production in Israel?
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-car-production-in-Israel

"There was some. Almost all is gone.

Alexander Rusinov's answer to Why hasn't Israel developed its automobile industry?

Country is small. So it has very small local market. And to get share in the global market - you need huge resources investment which small business in small country couldn’t sustain.

There were attempts to develop Israeli automobile industry.

First, there was plant assembling some American models in beginning of 1950s."

Autopedia, the free auto encyclopedia
Sabra
https://automobile.fandom.com/wiki/Sabra

leave all these stories for another day..
Re: Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) by Ilaumoh(m): 4:35am On Aug 24, 2020
Ijaya123:
I hope it sees the light of the day and not some politically motivated gimmick.
My brother in Nigeria dreams die but not in Akwa Ibom state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Fumes As His Jet's Technical Faults Aborts Visit To Maduguri / Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla / Pls What's The Name Of This Vehicle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.