Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ (2877 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Jonathan Visits IBB: Are Igbos Now Slaves To The Hausa Fulanis?? / Hausa-Fulanis Are Indigenes Of Jos– Passali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by jostincity: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2011
Hausa/Fulanis in Jos kick against ‘Operation Rainbow’
Friday, 18 February 2011 00:14 Andrew Agbese, & Mahmud Lalo, Jos
E-mail Print PDF
6Share
The Hausa/ Fulani community in Jos, has kicked against the new security outfit, Operation Rainbow, about to be set up by the Plateau State government to maintain security in the state.

The Hausa/Fulanis have asked the Federal Government not to allow the outfit to be set up.

Plateau State Governor Jonah Jang had last week secured the approval of the Federal Government to set up a security outfit to be code named, “Operation Rainbow” to help maintain security of lives and property in the state.

President of the Jasawa Community Development Association, Alhaji Ibrahim Shehu Massallah, told our correspondent that the Hausa/Fulani community was indeed planning an outfit of their own.

Massallah said the Hausa- Fulani community in Jos had thought that both the police and armed forces were enough, but that since the Plateau governor has applied and secured approval to set up a different outfit, they too would follow the same procedure to get approval for their own.

He said the Hausa Fulani community has no confidence in the governor’s ability to handle the matter with objectivity and fairness.

Similarly, the Jos Muslim youths through their President General, Bashr Shuaibu Jibrin, have said that the proposed Operation Rainbow was unconstitutional, and that it could be used by the governor to further oppress the people

The Assistant Secretary of the Ulama’u Council, Ahmed Garba, said it was going to court to find out whether the Plateau State government or any other state government has the powers to set up a parallel security outfit apart from the police and the armed forces of the country.

But the Plateau State Commissioner for Information Gregory Yenlong has said that the state government would not allow any section of the state to set up a security outfit as it is not a sectional thing.

“The governor is the governor of the entire state and not for one section so people should learn to integrate and not take actions or make comments that would further polarize the people in the state,” he stated.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by jostincity: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2011
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by djay4: 9:06am On Feb 18, 2011
No any other tribe is complaining even the Indigenous Muslims are not complain. If Hausa are not happy with the government policies, then let them go back to their various state of origin. I don't understand why some other element would always bring the progress of a state backward and even the country at large.

Many innocent Hausa are at disadvantage while Big baboons of same Hausa/Fulani are thinking of their selfish interest. I met some helpless Innocent Hausa guys and were complaining that business is not moving for them as usual because the Christians no longer patronize them again. They wish that peace should return fast.

History has proven that the Hausa/Fulani has no root in Jos soil. Let all the Hausa/Fulani accept the truth and respect their host communities just as the other tribes have being doing.Let the host communities equal respect them too the way they have been doing in the past and there will be a permanent peace in Plateau State.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by jamace(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2011
^^Thanks jare. Don;t mind those malus. angry
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by skydeexie(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
Is it not obvious who is afraid and would not want peace to reign in Jos and Plateau State in general. My comments
on an earlier thread, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-605831.0.html confirms this assertion. The Hausa and Fulani tribes in
Jos do not want peace in Plateau State. They are a law unto themselves and they will continue to repulse any move or initiative to
end the current madness they take pride in perpetuating.

All tribes in Nigeria live and earn their daily living in Jos - therefore going by the above illogical and confrontational stance,
the Urohbos, Ijaws, Itsekiris, Ndigbo, Yorubas, Efiks, Ibibios, Igbirras, Igalas, Beroms, Anagutas, Jarawas, Irigwes, Rukubas,
Atens, Gwaris, Jabas, Americans, Lebanese, Britons, Egyptians, Ethiopians, Tivs, Jukuns, etc, etc. All mentioned above should
have their own security outfits, since NO one outfit will be capable of protecting all. Ironically they accused the Governor of inaction in the past.
"You can't eat your CAKE and have it" If the Hausa and Fulani tribes want a separate country let them
say so in clear terms.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by ShangoThor(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2011
Delaying the inevitable is hampering progress and holding back development in this part of Africa, just as the British colonial vampires intended.

The Pro-Sharia Islamists of the North have accepted that the country is going to split and this is now all about ‘consolidating more territory around Abuja, which is the main prize that they want (see the map below).

Unfortunately, the Pro-Sharia Islamists are better military strategists than people give them credit for.  Whilst Government of the FR tries to appease them, they carry on their plan to annihilate all micro polities in their path. This is also why they will never accept any form of ‘cease fire’ agreement.

Citizens of Nigeria, Please, please, please, don’t sell out the people of Jos!!!

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".

You cannot have Jos too, and you will have to split Abuja![/size]

Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2011
Are you the new Becomerich? grin
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by ShangoThor(m): 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2011
ziddy:

Are you the new Becomerich? grin

Nope, I just don't like injustice, and I don't believe in taking a nap in the face of impending danger and doom! It's all about strategy and logic, period.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by EzeUche2(m): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
ShangoThor, I see you copied my red font.

Anyway, you should include Abuja, Nassarawa, Plateau, Adamawa and Taraba State with the North. The North will not allow these states to go with a Southern Federation.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by ShangoThor(m): 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

ShangoThor, I see you copied my red font.

Anyway, you should include Abuja, Nassarawa, Plateau, Adamawa and Taraba State with the North. The North will not allow these states to go with a Southern Federation.

It's about the content of my message and not the colour of my fonts.

In a U.N. sponsored referendum, these areas will be able to go which ever way they want.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by Beaf: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
Matters in Jos are one front in a war that is being waged between the old backward and conservative hegemonists and the new younger progressives.

The Fulani hegemonists do not agree because, Jos is the spearhead of a political agenda to to terrorise the North Central into submission and keep cabal "politics" of "one North" on the straight.
The North Central is not the only area targetted in this fashion; in the North East, the vehicle employed with the help of Arabic speaking foreigners against the mainly the kanuri (a sizeable minority at 2 million) for the same purpose is innocently called Boko Haram.

The only way the whole country will progress is with the liberation of the North from the iron grip of its elistist hegemonistic mafia. The FG's plan to educate the almajiri must not be allowed to falter, because the almajiri are a ready army of deliberately under-educated urchins; take that away and the mafia's mass action tool is gone. The other tool that must be taken care of are nomadic cattle rearers; their nomadic lifestyle must be banned, while they are kept on settlements to which they can be traced, domesticated and educated.
The hegemonists last tool of terror is the army. It must be made to be demographically representative of Nigeria's ethnic make up, we cannot afford the current situation where the army is top-heavy with the Hausa - Fulani; this becomes starkly apparent in conflicts like in Jos where the Fulani control a faction (the Hausa). In such situations, because of the lop-sided demographics of the officer cadre, the supposedly "federal" army takes on an outrightly partisan hue. The army needs to be totally rebuilt from the ground up.

Nigeria will only have a chance at developing and Jos will only have peace when the cabal has been broken.
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by solihu(m): 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2011
Eeeew! Me i commot cap for this Jos matter!
Re: Hausa/fulanis In Jos Kick Against ‘operation Rainbow’ by TewMuch: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2011
The troops that are sent to this area should be neither Jos or Hausa/ Fulani tribes. If they focus on sending troops that contain tribes neutral to the area, this should help stop a lot of the crimes. I also think the armed forces needs to be well integrated and have equal representation from all tribes. Because the one we are hearing Fulani herder's being armed to the teeth, even up to bullet proof vest is very suspicious.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration / General Babangida's (aka IBB) Never-ending Transition To Democracy 1990-1993 / Buhari's Loan Vs Gej's Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.