Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Want To Start Learning Jquery - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Start Learning Jquery (483 Views)

How To Create A Simple Responsive Navigation Bar Using Html, Css And Jquery / Free HTML5, CSS3 And Basic Javascript (jquery) Training / Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Learning Jquery by squash47(m): 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Guys, I'm tired of learning of vanilla JavaScript. I want to switch to jQuery.

Please advise me.

Note, I have known few fundamentals in J's like DOM manipulation, if else, Array, strings etc
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Ugaboy: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
U must be a beginner

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
squash47:
Guys, I'm tired of learning of vanilla JavaScript. I want to switch to jQuery.

Please advise me.

Note, I have known few fundamentals in J's like DOM manipulation, if else, Array, strings etc
JQuery in this Era? , developers and companies are moving away from JQuery, even bootstrap avoided JQuery in version 5. Better to learn other Javascript frameworks such React, Vue and Angular. Please don't waste your time on JQuery.
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
Seriously you don't need JQuery at this present age. There are a lot of Frameworks out there for you to learn.

How well do you know your traditional JS?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by ensodev(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2020
Well, jquery is an old library, but I will advice you learn it just to have an idea, there is a chance you will still come across it in your career as a developer, but don't waste your time on jquery,
a week of playing around it is enough.

Try to check the likes of Vue, React, Angular.

The truth is I still use jquery in small scale projects, it cool and lovely. Funny enough I don't see myself not using it even in few years.

You have the right to know as much as you want to. The purpose of learning new things is more important.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Bahat: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's best for you to stick to learning javascript before moving to them frameworks, it can be tricky at time but time pass as you continue to learn. When talking web javascript is around the corner. Jquery time has passed. There are books like eloquent javascript PDF to start with.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Karleb(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Don't do jquery. It's obsolete.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by elantraceey(f): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
Why jQuery?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by squash47(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ugaboy:
U must be a beginner
yes I am.
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by squash47(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
JQuery in this Era? , developers and companies are moving away from JQuery, even bootstrap avoided JQuery in version 5. Better to learn other Javascript frameworks such React, Vue and Angular. Please don't waste your time on JQuery.
is jQuery a frame work ?
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by squash47(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
donproject:
Seriously you don't need JQuery at this present age. There are a lot of Frameworks out there for you to learn.

How well do you know your traditional JS?
I know enough to manipulate Don DOM
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by squash47(m): 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
ensodev:
Well, jquery is an old library, but I will advice you learn it just to have an idea, there is a chance you will still come across it in your career as a developer, but don't waste your time on jquery,
a week of playing around it is enough.

Try to check the likes of Vue, React, Angular.

The truth is I still use jquery in small scale projects, it cool and lovely. Funny enough I don't see myself not using it even in few years.

You have the right to know as much as you want to. The purpose of learning new things is more important.

In summary you're saying ?
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by squash47(m): 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
elantraceey:
Why jQuery?
the one u know na
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
squash47:
I know enough to manipulate Don DOM

Good, I implore you to move to Frameworks. I think you should rescind your decision on JQuery, it is not worth given a shot really. There are AngularJS, ReactJS, Ionicjs, Node.js for client and server side scripting, newly emerging Deno which is ordained to replace Node.js and many more. These are what employers in IT world are looking for at this present age.
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bahat:
It's best for you to stick to learning javascript before moving to them frameworks, it can be tricky at time but time pass as you continue to learn. When talking web javascript is around the corner. Jquery time has passed. There are books like eloquent javascript PDF to start with.

That book ehn...I give it all, it helped me a lot when I started javascript.
Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by ucheuzor1(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2020
What I will advise you is to build practical projects in JavaScript before moving to framework. If you jump into framework early, most JavaScript logic will be encountered In framework. While you can play along with it, I feel it will be better to know what's happening under the hood before moving to framework

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Learning Jquery by Ugaboy: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
squash47:
yes I am.
i have something for u, check my signature

(1) (Reply)

How To Design Lending App / This's What Nairaland Looked Like On March 27th 2005 -the Internet Never Forgets / A Simple Twitter Clone With React JS, React Redux

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.