Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

My Experience With The 774000 Jobs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The 774000 Jobs (238 Views)

My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. / My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. / My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
@fkeyamo I see vividly how corruption works �
I called a member number from the special public works site (ondo committee 774,000 jobs), the man referred me to a king in the community to get the form from so that I can Register. I got to the oba's palaces yesterday,
I told the security personal I came for the special public works, he look me like a novice, he says he don't know anything about it, he direct me to the secretary, getting to the secretary I asked the same question, she also said she haven't heard about that before, so I take my time to talk her through.
She then told me to wait so that she can deliver my message to the king, to my surprise the king comes out, I pay respect as a Yoruba guy, he ask me who referred me, I told him the name (I don't want to mention names) he pick up his phone and call a number probably he didn't clearly hear the name I called, so he call another member of the committee (I could here the conversation, the phone speaker was loud and clear)
The discussion on phone
Oba: why do you send someone to me
man:I don't send anybody baba
Oba: a boy came here saying you sent him to me
Man: please give him the phone
(I collect the phone)
Man: why are you lying I sent you
Me: not a lie sir, I call a number from the special public works site.
Man: what's name
Me: Mr.*******(for security purposes I don't want mention name yet)
Man: give oba the phone,
I give back the phone to oba
Man: it's is honorable ***** that sent him
Oba: why is honorable doing like this (in Yoruba), sebi we agreed we are only employing 8 people out of the 1000, why did he send somebody else again
MesadI almost fainted after hearing that) Oba: help me tell your people not to refer anybody to the job again oo please
(Phone hang up).
He then told me to write my name and phone number.... So I left the place,
I have been thinking about it since yesterday, am even less concerned about me getting the job My main concern is even if you want to embezzle money, why must you go so far and deep? it will even be better to employ 500 people and you can embezzle the remaining 500 out of the 1000 beneficiaries..why will you plan to embezzle 992 out of 1000.that's too much, leaving only 8?
@fkeyamo fought a good fight by not allowing the project been hijacked.. but it will still end in vain because there will be so many ghost worker that will get paid during this program.
Imagine if what I experience is likely what is happening in major local government
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Zeion422(m): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
Wen u leave in a country like Nigeria u shld knw only one thing count PERSONAL INTREST.....not suprise though
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by SpecTTraP: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
Naija
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by psucc(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
When Akwa Ibom State set up a committee for the recruitment, I made a statement that the project has gone but somebody insulted me to a point he said I will "die of hate".

So far as I know, the project will still not reach the targeted members of the public.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Rapes, Impregnates Two Sisters In Lagos / Businesswoman Begs Court To Save Her From Husband, Children / Child Traffickers Arrested For Killing A New Mother And Selling Her Newborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.