Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. (48201 Views)

4 Notorious Armed Robbers In Igando Terrorising Residents In Lagos (Photo) / Vigilante Arrest Armed Bandits Terrorising Orlu In Imo State(photos) / 12 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorising East-West Road Arrested In Rivers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Enquires: 5:38am On Apr 14, 2020
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!

467 Likes 44 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by slex(m): 5:48am On Apr 14, 2020
@ enquires

Well put, we should be careful to who and what we listen to. Somw people came to this life to create anxiety and cause chaos because of their imagination.

Just be vigilant and have the mindset help is not coming . This situation reminds me of the movie 'purge' and soon the criminals will be purged.

We are tired of oppression

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by stubbornman(m): 5:59am On Apr 14, 2020
I couldn't sleep last night because these Useless hoodlums came to my street..... Nah everyday I go dey sharpen this machete wey I buy until the breeze fit cut person from afar..

Killing a few bastard this period cant be very bad after all... If you see how small some of these boys are ehnn angry if I catch one nah to troway am for the swamp wey dey my backyard angry

We can't continue to live in fear.... Brothers protect yourself, don't always sleep deep and strike any moving shadow across your window.

Above all may God protect us!!!

171 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Trueigbo: 6:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Fake news dey kill but it made u guys to be agile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by solepager(m): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2020
Don't spread with your mouth, what your eyes didn't see.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Lifestone(m): 6:16am On Apr 14, 2020
These are all indication of weak governance and policing system. A system that allows citizens to seek self help in the face lack of trust in the institution that was set up to protect them.
Ordinarily, at the onset of the rumor, the police in that neighborhood would have nip it in the bud and put situations under control.
We presently operate a policing system handed over to us by the colonial Masters almost 60years ago. We must reform this failed system

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by PlayerMeji: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2020
Every society deserves the security it gets.

Food for thought

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 14, 2020
Them no come your area because they knew you guys were prepared. We dey face them fire for fire since last night. I won't upload jack shit. Just ten minutes ago we started seeing flyers that they are coming again this afternoon. 12pm. Make them come. My cutlass is still thirsty. Be speaking English there. When they eventually catch you unawares na that time you go dey mention buhari upandan. Them Don leave us. Police wey come carry the bodies of the lost spanners even tell us well done. Who you come be. Be speaking English ooooo

206 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HermesParis: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2020
Truth be told, this era of social media, fake news are so rampant and they do creates devastating effects most esp this pandemic period. Everyone is just looking for anyone to vent their frustration/anger upon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Collinsade369(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2020
Let us be careful when we say a news is FAKE NEWS..!
Do you know how big igondo is

Because they didn't get to your street, that one no mean say them no reach other streets for igondo.

You all better get prepared...!
Don't wait for them to get to your street before you buy cutlass..!

Below is a screenshot of the chat I had with my friend staying at igondo this morning..!

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Hoodbilonia: 8:19am On Apr 14, 2020
Hahahahahaha
Sheybi na lag u wan stay
Her hahahahaha
Enjoy you lag.
Home to robbery,thugs,ritualists,name it.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by partnerinbiz3: 8:40am On Apr 14, 2020
So much hunger in the land.
Please call me if you have airtime for sale. 09096_3_00__2OO
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Makavelli25: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2020
Forget o bro
Robbers droped a letter that they are coming to my street yesterday
We were all outside waiting for them,burning tyres and chanting war song and all
But this guys came
They came through an alternate road and robbed 9 houses under our own nose
Am still in schock

*****modified*****
I know there are some of this bad guys on nl
Dont worry o,your day of reckoning is near

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2020
We no sleep last night o.. We even had a semi street meeting around 2am as boys just dey waka street anyhow. The resolve was since we no dey go anywhere during the day make we kukuma sleep at noon.. everybody should stay awake at night. Dem dey come In hundreds, people we dey outside reach 200 u
Yesterday .. we need more population to contain them.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Roon9(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Baba we saw the video na...
You no see them no mean say they didn't "roll".

By the way that stuff was common place in warri like 10yrs ago but once they started BBQing boys like Mannas vultures they all took dressing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by mbahdi(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2020
We only die once.I done go buy cultlass.u no fit carry cultlass come intimidate me.na only gun u go use flex for me now.if u fin me come with cultlass we die together

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by AmazingELixir: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2020
shocked
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by NaijadrivaCars: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Ah ah,
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by ursullalinda(f): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Na waoh......God pls keep us safe from both the fake and real story.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Ok
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by tempex88(m): 8:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Collinsade369:
Let us be careful when we say a news is FAKE NEWS..!
Do you know how big igondo is

Because they didn't get to your street, that one no mean say them no reach other streets for igondo.

You all better get prepared...!
Don't wait for them to get to your street before you buy cutlass..!

Below is a screenshot of the chat I had with my friend staying at igondo this morning..!

They came to igando. OP just want dey form

25 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 14, 2020
E
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Beremx(f): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2020
They threatened to come to my area. We kept vigil waiting for them with sharp cutlass and clubs

Awon werey!!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Jibsy203(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Hunger won finish afonja animals, de are all de street pick pocketing and stealing everyday just for only 14+days now, if u advise them to work and make savings, de will tell u dat d are born to be lazy and dat d are waiting for there parents to die so dat d will inherit his propertys

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Wickedfacts: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2020
If just 5 people in a street have guns, these hoodlums won't dare enter the street. A double barrel shotgun costs far less than the latest iPhone.

The government should allow responsible Nigerians own licensed guns.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by charmingfrank(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2020
Stay safe wherever you are take precautions

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by dannzy30(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2020
May God continue to protect us

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Olalekank(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2020
It's really bad folks
Let's stay safe

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Mistaicey2288: 8:47am On Apr 14, 2020
Oh well, I think Lagos is actually very hot at the moment with robbery attacks almost everywhere and people are just trying to stay alert. But at the same time, fear is actually very bad. People really need to stop creating fear and panic in people's minds with false news. I personally hate such thing with passion. I usually see how people especially illiterates gossip about false things even here in Osun state ever since this lockdown thin started... I usually shake my head for these people. I also saw Igando trending on Twitter yesterday all through the midnight.

I also believe most of those arrested in Lagos by the police are most likely innocent individuals. Proper investigation needs to be done

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by adebayo987: 8:47am On Apr 14, 2020
Whatever...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unachukwu Chiluba Paulinus Sentenced To Death In Vietnam For Drug Trafficking / Neighbour Of Woman Who Killed Her Husband, Children And Herself, Speaks. / Angry Mob Lynch Five Suspected Robbers In Cross River (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.