Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death (3977 Views)

Nigerian Girl Flaunts Her New Pet, A Lion Cub (pics/video) / Businessman Storms His Father's Burial With A Lion In Anambra State (Video) / Dean Schneider; The Man That Belongs To A Lion’s Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by maxevans: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Can a jaguar kill a lion?

Let's look at the Bite Force
Okay, well i see a lot of people have choose the lion as a favorite but, you also need to think about a jaguars abilities and not just jump to what animal is bigger or how much it weighs. A jaguars bite is stronger then a lions and a tigers. “Jaguars have the strongest bite of any cat on the planet. Jaguars have the strongest jaw muscles of all the big cats. having a Bite Force of 1,500 PSI. Hyenas, lions, and tigers generate around 1,000 psi.
Jaguars wins this round in terms of bite force.

Speed

The average top speed of the Jaguar is 80 kilometres per hour / 50 miles per hour, while the average top speed of the Lion is 81 kilometres per hour / 50 miles per hour. ..
A lion runs faster than a jaguar in this category. Lions can jump higher then jaguars though. They can jump up to 36 feet while a jaguar can only jump up to 20 feet.

Size
Jaguars are smaller compare to a lion and so the lion is clearly at an advantage here due to its massive size.

A Fully grown male lions weigh around 420 pounds. While a fully grown male jaguars weigh 250pounds.

Skills in battle

I have seen footages(videos) of single lions bringing down adult buffaloes, giraffes, hippos, weighing over half a ton. Lions live in a more hostile environment than jaquars and hunt far larger preys capable of fighting back and harming them (for example Cape buffaloes). Therefore, they have evolved to become the most ruthless killing machines in the Savanah.

Jaquars on the other hand are used to hunting Caimans with an average weight of just 40 kg. A single jaquar cannot bring down an adult buffalo…

A jaquar may stand a chance against a female lion due to its strong bite force but against an adult male lion, it will be dead In a few minutes if it doesn’t runaway midfight...comment below if you disagree

Both Lions and jaguars are skilled in battle, both animals can take down prey twice/thrice their size, a Jaguar can carry prey twice it’s size in it’s jaws and climb a tree with it…Now that’s pretty strong…

Habitat
Jaguars live in a range of habitats from thick tropical forests, to swamps
while Lions live in woodlands, and grassland habitat..and that is why a lion and jaguar fight almost never occur in the wild…
Both Lions and jaguars are apex predators in their own habitat…but, hypothetical, if a Lion and a jaguars come together, who would most likely win a fight?
I hope you enjoyed my analysis, please feel free to comment, or share…Thanks for reading

Feel free to visit link and watch videos below

https://thewildanddomestic.com/look-at-what-happened-when-a-jaguar-and-a-lion-fights-to-the-death/

1 Like

Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by GODSENT252: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
What a good read. Thanks op. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS A OLD OR BAD ANDROID PHONE HE IS NOT U7ING AGAIN SHOULD PLEASE GV ME. i am in dire need of it. I am in ogun state
Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by Papillae(f): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
maxevans:
Can a jaguar kill a lion?

Let's look at the Bite Force
Okay, well i see a lot of people have choose the lion as a favorite but, you also need to think about a jaguars abilities and not just jump to what animal is bigger or how much it weighs. A jaguars bite is stronger then a lions and a tigers. “Jaguars have the strongest bite of any cat on the planet. Jaguars have the strongest jaw muscles of all the big cats. having a Bite Force of 1,500 PSI. Hyenas, lions, and tigers generate around 1,000 psi.
Jaguars wins this round in terms of bite force.

Speed

The average top speed of the Jaguar is 80 kilometres per hour / 50 miles per hour, while the average top speed of the Lion is 81 kilometres per hour / 50 miles per hour. ..
A lion runs faster than a jaguar in this category. Lions can jump higher then jaguars though. They can jump up to 36 feet while a jaguar can only jump up to 20 feet.

Size
Jaguars are smaller compare to a lion and so the lion is clearly at an advantage here due to its massive size.

A Fully grown male lions weigh around 420 pounds. While a fully grown male jaguars weigh 250pounds.

Skills in battle

I have seen footages(videos) of single lions bringing down adult buffaloes, giraffes, hippos, weighing over half a ton. Lions live in a more hostile environment than jaquars and hunt far larger preys capable of fighting back and harming them (for example Cape buffaloes). Therefore, they have evolved to become the most ruthless killing machines in the Savanah.

Jaquars on the other hand are used to hunting Caimans with an average weight of just 40 kg. A single jaquar cannot bring down an adult buffalo…

A jaquar may stand a chance against a female lion due to its strong bite force but against an adult male lion, it will be dead In a few minutes if it doesn’t runaway midfight...comment below if you disagree

Both Lions and jaguars are skilled in battle, both animals can take down prey twice/thrice their size, a Jaguar can carry prey twice it’s size in it’s jaws and climb a tree with it…Now that’s pretty strong…

Habitat
Jaguars live in a range of habitats from thick tropical forests, to swamps
while Lions live in woodlands, and grassland habitat..and that is why a lion and jaguar fight almost never occur in the wild…
Both Lions and jaguars are apex predators in their own habitat…but, hypothetical, if a Lion and a jaguars come together, who would most likely win a fight?
I hope you enjoyed my analysis, please feel free to comment, or share…Thanks for reading

Feel free to visit link and watch videos below

https://thewildanddomestic.com/look-at-what-happened-when-a-jaguar-and-a-lion-fights-to-the-death/

Such a beautiful analysis... Nice one, I love this
Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by Papillae(f): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Papillae:

Such a beautiful analysis... Nice one, I love this
The fact that a Jaguar has the strongest bite force is insignificant to what the outcome would be...Will a Jaguar kill a tiger because of so called bite force... that's impossible... A lion or a Tiger will ultimately kill a Jaguar... I've watched YouTube videos of lions killing cheetah's, leopards and hyaenas... Lions are ruthless and very very strong...A jaguar doesn't stand a chance...I'll bet my money on the lion to win this fight also...Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by Vyzz: 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
Yes a lion will definitely win...

But
It isn't just any of those easy fights for the lion...

And the ability for the jaguar to hurt the lion Real bad depends on the environment the fight took place... Don't underestimate jaguars... The might be the next toughest beast after tigers and lions...

Jaguars have been known to bring down anacondas so the have their own heavy battles too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by Oblongata: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Interesting read

But not exciting, I mean Lion Vs Jaguar? Who does that? angry

Should have been Lion Vs Tiger

Or Lion Vs Grizzly bear...

Bet you try sha, only that we knew the end from beginning

1 Like

Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by maxevans: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Oblongata:
Interesting read

But not exciting, I mean Lion Vs Jaguar? Who does that? angry

Should have been Lion Vs Tiger

Or Lion Vs Grizzly bear...

Bet you try sha, only that we knew the end from beginning

Smiles, it's a very big deal on quora...you can Google it and find interesting comments regarding it on quora..thanks
Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by Oblongata: 3:47am On Aug 24, 2020
maxevans:

Smiles, it's a very big deal on quora...you can Google it and find interesting comments regarding it on quora..thanks

Quora is just a forum, doesn’t mean any topic there makes sense...

Many stupid arguments there!
Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by maxevans: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
Oblongata:

Quora is just a forum, doesn’t mean any topic there makes sense...

Many stupid arguments there!

Your opinion though...what you find stupid, others find interesting
Re: Look At What Happened When A Jaguar And A Lion Fights To The Death by PAQ(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
If a Jaguar was thesame size as a Lion, then yes, but its size doesnt stand a chance.. . Even against a female Lion, but its gonna be one hell of a fight.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Irish Marking" Boerboels / 3 Months Cane Corso Up For Sale / Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.