Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do (527 Views)

This Is The Type Of Woman Every Man Should Marry / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life / 4 Things You Should Learn To Avoid About Women, If You Want To Live Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by chris5252: 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
In life and in the society we are, there are things every young man should learn how to do, but sometimes, we see some young men who do not have a clue on how to go about these things for diverse reasons. But one thing we fail to understand is that knowing how to do these things will in one way or another be of great benefit to us now or later. Listed below are the 7 things I personally think every man should learn how to do to help himself and the people around him.

1. DRIVE A CAR:
That you do not have a car of your own is not an excuse why you don’t know how to drive a car. Every young man above 18 years old should learn to drive a car because you don’t when it will be of help to you and people around you, I have seen young men who got new jobs and lost it just because they don’t know how to drive, and it does not just end at knowing how to drive, move a step futher to get for your self a driverv licence so that you will not be a village champion in driving.

2. SHAVE YOURSELF
Using myself as an example, I know most young men of adult age shave their beard at least twice a week, though some men shave up to three times in a week while some even shave every day, sometimes I may feel like shaving my beard but I might be too busy to go to the saloon and that will make me look rough, though there are men that can keep beard for a long time without any problem but for me I can’t stay more than three days without shaving , learning to shave myself has helped me to save a lot money. And I know it will be of help to some other guys out there.
Imagine spending N100 every three days to shave in the saloon in the last 5 years that I have been shaving myself at home with my clipper; I discovered that I saved about N72000

3. MAKE BREAKFAST
In the society where we are from, cooking is seen as the duty of the girl child, for the reason some guys don’t see any reason why they should learn how to cook. Especially in a family where the man is the only male child among several other female children. From experience, I discovered that when you know how to cook as a man, nobody can do yanga for you (let me use that word) not even your wife. What we are saying in essence is that as a man if you don’t know how to cook, a least you should know how to make breakfast, it will help you in the long run.

4. PLAY FOOTBALL
It’s no longer the way it should to be when football was mainly reserved for men, but today we see ladies playing and analyzing football, even when football is seen as men affairs it baffles me that some young men do not seen to know anything about it. You may not need to know how to play football professionally but its essential that every young men should have the basic knowledge of football. Imagine your department in your place of work or whatever group you belong to in any organization want to play football with another department or group and you don’t know how to play at all.

5. INDEPENDENT
Every young man who is an adult should learn to be independent in decision making, not everything you want to do, you go to your parents or siblings, except you are in a very tight corner, instead of going to them to decide your plan for you, why don’t you go to the to let them know what you have decided or plan to do and let them advice you. Even some married men cannot take a decision without their parents; I have seen where this action destroyed a lot of home.
Let every young men learn to be independent early enough by so doing you are preparing yourself for the future.

6. DO THE HARDER JOBS IN THE HOUSE
As a young man in the house with broad chest and strong muscle with mustache every where your responsibility is not only to answer bros bros especially when your siblings are ladies, you should learn to do the hard jobs in the house to help without complains though not every time. Helping with jobs like putting on the Generator, transferring of heavy loads from one place to another within the house, changing of tyres in the car, washing of overhead tank , tearing of firewood etc doing these gives you that sense of responsibility and respect, you are created to be strong.

7. FIX UP LITTLE THINGS IN THE HOUSE
Personally, I see it as unnecessary to be calling technicians to fix up things for me every now and then with all the little thing that are faulty in the house, except i tried but i couldn't, though some may not see it anything but I grow up fixing up little things in the house to an extent. Even till now, I will only call a plumber if I tried and cannot fix up a licking pipe in my house, even when my generator woudn't start, i can wash the plug and try starting it, sometime it will start and i wount have the need to call the mechanic. These and many other little things you can do as a young man in the house to help people around you apart from electricity if you dont what to do.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by Prayfortheworld: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
You try

1 Like

Re: 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by jidamsel43(m): 5:27am On Aug 24, 2020
This is actually true for a very idle person. Do unemployed men have any other choice ?
Re: 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2020
No 4 is hogwash.

No 4: He must know how to FORK a woman both in bed and out of bed. Very important.
Re: 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by ImaIma1(f): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
jidamsel43:
This is actually true for a very idle person. Do unemployed men have any other choice ?

Idle person? To learn to drive, fix things, help with heavy lifting? I don't think so
Re: 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by mariahAngel(f): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ninejaywon:
No 4 is hogwash.

No 4: He must know how to FORK a woman both in bed and out of bed. Very important.

A man should know how to do at least one sport.
Not fork fork fork all the damn time.
Re: 7 Important Things Every Young Man Should Learn How To Do by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

A man should know how to do at least one sport. Not fork fork fork all the damn time.

Even you will not be happy if your partner can't fork you well.

(1) (Reply)

A Message From A Bride To All Single Ladies / Family Planning; Babies ‘born Holding Mum’s Contraceptive IUD / Brave 9-year-old Girl Helps Her Mum Deliver A Baby As She Goes Into Early Labor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.