Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? (1183 Views)

Sculptures Depicting The Sad Experience Of Slavery / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / Do You Believe That The Ancient Egyptians Descended From The Horn Of Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by BuchiPrinzy: 5:36am On Aug 24, 2020
Why Are Most Sculptures In Egypt With Broken Or Missing Noses?

Many misconceptions that come after the question, “Why are most Egyptians sculptures with missing or broken noses?” pop up often lead to disagreement.
In ancient Egypt, statues are held of great honor, either god, goddess, a wealthy, or a legendary figure. Statues are believed to be a close contact or medium of contact with the figure used on the statue. Egypt is blessed with great artistic prowess in making carvings.

Seeing most of these carvings now with broken noses has brought up questions about wear and tear, religious reasons, or a hidden conspiracy.

Many believe erosion will be the reason for the missing noses. Archeologists point out that harsh winds, rainfalls, and dunes that have met these sculptures can damage delicate parts of these artworks... continue reading �https:///2YIV5ZJ

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by Peace666: 5:42am On Aug 24, 2020
Lets go and look for Pharaoh.

He must have an explanation for that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by LawLab247: 5:44am On Aug 24, 2020
Dunno
Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by Shedrack777: 6:00am On Aug 24, 2020
because i'm the one that normally eats them out

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by illicit(m): 6:32am On Aug 24, 2020
They like pokenosing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by shaneroberts26: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Because they were /are blacks. They don't want you to see their flat nose.
All thanks but no thanks to the white supremacists.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by darichlife: 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
They were destroyed by Alexander the great because he couldn't fathom how such piece came about abd so want it to lose face value.
Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by ePoster: 1:34am On Nov 09, 2020
BuchiPrinzy:

Many misconceptions that come after the question, “Why are most Egyptians sculptures with missing or broken noses?” pop up often lead to disagreement.
In ancient Egypt, statues are held of great honor, either god, goddess, a wealthy, or a legendary figure. Statues are believed to be a close contact or medium of contact with the figure used on the statue. Egypt is blessed with great artistic prowess in making carvings.

Seeing most of these carvings now with broken noses has brought up questions about wear and tear, religious reasons, or a hidden conspiracy.

Many believe erosion will be the reason for the missing noses. Archeologists point out that harsh winds, rainfalls, and dunes that have met these sculptures can damage delicate parts of these artworks... continue reading �https:///2YIV5ZJ
maybe because the piece would be fragile. the nose hangs out the face..would be easily destroyed.
Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by ePoster: 1:36am On Nov 09, 2020
shaneroberts26:
Because they were /are blacks. They don't want you to see their flat noses.
I keep telling myself not to expect Nairalanders to type with sense.
Prove that reasonable side to me wrong!!

Humour or not, not all blacks have flat noses!
Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by ePoster: 1:37am On Nov 09, 2020
Shedrack777:
because i'm the one that normally eats them out
This comment made me cry!
Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by shaneroberts26: 6:05am On Nov 09, 2020
ePoster:

I stopped teaching and exchanging words with ignorant black idiots 4 years ago.
My only reply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by Rosskivvy: 1:20am On Nov 10, 2020
ePoster:

Most do.
Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by Rosskivvy: 1:22am On Nov 10, 2020
BuchiPrinzy:

They were knocked off because the racist western system which now portrays Egypt as a white or yellow civilization, wishes to keep hiding the truth from the world, about the black man's great ancient history and majesty.

In 1782 a French philosopher and historian named Count Constantine de Volney, visited Egypt and said this:

“All the Egyptians,” wrote de Volney, “have a bloated face, puffed-up eyes, flat nose, thick lips — in a word, the true face of the mulatto. I was tempted to attribute it to the climate, but when I visited the Sphinx, its appearance gave me the key to the riddle. On seeing that head, typically Negro in all its features....”

In 2012, the Laboratory called DNA Tribes, released the DNA results of Pharaoh Amenhotep III and Pharaoh Tutankhamen. They lived around 1300 and 1400 B.C. The results showed that they had the same DNA as people from Great Lakes and the Southern Africa( Near Uganda.)

This is DNA evidence showing that the Ancient Egyptians were black African people.

The pictures on the tombs and statues show that the Ancient Egyptians looked like Black Africans

See the thread ''Tomb Art From Egypt - A Black African Civilization''

https://www.nairaland.com/326177/tomb-art-ancient-egypt-black

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Egyptians Sculptures With Missing Or Broken Noses? by RedboneSmith(m): 5:53am On Nov 11, 2020
shaneroberts26:
Because they were /are blacks. They don't want you to see their flat nose.

Lol. All you hoteps are funny. Look at the sculptures in the photo. From the bridge of their noses and the stumps, you can still get a very good idea of what the noses looked like. If the noses were intentionally cut off to hide the 'fact' that they were flat, the cutters didn't do a good job.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Every Race Is Beautiful / Growing Up As A Pickin: / The 7 Wonders Of Nigeria – ‘the Nigerian Woman’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.