Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita (37523 Views)

West Africa Leaders Say Mali Junta Must Name A President By September 15 / Mali Junta Frees President Keita a Week After His Arrest / Omar Al-Bashir Arrested, Coup Plotters Announce Two-year Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by mamaafrik(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2020
I can tell you Nigerians would not mind coup now if things persists
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Excuses: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2020
The news said protesters were happy for ouster of the Keita..which means he was the problem. With him gone the people are happy and okay.

The west should sit down and settle the problem and protest rocking the Minsk in Belarus.. where protesters are calling for the resignation of a 26 year rule from Lukashenko (President) who insulted his citizens that, "they are dispersing away like rats". What did they do about that..?

Let the military rule Mali..after all we're all animals in black & white skin forming superiority and oppressing others.. Simple.!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
This is not alright

Military rule is archaic, out of date

Ghadafi gave Libyans the best of life.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by mrsteel: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2020
deepwater:
Beautiful !!!!

For those kids quoting me, let it be know today that all the mega projects and infrastructure Nigeria have was executed in the military regimes.

Your civilisation and democracy did nothing in Nigeria apart from empowering their friends and family.

U are d kid here!
It means u know little about Nigeria history
From 1960 to 1999 did military even allowed civilian to rule? How do u expect democracy to perform magic? If only a civilian had ruled, it would have still be far better!

4 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by stasius: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2020
femmyapson:
this space is booked for righteousness89

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Nobody should joke with dude's space oo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Excuses: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr This is not alright
Military rule is archaic, out of date
What if it works for them!
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by LORDKing001: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2020
Offpoint:
If you're a professional photographer, kindly quote me with your whatsapp number. I have a business proposal for you.

+2348187541277
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by GENUINEFILMS: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2020
Offpoint:
If you're a professional photographer, kindly quote me with your whatsapp number. I have a business proposal for you.

08.....08......nine nine, five four 902
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Bestbeelieve: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:
If military rule will make things work for them, I am totally in support of it. If democratic rule will not work, I'd kick against it. It's high time we stopped copying the Western world and do something that will work well for us by charting a new course in our continent and country's own growth part. Democracy isn't working for most W. African countries truth be told.

Democracy is not working in Africa because its not based on the principle of 'we the people' ..The people never decided. They had constitutions dumped on them eg Ngr the 1999 military constitution so most of the foundations in Africa are not sound and can never lead to real progress and development! we can continue the way we are 100 years hence nothing will change na chop i chop till nothing remain.

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by mrsteel: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2020
etibaba:
This should be frowned at, if the coup is allowed to stand other African countries will be encouraged to follow same route.
True!
I just hope other Africa nations don't allow this. We have gone past the era of coup.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by ideabuilder: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2020
kikero:

So that you will suffer well well that you would long for Buhari and GEJ again.

We tried military rule in the past. Did not work.

We also tried civilian rule, not working

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2020
If the military were in power here in Nigeria, bokoharam would be a thing of the past
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2020
ideabuilder:

Military rule is much worse.

If you think you are not free now, I guarantee you a military ruler will make you long for this civilian dispensation again.

All this crying you are doing, it was done in 1966 and 1983.People begged the army to come and save is from corrupt and opressive politicians. People said that democratic rule was not working.

And each time the army took over, it did not end well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by etibaba(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2020
codemaniacs:

that's the point.. then there will be another set of civil wars across Africa and no development in education, health, infrastructure e.t.c.
Fact.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by damilare442: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2020
Offpoint:

I'm here
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2020
Bestbeelieve:

Democracy is not working in Africa because its not based on the principle of 'we the people' ..The people never decided. They had constitutions dumped on them eg Ngr the 1999 military constitution so most of the foundations in Africa are not sound and can never lead to real progress and development! we can continue the way we are 100 years hence nothing will change na chop i chop till nothing remain.

No, it is because people don't take their responsibilities under a democratic rule serious.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by etibaba(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2020
mrsteel:

True!
I just hope other Africa nations don't allow this. We have gone past the era of coup.
When i see people wishing for same here in Nigeria i just shake my head.

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by SenecaTheYonger: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2020
The rein of democracy is coming to an end in Africa and also the US, while the look towards communism. I bet both Russia and China are involved in this Mali stuff. They're looking to shift Africa's philosophical, social, political, economic ideology
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by promotervickky(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2020
fergie001:

Source

I honestly do not blame them, must leaders be Corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by pyyxxaro: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
He's hanging out with born again Boko Haram guys and teaching them the new ways of the master.

grin
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by mrsteel: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2020
joycegurl:
if I could remember properly Datz how Gowon promised to return d government to civilian after some years but he didn't fulfill his promise,well I hope Mali keep to their words
This is someone that have good knowledge of Nigeria history! You studied history in school?

Military never keep to their words, that 3 years means indefinite, till another coup will take over & that is how it is going to continue for a long time. I just hope other Africa nations put an end to this now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by agyo(m): 10:02am On Aug 24, 2020
These Naira Marley People self.....

Causing confusion every where. undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by einsteine(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2020
The reason Democratic rule is better lies in the fairness and representation. Also, a proper democracy would provide an enduring system.

Military rule has never worked in Africa. Soldiers are not trained to rule. They also damage the psyche of the citizenry.

Even in South Korea (where it worked a bit), it required a visionary General who was nothing like the average military officer.

These coups are part of the reasons Africa would always be underdeveloped. Using violence and force to solve every problem is a sign of primitiveness. If Nigeria had continued with democracy under Shagari, things would be better today.

The military stifles economic progress. Lots of people don't know that Nigeria could have gotten widespread mobile communications as early as 1993 when Vodafone bid for a license but the Military refused. Internet was also not allowed into Nigeria early enough.

Most importantly, the military government can't be changed which is always possible with a proper democracy with regular elections.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Bewiseedet(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2020
I expect a counter coup in Mali soon

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by azpekuliar: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Makes sense to me.
Democratic rule have been soft on terrorists. That is why the GEJ Administration of then proffer the carrot and stick gentle approach to Boko Haram and BokoHaram used that advantage to acquire swathes of territories in the North before we decide to use our number 6.

Was it not the softness of democratic rule that brought about Boko Haram, ISWAP, Alquaeda, Tuareg rebels into Mali. I feel for the soldiers and the people. They feel that their country will not be under occupation of terrorists had it being that the military was the Head of State.
Libya came under terrorist siege when democratic rule began. Prior to that the same UN were the ones that wanted Gadaffi to dialogue with terrorists but he instead said no and scourged them with scorpion's cruelty and brutality. Gaddafi's reaction towards the terrorists who are the citizens of Libya was what led to his overthrow by NATO, UN and US forces.

Garbage bro cheesy
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by SenecaTheYonger: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2020
Ever here of the saying, "you don't know what you have until you lose it?"
ideabuilder:

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by codemaniacs: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by LordGbAsGbOs: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2020
mrsteel:

True!
What should they now do now that democracy is not working undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by einsteine(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2020
ideabuilder:

How old are you?

As bad as the Buhari administration is, it is better than any military regime Nigeria has ever had.

A government that cannot be changed is what you guys are pinning for

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by jrusky(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2020
GODSENT252:
Wow. Three years? This wont end well for mali o

Was democracy ended well in Mali?

Is democracy ending well in Nigeria?

I support the junta or whatever they nicknamed them in as far those bastards, islamic demonic bitch killers will be flush out and silent for a very vrry long time.

Security of the nation first before any nonsense furtile democracy or demostration of crazy trash.

I'm not against democracy but I'm against democracy in the hand of clueless failure leader.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Coolgent(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2020
Oga 3 years are not enough, why not 10 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Idriss Deby, Chad’s President, Unhappy With Nigeria’s Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.