Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita (37525 Views)

West Africa Leaders Say Mali Junta Must Name A President By September 15 / Mali Junta Frees President Keita a Week After His Arrest / Omar Al-Bashir Arrested, Coup Plotters Announce Two-year Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Babastrong(m): 10:29am On Aug 24, 2020
it kuku better like that. After all na we dey enjoy abacha looting now. Las las mali go enjoy one day.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Gmajor(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:
If military rule will make things work for them, I am totally in support of it. If democratic rule will not work, I'd kick against it. It's high time we stopped copying the Western world and do something that will work well for us by charting a new course in our continent and country's own growth part. Democracy isn't working for most W. African countries truth be told.

Mtchew.
When has military rule ever worked out?
These people just want to rape the country for 3 years and the worst part is that they can't be trusted.
In three years time now, de no go wan comot.

3 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Bluffly: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:
If military rule will make things work for them, I am totally in support of it. If democratic rule will not work, I'd kick against it. It's high time we stopped copying the Western world and do something that will work well for us by charting a new course in our continent and country's own growth part. Democracy isn't working for most W. African countries truth be told.
Military rule or Democratic or Communism has nothing to do with westernization. The western world has military formations far before the Africans and the military ruled. It's about best practices. There must be resolutions into what makes us more humans

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by SenecaTheYonger: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2020
UdechiHD:
You know nothing. If you're looking for the sponsors of instability in Africa, check France. Those guys can never survive without stealing from Africa.
China will never support military rule in Africa, why? They’ve invested economically, financially and infrastructural to the growth of peace and prosperity in Africa. Watch as the Chinese will help the Ecowas force push those clowns out of there. I see Nigeria leading the onslaught there. Mark this comment.

China doesn't care about Africa. They only want her resources like France, US and everyone else. Stop deluding yourself. The two red countries missed out on the industrial revolution when the West were tearing Africa apart for its resource to develop their country. It's time for both China and Russia to take from us. And we will let it happen. China is already acquiring Africa through loans as we speak. And if you think China can't control a country which it sponsored into military rule, then you obviously know nothing about how influential they are.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by joefelin2345: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2020
etibaba:
This should be frowned at, if the coup is allowed to stand other African countries will be encouraged to follow same route.
And what is wrong about that?
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Kaydans(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2020
Offpoint:
If you're a professional photographer, kindly quote me with your whatsapp number. I have a business proposal for you.

Indicate your location please.

My brother is 08098980658
Abuja area.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by mrsteel: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2020
Excuses:

Guy calm down!what has civilian rule done if not harm!

Obasanjo brought-Efcc,Cct,Dstv,mobile tele-communication.common good water & electricity me nd u no get
YAr'Adua -Nddc, 7 point agenda
Good Luck -13 point agenda, 6 federal universities,boko-haram,chibog girls e.t.c
Buhari-Fake and empty promises,N-power,Corruption,Bandits,Kidnapping,insecurity..everything worst..

The great ABU,UI,UNN- were all build during the military era
The entire road net-work connecting the country from state to state were constructed during military era
Naira was strong against the dollar
There was no boko-haram & bandits.
Most major institutions agencies,parastatals were build into place..
Operation feed the nation,Green revolution etc

Mention to me the biggest strides civilian rule has brought us!
1960 to 1999, did military allow civilian to rule?these were the foundation years of Nigeria. Who were u expecting to build these structures??
Same civilians military never allowed to rule?
Do u have an idea of d level of corruption & looting that happened under only IBB & Abacha?

2 Likes

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by kingreign(m): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2020
grandlexuz:

[s]Kids all over the place. Talk to the elders before spewing your ignorance. Ask those who have experienced the "glory" of a millitary regime. It has never worked anywhere[/s].
I suggest you grow up and learn think before you spew your silly rubbish spiteful insult on people.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Toscarel: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2020
GODSENT252:
Wow. Three years? This wont end well for mali o.PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A OLD OR BAD ANDROID YOU ARE NOT USING AGAIN PLEASE GIVE ME. GOD BLESS THE GIVER

I have two that need fixing but depends on where u are.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by 2shure: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2020
Abacha na good example. All na wash. Africa is cursed

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by hybridblood07(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2020
What has democracy done for them?
Pollosa1:
angry 3 year military rule? You think the World is stupid. That's how maradona dribbled Nigerians. No one should ever trust khaki boys, they're dubious
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by GODSENT252: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
Toscarel:

I have two that need fixing but depends on where u are.
oh my lord. I am ogun sir. I can afford waybillin sir. Pls help sir. Can i pm you
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Micmuzac: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
three years? they must think the world is stupid, by then there'll be nothing left to finance the nation, even malians blood will be already sold out except for their breathe if they don't go within a year, UN and Ecowas should run them over

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Pilotjames(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by franknelson: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
The junta may bring positive changes. French revolution, American revolution came this way. cool
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by hybridblood07(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
Go and hand it over to the civilian government na
Focusmind:
They will be worse off.
Military regimes comes in the name of salvation army and would later turn to monsters. Agreed that the Civilian president of Abubakar Keita has not done well, but he has attracted international support in his fight against the Al-Qaida in the Maghreb. EU and NATO has some troops stationed there.

Economically, Mali has not fared well same with her other West African States. If not checked, those military boys will be worse.

They should hand over back power to the civilian regime!
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

China doesn't care about Africa. They only want her resources like France, US and everyone else. Stop deluding yourself. The two red countries missed out on the industrial revolution when the West were tearing Africa apart for its resource to develop their country. It's time for both China and Russia to take from us. And we will let it happen. China is already acquiring Africa through loans as we speak. And if you think China can't control a country which it sponsored into military rule, then you obviously know nothing about how influential they are.
China gives loans and in return spend money on railways, seaports and infrastructures to improve markets for China goods. They come here, live here and hustle here just like you and I? But the French on the other hand invest nothing in your continent. The colonial mindset of luxury and bamboo work, monkey chop will never leave the French. The French have helped underdeveloped Africa with coups, civil wars and labs for advanced diseases.

The Chinese do none of that. Africa has prospered since when the Chinese focused its eyes on Africa. Can you ever compared Chinese loans with the French IMF? The Chinese gives you loans with no interest. They actually expect you to use the loans to develop the projects mapped out for, but if you squander the loans, don’t expect them to fold their hands.
Never compare the Chinese with evil France.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Pilotjames(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
Offpoint:
If you're a professional photographer, kindly quote me with your whatsapp number. I have a business proposal for you.

Indicate your location please.

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by bigfish3k: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
SegFault:
If they free him it is the beginning of their downfall, meanwhile civilian rule = military rule.
You are definitely right
His capture is their strongest point
Ecowas elders want to play a fast one on them knowing that they are young and inexperienced
Once they free him they will start threatening them militarily and they will likely succumb because they are surrounded and also a landlocked country.

They should wise up and don't let go of their joker
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Originalsly: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
Focusmind:

EU and NATO has some troops stationed there.

...... and yet the insurgency is growing?...maybe they need to be kicked out.from Mali... they're attracting insurgents. Was terrorism a threat in Iraq before Sadam was removed?... was terrorism a treat in Libya before Gadaffi was removed?...didn't it begin and rise when the all powerful and sophisticated US and UN forces stepped in? In Equador... South America... where the US military was carrying out the war on drugs for years.... the new government kicked them out.. what happened?... they found the biggest cocaine lab in the jungle. How did the Americans miss that? Maybe this military need to kick out EU and UN forces for peace to return to the land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by frog12: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
how come EGYPT el-sisi no give CONDITIONS when dey REMOVE and KILL morsi?

fergie001:

Source
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Farki: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2020
Of course they won't give up power, 3 years can easily become 30 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by madridsta007(m): 10:49am On Aug 24, 2020
fergie001:

Source

I guess that means that if Fulani herdsmen terrorists and Boko Haram terrorists like, let them mount flags and kidnap and bomb, no one is removing the service chiefs.
At least not Buhari.

Meanwhile a “three year transitional government”? I laugh. Transition governments take less than 12 months for it to be considered serious. And elections must be held in those 12 months period. Babaginda's last "transitional government" lasted for 8 years. After promising 6 months lol.

These Mali guys are criminals with uniforms. They want to come and chop.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by EmmyNorse(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2020
NORSIYK:
We need it in Nigeria
how I wish buratai was rugged enough
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Kingbuhari(m): 10:51am On Aug 24, 2020
Hahahahahaha this one won seize power for himself, that 3yrs multiply it by 20 , that's exactly years he's going to stay there, Africans are power drunk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Toscarel: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2020
GODSENT252:
oh my lord. I am ogun sir. I can afford waybillin sir. Pls help sir. Can i pm you

Don't know if they are worth waybilling, one of them screen is bad, the other gets too hot when I charge it. If you are OK with that I don't mind

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by madridsta007(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2020
EmmyNorse:
how I wish buratai was rugged enough

Buhari = Buratai.

There would be no coup in Nigeria. Nigerians must learn the painful lesson of voting in KNOWN incompetent and bigoted individuals like they did in 2015.
A painful lesson means they may learn it for once.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by GODSENT252: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2020
Toscarel:

Don't know if they are worth waybilling, one of them screen is bad, the other gets too hot when I charge it. If you are OK with that I don't mind
sir,i am okay with it sir. I am in desperate need of a phone sir. I am in ogun sir,i will hustle for waybill sir
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by chelseaboi(m): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by bhouze(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2020
The coup followed months of protests calling for Keita to resign as public discontent with the government grew over the country's brutal Islamist insurgency and collapsing economy.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by RPG2020(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2020
GODSENT252:
Wow. Three years? This wont end well for mali o.PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A OLD OR BAD ANDROID YOU ARE NOT USING AGAIN PLEASE GIVE ME. GOD BLESS THE GIVER

Beggar with choice Android you said? Wait i get iPhone 12 wey don spoil you need am?

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by GODSENT252: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2020
RPG2020:

Beggar with choice Android you said? Wait i get iPhone 12 wey don spoil you need am?
thank you sir. At least i am not stealing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Cameron Standing In A Public Train (Pictures) - Humility? / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Idriss Deby, Chad’s President, Unhappy With Nigeria’s Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.