Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,352 members, 7,954,413 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

7 Lessons I Learnt During This Covid-19 Period - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Lessons I Learnt During This Covid-19 Period (177 Views)

Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate / Who Is The worst Governor In Managing This Covid-19 Period / What Has PDP Donated To Nigerians As A Party In This COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Lessons I Learnt During This Covid-19 Period by Mikkyhandy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Dear fellow Nairalander, if there’s anything I’ve learnt in life it is, “To everything that has ever happened or that will still happen, there’s always lessons to learn”. Now that this pandemic is coming to an end {well you’re free to think otherwise}, I present to you 7 lessons among many others that I learnt during this period.
1. Fear Of Death Is Strong:
If there’s anything I can use to replace the word strong, I will use it. Never seen Nigerians been this fearful in my life, the panic was so strong during the early days of Covid-19 to the extent that you dare not sneeze, you know the look on everybody’s eyes. If you’re lucky some may joke about it but if not, it’s every man to his tent…
2. To Every Bad That may happen, Someone Somewhere Will Benefit From It:
Though, this period takes its toll on many households as well as many businesses, yet some are raking millions on this pandemic. The pharmaceutical companies, medical related companies and telecommunication companies among many others will not forget this period so soon with what they make. Besides who knows face mask will become a trend and a savior at this time?
3. Nigerians Are The Enemies Of Themselves:
I remember few days to the lockdown, many business people increased their wares all because of what? How I wish we can be considerate with one another.
4. This Period Presents An Opportunity That I Never Thought Will Ever Happen:
One of the opportunity it presented is time to be with family members that I never thought one could have.
5. Religious View:
Though I’m a born and bred Christian but I’ve always have Muslims as friends in one capacity or another. Now, with big Churches and Mosques here and there and great Pastors and Imams, I discovered that government is bigger than any of them no matter what. For places of worship to be closed down for months, and all what religious leaders could do is murmuring and all that, none of them could stand up against the closure, even when it is evident that total lockdown of place of worships is not that effective with other public places opening. Well let me not say much on this before someone will tag me as a backslider.
6: Government:
I will not say much on this as well so that it won’t be tagged as hate speech. But not to lie, the government of this nation is not considerate and they’re insensitive. People are at home, business shutting down in drones yet it is during this period that our government starts implementing one tax or another without rendering a tangible help to its citizens. At times, it makes me even wonder if our government even wants us to survive. But like I said earlier, even though I have much to say on this, but I will keep it at that.
7: We are Survivors:
If there’s anything I learnt which makes me happy about this period is that Nigerians are survivors. With things going on that shut many businesses, yet some are bouncing back and many are coming up. This is what I just have to say, irrespective of what you may be going through or what the government are doing or not doing, yet, I believe this, “We’ll together survive this period.”
Re: 7 Lessons I Learnt During This Covid-19 Period by GboyegaD(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
For number 3, do you mean they increased the prices of their wares unjustly? If yes, it isn't really new. We are exploitative and we exploit one another at the slightest opportunity.

That said, make good use of white spaces to make your writing easily readable.

(1) (Reply)

BOSIEC To Conduct LG Polls In Compliance With COVID-19 Protocols / Edo Poll: Old Politocians Like Oshiomole, Obaseki Destroying Your Futures- APM / LATEST: Buhari Orders Mass Metering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.