Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu (1392 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / N700m Fraud: Court To Decide Ize-Iyamu’s Fate Today / Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by nairapark: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, says he cannot refund N700m to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, because he never stole the money he was accused of diverting.

Ize-Iyamu, who was the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate in 2016, said this during an interview on Arise TV on Sunday.

The governorship candidate is currently standing trial for allegedly receiving N700m for campaigns during the build-up to the 2015 general elections. The EFCC alleged that the money came from a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

However, Ize-Iyamu said he only ensured the release of the funds, but he never touched it.

The APC candidate said, “The EFCC case against me for N700m, I have made it very clear that the so-called money was never paid into my account. It was never given to me. All I did was that they wanted somebody to verify that the money for campaign came. And I, along with two others, went to the bank and confirmed it.

“From the bank, the money was taken not to my house, but to the house of the leader of the party. And when they got there, the money was distributed to the 18 local government chairmen of the party and they all signed for it. Not one kobo was given to me. These are facts available to the court; these are facts available to the EFCC.

“The EFCC’s own is that we ought to refund the money and I said how can I refund what I did not collect? If I took the money, I may say yes, I will refund it; but I didn’t take it, not a kobo did I take. So, my conscience is clear and my credibility is intact.”

Ize-Iyamu said the governorship election of 2016 was manipulated in favour of Governor Godwin Obaseki, who was the APC candidate at the time.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1598269534/can-return-n700m-fund-ize-iyamu

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by IamWonderful: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
of course
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by psychalade: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin
nairapark:
The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, says he cannot refund N700m to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, because he never stole the money he was accused of diverting.

Ize-Iyamu, who was the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate in 2016, said this during an interview on Arise TV on Sunday.

The governorship candidate is currently standing trial for allegedly receiving N700m for campaigns during the build-up to the 2015 general elections. The EFCC alleged that the money came from a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

However, Ize-Iyamu said he only ensured the release of the funds, but he never touched it.

The APC candidate said, “The EFCC case against me for N700m, I have made it very clear that the so-called money was never paid into my account. It was never given to me. All I did was that they wanted somebody to verify that the money for campaign came. And I, along with two others, went to the bank and confirmed it.

“From the bank, the money was taken not to my house, but to the house of the leader of the party. And when they got there, the money was distributed to the 18 local government chairmen of the party and they all signed for it. Not one kobo was given to me. These are facts available to the court; these are facts available to the EFCC.

“The EFCC’s own is that we ought to refund the money and I said how can I refund what I did not collect? If I took the money, I may say yes, I will refund it; but I didn’t take it, not a kobo did I take. So, my conscience is clear and my credibility is intact.”

Ize-Iyamu said the governorship election of 2016 was manipulated in favour of Governor Godwin Obaseki, who was the APC candidate at the time.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1598269534/can-return-n700m-fund-ize-iyamu

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Bakason247(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
Interesting, he supervised the sharing of N700m without taking a kobo from it. No wonder he is a Pastor !!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by BlackfireX: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
When is Barcelona Vs shooting stars playing the champions league.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by SmartProf(m): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Exactly why u can't be governor. Keep decieving yourself that u had nothing to do with the money. If you were in a sane country, u would have granted this interview from prison and not from a TV station.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Mrslasha: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
now it time for APC to manipulate in your own favour
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by XXXXTENTACION: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
BlackfireX:
When is Barcelona Vs shooting stars playing the champions league.
they are going to play it on sunday you can watch it on N.T.A grin
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by samwash(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
You supervise the sharing of the money without taking a Kobo.
Buy some money was shared to you in proxy abi ?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by SmartProf(m): 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bakason247:
Interesting, he supervised the sharing of N700m without taking a kobo from it. No wonder he is a Pastor !!
Being a pastor might just be a mask for him, behind the mask is who we know him to be...A corrupt politician.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
I need it for my campaign
I will pay back once I win and get hold of the treasury
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Orubebe01: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ize Iyam must vomit our yam

1 Like

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by ThatFairGuy1: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
Words there for rumour mongers.

Meanwhile some are still defending Diezani Allison Madueke, you people are insane undecided
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by IamWonderful: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
SmartProf:
Exactly why u can't be governor. Keep decieving yourself that u had nothing to do with the money. If you were in a sane country, u would have granted this interview from prison and not from a TV station.
Remember Jonathan and his wife will also be behind bars if we are in a sane country, the massive corruption was under him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by RenaissanceGuy: 7:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
SmartProf:

Being a pastor might just be a mask for him, behind the mask is who we know him to be...A corrupt politician.
You said you're a smart prof, but can't detect sarcasm.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by tutudesz: 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mr Man you are an accomplice simple, whether you touch or no touch O!! You are of the crime.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by vikithor(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
In other words,your godfather is a rigger!
Ize Iyamu has made it bold that Oshomole is best at rigging any election,cos he can never win in any credible poll
Learn how to drive manual or automatic car,also learn about basic vehicle maintenance.Call or whatsapp us with numbers below
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by leofab(f): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
A man wit the fear of God
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Zenithpeak(m): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
Adams Oshiomole said it and you are confirming it.
He said Ize Iyamu is a theif and the more reason he refused to give him any portfolio for his 8years reign as the governor of Edo State.

Iwa kii f'oniwa sile.

When lying has become habitual character.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Kindledlight(m): 12:01am On Aug 25, 2020
In all PDP campaigns i have seen on TV i always patiently wait for Dan Orbih the then PDP chairman that always insult Obaseki before joining them to say something about the money but lol and behold he won’t and he won’t stop his strange fellows to stop using it against POI.

PDP has really done us strong thing in this country ooo but sha there is God
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Kindledlight(m): 12:06am On Aug 25, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Words there for rumour mongers.

Meanwhile some are still defending Diezani Allison Madueke, you people are insane undecided

You can imagine that and surprisingly the whole PRESIDENT authorized it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by OBUKSBAYELSA: 12:37am On Aug 25, 2020
Bros you must return am.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by OVB123: 4:11am On Aug 25, 2020
Is this kind of person, we want to make Governor of Edo state? Edo will just enter voicemail.
Re: I Can't Return N700m Fund- Ize-iyamu by Jlow2: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2020
Any politician with pastor initials to his name a beg run

(1) (Reply)

Is Obigbo turning Into Another Jos / Unknown Gunmen Attack Umuaka Police Station In Orlu, Imo State / PHOTOS: Edo Road Washed Off Two Months After Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.