Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson (10255 Views)

Lyon To Dickson: I’ll Probe Your Administration / APC To Dickson: Stop Making Unguarded Statements, Accept Your Coming Loss / Goodluck Jonathan On A Condolence Visit To Dickson Over His Mother's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by oshozondii: 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
The Bayelsa State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has given automatic ticket to Ex-Governor Henry Dickson for the Bayelsa West Senatorial District election scheduled for October 31, 2020.

The stakeholders and top political players of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from Bayelsa West decided not to pick the party’s nomination form for the Senatorial District out of respect for the former Governor.

The State Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Solomon Agwanana, said that the people of the Senatorial District are unanimous in the position that Chief Dickson has the capacity, the pedigree and indeed the tested voice to provide the seriously needed effective representation at the Senate.

Agwanana said that the people have implicit confidence in the capacity of the former Governor to exploit his vast experience and potentials in the interest of the Senatorial District, the State and the entire Ijaw Nation.

While Bayelsa Central has five aspirants jostling for the PDP ticket, the West has only Chief Dickson whose ticket was procured for him by a coalition of stakeholders.

He stressed that Chief Dickson has a track record in the National Assembly as a former member of the House of Representatives aside from his sterling performance as the first ever two-term Governor òf Bayelsa State.

He reinstated that stakeholders of other Political parties in the Senatorial District should come on board to join the popular preference for Chief Dickson as the next Senator for Bayelsa West.

Chief Agwanana said that the PDP and the people of the area are prepared to deliver Chief Dickson on October 31, 2020.

On Monday, the State Governor, Senator Douye Diri, inaugurated the PDP Senatorial Campaign Council for Bayelsa West with political icon, Chief Fyneman Wilson as Chairman.

Diri said Chief Dickson emerged as the choice of all stakeholders in reward for his sacrifices and service to his people.

He said that the political leaders have opted to support him because he committed his all to the service of Bayelsa and his people.

“I believe that the former Governor has served his heart out and for that reason everybody that matters in Bayelsa West politically has decided to say that this is where we will remain Come sun, come rain.

“It is also a period of reflection in that the former Governor, our leader has done meticulously well to serve our state and to serve his senatorial district.

“If he has not done well, all of these elders and leaders will not be gathering here to be inaugurated to be part of the team to send our former Governor to the National Assembly.

“I commend the former Governor for the services he has rendered to Bayelsa and her people. And we are excited to see him launch his campaign to continue those services at the National Assembly.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/bayelsa-west-pdp-gives-automatic-ticket-to-gov-dickson/amp/

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Mrslasha: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
retirement home

15 Likes

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Golan007: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
He has bought every conscience in Bayelsa West.

13 Likes

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by dukeprince50: 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
after all he did to Bayelsans? It shall never be well with our youth and all those with voters card that refuse to use their brains making our votes inconsequential

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by dukeprince50: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
they don't plan to live office, its their birth right, their children will take over from them but some useless pencil mouth trouser boys will come here and fight online on their behalf. Fools.
ordinary 30k job, ona no deh see yet ona go run here deh sing their praises cos they fave u 5k during election

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by tesppidd: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's all part of the Godfatherism we preach against.

But the only Godfather that wailers see is Oshiomole.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
Madness

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by explorer250(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
bayelsa has always been PDP. he will definitely win
Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Badonasty(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Naija youths wake up ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by momodub: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
For really
Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by highdon(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Some visitors sef, they serve u food u get mind say make dem change de meat say u no like roundabout

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Akaujaa(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bayelsa, the small state with big allocation but with nothing to show. Bayelsa state collects allocation like 5 times bigger than what Ebonyi State collects but when you compare Ebonyi and Bayelsa in terms of development, you'll really know that indeed, this life 'no balance'.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by ruggedtimi(m): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
After three years governor and senator go cut out

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Amspecial: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin
Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by engela7(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
This is democracy, there's a level-playing ground, if anyone feels he/she can defeat Dickson, let them challenge him at the pools.

Wailers should stop wailing, I lived in Bayelsa for 17 years and I must admit here that Dickson is the best governor the state has ever produced in many ramifications. He's a core Ijaw man with the heart of a lion, a no-nonsense politician.

He's exactly what Bayelsa West Senatorial District need.
Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Confirmedzombie: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
If APC can present a popular and acceptable candidate Dickson can never win.

Its obvious that PDP has no plans to develop a small population state like Bayelsa.

A man who spent 8yrs without any tangible achievements is now on automatic ticket.

Any i trust Igbos to adopt him

10 Likes

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by techmo(m): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
cool

Governors retire to Senate because most of them lack business acumen, most of their loots are invested in stupid empty hotels , Event Centres and Fueling Station

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by espn(m): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
If this was from APCsome idiotpigs will say nonsense here...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by ORIENTATION101: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
In PDP it is victory for Democracy if an outgoing governor impose his stooge and claim one of the constituency seat in senate. But it is Godfatherism if an Apc leader dare support and campaign for his favorite Candidate for election..

and their fanboys re bunch of hypocrites.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by brownbib(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
Enjoy it while it last.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Ezmans: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mrslasha:
retirement home
I pity this animal kingdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by stanisbaratheon: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's a pity that the people of Bayelsa are this helpless so much so that they are still under the oppression of their one time oppressor, even after he left the Governorship office.

As a Rivers man myself, I must say that the same thing happens in Rivers State. I served in Bayelsa state and I can say for a fact that the people prefer to get a nickel from politicians rather than demand meaningful development.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by kiddapunk: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Please I need a Dermatologist or skin enthusiast for some consultation.. Please quote me if you can... I want to achieve a great skin tone
Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by slivertongue: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
bad
Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by Azmanaty: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
dukeprince50:
they don't plan to live office, its their birth right, their children will take over from them but some useless pencil mouth trouser boys will come here and fight online on their behalf. Fools.
ordinary 30k job, ona no deh see yet ona go run here deh sing their praises cos they fave u 5k during election

Like mannabbqgrillz?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa West: PDP Gives Automatic Ticket To Dickson by AlloySteel: 7:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
engela7:
This is democracy, there's a level-playing ground, if anyone feels he/she can defeat Dickson, let them challenge him at the pools.

Wailers should stop wailing, I lived in Bayelsa for 17 years and I must admit here that Dickson is the best governor the state has ever produced in many ramifications. He's a core Ijaw man with the heart of a lion, a no-nonsense politician.

He's exactly what Bayelsa West Senatorial District need.

Werey leleyi sha... �‍♂️. Is it the same Bayelsa where I work?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Despite Loans, Nigeria’s Socio-Economic Conditions Deteriorated ― IMF / NJC Sanctions 3 Judges - Okogbule Gbasam, Nusirat Umar, Edem Kooffreh / Aso Villa Power Tussle Thwarted Abdulkarim Dauda's Promotion, Service Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.