Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Journalists' Hangout: Controversies Trail The Identity Of Rearrested Akinyele S - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalists' Hangout: Controversies Trail The Identity Of Rearrested Akinyele S (302 Views)

The Identity Of Murdered CRUTECH Student In Calabar Revealed (graphic Photo) / 22-year-old Notorious Criminal Rearrested After Escaping From Prison. Photo / Armed Robber Rehabilitated By Omega Power Ministries Rearrested For Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journalists' Hangout: Controversies Trail The Identity Of Rearrested Akinyele S by LiveTimesNG: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Journalists' hangout: Controversies trail the identity of rearrested Akinyele serial killer, Sodipe

Controversies have followed the rearrest of the Akinyele runaway serial killer, Sunday Sodipe as many believed men of Oyo State police command have arrested wrong person.

On a journalists' WhatsApp group platform, this poser came up and this attracted reactions from journalists on the platform.

During the discussion, a journalist uploaded a video and wrote:

"Let us watch this video. I am yet to be convinced that it was the escaped suspect. He is wearing a different cloth apart from the one we saw on the picture. Apart from that, the guy was smiling. We need the service of forensics for clarification. I gathered that the interview was conducted today. He is wearing a different cloth from the one in the picture. Did he changed the cloth. In the video, he claimed he was arrested at Mokola police station however, we learnt that he was arrested (the first time) at Akinyele local government area.

Another joyrnalist wrote:

"Before he was paraded on Friday July 17 at Eleyele, he had spent about two weeks in detention, I guessed. During the period, he probably did not have access to Indian hemp and food the way he did after he escaped.

"He escaped on Tuesday August 11 and he was re-arrested on Sunday August 23, which means he was outside police custody for 12 days. During the period, he might have eaten very well. So, I think it is possible.

"Nevertheless, this doubt would not have been the case if the police had taken his biometrics when he was initially arrested and they have also checked to know if he is the same person or not.

"The police never told us his height, his complexion, the colour of his eyes and other specific details about him when he was declared wanted. I think our security agencies should up the ante".

Another journalist submitted:

"Take a close look, he's the same guy. I think he had even had a hair cut within the 12 days of freedom.

"As for the shirt worn, police do but clothes for suspects. It could have been changed.

"Thirdly, not all crime suspects are sober at their arrest. The hardened ones would even crack jokes with crime reporters. I recall one armed robbery suspect in Lagos even admiring a female colleague during a parade in Lagos, asking if he could get her number �."

Below are screenshots...

https://livetimesng.com/journalists-hangout-controversies-trail-the-identity-of-rearrested-akinyele-serial-killer-photos-video/

Re: Journalists' Hangout: Controversies Trail The Identity Of Rearrested Akinyele S by pharmagba: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
I think he the same guy
Take a look a the upper part of his nose close to his right eye that tiny mark is still there

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Fraudster Forced To It His Own Feases And Drink His Own Urine / Missing Bride Murdered, Secretly Buried By Her Security Guard, Body Found, Exhum / VIDEO: Edo Election – APC Engages In Vote Buying, Exchanges PVC For Fabrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.