Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,703 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. (1540 Views)

2020 Apple Phones May Experience A Dramatic Increase In Price / How To Use Activate Flashlight Notification On Calls On Tecno Camon CM / 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by Habayomie(m): 7:50am On Aug 26, 2020
MJBOLT:
go to your settings,click apps and uninstall any app you did not install,some have fancy names to deceive you then activate restrict background data.

thanks but they still come back again
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by MJBOLT: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2020
that's what i did and it worked
Habayomie:
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by KrazyDave16(m): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Habayomie:

Use a VPN and disable any suspicious-looking app from using your data and WiFi, block access to untrusted sites (this'll prevent them from popping up when browsing or not).

If above doesn't work, root your device and maybe flash any GSI of choice PE, LOS or any GSI of choice. Note that Pixel Experience works with less issues if no ROM is complied for your device (or you can recompile any ROM yourself or have a computer programmer/coder do it as they're open source and codes are on GitHub).
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by primestreams: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2020
Download no root firewall

Block those thief's
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by NightFood: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2020
it not about just TECNO, ads generally steal your data, thats why there is an option to disable them
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by atheistandproud(m): 10:47am On Aug 27, 2020
NightFood:
it not about just TECNO, ads generally steal your data, thats why there is an option to disable them

That's the point.

On Transsion devices, there's no option to turn off ads. In fact if you do manage to turn them off, HiOS or XoS has software embedded in it's code to turn them back on.

1 Like

Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:
I see
why do really find it hard to kiss the truth sir

1 Like

Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

That's the point.

On Transsion devices, there's no option to turn off ads. In fact if you do manage to turn them off, HiOS or XoS has software embedded in it's code to turn them back on.
i swear my dad had to abandon his w2 for an itel basic phone,overheating and not to talk of those data consuming ads

1 Like

Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by atheistandproud(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
zakkyzakes:
i swear my dad had to abandon his w2 for an itel basic phone,overheating and not to talk of those data consuming ads

Bless you
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Bless you
he's planning to buy nokia c3 i hope it gives him peace of mind after dissapointed by fero,and tecno w2

1 Like

Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by edoairways: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
zakkyzakes:
why do really find it hard to kiss the truth sir
That is because anything been hated draws my attention.
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=edoairways post=93317493]
That is because anything been hated draws my attention.[/quotetranssion a'int being hated i'd say they're dissapointing we africans and they're also taking advantage of our illiteracy and example is them manufacturing almost 4 device with the same socs at different price and also giving us fake specs
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by edoairways: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=zakkyzakes post=93320447][/quote]
It is simple, educate Nigerians on phone specifications and then show good alternatives without condemning tecno, things will naturally fall in place
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

It is simple, educate Nigerians on phone specifications and then show good alternatives without condemning tecno, things will naturally fall in place
why do they have to resort to fraudery in the first place after we trusting em
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by edoairways: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
zakkyzakes:
why do they have to resort to fraudery in the first place after we trusting em
It is not fraud let's say reduction in cost of production
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

It is not fraud let's say reduction in cost of production
ok reduction in cost of production but they did'nt include reduction in price
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by edoairways: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
zakkyzakes:
ok reduction in cost of production but they did'nt include reduction in price
They applied price skimming been they had become popular in the Nigerian market
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

They applied price skimming been they had become popular in the Nigerian market
that ain't price skimming bro
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by edoairways: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
zakkyzakes:
that ain't price skimming bro
"Price skimming involves initially charging the highest price your market will accept for your product, then lowering it over time. The logic behind this is that you attempt to “skim” off the top market segment to which you appeal, at the time when your product is freshest, thereby maximizing your profit early on."
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by zakkyzakes: 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

"Price skimming involves initially charging the highest price your market will accept for your product, then lowering it over time. The logic behind this is that you attempt to “skim” off the top market segment to which you appeal, at the time when your product is freshest, thereby maximizing your profit early on."
they just gotta stop treating us as primitives who knows nothing bout tech
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by edoairways: 11:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
zakkyzakes:
they just gotta stop treating us as primitives who knows nothing bout tech
The market is large for any to enter,at least we now see new phones flooding the market. Oppo has gain their presence in Nigeria market so would others do.
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by Realboygenius(m): 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
The report is false.
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by atheistandproud(m): 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by NightFood: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

That's the point.

but I haven't experienced such on my tecno phone

1 Like

Re: Ads On Tecno Phones May Be Stealing Your Data. by Nancy1986: 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
Tecno still the best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackview, Umidigi, Oukitel And The Likes. / Repairguru Is Phonedoctor. Avoid Him / Which Site Can I Get Games For Samsung Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.