Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know (1509 Views)

Iphone 13 Series Price In Nigeria, Kenya, And South Africa / Iphone 13 Series To Put Android Under Pressure / Iphone 11 Series All Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Apple are well known for their phones. They usually refresh their flagship line every year and this year, they have finally announced the iPhone 13 series.

The Apple brand is positioned as a premium brand and thus, they only make phones for the premium end of the market. Every iPhone ever made is a high end flagship phone and the iPhone 13 series is no different.

Once upon a time, iPhones were the bleeding edge of smartphone technology and innovation. Androids have caught up and have left iPhones behind in terms of technology and innovation, both in hardware and software.

So with the new iPhone 13 series, there is a bit of excitement to see what Apple has to offer. There are four phones in this series, they are: iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max.

The iPhone 13 series

iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13

These two phones share nearly the same specs and features with a few differences.

Both devices are made with an aluminum frame with gorilla glass protection both at the front and the back. They also retain last year’s design and weigh 141g. There is IP68 rating for water and dust protection here.

As to be expected from an iPhone, they both use an Apple A15 Bionic SoC with an Apple GPU (4 cores). This SoC is said to be the fastest mobile SoC on any smartphone in existence. The new A15 Bionic leaves its predecessor far behind in terms of speed and performance. Both devices also run on the latest iOS 15. For memory, they use LPDDR RAM and NVMe internal memory. The memory variants are 4GB RAM with 128GB, 256GB and 512GB of storage.

There is a dual 12MP (main) + 12MP (ultrawide) cameras for pictures as well as a dual 12MP + SL 3D sensor for selfies. The displays are where the iPhone 13 justifies its increased price over the iPhone 13 mini.

The iPhone 13 mini has a 5.4″ Super Retina XDR OLED display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080p (FHD+). The pixel density is 476ppi, a refresh rate of 60Hz and a max brightness of 1200 nits.

The iPhone 13 on the other hand has a much bigger 6.1″ Super Retina XDR OLED display with a sharper resolution of 2532 x 1170p (FHD+). The refresh rate remains the same at 60Hz but due to the larger screen, the pixel density falls slightly to 460ppi. The iPhone 13 display also maxes out at 1200 nits of brightness.

Apple have suspiciously been mute about the battery capacity but it is a Li-Ion battery. They have confirmed that both phones will support 20W fast charge, USB PD 2.0, 15W Magsafe and 7.5W Qi charging. Both phones will also support 3G, 4G and 5G networks worldwide.

iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max

These two are the premium phones in the line up and they are also the costliest. They also share similar specs, not only between them but also with the other two phones. There are also some differences between not only these two, but also with the other two (iPhone 13 and 13 mini).

Both the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max are built with a stainless steel frame with full gorilla glass protection both at the front and back. There is IP68 rating here, last year’s design and they both weigh 240g which is rather hefty.

They both use the A15 Bionic SoC but the Apple GPU included has an extra core, so it is a 5 Core GPU. Notebook check has an excellent article on the performance of the A15 so you could check that out as well. Both phones run on iOS 15. For memory, they use LPDDR RAM and NVMe internal memory. The memory variants are 6GB RAM with 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB of storage.

In the camera department, there is a quad camera setup here. Both phones have: 12MP (main) + 12MP (telephoto), 12MP (ultrawide) and a time of flight 3D Lidar scanner for depth. For selfies, there is a dual 12MP + SL 3D sensor just like the earlier mentioned 13 and 13 mini phones.

Like with the iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13, the displays are where both the iPhone 13 Pro Max rises above the iPhone 13 Pro.

The iPhone 13 Pro has a 6.1″ Super Retina XDR OLED display with a resolution of 2532 x 1172p (FHD+). The pixel density is 460ppi, a refresh rate of 120Hz and a max brightness of 1200 nits.

The iPhone 13 Pro Max on the other hand has a much bigger 6.7″ Super Retina XDR OLED display with a sharper resolution of 2778 x 1284p (FHD+). The refresh rate remains the same at 120Hz but due to the larger screen, the pixel density falls slightly to 458ppi. The iPhone 13 Pro display also maxes out at 1200 nits of brightness.

Both displays support HDR 10 and Dolby Vision and are protected by Apple’s ceramic glass shield in addition to the gorilla glass.

Both phones share the same charge speeds for fast charge, USB PD, MagSafe and Qi standards with the iPhone 13 and 13 mini.

Other features that all four phones share include: spatial audio, Dolby Atmos, stereo speakers, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light/ambient sensors, OIS, face ID etc. They all also lack support for FM radio, 3.5mm Audio jack and an IR blaster.

The prices for all four phones are as follows: the iPhone 13 mini which is the most affordable starts from $729 and the iPhone 13 starts from $829. The iPhone 13 Pro starts from $999 and the iPhone 13 Pro Max starts from $1099.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/09/16/iphone-13-series-all-you-need-to-know/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Mokason288(m): 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
cheesy
There are two phones in the world

Iphone and others

Meanwhile: Gather here if you didn’t read to the end

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by hakeem4(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
But I’d say the truth. IOS is better than android operating system.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by saheedbadmus(m): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iphone dere wahala..abeg I still dey enjoy.y iPhone5 jare.. I no fit run from bicycle jam okada cos of iPhone ojere..Las Las na same call we go both call abi 13 dey call heaven ... but truly iphone na better phone if u get money use good gadget cos me self love better thing but Bukata too much jare to pull up money go buy iphone 12 or even 13 no easy...
Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
hakeem4:

Because it is highly optimized and caters to a streamlined hardware (Bionic).

Android has to run on Mediatek, Snapdragon, Exynos, Kirin and the disaster that is Unisoc (formerly Spreadtrum).

Having to run on all of these different hardware is what makes android buggy as each presents it's own set of challenges.

If e easy, make iOS run on top Spreadtrum for Itel A56 fess.

8 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Randerl: 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
@atheistandproud you have done justice to this review.

This is a classic masterpiece. God bless you real good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by abeniagbon(m): 7:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
I was so disappointed when I see 4gig ram, am expecting to see 10gig ram...
Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
abeniagbon:
I was so disappointed when I see 4gig ram, am expecting to see 10gig ram...

There's 6GB on the pro and pro max devices sha
Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
atheistandproud
u did it again!!

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Hakeem12(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
hakeem4:
Not really, IOS is optimized to work perfectly with a few devices apple makes, now consider android that is dropped into a sea of smartphones, tablets and other products. So it's up to OEMs to optimize the software for hardware, and so far so good, most of them are doing a poor job of it.

If they born apple well, it should go open source like android, only then can we make a proper comparison, its closed ecosystem makes for a tighter integration, which is why iPhones don't need super powerful specs to match high end android phones.

Most of iPhone owners I know love their OS simplicity, and it is arguably one of the things IOS does better than android. I have seen people who have never used a smartphone figure out the basics in not more than twenty minutes. My kid sis found MIUI on RN10pro somewhat complicated and got the hang of iphone X faster. The user experience is intuitive enough that there is almost no learning curve. Android sings a different song, and I prefer it for that, there's always something to discover, a new trick, something to customize, etc.

Android now leads the way in innovations, hole punch screen, under screen cameras. Wireless charging, 4g Lte, 5G, NFC, oled displays etc, android beat iPhone to it.

USB C is universal, android phones largely rely on USB-C ports for charging and data transfer these days, which is super convenient if you're one of those people who really likes to pack light and carry only one cable. Whereas Apple's Lightning cable is a relic of the days when every tech company felt compelled to develop its own proprietary connector, USB-C represents the ideal single-port solution the industry is working toward. It also opens doors to faster charging technologies.

In my opinion, owning an iPhone is just a simpler and more convenient experience, there's less to think about. Android is more challenging , yet it's simultaneously more freeing, because it offers more choice — choice of how much you want to spend, choice of hardware and software features, and choice in how you organize and personalize your experience. If you're extremely particular about the technology you use, you might find Android more liberating...dare I say, fun. Though you'll also likely lament the relative lack of high-quality apps and accessories.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hakeem12:
Not really, IOS is optimized to work perfectly with a few devices apple makes, now consider android that is dropped into a sea of smartphones, tablets and other products. So it's up to OEMs to optimize the software for hardware, and so far so good, most of them are doing a poor job of it.

If they born apple well, it should go open source like android, only then can we make a proper comparison, its closed ecosystem makes for a tighter integration, which is why iPhones don't need super powerful specs to match high end android phones.

Most of iPhone owners I know love their OS simplicity, and it is arguably one of the things IOS does better than android. I have seen people who have never used a smartphone figure out the basics in not more than twenty minutes. My kid sis found MIUI on RN10pro somewhat complicated and got the hang of iphone X faster. The user experience is intuitive enough that there is almost no learning curve. Android sings a different song, and I prefer it for that, there's always something to discover, a new trick, something to customize, etc.

Android now leads the way in innovations, hole punch screen, under screen cameras. Wireless charging, 4g Lte, 5G, NFC, oled displays etc, android beat iPhone to it.

USB C is universal, android phones largely rely on USB-C ports for charging and data transfer these days, which is super convenient if you're one of those people who really likes to pack light and carry only one cable. Whereas Apple's Lightning cable is a relic of the days when every tech company felt compelled to develop its own proprietary connector, USB-C represents the ideal single-port solution the industry is working toward. It also opens doors to faster charging technologies.

In my opinion, owning an iPhone is just a simpler and more convenient experience, there's less to think about. Android is more challenging , yet it's simultaneously more freeing, because it offers more choice — choice of how much you want to spend, choice of hardware and software features, and choice in how you organize and personalize your experience. If you're extremely particular about the technology you use, you might find Android more liberating...dare I say, fun. Though you'll also likely lament the relative lack of high-quality apps and accessories.

Come and teach me how to write biko embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by NobleSeed(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
you no just won hear say na him better pass grin bad guy
Hakeem12:

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by hakeem4(m): 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
atheistandproud:

Because it is highly optimized and caters to a streamlined hardware (Bionic).

Android has to run on Mediatek, Snapdragon, Exynos, Kirin and the disaster that is Unisoc (formerly Spreadtrum).

Having to run on all of these different hardware is what makes android buggy as each presents it's own set of challenges.

If e easy, make iOS run on top Spreadtrum for Itel A56 fess.
hakeem12
why I prefer iOS to android

1) integration of software and hardware
: apple produces both the software and hardware and this gives iOS an advantage over android in terms of software and hardware synchronisation

2) it is very easy to operate: You might not agree with this because you are a computer person, but in engineering the simpler the designer the better. if it is easier for me to use the iOS, then what is so special in me using an operating system that would be so complex like android?

well, this all depends on peoples needs and want.

I still say iOS is better than android any day anytime

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Hakeem12(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
atheistandproud:

Come and teach me how to write biko embarassed
Baba, na you be boss o
Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Hakeem12(m): 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
hakeem4:
hakeem12

: apple produces both the software and hardware and this gives iOS an advantage over android in terms of software and hardware synchronisation

2) it is very easy to operate: You might not agree with this because you are a computer person, but in engineering the simpler the designer the better. if it is easier for me to use the iOS, then what is so special in me using an operating system that would be so complex like android?

Baba, you sha no wan gree grin grin I guess it boils down to choice in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by skywalker240(m): 7:11am On Sep 17, 2021
Gbagam

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2021
hakeem4:
hakeem12

Another angle
Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2021
Hakeem12:
Baba, you sha no wan gree grin grin I guess it boils down to choice in the end.

Las las

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by masterfactor(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2021
When google finally release's the PIXELS 6 with TENSOR soc, then this argument between iOS and Andriod will be finally put to rest. I will take iPhone user's serious when they start making comparison between iPhone and pixel, not those Chinese brand with shitty hardware's and poor OS Optimization.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by Prinzton(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2021
This battle comparisons can only be settled when apple goes open source like Android.
Only then can we see the true performance, not in its locked ecosystem.

Cased closed

1 Like

Re: Iphone 13 Series: All You Need To Know by atheistandproud(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2021
masterfactor:
When google finally release's the PIXELS 6 with TENSOR soc, then this argument between iOS and Andriod will be finally put to rest. I will take iPhone user's serious when they start making comparison between iPhone and pixel, not those Chinese brand with shitty hardware's and poor OS Optimization.

Pixel 6 is already thrashing the iPhone 13 Pro in selfie comparisons.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 9T Unboxing And Review. The Best N70,000 Smartphone. Don’t ARGUE / Can Iphones Be Bought Using Easy Buy In Nigeria? / Assistance Needed To Open Black Berry 8700g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.