Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! (960 Views)

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged / Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / You Are Mentally Retarded – Man Calls Out Women Who .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by mutter(f): 3:29am On Aug 25, 2020
A short while ago in a trend on autisim I put up a video about my challanges with my son.
I recieved quite a few requests to give detailed information how we did it...from a diagnosis of mentally retarded to above average intelligence.
I have done that in this video..a detailed account of my coaching methods.
To all who watched my first video- Thank you ! It was the motivation to come up with this video.
Please leave critics and comments after you watch, that will help me and all other parents raosing children with autisim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=movmb7-r1Jc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by Hathor5(f): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
Dear Mutter,

it's a pity nobody has commented on this thread yet. I have seen several of your videos and have always admired your calm, warm-hearted manner of delivery but this video is the best I have seen so far.

I have just watched a documentary about autism on Netflix about young adults with autism looking for love and I learned a lot about what it means to be on the spectrum. I can't describe how adorable some of the characters in the documentary were and the documentary inspired me to dig a little bit deeper in the topic. One thing led to another and I stumbled on this thread. cheesy

I think that such threads/videos are very important since autism is sometimes diagnosed late and too late to tackle some of the effects autism can have on development. However, your video should not only be watched by parents with an autistic child but by every parent. There are so many lessons to be learned here. One of them, to give an example, is that we should make the learning process fun. I think it would serve every child if we knew how. I also love how you addressed your little assistant saying thank you for agreeing to help you. It tells so much about the kind of mother you are and the way you appreciate your children and what they do. I could go on and on but I don't want to make it too lengthy so let me finish off by saying that you are a wonderful mother, as far as my humble self can judge, with beautiful children and I hope more people will visit this thread and learn from your video, this one especially.

Thank you for posting this. kiss

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by mutter(f): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hathor5:
Dear Mutter,

it's a pity nobody has commented on this thread yet. I have seen several of your videos and have always admired your calm, warm-hearted manner of delivery but this video is the best I have seen so far.

I have just watched a documentary about autism on Netflix about young adults with autism looking for love and I learned a lot about what it means to be on the spectrum. I can't describe how adorable some of the characters in the documentary were and the documentary inspired me to dig a little bit deeper in the topic. One thing led to another and I stumbled on this thread. cheesy

I think that such threads/videos are very important since autism is sometimes diagnosed late and too late to tackle some of the effects autism can have on development. However, your video should not only be watched by parents with an autistic child but by every parent. There are so many lessons to be learned here. One of them, to give an example, is that we should make the learning process fun. I think it would serve every child if we knew how. I also love how you addressed your little assistant saying thank you for agreeing to help you. It tells so much about the kind of mother you are and the way you appreciate your children and what they do. I could go on and on but I don't want to make it too lengthy so let me finish off by saying that you are a wonderful mother, as far as my humble self can judge, with beautiful children and I hope more people will visit this thread and learn from your video, this one especially.

Thank you for posting this. kiss

I can't tell you how much this means to me.
Sometimes I wonder if I should be more theatrical but that isn't me. Thank you for inspiring me!
I will remember this anytime I feel low or dsmotivated.
God bless you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by Swissheart(f): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
You are doing well!
Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by Hathor5(f): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2020
mutter:

I can't tell you how much this means to me.
Sometimes I wonder if I should be more theatrical but that isn't me. Thank you for inspiring me!
I will remember this anytime I feel low or dsmotivated.
God bless you.

Thank you! kiss
God bless you too.
Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by ogyunging(m): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Thanks for the video. Learnt something new today. Bless.
Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by blessedvisky(m): 5:53am On Sep 18, 2020
mutter:
A short while ago in a trend on autisim I put up a video about my challanges with my son.
I recieved quite a few requests to give detailed information how we did it...from a diagnosis of mentally retarded to above average intelligence.
To all who watched my first video- Thank you ! It was the motivation to come up with this video.
Please leave critics and comments after you watch, that will help me and all other parents raosing children with autisim.

Re: Autisim - From Mentally Retarded To Intelligent! by Zende(m): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
mutter:

I know someone that placed a child of 9 years with autism on our products and she was able say "Mommy" after 30 days. The mum couldn't believe it because she was skeptical when introdced to the product. Mention me if you are interested

(1) (Reply)

The Evil Step Mom; My Lost Brother (True Story) / I Wanted A Place To Have Rest; But I Peacefully Walka Enter This Trouble / Seun Thanks For Enacting The Modern Emojis Into Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.