Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Why Are We Degrading Our Ancestors Like This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are We Degrading Our Ancestors Like This? (236 Views)

Our Ancestors Built This Wall 600 Years Ago. Today We Would Pay CHINA To Do It. / IPOB On Ebubeagu: Register With New Security Outfit & Join Your Ancestors / Ajaokuta Plant Can’t Work Unless Our Ancestors Are Pacified –host Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Degrading Our Ancestors Like This? by iykbethany(m): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2020
Everything is a joke in Nigeria and Africa. Some of these people they are degrading fought for the freedom we all enjoy today.

Back then we were regarded as monkeys, we cannot eat or drink in same restaurant with white people. We were not allowed to attend same school with whites bc they regarded black people as animals.

But these brave men and women risked their lives and fought for our freedom. Today we eat, drink and wine with all races. We attend any school of our choice and nobody dare call us monkeys again.

Some of these people are investors, innovators, scientists etc.

One particular woman, Harriet Tubman a former slave who risked it all to rescue many other slaves. But since yesterday her pictures are flying all over the internet with many stupid captions. Some say shes the first woman that requested for transport money, other captions claim she's the first to use blue eyes and special package.

The white people we worship cannot denigrate their ancestors like this. Its shameful and appalling to say the least.

We don't even know our history, that is why we are where we are today. SHAME SHAME

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Degrading Our Ancestors Like This? by illicit(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2020
Some people have black brain
Re: Why Are We Degrading Our Ancestors Like This? by Koralords: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2020
It’s copy cats I also want to trend that’s what’s causing that rubbish,since 2 days now that’s the rubbish I see on my status even people you expect to have sense they post the rubbish
Re: Why Are We Degrading Our Ancestors Like This? by iykbethany(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't even blame them. What exactly is the quality of education these youths had? I see a lot of youths brandishing degree certificates without education.

I blame our parents too. our parents knew nothing except religion, a lot of them only taught us to love god, be good and go to heaven.

We need people who are fearless, educated and relentless.

Not people who will tell you to leave things to god to manage, our youths learned virtually nothing except entertainment and religion, so what do you expect... suffering and smiling

Since I was born we have been praying for god to change our corrupt leaders. We collect peanuts as bribe, vote in looters and then expect God to change a corrupt politician we voted in. This hasn't worked in any country.. we are bunch of jokers

(1) (Reply)

FG Cautions State Against Hasty School Reopening / Nairaland is being run by Leftist ideology.(I was ban for no reason) / Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.