Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,753 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church (33439 Views)

Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids / Bishop Kukah: No President In World Can Be Irresponsible As Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by winterfell007(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2020
b3llo:
Why didn't he see or say anything about CAMA in his prophecy?
grin grin grin. That speaks volume

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Samfloxin(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2020
hakeem4:
His church is in nigeria and the president has every right over his church. If he does not want the president of the state governor to have control over his church, he should start his church in heaven.
That CAMA will never work, you cannot fight God and win

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by akanjikokoro: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2020
If Government has power over the citizen, God has power over everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Freestyl(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2020
My Church

It is no long the Church or God?

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Samfloxin(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

My niggarrrrrrrrrr
You must be a real niggarrr...I owe you something niggarrr...but you have to choose...paid pussy? Enough weed? Enough bottles? Or rather you want me to give you the email and password to Nord VPN or cyberghost for your IP(internet protocol) to change from static to dynamic so you can huzzle very well

Am beginning to feel that Nairaland got so many real niggarrrz and real baby girls
Niggar is a word used to abuse blacks,that's why when Niggar Raw found out,he changed his name to Mr Raw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Xpol: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2020
I'm a Christian but I think it's unfair for one man to build a church and acquire enormous amount of money properties at the expense of the gullible members(masses) and even go ahead to build schools that the members can't even afford to send their children. The money these churches are getting from Tithe,Gifts and offerings is more than enough to make these schools free or charging an amount that average Nigerian Parents can afford.

3 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by ApostlePaul14: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2020
sammysmiles:
The Man is very wrong for saying my church.... Meanwhile Jesus already told us that the gates of hell shall not prevail... Nigerian government no reach gates of hell sef.... So all this are jxt baloney from the government....Buhari and his Islamic cohorts are jxt wasting their time....

My dear they are not wasting their time, ask the Christians in Turkey what happened to Turkey that was a Christian nation now an Islamic nation

2 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Karemarealty288(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2020
The man that saw tomorrow never see this coming.....and begin to wonder if he is not seeing the future when he relocated to Jupiter.

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by tonquendo4u(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2020
As someone told Bishop Oyedepo, he should go and start his own country. CAMA is good

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by bakobenjamin198: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Is it his church?

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the owner and Head of the church...no human being should appropriate any church to their names and that of their family members....

We own nothing...

We can't do anything on our own..

Everything that's and there's and that would be belong to God our father and maker
Yes, is his Church. He categorically stated that he built it with his sweat. What do you expect from a person who used his hard earned money to establish a business for himself with the hope of making profit in due time? Yes, is his Church! He never said he built it for Jesus to take control or ownership. Do you blame him for saying that? I guess the answer should be "No." If you are to blame anybody, it shouldn't be him, but his gullible patronizers who are the contributors of his profit making venture.

6 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by hiterrun(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2020
hakeem4:
His church is in nigeria and the president has every right over his church. If he does not want the president of the state governor to have control over his church, he should start his church in heaven.

you are Nigerian and the president have every right over you. so he can kill you any motherfucking time right....
people sha
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by ofuonyebi: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2020
Point of order oga primate....you are not the owner of the church....JESUS purchased it with his blood on the cross of Calvary....

you this not die for anybody....so, better not to sin and better say you are the onwer of you money and property...those two things are what is

making all general overseer shivering over CAMA nothing more....the fear of your money and your property

Don't forget, it was you CAN that ask govt to REGISTER THE CHURCHES...Hence, he who registers must have a responsibility to perform

you cannot eat your cake and have it back....GOD forbid!

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by maolah: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2020
Awon tieves pastor (ole) let mopo catch u there!

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Softhands(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2020
hakeem4:
demons
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by RapistOnBail: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2020
Rebuke:

Lead the government to take over na. Yhu miscreants and blind bats who can't fight for yhur right and stand against yhur useless government milking yhu dry of yhur resources.

Yhu want them to start controlling the affairs of the church when they haven't been able to even control their own affair effectively.

Maybe yhu should invite the government to come and be controlling yhu and yhur family. The government should tell yhu how yhu and yhur parents run the activities in yhur family since yhu and yhur parents are in Nigeria.

Big fool!
Because he spoke his mind which is true to sane humans, you call him a fool!

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Diamondpen(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2020
DamnNiggar:

But Govt is not bigger than Bokoharam
And Fulani herdsmen

Have you taken time to read from both side of the divides in the CAMA law debate, i will enjoy you to do so rather than allowing your emotions to becloud your sense of judgement. Do you know the churches in questions were registered as NGO with trustees and in the eyes of law, those registered churches are corporate organisations and you expect government not to regulate them? How many mosques have you seen registered in Nigeria? Why registering Churches?

3 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by zebra(m): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2020
No be only ur church! Na ur shrine. Like say e fit fight government. Hisss!!
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Ologbojo2023: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2020
hakeem4:
I you this moderfucker Muslims cannot be quoting christian matter, if the pastor choose not to allow govt to dictate for him n ministries so be it.....what's your own fucking problem for quoting him, l guess you Muslims has hidden motive on this CAMA issues

3 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by OyinO: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2020
It should be clear to the gullible Africans and blinded Nizoorians that church is a business outfit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by alasane: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2020
b3llo:
Why didn't he see or say anything about CAMA in his prophecy?

hahahhahahahaa i laugh in kanuri
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by hakeem4(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2020
hiterrun:

you are Nigerian and the president have every right over you. so he can kill you any motherfucking time right....
people sha
I never meant the government have rights to take anyones life, Infact i am against the death penalty. what i am saying is that government has the right over any church or mosque cause it is a registered organization
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by hakeem4(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Samfloxin:

That CAMA will never work, you cannot fight God and win
Yeah! i can't fight someone that exists in your imagination
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by ariesbull: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2020
MY CHURCH !

These guys are clowns I must say....so it is his church and that is meaning that he has the right to do with the money given to him by public in trust to do anything

well....I don't blame him but gullible

being a born again is pretty expensive

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by hakeem4(m): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2020
dokyOloye:

Would you say same for a Christian president taking over mosques?
I really do not care, i am not even a muslim.
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by vikithor(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2020
LordOfTheWeed:
All these business gods of men will start running "helter seketers" now grin grin cheesy

Let's welcome senior pastor righteousness89 to the stage to enlighten us about the spiritual complications of the CAMA Acts

A round of applause for righteousness please grin
Hilarious
@Senior Pastor Righteousness

Though he never disappoints in his usual message of righteousness(at least from antedence)
Righteousness alone can lift catapult,exalts,promotes c n I(corporate or individuals but sadly sin does the opposite
Learn how to drive better than some danfo ati molue drivers of lasgidi(eko) also learn basic vehicle maintenance checks.
Learn how to drive both manual and automatic cars.
See our contacts below for reaching,calls or whatsapp
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Ologbojo2023: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2020
helinues:
sad

You guys better relocate to other country jejeli if you are not ready to abide by the law of the land..

Imagine, my church like my car.... undecided
l think you have problem helius or whatever u call ur self, u have not add meaningful comment on this firum. Only today u called for impeachment of makinde again you're typing trash what the Bleep wrong with your brain. I think your brain need to be format

2 Likes

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by aksule(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Our religious leaders at times behave like children of wealthy family who while basking on the family wealth, believed that they are untouchable. Of course to some extent, yes, but power is always greater than wealth especially state powers backed by statue law

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Righteousness89(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2020
[s]
hakeem4:
[/s]
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by helinues: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2020
Ologbojo2023:
l think you have problem helius or whatever u call ur self, u have not add meaningful comment on this firum. Only today u called for impeachment of makinde again you're typing trash what the Bleep wrong with your brain. I think your brain need to be format

Stop lying..

Provide proofs or forever shut up
Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2020
A lot of persons here are quoting countries that have standards. Where laws and regulations set are not used to witch hunt some particular section/sbut work very well. Here in Nigeria, the government cannot account for the money that is generated. From custom to firs to other means of money generation. The church can be taxed if the money will be well used for something meaningful. Checkout the schools in Nigeria it is built by the church, hospitals also by the church, what has Nigeria government built that if you look at it critically thieves in government are not stealing away. Pls, they should manage government Institutions first and produce result for all to see. Ranting on this forum will not make any meaning. What of the confab meeting and the issues that was raise? Nigeria needs restructing and not this one sided system of governance of enriching some very few individuals.

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by tenderjunkie: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2020
wale377:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WtpZ6o1K3M

Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele has
categorically stated that nobody can take over his church in the wake of the recently amended Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).

In an exclusive interview with Legit tv, the fiery preacher noted that he built the church with his sweat and labor of many years, therefore, nobody can dictate to him how to run the affairs of his denomination.

The Founder of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church also condemned Christian Association leaders for allowing themselves to be used by the government to promulgate such.
Look at them. Croooookkkksssss

1 Like

Re: Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church by Tango123: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2020
I wish those supporters of this law can read it. Guys take time to read rhat document

Even u, a private histler is not safe. Private businesses are not safe. They can take it from u with this law, or replace u with their own man

Read below. Copied from somewhere

*State Theft, Cronyism and Civil Right Violations: Inside the Hidden Horrors of the CAMA 2020 Bill*

Published
 2020/08/16

By David Hundeyin

Imagine you woke up from a bad dream yesterday, only to find out that you are in another bad dream today. Then you wake up from it tomorrow, only to find yourself in another bad dream, which gives way to yet another nightmare and so on in that manner, like an everlasting set of Russian dolls. No matter how varied the subjects of the nightmares are, they always end with the same conclusion – the Nigerian government wants to take away all economic and civil rights by hook or crook.

This is one way of describing what an examination of the recently ratified Companies and Allied Matter Act 2020 reads like. Here we go again.

Over the past year, NewsWireNGR has published at least four separate deep dives into new and proposed laws and regulations put forward under the Buhari administration, that all pursue the same holy trinity of legislative and regulatory agenda – attacking freedom of speech and the civil space, abrogating property rights and economic prospects and instituting regulators, offices and bodies that exist above the jurisdiction of the court system.

This bill, which is supposed to be a harmless bill about ease of doing business follows the exact same playbook, with the added bonus of now being the law following the President Muhammadu Buhari’s signature on August 7.

Over the course of its 870 sections spread out over 604 pages, the bill has at least four clauses containing these anti-democratic policy directions strategically hidden in plain sight.
Among other things, it empowers the government to forcefully take over civil society organisations at will and expropriate their property. It also contains an unbelievable clause that expressly names a private business belonging to an All Progressives Congress (APC) member, effectively giving state backing to the revenue-generating activity of a politically-connected private entity. 
It then criminalises freelancers alongside the entire Nigerian grey economy in an audacious regulatory power grab that opens the door to Nigerian citizens having their money seized from their bank accounts at the whim of the Nigerian State.

Finally it contains a clause that is as comically unconstitutional as it is brazenly anti-democratic, purportedly preventing any individual or organisation from taking legal action against it unless it gives them permission to. This is the inside scoop on CAMA 2020, the Buhari administration’s latest successful attempt to smuggle 1984 into 2020.

*CAMA 2020: NGO Bill in Disguise*
In 2019, one of the bills that NewsWireNGR delved into was the ‘Bill for an Act To Provide For The Establishment Of The Non-Governmental Organizations Regulatory Commission For The Supervision, Co-ordination And Monitoring Of Non Governmental Organizations,’ popularly known as the ‘NGO Bill’. Originally introduced into the House of Representatives in 2016, it generated a huge uproar and was eventually put on ice when it became politically impossible to force it through.

The provision of the bill that caused the loudest uproar was the proposed ability of the government to direct or even take over the activities of NGOs and civil society organisations (CSO).
Without raising as much as a whimper however, CAMA 2020 has got this very provision of the NGO Bill passed into law. According to Section 839 of the bill, the government now has the power to remove the management of any such organisation and replace it with whoever it wants based on nothing more than what side of the bed it wakes up on.

The highlighted sub-clause (iii.) can be explained in plain English as follows: “The commission may remove and replace the trustees of a CSO if it determines that it is in “the public interest” to do so – in its sole opinion and based on criteria nobody else has access to.” In other words, the Buhari Administration or any of its successors can now legally take over Amnesty Nigeria, SERAP or any similar organisations it has previously antagonised openly, if their definition of “public interest” means “the government must not be embarrassed.” 

*Legislative Cronyism Hiding in Plain Sight*
Section 704 looks like a boring, bog-standard section about company law and the process of liquidation and insolvency practise. A closer look however reveals something very unusual that meets all the criteria for what can be described as “corruption.”

The Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN) is expressly named as the preferred government-recognised body which insolvency practitioners must be registered with in order to practise.
The problem with this is that BRIPAN is not in fact a government-recognised professional body like the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), which was established Act of Parliament No 15 of 1965. BRIPAN, it turns out, is a private company limited by guarantee registered in 1994 as a non-profit association.

It also carries out revenue-generation activities including sale of membership forms and organising membership trainings and Fellow workshops for N90,000 and N250,000 respectively.

What this means is that someone somehow got their private revenue-generation activities written into law and effectively mandated as a pre-condition for Insolvency practise in Nigeria, as though their private company were a government-affiliated institution. A peek behind the veil to see who this super-connected individual behind BRIPAN is revealed this:

Once a member of President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Vision 2020 Steering Committee, Abiodun Ismail Saka-Layonu is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) with over 38 years of experience as a lawyer. He also sits on the board of Stabilini Visinoni, a civil engineering company, and Bi-Courtney Limited, the embattled concessionaire of MM2 Airport and the Lagos – Ibadan expressway. Layonu is a card carrying member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and he took part in the 2018 Osun State gubernatorial race alongside eventual winner Gboyega Oyetola.

In other words, CAMA 2020 has taken the private business of a ruling party member and written it into law, effectively forcing anybody who wishes to become an insolvency practitioner in Nigeria to pay money to said party member’s “non-profit organisation.”

*Criminalising the Informal Sector – 21,000,000 Nigerians are now Criminals*
According to the Bank of Industry, Nigeria’s informal sector contributes up to 65 percent of the country’s GDP. This sector is generally made up of rural small scale farmers, urban small scale retailers, artisans and freelancers. The idea of a Nigerian government in its current situation attempting to criminalise 65 percent of the country’s economy with a stroke of a legislative pen would ordinarily be seen as somewhere between horrifying and hilarious, because it is both profoundly unwise and utterly unenforceable. Yet this is precisely what CAMA 2020 does with this clause in section 863.

As terrible as the idea of introducing potentially unenforceable legislation is, the real trouble perhaps exists because of how unenforceable it is. Specific figures from Nigeria are unavailable, but Sub-Saharan estimates put the informal sector’s share of people in employment at anything from 72 percent to 90 percent. If we conservatively extrapolate that 72 percent of working Nigerians are informally employed, and we conservatively estimate that half (36 percent) are the sole proprietors and partners described in this clause, this means that at least 36 percent of Nigeria’s 58,527,277 people currently in any kind of employment – 21,069,819 Nigerians – are now apparently committing a crime by running a private business or income-generating activity outside of the government’s control.
The ugly danger inherent in this wide criminalisation of the very backbone of Nigeria’s economy can be inferred from the specific line of the clause underlined below:

“A fine prescribed in the Commission’s regulations from time to time.”
In other words, the government is now legally empowered to impose any fine at all it wants on at least 21 million Nigerians at any point in time. Social media content creators, freelance programmers and writers, itinerant musicians, roadside hawkers – nobody is spared. By classifying all unregistered economic activity as illegal, the door has also been opened to arbitrary garnishing or expropriation of private bank accounts of any individuals criminalised by this law using their readily-accessible Bank Verification Number (BVN) information.

[/b]
*The CAC is Now Above the Law – Literally*
Finally and most concerningly, the new law contains a clause that was also observed in the Social Media Bill, Hate Speech Bill, NCDC Bill and the recent 6th NBC Code amendment – a clause to place a Nigerian government organisation outside or above the constitutionally mandated jurisdiction of the Nigerian court system. In the case of the Social Media and Hate Speech bills, the legislation was to the effect that legal action cannot be brought against the relevant ministry, but rather an unelected bureaucrat at the ministry who has no legal jurisdiction to hear legal appeals would make all final decisions. The CAMA 2020 iteration of this unconstitutional clause is less in-your-face, but no less obnoxious.

According to the clause, the jurisdiction of the Nigerian court system to hear a legal complaint is somehow subjugated to the CAC’s unilateral directive to allow it 30 days to prepare for a lawsuit before it is filed. In other words, if any individual or organisation is affected by any of the afore-mentioned clauses, their constitutional right to immediately seek legal redress is somehow suspended and they must notify the CAC in writing of their intention to sue, their name, their home address and their desired reliefs, and then wait 30 days, presumably for the CAC to pay them a nice home visit to share tea and cookies.
[/b]
*Bonus Clause: All Foreign Companies Must Register. Except Chinese Ones.*

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ben Eragbai Preaches In A Range Rover On The Streets (Photos) / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / I Disguised As Beggar To Teach Christians Kindness – Fr Thaddeus Ilechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.