Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? (702 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2020
Now, is there any thing like the best position when praying and does it have any effect to the answers of prayers offered?

I once read in a book that there are different positions one need to be in when praying, for effectiveness.

Like if you're praying for mercy and forgiveness, you should be on your kneels or lie face flat.

If youre praying for vengeance, you should stand on your feet.

Prayer of petition, you should... Can't really remember all in details now cos it's a long time I read that book.

Also in my church, if you're observing a prayer of deliverance or anointing, you'll be asked not to fold your arms or close your Palms together.

Please I want to know how true these things are. If they truly matter to God or affect our prayers in any ways.

The best position for me is lying down though I stand sometimes.

Please I need mature inputs.

Thank you.

Mfmrevivalist
Finallydead
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by ojaysam25(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2020
God looks at the heart and seriousness of a person while praying....the concept of position while praying is a fallacy....however when praying warfare prayers, violent prayer is needed but you can do that irrespective of the position....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2020
ojaysam25:
God looks at the heart and seriousness of a person while praying....the context of position while praying is a fallacy....however when praying warfare prayers, violent prayer is needed but you can do that irrespective of the position....

Ok. thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by MFMRevivalist: 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
There's no special position for praying. However when you give yourself to the Holy spirit when praying (I mean, when you allow Him to take control), you can be led to stand, move around, or kneel.

In reference to church activities, sometimes the position of praying could be determined by the minister leading the prayers. E.g He could tell his members to stand, sit, move around, shout louder, move their hands, shake their heads etc depending on How he is led. Although this mainly happens in deliverance meetings and could be referred to as "prophetic actions" or "prophetic instructions".

Your answer though, is in my first explanation.

Amen?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Positioning Has Nothing 2 Do With God Answering Ur Prayers Or Not.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't believe there's anything like the best way to position one's self while praying. I think praying positions just like patterns should be instinctively developed by the person praying.

There are those who kneel down for hours when praying, while some others do same while standing, walking, bowing down or prostrating and so on. It depends on what works for someone.

I believe i started with kneeling down for hours, yet i have also done most if not all of the above at some point, but what i observed over the years is that somehow walking instinctively appears to be my favorite mode when praying. A times I walk for hours within a short space without even noticing it.

Although while walking I'm often brought down to my knees or propelled to fall on my face or back perhaps to show that it's also important to literally kneel, bow down or prostate at some point in worship before God especially when He's literally there with someone, i'm also permitted to walk, sit, stand, lie while doing same.

I've also found myself sleep-praying, dream-praying, if there are any such things. All in all i think it depends on the individual. The most important thing for us as believers is to pray always and not faint as Jesus had commanded us, also to pray according to His Will.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Missionary Position

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
MFMRevivalist:
There's no special position for praying. However when you give yourself to the Holy spirit when praying (I mean, when you allow Him to take control), you can be led to stand, move around, or kneel.

In reference to church activities, sometimes the position of praying could be determined by the minister leading the prayers. E.g He could tell his members to stand, sit, move around, shout louder, move their hands, shake their heads etc depending on How he is led. Although this mainly happens in deliverance meetings and could be referred to as "prophetic actions" or "prophetic instructions".

Your answer though, is in my first explanation.

Amen?

Amen.

Thank you Sir.

God bless you.
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Truvel:
Positioning Has Nothing 2 Do It God Answering Ur Prayers Or Not.

Ok.

Thanks Bro.

God bless.
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I don't believe there's anything like the best way to position one's self while praying. I think praying positions just like patterns should be instinctively developed by the person praying.

There are those who kneel down for hours when praying, while some others do same while standing, walking, bowing down or prostrating and so on. It depends on what works for someone.

I believe i started with kneeling down for hours, yet i have also done most if not all of the above at some point, but what i observed over the years is that somehow walking instinctively appears to be my favorite mode when praying. A times I walk for hours within a short space without even noticing it.

Although while walking I'm often brought down to my knees or propelled to fall on my face or back perhaps to show that it's also important to literally kneel, bow down or prostate at some point in worship before God especially when He's literally there with someone, i'm also permitted to walk, sit, stand, lie while doing same.

I've also found myself sleep-praying, dream-praying, if there are any such things. All in all i think it depends on the individual. The most important thing for us as believers is to pray always and not faint as Jesus had commanded us, also to pray according to His Will.

God bless. Amen

Wow! shocked
Sleep praying?? Interesting.

I do all positions but feel like lying down most times but my heart will be like, you're too relaxed, get up! And standing for me sometimes makes me dizzy after a long time.

Anyways, good to know I can assume any position to pray.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=MFMRevivalist

Yeah, about Church prayers, I remember one of my pastors always vexing anything we sit down while praying. Hes always like its not right that it is disrespectful to God or something like that. Making it look like someone is possed hahahaha...

Another one too in my current place of worship too doesn't like it when people sit down during prayers. He can even halt the prayers and be saying if you're not up to 65/70 you can't sit down and all that.. So I guess its those things that keep playing in my head whenever I'm praying making me think I'm breaking certain rules or something.

Thank you Sir. Now i know better with your responses.

God bless you all.
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Brachaa:

Yeah, about Church prayers, I remember one of my pastors always vexing anything we sit down while praying. Hes always like its not right that it is disrespectful to God or something like that. Making it look like someone is possed hahahaha...

Another one too in my current place of worship too doesn't like it when people sit down during prayers. He can even halt the prayers and be saying if you're not up to 65/70 you can't sit down and all that.. So I guess its those things that keep playing in my head whenever I'm praying making me think I'm breaking certain rules or something.

God bless you all.
In Dat Case When An Officiating Minister Ask U 2 Do So U Should Obey & Do So. In Deliverance Prayer Or Program Dey Are Necessary. There Is Power In Fervent Prayer. I'm Talking 4rm Experience, I Av Done Deliverance On Some People B4 When I Was Still An Evangelist Back Den. Some Of People Ended Up Manifesting D Evil Spirit Tormenting Dem & Got Their Deliverance. For Fervency In D Spirit Dey Are Necessary, Especially In Deliverance Ministry.
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
IF YOU ASK ME I'D SAY "POSITION 71". YOU 7, YOUR PROPHET/INTERCESSOR 1. I BET YOUR PRAYERS WOULD BE ANSWERED WITH EASE. SHAPERLY SEF
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
Truvel:
In Dat Case When An Officiating Minister Ask U 2 Do So U Should Obey & Do So. In Deliverance Prayer Or Program Dey Are Necessary. There Is Power In Fervent Prayer. I'm Talking 4rm Experience, I Av Done Deliverance On Some People B4 When I Was Still An Evangelist Back Den. Some Of People Ended Up Manifesting D Evil Spirit Tormenting Dem & Got Their Deliverance. For Fervency In D Spirit Dey Are Necessary, Especially In Deliverance Ministry.

Oh.. Really? I see.

So... Do you still conduct deliverance sessions?
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by OtemAtum: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Praying is an exercise in futility. It's like putting so much time wishing. Prayers are mere wishes.

Homo Sapiens III 15:12 sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Brachaa:

Oh.. Really? I see.
I Do.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Brachaa:

Oh.. Really? I see.

I Do. Note That We Av Different Kind Of Prayers. Some Of Dem I Can Remember 4 Now Are:
1. Thanks Giving Prayers 2. Enquiry Prayers 3. Aggressive Prayers Or Fervent Prayers 4. Cursing Prayers (can Be Dangerous If D Person Highly Anointed) 5. Liquid Prayers (like Hannah's Pray) 5. Praying In Tongues 6. Groaning Prayers Etc. Of All D Prayers Groaning Prayer Is D Most Effective Or Powerful Of All. It's A Deep Emotional Prayer, Or Agonize Prayer. (hannah's Prayer) U May Hardly Hear What Dey Say. Hannah Prayed Dsame Prayer D Priest Thought She Was Drunk. however, in deliverance d prayers, D Minister needs 2 be aggressive Or Fervent 4 Positive Effect In D Spirit Realm. Deliverance Is Not A Gentleman Prayer. It's A Warfare. Dat Means D Minister Has 2 Pray 4 D Infilling Of D Holyghost & Power 2 Be A Successful Deliverance Minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:49am On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

Wow! shocked
Sleep praying?? Interesting.

I do all positions but feel like lying down most times but my heart will be like, you're too relaxed, get up! And standing for me sometimes makes me dizzy after a long time.

Anyways, good to know I can assume any position to pray.

Thank you so much!

Yeah, Sleep-praying if I could call it that because i would find myself being jerked out of sleep praying and would often go back to sleep still praying, but It only began after i was given the ability to speak in tongues. Moreover there was a time though that i had a very fierce dream where I was praying vibrantly in the dream and I woke from the dream/sleep still uttering the same words with the same vibrancy that was in the dream.

As for lying down, I would admit there was a time I was praying like that, but I wasn't very comfortable with that either, hence I stopped doing it for lengthy periods but only when I wanted to pray for a short while like when i was about to sleep. I can understand the dizzying part while standing or walking for a long time, but if i got tired while walking i would take a more comfortable position like sitting for a while. It's a good thing though that you don't feel sleepy while lying down for a long time, because I've noticed I can't pray for long while sitting or kneeling down at late or early hours, because na sleep be the next thing oh, how much more if I was lying down? cheesy

So what works for someone may not work for someone else.

Thanks you too. God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by MFMRevivalist: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Brachaa:

God bless you all.

Amen..

And you too

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Missionary Position
Hahaha grin NO! POSITION 71 is the best. You 7 your prophet/INTERCESSOR 1

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
MFMRevivalist:

Amen..

And you too

Amen.
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Finallydead: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Brachaa:
Now, is there any thing like the best position when praying and does it have any effect to the answers of prayers offered?

I once read in a book that there are different positions one need to be in when praying, for effectiveness.

Like if you're praying for mercy and forgiveness, you should be on your kneels or lie face flat.

If youre praying for vengeance, you should stand on your feet.

Prayer of petition, you should... Can't really remember all in details now cos it's a long time I read that book.

Also in my church, if you're observing a prayer of deliverance or anointing, you'll be asked not to fold your arms or close your Palms together.

Please I want to know how true these things are. If they truly matter to God or affect our prayers in any ways.

The best position for me is lying down though I stand sometimes.

Please I need mature inputs.

Thank you.

Mfmrevivalist
Finallydead

Hi Brachaa,
Sorry I've been offline for weeks and seeing this now.
About posturing in prayer, note that you'll receive no extra pinch of mercy for kneeling or prostrating nor will any extra power be released against enemy forces by standing or any other militant gesture.
All you receive from the spiritual realm, mercy, power or liberty, will be through faith in operation.
I have seen the power of God resurrect someone faraway, from the dead, while laying put in the comfort of my bed. I have also seen generational curses and witchcraft bondages, broken while sitting down comfortably, all by the of activation of faith alone. And I have become the greatest of debtors to mercy amongst men by the same faith in the Lord, certainly not by prostrating.
Some people posture in one way and get the results while others posture some other way and still get the results because what they have in common is their faith even though they may mistake it for a certain posture or gesture and compel others to do same.

However, as you grow in the presence of God, there are times the presence compels you to your knees or to fall on your face like with John (Rev1:17), Ezekiel(Ezek1:28) and Daniel(Dan8:17).
However I always teach people to pray in a still position when praying, like standing or sitting and alternating between both as is comfortable, because it conserves your energy and also helps you focus within. Also I never recommend lying down because if you're going to pray for say, three hours, especially when you just starting such, you'll most likely sleep off in that position and lose prayer time. In all, try to pick a posture that saves conserves energy and prevents you sleeping off easily.

I like that you ask this question actually because it shows that you're serious about getting answers to prayers. So, what kicks the demons out of the way and what activates the angels of God is the force of your faith alone, hence your concern should be how to get your faith operational.
i.) Persevering prayer, that is sticking with it UNTIL the answer comes, will activate faith to bring manifestation of your desire. This is what the Lord advised in (Mk11:22-24). Also Eph6:18.

ii) Also some kind of faithlessness (dormancy of faith) can only be dealt with by fasting. It was this kind that the Lord spoke of (Mt17:21).

iii.) Love i.e. selfless sacrifices you make for God's sake activates faith as well(Gal5:6, 1Pet2:5).
Exercise in this perseveringly and soon your faith will be activated and bring your desired results. To increase the speed of answers or revelations, increase the exercise of these. Also note that many unimaginable things could be responsible for delays which we could only know by revelations and we should never assume but persevere and the Spirit will reveal the cause and bring us solutions.

Please note that these are not self-righteous works but these are the works that activate the dormant faith in your spirit(Jam2:17)and when activated, faith like an unstoppable force will make your desires come true.

WinningEleven, I'm yet to see your mail. Check my last mention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Finallydead:

Hi Brachaa,
About posturing in prayer, note that you'll receive no extra pinch of mercy for kneeling or prostrating nor will any extra power be released against enemy forces by standing or any other militant gesture.
All you receive from the spiritual realm, mercy or liberty, will be through faith in operation.
I have seen the power of God resurrect someone faraway, from the dead, while laying put in the comfort of my bed. I have also broken generational curses and witchcraft bondages while sitting down comfortably, all by the of activation of faith alone. And I have become the greatest of debtors to mercy amongst men by the same faith in the Lord, certainly not by prostrating.

However, as you grow in the presence of God, there are times the presence compels you to your knees or to fall on your face like with John (Rev1:17), Ezekiel(Ezek1:28) and Daniel(Dan8:17).
However I always teach people to pray in a still position when praying, standing or sitting and alternating between both as is comfortable, because it conserves your energy and also helps you focus within. Also I never recommend lying down because if you're going to pray for say, three hours, especially when you just starting such, you'll most likely sleep off in that position and lose prayer time.

I like that you ask this question actually because it shows that you're serious about getting answers to prayers. So, what kicks the demons out and what activates the angels of God is the force of your faith alone, hence your concern should be how to get your faith operational.
i.) Persevering prayer, that is sticking with it UNTIL the answer comes, will activate faith to bring manifestation of your desire. This is what the Lord advised in (Mk11:22-24). Also Eph6:18.

ii) Also some kind of faithlessness (dormancy of faith) can only be dealt with by fasting. It was this kind that the Lord spoke of (Mt17:21).

iii.) Love i.e. selfless sacrifices you make for God's sake activates faith as well(Gal5:6, 1Pet2:5).
Exercise in this perseveringly and soon your faith will be activated and bring your desired results. To increase the speed of answers or revelations, increase the exercise of these.

Please note that these are not self-righteous works but these are the works that activate the dormant faith in your spirit(Jam2:17)and when activated, faith like an unstoppable force will make your desires come true.

Thanks and God bless you Sir.

I really appreciate your response.
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by WinningEleven(m): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
Finallydead:

Hi Brachaa,
All you receive from the spiritual realm, mercy, power or liberty, will be through faith in operation.
I have seen the power of God resurrect someone faraway, from the dead, while laying put in the comfort of my bed. I have also seen generational curses and witchcraft bondages, broken while sitting down comfortably, all by the of activation of faith alone. And I have become the greatest of debtors to mercy amongst men by the same faith in the Lord, certainly not by prostrating.
Some people posture in one way and get the results while others posture some other way and still get the results because what they have in common is their faith even though they may mistake it for a certain posture or gesture and compel others to do same.

However I always teach people to pray in a still position when praying, like standing or sitting and alternating between both as is comfortable, because it conserves your energy and also helps you focus within. Also I never recommend lying down because if you're going to pray for say, three hours, especially when you just starting such, you'll most likely sleep off in that position and lose prayer time. In all, try to pick a posture that saves conserves energy and prevents you sleeping off easily.

I like that you ask this question actually because it shows that you're serious about getting answers to prayers. So, what kicks the demons out of the way and what activates the angels of God is the force of your faith alone, hence your concern should be how to get your faith operational.

Exercise in this perseveringly and soon your faith will be activated and bring your desired results. To increase the speed of answers or revelations, increase the exercise of these. Also note that many unimaginable things could be responsible for delays which we could only know by revelations and we should never assume but persevere and the Spirit will reveal the cause and bring us solutions.

ah, forgive my forgetfulness sir
I am sending it as soon as I am done here
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by WinningEleven(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
Finallydead:

Hi Brachaa,

I also have another testimony to share but I will have to send it through the mail since its a bit personal
Re: What Is The Best WAY TO Position YOURSELF When Praying? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
Finallydead:

Hi Brachaa,

Sir, I just PMd you.

Please reply.

Thank. you sir

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Osinbanjo Will Become President--Prophet Nigel Gaisie / On Departing This Life / God Sowed His Only Begotten Son Jesus (His Seed) To Reap Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.