Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? (24650 Views)

What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? / As A Christian What Will You Do If You Found This? / Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by ebubeson: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2023
Some may love kneeling down mostly when praying or standing or lying down or walking or sitting. Whichever way, let your prayers be of quality..

So what is your best posture or position when praying?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by TemplarLandry: 7:45am On Jul 16, 2023
Standing and walking about, speaking life.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Ever8090: 7:47am On Jul 16, 2023
Mine is kneeling down, and my best place to pray is on the mountain and in quiet places, time, is middle of the night...

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by NastiLord: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2023
I move around my room with a light-up blunt talking to Yahweh. I connect to Him with the speed of light through this way. Thank you Father for another day.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by NastiLord: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Won't you dedicate Jesus Walk by Kanye West to this post??

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by lomprico(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2023
Does it matter? undecided

Una go just de create stupid threads upandan.

Another idiot will soon come up with 'best cloth to wear when praying '

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by ItsReal: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2023
In Matthew 26:39 and Mark 14:35, we are told Jesus fell with his head (face) toward the ground and he prayed. However, does Scripture reveal other ways God's people prayed? Yes

Kneeling - 1 Kings 8:54; Daniel 6:10 (and prayed three times per day); Acts 7:60, 20:36; Ephesians 3:14; Philippians 2:9-11.
Standing - 2 Chronicles 20:5.
Facedown - Numbers 16:22, 20:6; Joshua 5:14; Revelation 7:11.
Hands Raised - Psalms 134:2, 141:2.

Numbers 20:6

Then Moses and Aaron came in from the presence of the assembly to the doorway of the tent of meeting and fell on their faces. Then the glory of theĀ LordĀ appeared to them;

1 Chronicles 29:20

Then David said to all the assembly, ā€œNow bless theĀ LordĀ your God.ā€ And all the assembly blessed theĀ Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to theĀ LordĀ and to the king.

Revelation 7:11

And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

Genesis 17:3

Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

1 Kings 18:39

When all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, ā€œTheĀ Lord, He is God; theĀ Lord, He is God.ā€

Nehemiah 8:6

Then Ezra blessed theĀ LordĀ the great God. And all the people answered, ā€œAmen, Amen!ā€ while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped theĀ LordĀ with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 2:11

After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Matthew 17:6

VerseĀ Concepts

When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified.

Matthew 26:39

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, ā€œMy Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.ā€

1 Samuel 24:8

Now afterward David arose and went out of the cave and called after Saul, saying, ā€œMy lord the king!ā€ And when Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the ground and prostrated himself.

Ihateheadslamer and partners in crime..
Tochi3 irunoko SAMBARRY Ezeama400 Pakman Wutinky Sergio10 Rayban25

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by HeadNigga: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2023
In my house, I do it on my knees.

In the shop, I stand.

In the bus, I sit.

In the church, as instructed by the pastor.

I dedicate DADDY WEY DEY PAMPER to myself. Great jam!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2023
I lay in bed or kneel, a part of me thinks itā€™s immaterial and wonā€™t affect the outcome

5 Likes

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Prodigee: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2023
Anyway thatā€™s comfortable for you!

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by CaptMarvel(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2023
My kind of posture is not on that pix o.

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Almiron: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2023
Me I no dey pray o.

11 Likes

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Frontdude(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2023
As the spirit lead

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2023
undecided
Sitting yoga so I can connect my spirit properly....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by iCauseTrouble: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2023
My mind is so dirty. I was thinking different thing when I saw position / posture grin

9 Likes

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by blazepascal(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2023
;Bowing

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Vyzz: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2023
Thank you Jesus for all the little blessings that counts.

We don't appreciate you Enough

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Stronghold91: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2023
Ever8090:
Mine is kneeling down, and my best place to pray is on the mountain and in quiet places, time, is middle of the night...
you get it
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by ThefemaleKing: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2023
All of the above and rolling on the floor inclusive šŸ«¤
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by GRACEGLORY: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2023
As Christians, we're not called to religion (organized entity with rituals and practices), rather we're called to friendship (intimacy, and trust between two people, man and GOD).
Even though, we may kneel in honour of GOD, to show our submission outwardly, prayer is not dependent on body positions. Godā€™s clear emphasis is not on externals but on the heart.

GOD is my friend...
How do you speak to your friends?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Edipet(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2023
Posture does not matter, just communicate with God. With a pure heart

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by ItsReal: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2023
K
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Stronghold91: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2023
Almiron:
Me I no dey pray o.
your father
wetin concern us

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2023
cheesy
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by b3llo(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
that's my favourite. It helps me to stay focused. What track are we dedicating today?
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by flexyrule(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Does it really matter?
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by GorillaApp(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2023
[quote author=ebubeson post=124449566]Some may love kneeling down mostly when praying or standing or lying down or walking or sitting. Whichever way, let your prayers be of quality..

So what is your best posture or position when praying?[/quote

Why Una no dey give Una own answer first
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by hansomb: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2023
We Muslims observe all in one prayer . When my grandfather visited a non Muslim Dr. The doctor urge him to be doing light exercises to improve his body, mind and soul. My grandfather demonstrated the Muslim way of praying and the Dr says that mode of exercise is very good not knowing it a way Muslims pray compulsory/mandatory 5 times a day ( 2+4+4+3+4 combo) + other voluntary ones in-between. Islam is indeed a blessing to mankind.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by flexyrule(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Stronghold91:

your father
wetin concern us
The both of you don't have any business being on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Houseontherock1: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Walking...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers / Damilola Mike-bamiloye Prayed In Yoruba Language At A Christian Conference In US / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.