Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,865 members, 7,841,246 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War (1224 Views)

Solomon Dalung Wore This To Visit El-Rufai At Kaduna Govt House (Pics) / List Of Tinubu/buhari/el-rufai Paid Agents On Nairaland Finally Released. / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War by karlmax2: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2011
written by Republic Report New York 308 views View Comments
New York [RR] ABUJA—the challenge of administering a multi-system inside a multi-country called Nigeria will remain the tough issue in days, months and years to come if Nigeria didn’t break up as predicted by several intelligence agencies. Character and integrity remains the hallmark for administrative affectivity and efficiency of any society, including Nigeria.
PHOTO: General Buhari addressing the press over 2011 presidential election.

RepublicReport New York has learnt the former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari replied former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir el-Rufai of his recent attack at him, stating that El-Rufai lacked the “integrity and moral pedestal to refer to him as an expired politician and should therefore quit the stage”.

Variously sources told RepublicReport that the former minister was reported to have told two presidential aspirants, Generals Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida to quit the presidential race because “they are too old and having been in the system for so long”, adding, “the world is tilting towards generational change in governance”.

Buhari who spoke through the National Publicity Secretary of his party, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Dennis Aghanya, charged that Mallam el-Rufai, “based on his alleged corrupt background and shoddy performance as FCT Minister just a few years ago, lacks the moral authority to advise Nigerians on who stands the chance of providing them with good things of life, as their President in 2011.”

The Statement added, ”In contrast, Buhari spent all his years as the Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Minister of Petroleum and the Chairman of the defunct Petroleum [Special] Trust Fund (PTF) without an iota of corruption charges against him during and after discharging his duties in these capacities”.

Stating further, “How can el-Rufai compare these sterling qualities of Buhari, to his own dirty past and corruption-ridden administration even as Minister of Federal Capital Territory [FCT]”.

Sources told RR El-Rufai camp fired back stating: “…he is boldly contesting the false charges which the Yar’Adua government filed against him in court. It is strange that a Buhari who protests when unproven claims of N2.5 billion (about US $3billion in those days!) missing oil funds are leveled against him can gleefully elevate similar claims into facts when it concerns another. How would Buhari feel if the corruption allegations made against him by Group Captain Usman Jibrin, then a board member of PTF, are today reported as if they were proven facts? So much for “corrupt background” and “shoddy performance”.

Curiously who this accusation and counter accusations play-out depends on which audience you’re addressing at given pointing time and space.

Read Full Text Buhari & El-Rufai’s Responses below:

Response to General Muhammadu Buhari and his Party by Nasir El Rufai – ‘Buhari should stick to facts’

The attention of Mallam Nassir El-Rufai has been drawn to statements from Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida purporting to be responses to the advice he gave both men to retire.

Since Babangida libelled whole generations of Nigerian youth as being unfit for leadership, age has become an issue in the coming elections. While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. That is all El-Rufai asked of these men who seem to think that their failure to do their best for Nigeria when they had the chance qualifies them for a return to office. Our people surely deserve better.

El-Rufai is amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts. Mallam El-Rufai’s tenure as FCT minister was a period of stellar performance in remaking our federal capital. Despite the difficult decisions that had to be taken to restore Abuja, Mallam El-Rufai continues to receive deserved praise and recognition for his achievements in restoring the Abuja master plan, introducing Nigeria’s first computerized land registry and helping thousands of Nigerians achieve their dreams of home ownership in the federal capital. Buhari is perhaps one of a tiny few blinded by their prejudice from recognizing the quality of El Rufai’s service.

That same prejudice accounts for the baseless claims of corruption Buhari levels against El Rufai. The fact is that Mallam El-Rufai served Nigeria with integrity and has never been convicted of any corrupt act. He is boldly contesting the false charges which the Yar’Adua government filed against him in court. It is strange that a Buhari who protests when unproven claims of N2.5 billion (about US $3billion in those days!) missing oil funds are leveled against him can gleefully elevate similar claims into facts when it concerns another. How would Buhari feel if the corruption allegations made against him by Group Captain Usman Jibrin, then a board member of PTF, are today reported as if they were proven facts? So much for “corrupt background” and “shoddy performance”.

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known. In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law. Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials’ immunity even from truthful reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

Mallam El-Rufai respects both Generals Buhari and Babangida as elder statesmen. He believes their age, experience and guidance may contribute to the success of any future government. El-Rufai however believes that it is time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome democratic attitude to move our nation forward. The vicious response by the Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should retire is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his fledgling party and its leadership. Buhari and his cohorts may wish to reflect that it will take more than attacks on personalities to become electable. Having seen his version of discipline, Nigerians are not likely to cherish an encore. But they will welcome an engagement with the issues and problems of everyday life that have hobbled the peoples of this land.

2011: Buhari To El-Rufai: “You Lack Character to Criticize Me”.

Former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari yesterday replied former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir el-Rufai, saying he lacks the integrity and moral pedestal to refer to him as an expired politician and should therefore quit the stage.

The Presidential aspirant faulted the position of el-Rufai over his age, pointing out that age was not part of the criteria for election and performance in office. He noted that given his alleged corrupt background; he (el Rufai) was not in a position to advise Nigerians on whom to choose to lead them in 2011.

The former minister was reported to have told two presidential aspirants, Generals Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida to quit the presidential race because they are expired having been in the system for so long adding that the world is tilting towards generational change in governance.

Buhari who spoke through the National Publicity Secretary of his party, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Dennis Aghanya, charged that Mallam el-Rufai, “based on his alleged corrupt background and shoddy performance as FCT Minister just a few years ago, lacks the moral authority to advise Nigerians on who stands the chance of providing them with good things of life, as their President in 2011.”

Aghanya in a statement said the “remark by El Rufai has finally revealed his shallow grasp of global political history, and his complete ignorance of the issues at stake in the Nigerian polity. Whatever is his motivation for such bandy-legged pronouncement, we wish to remind him that there are some salient and undeniable points he needs to consider before raising his fingers in the direction of Buhari”.

It said el-Rufai should consider that age is not one of the criteria for governance, but integrity, accountability and a connection with the governed. These sterling qualities Buhari has, but which the former does not possess any. Buhari pointed out that el Rufai, who is currently embroiled in corruption charges leveled against him for his questionable administrative actions during his tenure as FCT minister was being misguided in his myopic view”.

The Statement added that ”In contrast, Buhari spent all his years as the Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Minister of Petroleum and the Chairman of the defunct Petroleum [Special] Trust Fund (PTF) without an iota of corruption charges against him during and after discharging his duties in these capacities.

This has nothing to do with age but character and a sense of patriotism in the discharge of one’s duty as an able public servant.

How can el-Rufai compare these sterling qualities of Buhari, to his own dirty past and corruption-ridden administration even as Minister of Federal Capital Territory [FCT] Abuja?

Re: 2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War by Beaf: 12:56am On Feb 19, 2011
Shame, Buhari seems to fight any thing that moves.
Re: 2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 19, 2011
this is the one of the more bizarre article published in the republic report being quoted

http://www.republicreport.com/abomination-will-increase-why-i-allowed-dad-to-impregnate-me%e2%80%94he-promised-to-pay-my-school-fees%e2%80%9416-year-old-girl/

New York [RR] ABUJA—a shocking revelation shows that a 16-year-old girl allegedly allowed her father to impregnate her because according to her “He promised to pay my school fees”, he said. But alleged father said “its devil’s handiwork”, Republic Report has learnt.

PHOTO: As abomination and iniquity increase in the land, henious acts like these will widen in our time; some say it’s signs of END OF TIME, reports.

The massive level of ignorance, stupidity and illiteracy is abysmally unfathomable in our time. According to various sources the 16-year-old girl, “who was allegedly impregnated by her father, has narrated how the randy man administered oath of secrecy on her before he deflowered her. She also narrated how the suspect, Sunday Olanrele, used payment of her school fees as a bait to turn her to a sex object”. Religious and sectarian organization called it abomination in the land.

Curiously, 16-year-old woman says, “I thought he was a good father. He gave me kolanut to eat and said I would die, if I revealed the secret. So, he started kissing, and caressing me and later deflowered me. When blood started gushing out from my private part, he used pampers to cover it. I did not tell anyone because of fear”, she alleged.

Read more….

The victim, Bola (not real name) disclosed how her mother told her to go and bring her school fees from her estranged husband, before he took advantage of it to have canal knowledge of her. “When I went there, my daddy started doing it again. He kept promising to give me the school fees. I ended up staying with him for many months and he was making love to me severally.”

The last straw that broke the camel’s back was when she spent seven days with her father five months ago.

“He slept with me all through and when I got home, I wanted to tell my mother but I was scared. So, I kept quiet,” she broke down in tears. The embattled girl also disclosed how her parents were estranged while her mother re-married, attributing it to her present ordeal.

According to her, their mother did not visit them for five years, while she (victim) was denied the opportunity of visiting her.

It was when she wanted to commit suicide by drinking battery fluid that one of her aunties took her and her younger brother to Ikorodu, Lagos State. It was also from Ikorodu that she went to her father’s house. “While I was in my father’s house, he brought out a calabash and kolanut and told me to swear an oath that I would not divulge what he was about to do with me.”

She explained that when her monthly menstrual circle ceased, she did not bother to disclose it to anybody. But her mother was said to have got information about the pregnancy and took her to a pastor, where she spilled the beans. The pastor was said to have given her assurance that she would not die, if she disclosed what transpired between her and her father.

“I told him that my father was responsible for the pregnancy,” she said.

The victim’s mother (names withheld) told Daily Sun she suspected a foulplay immediately her daughter came back from her father’s house. “I started perceiving offensive odour and asked her if she visited someone else, apart from her father and she said no. I called the father on phone and inquired the time she left his house and he told me. I reasoned that if she had gone to another person’s house, she wouldn’t have got home the time she did. From there, I knew something was wrong,” she said, fuming.

The woman disclosed that she later brought a magazine and showed her a story of where a father impregnated his daughter.

“She was devastated after reading the story. That was when I knew that the father had done something abominable.”

Few weeks later, the girl started showing pregnancy symptoms. “I took her to the hospital for pregnancy test and it indicated that she was four months pregnant. I requested to know who was responsible and she refused to tell me,” she said.

That was when she took her to the pastor where she opened up. The angry mother said she was now faced with the shame associated with the stigma on the family. “I’m confused, I am ashamed of the stigma. The pregnancy is over five months now. So, abortion is out of it. I’m in a dilemma now. I can’t procure abortion of five months old foetus,” she lamented.

The suspect, who admitted committing the crime, said he didn’t know what came over him that made him to deflower his daughter.

“I think, it is the devil’s plan to destroy me. I know it is an abominable act. I’m sorry, I regret my action. Nigeria police and my estranged wife should forgive me,” he said.

what next - team gej will start posting quotes from national encomium?

desperation ehn

drunken fisherman style
Re: 2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 19, 2011
more incoherent rubbish from republic reports

Bombshell Revelation: Pastor Bakare & Others Used SNG’s Name,In Five Secret Visits To Aso-Villa–Reports
13 February 2011 written by Republic Report New York 114 views View Comments

New York [RR] ABUJA–Aso-Rock, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja is Nigeria presidential Mecca, where many visitors troop to, on a daily basis seeking one political favor or the other. Sources say, secret nocturnal meetings exploded during ex-military-despot Ibrahim Babadmosi Babangida’s regime,who hurriedly moved seat of POWER from Lagos commercial center, to Abuja after he survived Orkar Coup in the 90s. Recognizable name like Wole Soyinka (was a regular visitor to Aso-Rock during Obasanjo administration 1999 to 2007); Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo leadership, Christian and Muslim leaders, Yourba groups, activists and other political groupings paid homage to Aso-Rock, in purported ”moving Nigeria forward”, fallacies.

Curiously, new emerging reports show that former Pastor of Latter Rain Church located in Lagos,

[PHOTO: Former Pastor of Latter Rain Church, Tunde Bakare]

Pastor Tunde Bakare and some SNG friends used SNG platform as front for their political ambitions, it said, he visited Aso-Villa more than (5-times) during these nocturnal meetings, again using Save Nigeria Group (SNG) platform as a front.

Meanwhile, Pastor Bakare reports alleged ”usually collect their transport fare each time they visited”.

“Now, if they visited more than five times, compute how much that would amount to…”. “It’s Nigeria way of doing things, not corrupt Nigeria culture, but we give transport fare to our suppporters as sign of appreciation for their mobilization supports, ”.

“… the last they visited they collected 50,000,00 US dollars worth of Nigeria currrency”. And, when it leaked to their SNG leadership, they decided to return it”, credible insider at the presidency told RepublicReport New York.

Another source told RR “the money was never returned”.

It must be recalled that last year, 2010 Pastor Bakare, salihu Lukman and Yinka Odumakin were suspended from SNG for “activities inimical to the objectives of the SNG despite several warnings”. That activities inimical to the objectives of the SNG despite several warning include collecting money from presidential aspirants, and that “$50,000.00 from Aso Rock Villa”.

RR gathered from authoritative source that aforementioned individuals pursued personal political agenda by holding nocturnal meetings with some politicians and presidential aspirants, such as ACN ‘imposed Candidate” Nuhu Ribadu and others. Fresh emerging reports say Rhibadu held a meeting today, Friday, with Muhammadu Buhari for possible merger between ACN/CPC, with chances Yinka Odumakin will maintain spokesman’s trophy, to face Jonathan led PDP in April 2011 polls.

Up until now, nobody has explained comprehensively the fundamentals of alleged nocturnal meetings that Pastor Tunde Bakare and co held secret meetings with presidential aspirant were in connected with that were “inimical to the objectives” of SNG, last year, 2010.

Mr. Benedict Ezeagu and Willy Ezugwu, “…while briefing newsmen in Abuja said Pastor Bakare along with two other activists, Salihu Lukman and Yinka Odumakin were suspended for allegedly engaging in activities inimical to the objectives of the SNG despite several warnings. Specifically, the faction accused the suspended persons of using the name of the SNG to pursue personal political agenda by holding nocturnal meetings with some politicians and presidential aspirants”.

Finally, this bombshell revelation show that Ex-pastor of Latter Rain Church Tunde Bakare and other used SNG as front, and visited Aso-Rock for more than five times, and each time asking and collecting transport fare at whopping $50,000 US dollars, the source added.

RepublicReport source disclosed remarked:

“I called Tunde Bakare and asked him about the visits and $50,000.00 US dollars, he admitted that these monies were transport fare”, insdier source at the presidency who declined to give his name because of the senstivity of the matter, disclosed to us in a telephone interview. Our source added, “Tunde Bakare and others visited Aso-Rock more than 5-times and they cannot deny it”.

Pastor Tunde Bakare two weeks ago, was nominated by CPC/former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari the CPC flag-bearer for April 2011 polls, as his running-mate. A month ago or so before that, CPC-Party Organization appointment Odumankin as CPC spokesman, both Bakare and Odumankin were former members of 2010 Save Nigerian Group (SNG) organization respectively that campaigned vigoriously in support of then Acting President Jonathan to become the substantive President of the Federal Repbulic of Nigeria.

Reports alleged Pastor Tunde Bakare and company expected some form of compassession by way of Ministrial appointment of something better, but became disappointed that all their effort went down the drain. Meanwhile, after Jonathan became the substantive president of the country sidelined SNG and brought in his friends from Delta and other places who never matched one day, to support him.

Our attempt to reach spokesman of Congress For Progressive Change (CPC) Yinka Odumankin or Pastor Tunde Bakare for their reaction failed
Re: 2011: General Buhari & El-rufai At War by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 19, 2011
the biafra sun in the logo should tell you all you need to know

(1) (Reply)

How Pdp Can Win Lagos / Lets Annihilate Northern Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.