Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,604 members, 7,770,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

Some Frequently Asked Questions About Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Frequently Asked Questions About Blogging (159 Views)

Everything you need to know about Blogging/website + Google adsense In Nigeria / 7 Popular Lies About Blogging That You Should Know / The Real Facts About Blogging As A Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Frequently Asked Questions About Blogging by clickloaded(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Blogging: Amateurs Cordial Guide [Step-by-Step]

Let’s face it, even with the information above, you’ll still run across a couple of roadblocks in your blogging journey.

I can’t promise that I can help you solve every problem you encounter along the way. However, I do have the answers to some of the frequently asked questions in the blogging industry.

Q. Do I need to be an expert to be a proficient blogger?

While you need accurate and updated knowledge, you don’t need to be a long-time expert to write compelling blog posts.

Blogging is a never-ending learning experience. It doesn’t matter how many years you have under your belt — there will always be new things to learn.

You do, however, need to do tremendous amounts of research whenever you write articles.

Since your brand is on the line whenever you publish content, you can’t afford to make factual mistakes.

Q. How much does it cost to start a blog?

To be honest, not a lot.

If you’re happy with a subdomain from a blog publishing service, you can actually get started for free. Even if you decide to purchase your own domain, you might still be spending less than $10 a month.

Should you choose a self-hosted WordPress.org website, domain registration and hosting are your primary expenses. The other assets you need, like themes and plugins, are provided for free — unless you purchase from third-party providers.

Combined, domain registration and hosting shouldn’t exceed over $20 during the first month.

Q. Should I quit my full-time job and focus on blogging?

Absolutely not.

Don’t expect your blog to start making thousands right away. Truth be told, your blogging expenses will most likely exceed your profits during the first year.

Until your blog becomes self-sustaining, you should hold on to any steady source of income.

Q. What’s the difference between and WordPress.org?

Everybody knows that WordPress is the most popular blogging software in the world.

In simple terms, WordPress.org is a free content management system that’s compatible with almost every web host.

, on the other hand, is a premium service that consolidates everything you need in one platform. That includes domain registration, web hosting, WordPress themes, and so on.

has a more streamlined user interface and slightly better usability. On the flip side, WordPress.org is significantly more flexible — not to mention the vast library of plugins that expand functionality.

Q. How long should my blog posts be?

Okay — this can be tricky.

Studies suggest that articles between 2,250 and 2,500 words rank well on search engines. However, blog content can become boring if it drags on for too long.

The solution? Just write content as comprehensively as you can.

If there’s a piece of information that can help readers solve their problem, feel free to include it. Just try to avoid fluff as much as possible and don’t worry too much about word counts.

Q. How often should I post?

Similar to the previous question, there’s no correct number of times to publish content on your blog.

While it’s definitely important to keep your blog updated with fresh posts regularly, don’t pressure yourself to needlessly publish content. Take your time, focus on promoting your previous posts, and never rush a blog post

Blogging: Amateurs Cordial Guide [Step-by-Step]

(1) (Reply)

How To Know The Phone Someone Used To Log Into Your Facebook Account / Onepress - Responsive Magazine & News Premium Blogger Template / How To Get 1gb On Airtel Using VPN App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.