Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

A Letter To The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (citizens) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (citizens) (183 Views)

Have You Received Your Share Of The Federal Government Grant / Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers / A Letter To Peter Obi By Meshack Katuka, Kaduna Ex Corper Who Served In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (citizens) by xanaxattacc12: 5:14am On Aug 26, 2020
Although we are in a time of Turbulence, as a Nigerian American I want to share with you my own thoughts on how I see my country.

My country is vast ,filled with many different cultures , tribes and traditions. It's a great country filled with great people since the time humans have stepped foot on its sacred soil. We have been through colonialism, slavery, tribal wars, civil wars, and this great nation has been able to stand through and through.

Okay. Enough of the Romanticizing . I really want to address the issue of how the world treats us and sees us.

Take a look of the situation of Nigerians in China. If we were a world power, would we be treated that way? If these were Americans, there could've been a cold war between the countries. Even then , the situation could've made headlines. Why are our people (and africans) left to salvage the leftovers of the World? One Answer: Us.

If we had conditioned ourselves to become a world power, we wouldn't be pushed and torn over, we wouldn't have countries laughing behind our backs after handing out their 100th foreign aid of the day, which will go to satanic agents and enemies of progress we call our leaders or being the definition of the world's needy and hungry.

Now, although I am fully aware that being a world power won't solve all the problems the common Nigerian faces every blessed day but it will at least remove some of the pain and suffering and shame we face.

One person to blame for this failure is no other than Mr. Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari, for his ability to make empty promises but at the end of the day, become a mascot of the UK in medical tourism .But the blame is not only on him. We also have a role to play in the development of the great Republic. And we must do so by:

1. Understanding that all hope is not lost, no matter how hard it may be

2. To not wait on enemies of progress (politicians and leaders) to make changes

3. Engaging a sense of Nationalism e.g. manufacturing our products and needs, making the country better for us Instead of buying merchandise from people with an intent to destroy us (Bugged Techno phones and countless devices)

4. Setting aside all our differences and uniting as one nation, undivided

Takeaway: Nigeria is a Crouching Tiger that needs to be unleashed.

(1) (Reply)

Your New Promises, Deceptive, Empty, PDP Taunts Buhari / New Era For Niger Delta / Harassment Of Nigerians: FG Gives Ghana Last Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.