Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,980 members, 7,814,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Faith - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Faith (264 Views)

The Faith Fighters / My Faith, My Destiny - Episode 1 / Act Of Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faith by RealLordZeus(m): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
As I crouched along the bushes, the hair along my neck raised, my heart palpitated, beating with a speed that threatens to jump out of its closet. I know that feeling; it’s my unique way of sensing impending danger, the feeling of being monitored, hunted. I could feel their eyes on me yet I can’t say I’m scared, in fact I am enthusiastic about the collision.

Tired of being watched like a hunted animal, I stepped out of my hiding, clutching my sidebag with my left hand while holding the Rune Paper with my hand tightly as if my life depends on it and truly it does.

An eerie sound silently roam the forest, I know the game and I’m well prepared.

I raised my voice “You have violated the inter realm codes by wandering around in this realm, forcefully inhabiting the bodies of several humans, responsible for the death of..”

I skillfully dodged the piece of wood flying in my direction, Thanks to my enhanced mental alertness, I stepped to the left by a few inches and missed a flying shrub headed in the direction of head. I could see the two of them now, standing about a stone throw to where I was. I strained my eyes further to see if there were more but …

GBAM.. I did not see the tree bark until a few inches away, blocking with the elbow, it knocked me of my feet, sending me off a few feet before landing at the bottom of a gigantic tree in the background, bruising my back in the process.

“Enough” I screamed. I was very furious, adrenaline coursing through my veins, all my survival instincts kicking in.

I could see them attacking now, running towards me, baring their fangs and exposing the spikes on their chest. I stood up, steadied myself and calculated all possible moves and outcomes within seconds. I waited.

Few Inches to where I stood, they both raised their tentacles to stab me which made them tilt forward,, seizing that opportunity, I bend, glide through the opening between their legs, and before they were able to comprehend my movement I struck the Rune paper I was holding at the back of the one close to me.

A loud shriek rang through the forest, which seems to fuel the second creature as the unfortunate one was already going down. The attack became more aggressive, short and fast with more power but I balanced myself against its blows; blocking, dodging until it started getting slow. I could feel its power waning, I was enjoying the fight, taunting it, waiting for that costly mistake which will leads to its final annihilation.

But the creature seemed to gain understanding, as it seemed to pull back, trying to regain its strength. This, I could not allowed, it has been long enough, not that I have anywhere else to be, but I don’t mind leaving here as quickly as possible. With these formed thoughts, I dipped my hand in the strap bag, pulled out the other Rune paper, within 3 seconds, I created the kill zone.

Upon sensing what I was doing, the creature tried to escape but it was too late as the zone has already been created, it will be magnetically attracted to the zone where I will do the needful.

I can see it trying to break the pull, but I know how impossible that is, so I watched while it struggle feebly against the forces, patiently waiting as it was being pulled. A few inches to the zone, I got tired of watching, place the rune on its neck, it was powerless to do anything now as all its energy has been expelled against the pull. A loud shriek rang through the forest the second time that time, whilst the creature dissolve in its own body.

Again I felt nothing, no pity, no remorse, no sense of victory. It was as if I finish a daily simple task like brushing. The sun is still shining, probably mid-noon. I will need a good distraction to pass through the day.
This was my 25th encounter with the demons roaming the world.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Okay To Cry / Make Profits Every 10 Days Without Stress / CV And Cover Letter Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.