Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,004 members, 7,825,107 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Act Of Faith - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Act Of Faith (8698 Views)

An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) / Is Your Job Sucking Your Blood? Take This Leap Of Faith! / Act Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Act Of Faith

Dye Act Of A Killer

By Gabriel Akilozi

www.a2spot.com Production.

Copyrigh©2017 Gabriel Akilozi All right reserved. No part of this publication is meant to be reproduced, stored or transmitted into any sort of retrieval system without the prior written permission of the author. The story Act of Faith is a book written and compiled by Gabriel Akilozi, so it shouldn’t be pirated in any form.

No character in this book has any connection or resemblance to anyone either dead or alive, any form of resemblance to any personality is a pure coincident.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
PROLOGUE
Date: 17th of October 2007 10 Years from The
present.

In the middle of a jungle never heard of being
inhabited by man stood a tall building, not just .a
tall building but an environs of buildings. Trees
could be seen harboring animals like snakes of
different species, Monkeys could also be seen
jumping from tree to tree happily so also
squirrels. On one of the buildings was a Mark,
call it the Mark of Newriton.

In a room located at the extreme top of one of
the large buildings, stood multitude of skilled
fighters all dressed in a black Jacket and trouser.
In front of the crowd is a man putting on a suit
and beside him stood another young man who
was dressed like the other fighters but not
standing with them. Newriton is an institute
specialized in the training of secret spies and
Crime fighters, it is located in the isolated part of
Lagos state, somewhere that can be best referred
to as a Jungle. Newriton is filled with different
kind of buildings, each building serve a purpose
and are different units from the others. In the
middle of the environs stood a sculptured Mark,
its is the same mark on most of the buildings in
Newriton, The mark of Newriton.

” You are not to be seen here again, from now
onward, you seize to be part of us” The man in
suit said to the young man standing beside him,
his voice reverberated in the hall. The young man
gradually pulled his uniform, he was wearing
another piece of clothing underneath. Some
guards came forward and seized him by the hand,
he turned back to look at the man in suit as tears
fell down his eyes, he was carried out of the hall
building and taken outside where is bags and
baggage had been neatly arranged, he carried
them sorrowfully and left the jungle. ” This
should serve as a warning to you all, anyone of
you caught in the act of stealing, will share the
same fate as he” The man in suit said and walked
away from the hall leaving the fighters, he is Sir
Ajan, the king of justice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 1 Title: A spy is back

” I sat at the extreme back seat of the long slow and Steady bus,yeah, that was the name of the bus, slow and Steady. It has been six years now and am going back home. I have spent most of my years training as a spy and also a crime fighter, it had not been easy but nothing good ever comes easy. I rose from a family of five children, I am the second child and unlike other middle born, I happen to be choleric. I grew up in the small village of Atata in the eastern region. I am not naturally from the east but that was where I grew up. I attended the local primary school, I also finished my secondary school and then my uncle decided to take me to the city, it was there I got trained to be a spy, my uncle actually registered me in the institute. We were given tough trainings, I learned to climb trees like monkeys, squeeze myself through tiny holes like earthworms and Cats, fight against bigger boys in camp, eat stone like breads and fight for my right. Some of us died in camp, only the fittest survived. Some had to fight wild animals for their lives, some died during what we call test of faith, while others during trainings. One thing about us is that, no matter what happens, you are never to reveal your identity as a spy. Thank God for me, after everything, the ups and downs, I finally made it alive, but my face have a different story to tell. I was still handsome but not like I used to be. My name is Gabriel, I am a 24 year old spy, am going back home now after six years, not going home to be useless, I’m going to rest until the institute have a mission for me. The bus finally entered Atata village , the place had not changed a bit, it was still how it was six years back when I left the village. The ground was still filled with red sand, try trekking down a little bit and you will gladly have a beautifully decorated red trouser, you would be so lucky if the trouser happens to be a white one. Okay, back to reality, my name is Gabriel and after six years am coming back home. I nodded my head to the song being played from the small radio in the bus ♪ hello my friend have you been, yesterday are back again …♪

• Eze Ani the chief priest of Ani stood in front of the Igwe and his cabinet members, he was holding his long iron rod with which he would hit on the ground at intervals, I had come to the palace with my dad, my dad had actually brought me to show me to the igwe, his long time son is back. ” igwe, the gods are angry” Eze Ani the chief priest of Ani shouted after a while as he hit his iron rod on the tile floor of the igwe palace, he is an old man probably in his eighties, he is a tall thin man that looks like he was going to fall any moment but no, the man stood strong, where he got his strength from, no one knows. Beside him is a young woman, probably in her thirties, she was weeping sorrowfully, in her hand lies a dead young man, a teenager to be precise, probably her son or brother. ” Eze Ani, please speak up, what have we done to deserve this, why is it during my reign that my people starts dying like chickens? What have we done to anger the gods?” The igwe spoke shaking his hands, the igwe is also an elderly man. ” Ani has refused to speak, there shall be more deaths, more more people are still going to die, blood will flow” Eze Ani the chief priest of Ani said. ” This boy should not be buried, let his body be thrown into the forest of Ani” the chief priest of Ani said again as he hit his iron rod on the floor and chanted out. I looked at the dead boy, he had a cut in his stomach region, by my level of experience I knew it would be a sword cut . That was a bit surprising, does that mean the gods go about killing people with sword? I asked myself. My mom has once told me that the gods are mysterious and can kill anyhow, but damn it, I am a Christian, I dont believe in gods, I believe in God. ” Ah, my good friend the wine tapper” the igwe hailed my dad, all the elders had left, they left after Eze Ani, none of them seems to like the igwe, they believe he brought all this deaths upon their land, the body of the dead guy was also carried away by the king’s guards, it was wrapped in a white cloth, it was to be dumbed in the forest of Ani. ” Igwe eee,may you live longer than your ancestors” my father greeted as he prostrated in front of the igwe, I also prostrated but did not say anything. ” Get up omiyi my friend” the igwe said to my dad and my dad obeyed, the igwe then looked at me , he narrowed his eyes to help him have a clearer view of me. ” Omiyi, is this not that your son that went to the city some years back?” The igwe asked my father. ” yes igwe, so you still remember him?” My father replied him. ” Oyinbo, come here” the igwe called me , I went to him and knelt down. ” my son may you live long” the igwe said as he touched my head with a small rod. ” Amen” I said while the Igwe laughed. ” Oyinbo, you should say iseee” he corrected me. ” iseee” I said as I got up. Oyinbo, isn’t my name, it is actually a way of calling a white man. Me going to the city has automatically made me a white man. ” Oyinbo, I hope you are going to help your father in bringing his fresh palm wine to me everyday?” the king asked while I nodded, imagine a trained spy now turned a palm wine server. We stayed a little bit long in the king palace, the king even served us kola, I took it but did not eat, I simply dont like kolas. As a little child, I have heard so much about the forest of Ani, they say it happens to be filled with bodies of those who died mysteriously. Rumor has it that the spirits of those people normally roam round the land of Atata at night, that is why if you listen well in the midnight, you are sure to hear strange sounds. When I was much younger, I had actually believed all this rubbish but as the years went by, after all my exposure, I concluded that it was just trash, mere trash and those strange sounds you hear at night are either from crickets or owls. I and my father left the palace happily that day, it was a nice time with the igwe. I happen to be the most favourite child of my dad even as a little boy,my dad isn’t tgat a young man, he is in his forties. You know, this village men, they give birth to children anyhow. He gave birth to his first child, my elder sister at the age of 18, I happen to be his second child , I have two younger sisters and a brother, they are all in secondary school, the village secondary school to be precise. ” Oyinbo, from tomorrow, you will start helping me in my wine business” my dad said as we walked back home. ” Dad, why don’t you stop this wine business, I have made enough money to help you open..” I was interrupted. ” My son, my fathers did this wine business, from this wine business, I had been able to train you all in school, I can not stop it ” my dad said smiling and patting me, I just had to comply with him, does the fact that your fathers did the business make the business unchangeable? I asked myself again, anyways that was their belief.

• My immediate younger brother is John, if am not mistaken, he should be 18 years now. He is the most handsome of us, he is fair , tall and muscular as I am , he is in his final class in secondary school, his ambition is to be a lawyer. I had also wanted to be a medical doctor but condition changed it for me. Anyways I am more happy now as a spy , I get paid for doing nothing, of course I deserve to be paid after all those killer trainings we went through. The fourth child, Linda, she happens to be a talkative, she is 16 years and got no respect for anyone, she is the most stubborn of us all, she goes about the village fighting people, especially boys, she hates boys, I just dont know why. The last child is Charity, yeah her name is charity, she is very calm and behaves exactly like me, she is cool and fun to be with. She is 12 years and the most intelligent of us all. My first sister is married, she stays with her husband in a neighbouring village, her name , faith, she should also be in her twenties like me, but in her late twenties
My mom use to be the most beautiful village maiden when she was much younger, she also happens to be the best dancer during her time, it was her dance steps that brought my dad to her. ” Dad , what is all this deaths about?” I asked my dad as we walked home that day.

” My son, I fail to believe that the gods are actually responsible for all this” my dad whispered to me as he turned his neck left and right like a gossiper.
Re: Act Of Faith by segzyndpep(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
Following
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 2 Title: Adanna Of Atata ” What do you mean dad? ” I asked my old man . ” I just find it difficult to believe that the gods of our land are the one doing this, the gods can’t just decide to punish us for nothing. If we had truly offended the gods, they should have asked us for sacrifice like they had always asked” My dad said again ” Dad do you have any proof that the gods are not the one doing this?” I asked him smiling but he shook his head the negative. ” I am just thinking so, never in history has the gods decided to start killing its people most especially the youths” he said while I laughed. ” maybe the gods are angry and doesn’t want sacrifices ” I told my dad , ” Angry over what?” He asked me, ” Angry over something you guys might have done sometimes back” I said to myself but found it difficult to believe that the gods happen to be serial killers. • As a spy, I have to always be secretive, no one is meant to know my true identity, not even my family members except of course my uncle, he was the one who registered me in the institution, he surprisingly happens to be part of the founder of the institute in the late eighties, not even my dad knows of it. They only knew I went to the city to acquire the white man’s knowledge. I had come back home the previous day with just my travelling bag and a briefcase, the travelling bag contained my clothes and the briefcase, contained my spying tools, like my small pistol and some small knives. The briefcase is locked in such a way that I alone can open it, a type of security lock. • We finally got home after the long trekking with my dad, my once green trouser had gotten a new red decoration, all thanks to the dust from Atata road. My mom was roasting yam in a small hut which serves as our kitchen, my younger ones were with her. ” Mama, good evening” I greeted trying to prevent the smokes from the firewood with which the yam was being roasted from getting into my eyes. ” My son,you and your father just left us alone since morning, you know it has been six years now of not seeing you, you should always be by my side ” she said turning the yam over, my dad must have entered into his quarters, he didn’t branch to greet, he knew his wife wont let him rest with complains of him not coming back early. ” Were you not hungry?” my mom asked me again, ” Of course mom, we were hungry and that was why we came back now, we should have stayed a bit longer” I said smiling while she looked at me and hissed. ” What took you people so long in the palace?” She asked me again, this time my siblings had all gone in. ” Mom, whats up with all this death stuff here and there?” I asked her as she turned the yam again. Unlike my dad, my mom happens to be an indigene of Atata, my dad had met her when he had came to witness their new yam festival, that was a long time ago. The singular fact that my mom is an indigene of Atata land explains why she so much believe all this their ancient stuff. ” my son, the gods are angry, no young girl or boy is safe in this land again, they die day by day, even the elderly ones are not safe again in this village, there had been some few cases of the old ones also being killed mysteriously” my mom told me without looking up at me. ” Does it mean that the gods kill people with swords?” I asked her smiling. ” my son, the gods can kill anyhow they want, they can make one’s death look real or mysterious” my mom said again while I nodded and also went inside to rest, leaving my Mom alone in the small hut . Sooner or later, I plan to renovate this whole house. • I sat in my room that evening, the room was a small tight one. I wonder why my family does not want to follow me to the city, I have a well furnished bungalow there. As I sat that evening, I remembered the mark of the sword made on that dead guy, with that mark, I was convinced that the gods must be good at sword fight, we can’t tell if they are part of those Chinese gods, they might be well trained, skillful sword fighters. I tried picturing the scene of how the whole incidence must have happened,the young man must have been coming out from his hut that morning, probably going to the farm and then as he came out he was met by a sword circling the air, just as he was about to run away, the sword came down and cut him. How else could it have happened if not that way, very typical of African belief, and thanks to Nigerian movies, they made us believed all these. ” But let’s come to think of it, does these so called gods really exist?” I asked myself but got no answer. ” I dont know what to believe anymore” I said to myself after a while . ” Come of it gabi, you are a well trained spy, you shouldn’t believe in all those superstitions” I said to myself again but I remembered I slept off that night still contemplating if anything like “the gods” really existed. • Droplet of spherically shaped water could be seen hanging at the tip of a leaf of the avocado tree in the middle of our compound, at intervals, the drop would fall and another one would take its place. I stood outside tying a wrapper like the way most Young men of Atata normally tied theirs, I was carrying a wine keg and a cutlass. I had never for once ever tapped palm wine but today, I have decided to give it a try. I adjusted the wrapper which I tied across my arms, I wore a black singlet beneath it which made me look different from other young men of Atata who would only tie the wrapper beneath their bare chest. I whistled a song at I left my father big compound, I was heading to the Atata village stream. The Atata stream isn’t a very big one as one would imagine, but the unique thing about it was that it happened to be surrounded with palm trees,not only palm trees but other trees although the palm trees dominated. That’s where men tap their wine from. I didn’t go with the climbing rope, you dont really expect a trained crime fighter like me to climb a common palm tree with a rope. I got to the stream after some minutes of trekking, there was no one there, even the village maidens had not come to fetch water or have their bath yet. I remembered as a little boy then, I would sneak away from home at the exact time the maidens of Atata are to have their bath and head to the stream to have a clear view of something beyond me, I usually take cover among the small trees near the stream then, I dont miss such things. I looked around for a matured palm tree and climb up it like a cat, the keg was at my back while the cutlass was by my side, it was in its shaft. I did the normal thing, and then tied the keg on the tree to receive the fresh wine till the next day. I came back to the ground after I was done . I turned around to go back home, and then I saw Joy approaching, she was coming to fetch water. Joy happen to be that girl who I had been trying so hard to get since my childhood days but couldn’t, she also happen to be my neighbor, she lives with her parent opposite my father’s house. I sure is not the only one trying to get her, virtually all the village young men . Who wouldn’t want to have the village most beautiful maiden as his girl? Call her Joy or Adanna, she is the village most beautiful maiden.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 8:22am On Jul 31, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 3 Title: Mbe The Cat Joy is also an indigene of Atata. As at now, she happens to be the village most beautiful maiden. She has so many qualities you would want in a lady. She should be in her early twenties just like I am but I know I am about a year or two older than she is. That morning, she was tying a small wrapper across her chest to cover her breast and also a small wrapper around her waist, the wrapper was not up to her knee and it revealed some appreciable part of her fresh laps. She was also wearing waist beads around those her massive waist, a line drawn with some kind of blackish substance could be seen running down her forehead to her Jaw, it could also be seen in the lower part of her stomach which was not covered by the wrapper used to cover her breast,her abdominal region. Her hairstyle is the local type and beautifully decorated with small beads. She is indeed very pretty, it isn’t shocking she is the village most beautiful maiden. ” Good morning” I greeted her while she stopped to try figure out where she must have seen my face. ” Good morning” she finally greeted back and made to walk away, apparently she couldn’t recognize me. ” Adanna” I called her by her native name while she stopped,she dropped her pot and turned to me. ” You know me?” She asked with a surprise look. ” of course I do, have you forgotten that your neighbour, the one that went to the…” I was trying to make her remember me but she interrupted . ” Gabriel, the son of the palm wine tapper” she said while I smiled and nodded. She took a good look at me, she eyed me from head to toe before hissing and made to leave. I wasn’t surprised by her attitude, I had been a very annoying guy when I was much younger,once upon a time I had broken her water pot in the stream, it wasn’t intentional, I wanted to help her carry it. ” Hey Joy, I am not that troublesome guy anymore” I said as I walked up to her where she stood dipping her pot in the stream water.” I didn’t say you are” she replied without looking back at me, she bent her waist to dip her pot more into the flowing water, this act made me have a clearer view of her fresh laps. ” What are you looking at?” She asked me as she stood up straight , she was done fetching and was about to put the pot on her head. ” I won’t allow you place that pot on your beautiful head, let me help you” I said as I stretched my hand to take the pot away from her but she beat my hands off. ” The last time you helped me, you broke my pot. Maybe I should tell you what happened that day when I got home, my mom made me kneel down all night without eating” she said, the pot was on the ground this time. ” That was then, you mom can’t beat you now if I break the pot, you are now a big girl ” I said smiling while she laughed and clapped her hands in a mocking manner. ” So you actually plan to break the pot again?” She asked as she continued to clap. ” No, I dont plan doing so” I replied her. She bent to pick the pot again, this brought about another revelation of her fresh laps. ” I am serious, I won’t let you carry that pot ” I said as I also bent down to carry the pot, she stood upright again eyeing me from head to toe. ” I thought you said you aren’t troublesome any more?” She asked me. ” Yeah, I am a calm guy now” I told her . ” Then let me carry my pot and go now, my mother will be waiting for me o” she said again. ” Then your mother will have to wait till night, I won’t let you carry this pot ” I said to her, I was looking directly into her eyes. ” But come to think of it, which young man of Atata have you seen carrying a pot for any maiden of this village before?” She asked me. ” I myself won’t carry a pot for any maiden of Atata, I will only carry the pot of the most beautiful maiden of Atata” I told her while she smiled , her smile revealed her perfect white set of teeth, there was an opening between her two front teeth. ” so you won’t let me carry my pot?” She asked smiling. ” Yeah, I won’t let you” I replied her. ” Okay then” she said and started to walk away while I carried the pot with one hand and lifted it to my head. ” Chii mo, who helped you in lifting the pot?” She screamed as I ran up to her with the pot on my head, she turned back to see if there was someone else in the stream but no one was there. ” The gods helped me” I told her smiling. We continued to walk and talk about time past, our childhood days and all the bad things we had done back then. ” so how is the city like?” She asked me as we concluded our earlier discussion ” The city is a fine place, full of people with serious mind, dont worry, I will take you there one of these days” I said to her smiling. ” Why will you take me there?” She asked twisting her mouth ” Because you are the most beautiful maiden of Atata land, maidens like you are meant to be in the city not here in Atata” I said to her also smiling. ” My parents won’t even allow you take me to the city” she said again. ” Your mother will have no choice when I get married to you” I replied while she clapped her hands in the mockery manner and bursted out in laughter . ” Marry me? the gods forbid it” she said ” The gods have already bided it” I replied her while she hissed and went ahead of me. She suddenly stopped , it was like she saw someone. I looked ahead of her and saw Mbe the cat, he is actually called the cat because his back had never touched the ground in any fight, he happens to be the village most skillful wrestler. I remember our childhood days, he had been a big time bully, always bullying small boys like me. ” Gabriel please drop the pot and go, I dont want Mbe to come meet you here, he has actually been on my neck lately, beating every young man he sees me with, please run” Joy said holding my left hand and shaking them vigorously , Mbe was already covering up on us. ” Am ready to receive any beating just for you” I said smiling, Mbe was now some steps away from us. ” What are you doing with her?” He shouted as he ran towards me and pushed me to the ground, Joy water pot fell from my hands and broke into pieces. ” Oh joy, I have broken your pot again” I said as I fell to the ground.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2018
Cc; Lalasticlala come and see this one o
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 4 Title: A serial killer I wanted to get up from the floor but Mbe immediately pounced on me. He went into business immediately as he started baptizing my face with hot punches. I didn’t fight back, not because I couldn’t fight back but because I was a spy. My fighting back could bring about suspicion and may threaten my identity. He left my face region and continued to land his punches on my stomach. I was feeling the pain of his punches, but I didn’t react, blood stains could now be visibly seen on my lips. ” Mbe let him be” Joy shouted as she came forward to hold him but he pushed her away with one hand and she landed on the ground, she got up again. ” Please Mbe, leave him alone” she shouted again as she came towards us. like the previous time, she landed on the ground again. Before I could tell what was happening, Mbe lifted me up from the ground and drew me heavily to the ground. He came towards me again and continued to baptize my face with his punches, I could only hope and pray for help. ” poo” I heard and opened my eyes, someone had hit Mbe with a wood from behind, it was a young man, a fine looking young man, we should be of the same age grade. Mbe groaned in pains as the young man continued to hit him with the wood. ” Come let’s go” Joy said as she dragged me up. The young man came towards me and lifted me up his shoulder like a baby, he held Joy with the other hand and we ran away to a safe place. ” Drop me down” I said calmly to the young man as we reached a place far away from the stream, even if he doesn’t want to say, I knew my weight must have made him tired now. ” Are you certain you can walk now?” The young man asked showing no sign of tiredness, i nodded. He dropped me gently to the floor and I stood up slowly. ” Thank you” I said placing my left hand on his shoulder.” Gabriel, am sorry” Joy said staring at me, she had been crying. ” its okay joy, so I broke your water pot again?” I said trying hard to smile, she also smiled. ” You welcome man, I am Alvana” the guy said as he also placed his hand on my shoulder, ” Thanks Alvana” I said while he nodded. ” I was on my way to the farm when I met you guys, I should be going now” Alvana said and left us. ” Am really sorry Gabriel” Joy said as she touched my swollen cheeks. ” you didn’t do it to me, so don’t be sorry” I said as I walked forward. ” should I escort you home? ” she asked while I stopped and turn to her. ” Am ain’t going home yet, I am going to your house” I said to her. ” Why?” She asked sharply. ” To tell your mom that after all this beatings I have received today, even the gods will find her guilty if she doesn’t give me your hands in marriage” I said while she laughed and twisted her mouth, I actually like the way she do twist her mouth. ” I am actually going to explain how your pot got broken” I said. ” But I can explain myself” she countered . ” she would believe it’s real when she see me in this state” I said again. ” No, you need to go home and rest ” She said touching my right palm. ” Dont worry I am fine” I said again and continue to walk forward. ” Is there anything between you and Mbe” I suddenly asked her after we had walked some distance. ” No, there is nothing, he is just forcing himself on me ” she replied reducing her pace. ” You should tell him you dont like him now” I said turning to her and also reducing my pace. ” I have told him that times without number, but he won’t listen” Joy shouted stretching out her hand. ” Then tell your parents about it” I said again. ” What can my parents do, they are even encouraging me to go and get married, they say am not a baby any more” she said smiling. ” Fine, then I will bring wine this weekend to come and ask for your hands in marriage” I said smiling, ” I will pour the wine on your head if you try it” Joy replied smiling. ” So what have you been doing In the city all these years” Joy suddenly asked changing the discussion, I wasn’t expecting that question. ” Errrm, I actually was busy with my studies, I went to read further ” I lied. ” Then you should be working as a big man, not coming back to the village as a tapper” she said laughing seriously. ” I only came to spend some time in the village, I own a big chemist in the city” I quickly defended, we were now at her house. I entered into her compound, she was following me behind, her mom stood up immediately she saw my battered face. ” Chineke, Adanna, what happened?” Her mother asked her in shock, Adanna is actually joy’s native name. ” Mama good morning” I greeted her calmly while she held my hands. ” my son, I heard you were back from the city” she said as she touched my face. ” Yes mama, I came about two days ago” I said to her. ” What happened to you face? Did you involve yourself in any fight? ” she asked again. ” Mbe attacked me on my way home from the stream this morning, he also broke Joy’s water pot” I said as Joy stood with her both legs crossed. Her mom turned to her and smiled. ” Are you sure this Mbe of a man won’t send away all your suitors, he has practically beaten every young man in this village just because of Joy” her mom said turning to me. ” Sorry my son, come and sit here and rest” Her mom said to me while I sat down and thought about the beating I received from Mbe this morning, all thanks to Alvana for saving me. • On a bench I sat that evening when I sensed someone’s presence in the compound, I looked up and it was the young man that had saved me that morning, he was carrying about six tubers of yam which were tied together with a rope. ” Good evening ” he greeted me smiling, I smiled back to him and created space for him to sit. ” Thanks for this morning” I said as he sat down. ” Its nothing bro, I just used it as a kind of revenge, he had once beat me up on my way to the farm some weeks ago just because of a small argument we had” Alvana said while I smiled. We discussed about a lot of things, he automatically became my friend that day, he was a funny and lively person. ” what do you think about all these deaths stuff in the village?” I suddenly asked him while he stretched his necks to look around like a gossip. ” I think a serial killer is behind this” He said much more like a whisper, ” On the night of about two market days ago, that was when Njoku the son of the village drunkard was killed, I witnessed everything, I was at the spot of his death that night, but no one saw me” he started while I listened curiously thinking he had something good to say.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
Act Of Faith. Episode: Episode 5. Title: Shocking

” So I was coming back from the local joint where I and my friends had gone to drink as usual, we drink virtually all night. Njoku was also with me that night and we were heading home together In our drunken state. It was when we got to the lonely path heading to the village market that I felt this urge to urinate, I diverted into the bush immediately while Njoku waited for me on the lonely path. I was still in the act of urinating when I heard Njoku begging for mercy. He was begging someone who I couldn’t see nor hear his voice, before i could come out from the bush, I met Njoku dead body, he had been murdered” Alvana said while I listened carefully so as to pick out any important detail. ” Did you see anyone?” I asked him after he completed his story which to me did not indicate if the killer was a human. ” No I didn’t” Alvana answered. ” Did you hear the voice of the killer?” I asked again while Alvana shook his head the Negative. ” Then what gave you the impression that it was a killer and not the gods?” I asked him. ” Although I haven’t had any encountered with the gods, but I dont think you have the chance to beg for mercy from them before being killed, I heard Njoku begging that night” Alvana said while I placed my hand on my jaw and looked at him critically. “Hmm, that is deep, but you see, he was drunk that night and maybe that was why he could see them or something like that” I whispered to myself. ” what is this mark on your hand?” He suddenly asked me taking a look at the small drawing on my left hand, precisely around my wrist, it was actually given to us in our training camp, with the Mark , you can identify any trained spy from our institute, note that the mark is only given to those who had completed their trainings successfully, the mark also help you identify the institute, it is drawn boldly on the big center building of our camp, anyone from the camp will recognize that mark, it is called the mark of Newriton” This is a birth mark” I lied while he stared suspiciously at me. ” I am an indigene of Atata, this birth mark doesn’t look like ours” he said again while I smiled. ” I am not an indigene of Atata ” I simply replied while he nodded. ” oh I thought you were” he said and got up from the bench. ” I will like to take my leave now, it had been a nice time with you” he said to me and I stood up to see him off as he carried his tubers of harvested Yam. ” Thanks again for this morning, its nice knowing you Alvana” I said as I patted his shoulder, I escorted him to the entrance of my compound before turning back. I went back to the bench as I reflected over what Alvana had said about Njoku’s death. ” Maybe had the chance to see the gods before dying” I said to myself as I stood up and went in. That was how I met Alvana and we got to become good friends. • “The lord is good and his ways are good” I said a short prayer as I woke up the next morning, it had been a nice night and I had woken up hale and healthy this morning. I stood up from my thick iron bed and made to go out, the beeping of my phone stopped me. ” Hello, Gabi” The caller said, it was Morgana, my fellow spy, she is one of the few female spies who made it till the end. ” Hey Morgana, how is port Harcourt? ” I asked her happily, she stays in port Harcourt with her fiance. ” port Harcourt is fine o my boy , so you are enjoying at home now bah?” She asked . ” Yeah, I am. Morgana, I have warned you to stop calling me your boy” I said as I located my tooth brush. ” Oh , I forgot my boy, how is Atata, any news about that place?” She asked again. ” Atata is fine only that, dont worry, Atata is fine” I replied as I walked out to get a cup of water. ” Only that what? Gabi training days are over, you shouldn’t be hididng things from me” she said laughing. ” The problem is just that they are facing some kind of problems, like their gods are kind of punishing them” I said also laughing, I turned back to my room, I went to get a wrapper, the morning was cold. ” hmm all this gods of a thing, they just take pleasure in harming their people ” Morgana said while i smiled. ” Its just so terrible here, almost everyday now …” I noticed the call had been disconnected. ” poor girl, she doesn’t have airtime” I said to myself as I threw the phone to the bed and went out finally after tying my wrapper like the way most Men of Atata tie theirs.I met Morgana in Newriton( That’s the name of our institute) she was there before I came, like I came a Month after she was already in Newriton. Due to that singular fact of her being there before me, she placed herself over me, she do call herself my boss in the institute though there wasn’t any position or claim of seniority in Newriton, she just use it as a joke. I was just rounding up with brushing of my teeth when I sighted Alvana coming into the compound. ” Gabriel, good morning” He greeted me, he was holding a hoe and a cutlass, he was obviously heading to the farm. “Alvana my new friend, you must be so hardworking, so you have woken up this early to farm?” I asked laughing as I tied my wrapper well and fetched a cutlass. ” That’s how men are to be, little sleep and much work” he said as we headed out of the compound, he was going to the farm and I was heading to the stream to check my palm wine. ” I heard you lived in the village before heading to the city and coming back now, how true is that ?” He asked me as we walked a bit out of my father’s compound. ” You heard from who?” I asked him. ” News spreads like wild fire in the village bro” he simply said. ” Yes that’s true, i went to complete my studies in the city” I replied him. ” Oh, was that where you got this mark?” He asked me again bringing out my hands to reveal the small mark on my hand, the mark of Newriton.” Nope, I told you this is a birth mark” I said again confidently. ” Am just surprise what kind of birth mark comes to view after you went to the city, because the last time I checked, you weren’t having this mark when you left the village” he said smiling, I dropped my cutlass in shock as I stared again at Alvana.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 6 Title: Mission Call

” You didn’t know me before I left for the city, so how did you know if I never had this mark before leaving for the city?” I asked him while he smiled and placed his full gaze on the road, he was about taking a turn. ” As I said earlier, news spread like wildfire in the village” he said and took a turn to the direction of his farm while I headed straight to the stream in my surprised state. • I brought down the newly tapped wine and made to head back home, I hadn’t taken up ten steps when I sighted Adanna coming towards the stream with another water pot. ” Good morning” I greeted her. ” Wait, are you actually coming to the stream every morning to wait for me?” She asked me ignoring my greetings, I also ignored her question. ” You have a new water pot” I said smiling and pointing at her water pot, ” I hope you won’t break this one” She said and walked passed me, I followed her behind humming a song which I had heard my dad sing to my mom in those days, it’s actually a kind of love song, a local love song. ” Who are you singing that for? ” Adanna asked smiling and turning back to face me. ” Must I Sing it for anyone, I am singing for myself” I replied her as I made to collect her water pot from her. ” What are you trying to do, dont just try it o, the two times you carried my pot for me, you broke them.” She said as she prevented me from carrying the pot. ” I promise you, I won’t break this pot, this one is a more beautiful pot” I said and she smiled. ” Gabriel, how do you plan carrying this pot alongside your keg of palm wine?” She asked again. ” Dont just worry about that, am up to the task ” I said again as I finally collected the pot from her. Like the previous day, she was tying a small breast wrapper and also a waist wrapper but she wasn’t putting on those local black lines like the previous day, thus giving me a clear view of her natural face. Adanna is an average height slim girl, her height is okay for her age, she has small lips with big bulking eye to match her Oval face, She is naturally blessed with all that is needed to be blessed with, and to crown it all, she is strong headed. ” Okay now, let’s go ” I said to her as I balanced the water pot on my head and the keg of palm wine on my left hand. ” Please, promise me you won’t break this” she said twisting her mouth in a kind of manner that made her more beautiful. ” I promise I won’t break it if there is no cause to break it” I said trying to Twist my mouth in the manner in which she Twisted her’s. ” Why are you doing your mouth like that? ” She asked laughing at me. ” That is the same way you do yours” I said also laughing. ” But am ain’t as ugly as you are when I do mine” She said laughing more harder while I kept a straight face and advanced forward. ” Hey, am only joking with you” she shouted as she ran to me and hit me playfully on my back. ” Why are you telling me that?” I asked. ” Oh, I thought you were offended ” she said and hissed while I bursted into laughter. ” Adanna ” I called her after we have moved a bit. ” What is it? ” She asked without looking at me. ” What do you think about all this death stuff? What have your people done to offend the gods?” I asked her. •” Sir Ajan, I haven’t even settled at home and you guys already got a mission for me” I said angrily over the phone, it was a call from Newriton and Sir Ajan the king of Justice was the one with whom I was speaking with, he had asked me to come back and that the institution got a mission for me, what Nonsense. Sir Ajan is a well feared man in the institute, he is straight forward and doesn’t waste time in taking actions. He should be in his forties or so, if there is anyone you should be scared of, let that person be Sir Ajan, he doesn’t waste time in expelling weak and lazy student and he is also a good ambassador of Discipline. During my days as his student, I had always been careful with all I did to avoid the termination of my program, but now that I am a full spy, there is nothing to be careful of. ” Oh, Gabi my boy, it just a small mission, it won’t take you weeks” Sir Ajan said, no one would believe it was Sir Ajan speaking calmly with me over the phone, anyways, that was because I am no longer a student. Try saying No to his instructions in camp, then you should be preparing to go back Home. ” Okay Sir Ajan, I will come over in two days time” I said although I wasn’t happy. ” Cheer up boy, Morgana will also be involved, even Christiana, your crush will be involved in this, hey dont say anything, I know you got something for Christiana, am expecting you boy” Sir Ajan said and put an end to the call, I smiled an threw my phone to the bed. Christiana, she is another good Spy, we actually resumed together as students but I gat nothing for her, hey, you think am lying? I gat nothing for her, Okay, I used to have something for her but it is dead now, Oh God, believe me, it is dead now. Oh okay, I actually have a crush on her but… Okay, no but, I have a crush on Christina but I love Adanna, wow, nice rhymes. • Linda, the most troublesome of my siblings suddenly barged into my room as I was lying on The bed thinking about my next mission and my going to the city. ” Hey, One girl wan see you” She said bouncing towards me. ” Which girl?” I asked her as I stood up and wore a jean trouser with a white top, I decided to go the English way today. I was about stepping out of my door when she replied ” Adanna” , I quickly turned back to powder my face. I bounced outside and saw Adanna Standing in front of our compound. ” Ah, Adanna, I am surprised, since we were much younger, you have never come in here. This is good” I said holding her hands while she stared me like she was seeing someone else. ” You look different” She said staring at me. ” How different? Just say am looking handsome” I said looking at her eyes. ” Hmm, I never said so” She said as she drew me to a bench. ” Adanna, what brought you here?” I asked, obviously still surprised that she came to my house today, Since I knew Adanna, she had never come to play in my father’s compound before even if her house was just opposite ours. ” Aren’t you happy seeing me here?” She asked twisting her mouth in that cute manner I like. ” Of course am happy seeing you here but am surprised because you have never deem it fits to come here for once” I replied ” well everything starts in a day” she told me, ” I only came to greet you” She said again as I stared into her eyes. She was dressed like she is always dressed in her breast wrapper and waist wrapper, a different set entirely from that of the morning. She was wearing a bead on her left leg and those black line were on her face again, she looks beautiful. ” Came to greet me or you were already missing me?” I asked laughing stylishly. ” That’s one thing with you guys, always thinking too far” She said as she stood up and dusted her buttocks. ” I will be leaving now” She said and arranged her hair, there were also beads on her hair. ” Haba, Adanna, dont go yet now, you just came” I said also getting up from the bench. ” I have to go, I need to help my mom at home, I only decided to come in here today because you helped me carry my pot this morning without breaking it” She said smiling as she started walking out, I followed behind watching her sway her waist along. ” I will be leaving for the city in two days time” I told her from behind as we got to the entrance of my father’s compound. ” But you just came” She said turning to me.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 7 Title: A Village Bully

” Yeah, I just came but I have to go back to manage my business” I lied while she looked at me and nodded. ” Will you stay for six years again?” She asked twisting her mouth again in that cute manner. ” Nope, I ain’t staying up to a year but I won’t come anytime soon” I said , I knew the mission was going to take months even if Sir Ajan had said it just weeks. ” Please dont stay long ” She said again . ” Why? Is there anything you want to do with me in the village?” I asked her playfully even if she wasn’t in a playing mood. ” Hmmm, yes, so that you can always help me carry my water pot every morning” She said trying to laugh. ” You are so funny, anyways I won’t be staying long” I said while she nodded, she was about going when she turned back again. ” Will you come to the stream tomorrow? ” She asked while I shook my head the negative. ” Why?” She asked again. ” Because you might think am coming to the stream cause of you, am ain’t tapping wine tomorrow” I replied while she looked at me angrily. ” Okay” She said and walked away in a sad mood, I shook my head smiling as I also walked into the compound only to meet my mom staring at me from a distance, I walked to where she was. ” She is a good girl” My mom started while I nodded. ” Aren’t you thinking of marrying her?” My mom asked again but I didn’t reply. “My son, A ripe orange isn’t only ripe in the eye of a single person, some are also planning on how to get it” My mom said, I understood what she meant but she didn’t realize that ” A tree does not harbour only an Orange, it is full of Oranges and once one is plucked there are others still left”. ” Mom, I will be going to the city in two days time” I said to her as I wanted to change the discussion. ” Why!! you came about two days or so ” She shouted. ” I want to go manage my business” I said again. ” My son, Business can wait, you aren’t leaving yet. So after six years, you wanna leave again” She shouted as she walked away, women just like to shout, truly Empty barrel make the loudest noise. • I lied on my bed that evening thinking about my going back to the city, what so ever the mission might be, i pray it be an easy one. I was still in my thought when I heard my phone beeping. ” Hi, Christiana, how are you doing?” I asked immediately I picked the call. ” Dont greet me o, imagine, since you left camp, you have never called to say hi until I called today” She said over the phone. ” Hey, I just left about three days ago and you are already missing me? That’s good to know” I said again. ” Am ain’t missing you, its Just bad of you to have forgotten about me this soon, you couldn’t even call to check on me” She said again, I know Christiana, she can continue to drag the case until you apologize, just tell her you are sorry and thats all. ” Okay Christy, am so much sorry” I said calmly. ” Okay, I wasn’t angry. When are you coming back here, I am already here, Sir Ajan called that he had a mission for us” She said again. ” Yeah, but he just called me today and I am preparing to come over the day after Tomorrow” I said again. ” Oh, I will be expecting you and by the way, how is Atata?” She asked again. ” Atata is fine, how is Enugu? ” I asked back. ” Fool, am not in Enugu, I am in Newriton, Lagos State” She said laughing. ” Dont mind my age” I said back. ” Okay Gabriel, I should wake up the day after tomorrow and meet you beside me” She said again while I concurred. We talked about other irrelevant stuff before disconnecting the call, she actually disconnected it. This is one bad thing about spy stuff, no time to rest, no time for yourself and family, it so bad. • The morning was cold, the gentle breeze made from the rustling of the tall mango tree in which I was on top blew across my chest. Yes I was on a Mango tree that morning, on a mango tree by the stream. I had not come to tap wine that morning, who taps wine from a Mango tree? I had come to see Adanna as I knew she would always come to fetch water. I sat on a branch on the tree and watched closely but no one was forthcoming. I was putting on a white top on a black jeans trousers, I did not want to dress locally like the men of Atata on this particular day. There wasn’t any reason behind this, it was just how I choose to dress today, and more over, I am a guy from the city. I didn’t have to wait much longer, I soon sighted Adanna with her water pot from a distant, but this time, she wasn’t alone, Mbe the cat whose back has never touched the ground in any fight was running after her while Adanna was trying her best to get him off her side. Adanna was looking beautiful as usual, her water pot was under her hand and she was dress in the dress code of the maidens of Atata, tying a wrapper to cover her breast and another her waist. ” Adanna just give me a chance, I promise to take good care of you.” I heard Mbe said as Adanna stood under the mango tree on which I was on the top. ” Mbe, it isn’t about you taking good care of me it is about what I want, and whom I want, I’m sorry I don’t want you” Adanna said not minding that she was standing before the great cat whose back has never touched the ground in any fight. ” oh joy is it because of that low life? He is nothing compared to me, I’m Mbe, the great wrestler. Is it because I haven’t gone to the city like him?” Mbe asked again, this time he was dragging her hands like he wanted to beat her up. ” Please let me go” Adanna begged but he didn’t release her, I wanted to jump down from the tree but I later decided against it. ” See, I am more courageous, Strong and Braver than that lowlife of a guy you are falling for. If not for that other guy that came back from the city some years back, Alvana, I should have beaten up your so called Gabriel the other day” Mbe said again as he released Joy’s hand forcefully and she fell to the floor, thank God her water pot didn’t break this time. ” You must be mine” Mbe said dragging her up and releasing her to the ground again, this time Adanna was moved to tears. ” You say you love me and you are treating me this way” She said as she tried not to let her tears drop.” You won’t be treated this way if you can say a yes to me” Mbe said laughing wickedly. ” Never” Adanna shouted, that reply must have been a mistake as it got Mbe pissed up and thus making him hit her water pot angrily, the pot broke into pieces and Adanna bursted out in tears, at that time, not Mbe alone was pissed off, I was also pissed off as I Jumped down from the tree angrily, I landed on my feet facing Mbe who was shocked and surprised on seeing me.
Re: Act Of Faith by oluwatosin070: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
update o.. I'm in love with the story... kudos to the writer..

1 Like

Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 8

Title: Man In Black “Gabriel” Joy said silently as She stood up from the floor and ran to me. ” You again? Why do you like putting yourself in danger?” Mbe asked angrily. ” Behold a man that beats women” I said mockingly, pointing my left hand at him. ” You could have Just remained on the top of that tree, have your face not learnt anything from the previous beaten I had given you? Behold,there is no Alvana to save you today” He said staring angrily at me. ” I didn’t come all the way down from that tree to exchange words with you, I have wasted my time in jumping down just to inform ,you to provide another water pot for Adanna” I said staring at me. ” Gabriel, the son of Omiyi, you make me laugh. Who are you to address me on what to do?” He asked, surely he was now very angered. ” Like you have rightly said, I am Gabriel the Son of Omiyi” I replied holding tight to Adanna who was watching our drama with tears on her cheeks. ” Mbe, the son of whom I dont know, do yourself a good by ..” I wasn’t done talking when I noticed him advancing towards me, I pushed joy slightly away from my side and also advanced towards him. ” Gabriel please stop” Adanna said trying to hold me but I pushed her again. Mbe made to jump on me like the local wrestlers, he had barely taken himself up off the ground when I delivered a punch to his face, he staggered back in surprise and smiled. ” Oh, I see you have gone to learn some moves, you really came prepared” He said as he rushed towards me again, I was fast enough to quickly roll myself on the ground and passing him, the only regret I had in this was that I was putting on a white shirt. He wanted to turn back to face me but unfortunately for him, I delivered another punch to his face. Like the previous time, he staggered back again but this time, he didn’t smile. He was now looking confused and probably a bit scared, he didn’t advance towards me again. ” Mbe the cat, the one whose back has never touched the ground in a fight, are you now scared to fight? ” I asked smiling, surely I knew my words were going to anger him. He rushed towards me again, this time I didn’t deliver any punch or roll pass him, I was very fast enough to carry him sideways across my chest. He tried struggling to be freed but he wasn’t strong enough. ” Adanna, where should I drop him?” I asked Adanna smiling, she was also smiling and obviously surprised seeing me lift Mbe. ” Drop him on the pieces of my water pot” Adanna said while I nodded and walked towards the broken pot. ” Please Gabriel, dont do this to me, I will get her another pot” Mbe begged shamelessly. ” Of course you will get another pot, but this will only be a warning to you.” I said as I landed his back on the pieces of the broken water pot. ” Arrgggh” he screamed and rolled himself on the ground. ” That will teach you not to lay hands on a maiden again, especially the most beautiful maiden of Atata” I said to him as he rolled on the ground. ” Now go get her a new water pot ” I shouted and immediately, he got up and ran off. • ” I never believed you could beat that beast in a fight” Joy said as we headed back home, I was carrying her water pot, it is actually Mbe’s mother water pot, the one he had brought to replace the broken one of Adanna. ” I told you I could do anything for the most beautiful maiden of Atata” I replied holding her hand. ” Thanks, maybe from now, he won’t pester me anymore ” She said . ” If he does, then he should be ready to receive more beatings from me” I replied smiling broadly. ” what about if he does when you have gone back to the city?” She asked. ” Then I would deal with him when I return, tell him I said so ” I replied her. ” Now I have caught you red handed, why did you later decide to come to the stream? you said you weren’t coming today. You have now left me with no other impression that you do come because of me” Adanna said twisting her mouth and staring at me. ” I actually came to tap” I told her. ” Who taps wine from a Mango Tree?” She asked again. ” I didn’t say I came to tap wine, I came to tap mangoes. ” I said while she bursted into laughter. “Tap mangoes?” she asked as she held my hand, it felt warm. ” how were you able to beat mbe?” She asked smiling suspiciously. ” The powers came from above” I replied her.” I will miss you” I said trying to change the topic, she nodded and held my hand more tight. ” I will miss you also ” She said while I also nodded., we were now in her house, her parents weren’t around, her mother had gone to the market while her father has gone to the farm. I dropped the pot where it should be dropped, I then turned back to leave. ” Goodbye Adanna, take good care of yourself for me and make sure you always remain beautiful.” I said as I dipped my hand into my pocket and brought a bundle of a thousand naira notes, it was actually fifty thousand Naira. ” Manage this till I come back” I said as I stretched the money to her. ” No, I won’t take that from you, I think you need it more” Joy said as she closed her legs together and twisted her mouth again. ” Adanna, I am giving you this, you have no option than to take it.” I said again as I opened her hand and placed the money in it. ” Thank you” she said staring at the notes. ” Am really grateful” She said again while I smiled. ” Enough of the thanks, its alright” I told her as I walked towards the exit of their compound. ” Gabriel!!!” She called thereby stopping me. ” Yes” I answered and turned to face her as she walked towards me. ” please, take you eyes away from the city girls, always focus on your business ” She said again I nodded as I turned back to leave again ” Gabriel!” She called again” Adanna!” I called back to face her, she walked slowly towards me and unexpectedly, she hugged me. It wasn’t my first time hugging a girl but hugging Adanna seem very different, her body was cool and her scent was nice, I was just getting to start enjoying the hug when she broke it . ” Bye” she said and hurriedly walked inside. ” Bye Adanna” I said back even if I knew she won’t hear me. I also turned and went home. •The night was rough as I couldn’t sleep throughout the night, I was thinking about the journey back to Lagos and how stressful it was gonna be. I stood up from the bed around 4:00am, my parents were surely still sleeping, I had told them the previous day that I would leave very early. I dropped a note telling them that I have gone before departing the house. I headed for the Atata local park which wasn’t untrekable ( the word doesn’t exist, Just a common Nigerian English) . I was walking on the lonely path to the market which wasn’t far from the park , the path was a middle path whose side was surrounded with bushes. I was still walking forward with my briefcase on my right hand and my bag, a school bag on my back when I noticed someone in black run from the left side of the bush , he stopped briefly when he saw me,he stared at me for some minutes, I stopped and also stared at me though I was scared. I had this feeling that he smiled before running to the right side. He was a tall muscular guy with a mask. He was all in black.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 9 Title: Danger

I looked outside the window of the big slow and steady bus which was heading to Lagos, it is the only bus that heads to Lagos from Atata,so if you miss it in the morning, you have no choice but to come back the next morning. This was the reason why I hadn’t stopped to go after that man in black I had seen in the bush path, I didn’t want to miss my bus. As I sat staring outside, a lot of things ran through my mind. ” who was the man in black? And what was he doing outside by that time of the day?” I asked myself, ” Why did he run into the bush from the bush?” I asked myself again but there was no to answer to the questions. ” Oga, your money” A lady said as she stood in front of me, she was the one in charge of collecting passengers money before the departure of the bus. I brought out three thousand five hundred naira and handed it to her while she left happily . ” Please, put on you seats belts and relax, we are set to move in about 10 minutes time” The driver to the slow and steady bus shouted as he sat on the driver’s seat, his voice alone was enough for us to hear, loud and clear” I would like to inform you that there will be some points in this Journey where slow and Steady might stop to take water” The driver said again, I didn’t know why he was informing us, we all know slow and steady, it stops almost every two hours to take water. I brought out my phone and checked the time, it was 5:15am. I took a deep breath as I relaxed my back on the seat on which I was sitting, though the seat was made of iron, I had to manage it that way. At exactly 5:30am, the bus started moving, just like the name had said, Slowly and Steadyily. I adjusted myself as I couldn’t bear the discomfort I got from the iron chair again. I rested my head on my right palm and then I remembered Adanna. ” Hmm, I will sure miss her” I said to myself not minding who heard me. ” In love right?” The guy sitting just by my left asked. ” Yeah” I replied without looking at him. ” That’s how it is. Is there any interesting story behind your love life?” The guy asked me again. This time I rose my head and stared at him, he was putting on a white long sleeve shirt and also a white trouser. Taking a closer look at him, you will conclude that he should be in his thirties or so.” Not the kind of love story you do hear” I replied him. ” Let’s just hear it” He insisted while I smiled. ” I had left Atata for about six years now, I came back about five days ago and I met this girl who I had always wanted from the days of my childhood, just as things were about to get good, work calls. ” I said while he smiled and patted my shoulder. ” There is always challenges behind every love story, the sweetest part is overcoming them. Make sure you come back to your love” he said calmly to me while I nodded and smiled. ” I will surely come back” I assured him or more likely myself. ” I am Daniel, a researcher, I came to Atata some few days back, my research work actually brought me here” He told me. ” Oh, that’s nice, I am Gabriel, not also an indigene of Atata but spent most of my life there” I said. ” Nice meeting you Gabriel” Daniel said stretching fort his right hand which I took willingly. We talked for some hours, actually we were talking about irrelevant stuffs, it was mostly on love and relationship, Daniel was fun to be with and he also happen to be very clever and smart. • No one ever in history has ever travelled through the slow and steady bus without falling asleep, its like a curse associated with the bus. At a point in the journey, you must surely have to sleep, even if you dont want to, the sight of others sleeping will encourage you to. I choose the call that point ” The sleeping point”. Daniel had slept off so was every other person in the slow and steady bus except the driver. At this point, I got no other option than to also join the league of sleepers. I relaxed my back on the thick iron handle of my seat and closed my eyes, I wandered off to dream land. I didn’t know how long I slept but I knew I woke up when I noticed the slow and steady bus had stopped, I arranged my baggage and made to go down the bus but a hand drew me back, it was Daniel’s hand. ” Calm down bro, the slow and steady has just stopped to take water ” he said smiling. ” So you mean we aren’t in Lagos yet?” I asked angrily. ” Nope, not even half of Lagos” he said smiling while I relaxed my back on the seat again. • It was 10:15pm when the slow and steady bus finally stopped, not to take water this time but a final stop. We were now in the beautiful city of Lagos, a city of the rich and poor, a city of like and unlike minds, a city which flows with milk and honey,the city of Lagos is indeed a wonderful city. I backed my bag and carried my briefcase as I alighted the bus. ” So where are you heading from here?” Daniel asked me, he was behind me and was backing only a bag, he wasn’t with a briefcase. ” Hmm, probably Ikeja ” I told him while he stared at me with a confused expression on his face. ” Aren’t you sure of where you are going?” He asked . ” I have different places in mind, my relatives are scattered all around this city” I said smiling. ” okay then, nice meeting you Gabriel” He said stretching his hand for a handshake again which I took willingly and turned to leave. I was also putting on a long sleeve but not a white one as Daniel’s own, a black long sleeve. ” Oga where?” A bike man asked as he pulled over in front of me. ” Matt, You haven’t changed” I said to the bike man, he isn’t actually a bike man, he happens to be a spy and he is the one assigned to pick me that night. ” Your bus took so long” he said as I climbed his bike, ” I have been waiting here since 5pm” he said again. ” Please let go off, I need to sleep” I said to him. Taking a look at Matt will leave you with no their conclusion that he is actually a bike man. He was putting on a red tattered cloth on a black trouser with a bathroom slippers, to crown it all, he was wearing a face cap like most Bike men does. Matt was good with bikes which explains why he drove rough overtaking thrillers and big cars, in no time we were alone on a long time isolated road located somewhere in one of the villages in Lagos. ” Hold on tight boy, we are about entering the Jungle” Matt said after about an hour of rough riding, only the light from the bike was the source of light for us that night. ” Here we go!!!” Matt shouted as he took a sharp turn and soon the bike started moving on its own like it was descending down a hill.. ” Matt, control this bike to slow down” I shouted as the bike continued to go down in speed. ” Enjoy the ride baby” Matt yelled at me. ” Matt, watch out!!!!” I shouted as the bike was approaching a tall tree. ” Wuuuuu” Matt shouted happily as he dodged the tree. ” Sweet” He shouted again as he dodged another tree, I simply closed my eye until the bike came to an halt, we were at Newriton. ” That was a sweet ride ” Matt said as he pulled off his tattered clothing, he was putting on a black thick short and a black thick singlet underneath. ” All I need now is sleep” I said lazily as I yawned and stretched myself. ” Yeah, go sleep bro. You must be really tired from the long journey” Matt said walking pass me and patting my shoulders. ” He couldn’t even help me carry my bag” I said to myself as I followed him behind. ” I heard that” He shouted without turning to face me, he continued to walk. • Welcome to Newriton, an institute specialized to train spies and crime fighters. Newriton is located in the heart of an Isolated Jungle, inside one of the villages in Lagos State. Record has it that it was established in 1884, and so you would agree with me that some many spies and crime fighters must have been trained here. Newriton comprises about 50 different building which are meant to serve different purposes. Some buildings, I dont know why they existed. In the centre of all these buildings stood a sculptured Mark, a unique Mark, the Mark of Newriton. All trained and confirmed students has that mark being drawn on their wrist, all confirmed students got the Mark. I walked slowly into one of the buildings, that was the building which serve as our lodge. It isn’t in any way different from an University hostel, only that it is much neater and comfortable. I climbed up to the third storey before finally stopping on a door with a tag ” Room 101″ . I unlocked my briefcase and brought out a card, I slipped the card into some kind of a machine on the wall beside the door. ” Please enter your code” Came the written reply from the machine. I put in my code and almost immediately the door opened slowly. I walked into the room and just like it had opened, the door closed. There wasn’t light in the room which got me surprised, there was light in the entire building. I tried locating the switch on the wall so as to put on the light but I slowly felt a hand round my neck, I felt a sharp object touch me, it was a knife placed directly to my neck.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 10 Title: welcome Back

The light suddenly came on to reveal my room mate, Israel. ” Oh My God you scared the hell out of me” I said as he jumped onto his bed. ” Secret service code 009, be alert at all times. ” Israel said laughing to reveal his white set of teeth. ” Sir Ajan called you back also?” He asked as I sat on my bed located on the right side of the room, his was on the left side.” Yeah” I simply replied . ” Hmm” He said as I looked up at him, he also stared at me and suddenly we smiled at ourselves. He got up from his bed and i also stood up and we hugged each other. ” I miss you bro” He said happily. ” I miss you also” I replied him and we broke the hug. ” How is Atata?” He asked me . ” Atata is fine, what of Ekiti?” I asked back. ” Ekiti is peaceful” He replied while I nodded. Israel Olufemi, another confirmed spy and my best friend in Newriton is a Yoruba guy who hails from Ekiti. I came to the institute before him, he actually resumed a week after me. The welfare units had actually paired us together when they noticed I had no room mate . He is a dark average height guy with small brown eyes, he isn’t slim nor fat, he is just Normal. He happens to be one of those lazy students when he first resumed, he only got blended when Sir Ajan had punished him severely for not able to handle and throw a knife. He is the most skillful fighter we got, most skillful fighter I said, not the best, I still remain the best. What? You guys dont believe me again? Like seriously, I am the best fighter, take it or leave it. ” So any idea what this mission is gonna look like?” I asked as I walked into our kitchen, yes our kitchen, it was actually a self contain like room. ” Nope, Sir Ajan has said nothing of it ” Israel replied. ” who cooked this?” I asked as I brought the watery rice I knew only israel would have prepared it, he can’t cook. ” I did, see I cooked it that way because that is how I like cooking my rice” He said trying to defend himself. ” Oh my Jesus, you mean, just forget, there is no other option than to eat it this way, am so hungry” I said as I dished a spoonful of rice into my mouth. ” Taar” I shouted as I spat it on the floor. ” Did you use the whole salt to cook this?” I asked him but he just hissed and laid on his bed. • I woke up early that Saturday morning, Israel had already woken up and gone to the field probably to exercise. I stood up and peeped through the window which allowed the reflection of the morning sun. I was right, he was on the field with Morgana and Christiana, Just the three of them. I quickly dressed up in my thick black singlet and Short before rushing down to them. ” Oh my goodness, Gabriel!!!!!” Morgana shouted as she rushed towards me and Jumped on me, she was the first to see me approaching them. Christiana stood where she was, she was standing arm akimbo and twisting her mouth like the way Adanna does twist hers, but she wasn’t as beautiful as Adanna. ” Hey, my Christiana” I said as I dropped Morgana and went towards where Christiana was. ” Dont touch me” She said as she frowned her face. ” Why?” I asked. ” You promised to come yesterday morning, why am I just seeing you now?” She asked still frowning her face. ” Come off it my dear, You of all people should know how far Atata is” I said patting her shoulder. ” Then you should have taken a night bus the day before yesterday” she said again. ” Which bus? There is only one bus coming to Lagos from Atata, the slow and Steady” I said smiling. ” Okay dear, come here” She said as she hugged me tightly. ” It isn’t even up to a week, you already miss me this much” I said as she still held me tight, trust me, I held her more tight. ” Gabi, you didn’t hug me this long” Morgana said and broke the hug. ” Sorry dear” I said as I hugged Morgana again while Christiana broke the hug. ” Enough of the hugging” she said . The institute was scanty, the reason behind this was the fact that new students haven’t been admitted yet and the old sets are done with their programs, old students like me. The few students in Newriton are either those who had come to take their certificates or those who are to be given assignments like I, Morgana, Matt, Christiana and Israel. ” Gabriel, I got gist for you” Christiana said as we did our normal morning push ups. ” You always have gist” I replied her, to her that was a go ahead. ” I came into your lodge yesterday afternoon, israel was the only one there, I didn’t know what sent me to taste the Unfortunate rice he cooked” Christiana said while I and Morgana laughed, Israel didn’t laugh. ” At least am better than the both of you who doesn’t even know how to boil water” Israel countered them, Christiana and Morgana, truly they can’t cook, I won’t lie, they can’t cook. • ” This Mission is your very first and it shouldn’t be toyed with . It isn’t a tough case like I have rightly said to you all over the phone. It is just an investigative mission, just need you guys to help me check mate someone” Sir Ajan said as he walked around the small hall in which we all stood wearing our black thick singlet and Shorts. I, Israel and Christiana stood together while Morgana and Matt stood together on the other side. ” A investigative mission might look simple as it sound but need a lot of care than other missions. A simple mistake or wrong information due to wrong investigations might be so crucial and hence put an end to you being a spy” Sir Ajan said again moving his eyes around the hall, for a moment, I felt his eyes dropped on me. ” You should all take a observatory and careful background study, a very investigatory and clean background study before jumping into conclusion. Note that none of this should make you reveal your identity. Never reveal your identity in the quest to make your mission fast, a simple mission of a day might end up taking a year. Now I told you guys it might take weeks, you should all know how that it might develop into years. The longer the time spent on a mission, the more accurate the result. I am not in a hurry for you to bring the results, all I need Is a good result” Sir Ajan said again as he sat down and began operating his small laptop. ” Since it is you guys very first mission, I would like somebody with experience to guide you, that’s why I had taken my time to bring back one of my students who finished a long time ago.” Sir Ajan said and almost immediately the door to the hall creaked opened. ” Daniel!!!” I shouted as the new guy walked into the hall.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2018
Act Of Faith

Episode: Episode 11 Title: Who Is He?

“Wow, Gabriel, what are you doing here?” Daniel asked me innocently, he was also putting on a black short and Singlet just like the rest of us, the only difference between we and him was that he was hanging a sword on his back, the sword happens to be in its shaft. I walked hurriedly towards him and brought out his left hand, there, on his wrist was the mark of Newriton. ” So you are a spy?” I asked him while he nodded. ” You are also a spy” He said laughing and we hugged each other. ” Hey, I see some kind of reunion here, Daniel, have you guys meant before?” Sir Ajan asked him while Daniel nodded. ” We actually took the same bus from Atata to Lagos” Daniel said while sir Ajan adjusted his glasses. ” What took you to Atata?” Sir Ajan asked not expecting the reply. ” My research work” Daniel said again but sir Ajan wasn’t listening. ” So this is Daniel, he completed his program about some years back and he had successfully accomplished 6 investigatory missions just like the one you are about to Embark on” Sir Ajan said standing beside Daniel.

” Now to the mission proper” Sir Ajan said as he walked to the front of the hall, there was a big screen there which was normally controlled by a remote lying on the small table in front of the hall. ” Here is Sir Jude Ike, a primary school teacher” Sir Ajan started as the screen displayed a clear picture of the so called Sir Jude Ike, an elderly man probably in his fifties. ” Sir Jude Ike is a primary school teacher” Sir Ajan said and we all bursted into laughter, even Daniel himself laughed. ” Why on earth should we investigate a primary school teacher?” I asked Sir Ajan still laughing.

"Because a primary School teacher shouldn’t be living in this kind of house” Sir Ajan said as the picture on the Screen changed to that of a beautiful mansion, a mansion only affordable to big business men. ” But sir, this is an elderly man, he might have involved himself in some other businesses from which he might have been able to raise money to build this, this house might be a project from his life savings” Christiana said looking serious. ” Nice point Christiana, Nice.” Sir Ajan complemented as the picture on the screen returned to Sir Jude Ike.

” This shouldn’t have brought about any form of suspicion, the only thing amiss here is the rate at which young teenagers go missing in this same area where Jude Ike lives. No one is saying that he is responsible for the kidnaps or so, all I am saying Is that he is the only one living a strange lifestyle, why should he teach in a primary school a long distance from where he lives? I want you all to do a background search on him, research on any kind of business he might have involved himself in at one time or the other. Remember, he is not guilty of any offence yet. ” Sir Ajan staring intensely at us. ” Not just the six of you are going for this mission, someone for the I.C.T unit might Join you soon ” Sir Ajan said moving about, only the sound from his high heeled shoe could be heard. ” Remember, I am not expecting disaster” He finally said and walked out.

• ” There is no room for weakness here, we all have to be strong” Daniel shouted as he rose up his right hand to show he was serious and lively, we all looked at him like a fool. ” Okay, we just have to be strong” he said more calmly this time. A new guy has joined us, he was from the I.C.T units, he isn’t a trained fighter and so its our duty to protect and guide him, his name is young Carl. ” So, this isn’t something we should rush, it might end up becoming a mission to be accomplished in Years, Gabriel, dont worry or think about Adanna” Daniel said staring at me. ” who is Adanna?” Christiana asked me. ” Ask him” I said calmly pointing to Daniel. ” You don’t know who Adanna is?” Christiana asked me again but I didn’t reply her as I pretended to be paying rapt attention to Daniel.

• ” I am just nervous, I dont want this mission to be a screw” Israel said as I laid on the bed that evening, he was doing his one hand push ups. ” Dont think so, people have been doing this, so we can” I assured him, this time I wasn’t lying on the bed, I was opening my small drawer to get an A4 paper. ” What are you gonna use that for?” Israel asked still on his push ups. ” Write a letter” I replied. “Letter to who?” He asked again. ” Adanna” I replied while he got up swiftly and sat beside me. ” Who is this Adanna?” He asked. ” My future girlfriend” I replied searching for a pen. ” What about Christiana, who are you leaving her for?” He asked again. ” I am not dating Christiana” I said with a serious look on my face. ” Then stop leading Christiana on” Israel said again also looking serious. ” If you have nothing for her, let her know now, it might be disastrous in future” Israel said again, that was the only good thing about him, at times he speaks sense. ” Okay bro, I will try stop all kind of stuff with her” I assured Israel. ” Now tell me about this Adanna of a girl” Israel said happily while I also smiled. ” You see ehen , Adanna is the most beautiful maiden in Atata, she is of average height, chocolate and endowed ” I said. ” I know you bro, you can’t differentiate between beautiful and Ugly, am sure this so called girl might not be as beautiful as you have painted her” Israel replied me while I smiled on. ” Just wait” I said and brought out my phone, I went into the gallery and brought out a picture if Adanna, it was actually a picture I took from the top of the mango tree the day I had a fight with mbe the cat. ” Take a look at this” I said passing the phone to Israel. ” This is whoa, Gabi, this girl is Whoa” Israel said again. ” I told you now ” I replied him grinning happily. ” But who is this guy with her?” He asked again. ” Another guy who wants her” I said again. ” I think she will prefer him to you, he is more handsome” Israel said while I dragged my phone from him. ” She is really endowed as you had said, why dont you just ask her out?” He asked again. ” In Atata where I come from, you dont ask the girl out, you go straight to her parents after you have studied the girl for a period of time. ” I said. ” You and your Atata are too local ” He replied. ” Can I see that picture again?” Israel asked but got no reply.

• It was still in the evening of the same day, Daniel had asked me to come meet him in his lodge, he was actually staying in a special lodge meant only for workers in Newriton. He wanted to see me not because we had an encounter in the slow and Steady bus but because I was the main man for the mission. I located room “278” and stood in front of the face scanning machine, only those who stay in the room have a card to gain access into it, any intruder must pass through a face scan from the same machine. The Machine Scanned my fave and within some seconds, the door opened. I entered into the beautifully decorated large room, Daniel was on his bed, he was sitting on his bed while his sword was lying beside him. ” Hold on a minute” he said as he rushed to his bathroom. I sat on the bed and brought out the sword from its shaft, I did just for fun. The sword came out slowly until all part of the sword was revealed, I opened my mouth in shock as I saw the edge of the sword. I flashed back to that morning I went to the igwe palace, that mark made on that dead guy could only be made with a sword with the type of edge like Daniel’s own, wait, Daniel was coming back from Atata the day I saw him, and he also had the killer sword, no doubt he is the serial killer. ” Yes Gabriel, now to business” Daniel said as he came out of the bathroom towelling his face. ” Who are you?” I asked as I pointed the sword directly to his neck.
Re: Act Of Faith by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:24pm On Sep 22, 2018
Nice story pls continue
lalasticlala,divenpen1 pls push it to the front page

1 Like

Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 12

Title: I Have a Dream
” Gabriel, calm down, what do you mean who am i?” He asked calmly raising his both hands up into the air. ” What was your mission in Atata?” I asked again, the sword was now directly to his Adam’s Apple. ” Gabriel I dont get you, what are you talking about?” He asked looking confident but careful. ” So you are a serial killer? You go about killing people?” I asked again while he spread his hands out in a confused manner.

” Am ain’t a serial killer, I dont kill people except the bad guys, and I only kill the bad guys when on a mission” He said again. ” Shut up! What were you doing in Atata?” I asked again. ” I only went there to know the place, just like a tour” he said again. ” ” Why are you asking me all these?” He asked again looking impatient. ” Hey, remember am the guy with the sword here, so be careful” I said pushing the sword closer to his neck. ” You know, we can actually settle this amicably without the sword” he said again. ” Just tell me why you choose to kill the people of Atata” I said. ” Believe me, I have never killed anyone from Atata, I only stayed there for five days, I didn’t kill anyone. What gives you the impression that am the killer?” He asked again. ” Your sword, it has the same edge mark with the marks on the body of those victims of the killer” I said while he stared at me in shock. ” You mean to tell me that there is a serial killer in Atata?” He asked. ” Dont pretend like you aren’t the one” I countered. ” Am not gonna pretend like I am not the one, because I am not the one” he said calmly. ” Why don’t you take this sword away” he said pushing the sword slightly away. ” I am not a serial killer, and you have no right to accuse me of that, you got nothing against me ” he said as he sat on the bed while I turned to him. ” See, I am not the only person with this kind of sword, the real killer is still there in Atata and you are here accusing me” he said again. ” The only thing is that, the killer is likely to be from Newriton or maybe a common individual happens to get hold of the sword by chance, this sword was the trained weapon for my sets just like you guys are trained with knives now” he said again. ”

Then that means the killer should be someone you know, since he \she is someone in your set” I said while he shook his head. ” You dont expect me to know every individual in over 10,000 fighters.” He said, he was right, I myself dont know all the fighters in my sets. ” If truly the mark you talk is real, then someone from Newriton is behind this or maybe somebody not from Newriton has by chance gotten hands on the weapon ” He said again. ” Then, let’s tell sir Ajan about it. ” I suggested. ” Sir Ajan wouldn’t listen without an evidence” he said again while I dropped the sword, something inside me kept telling me it was him Daniel, but I got no evidence against him, maybe I need to do a background check. ” Now back to business” he said keeping his Sword in it’s shaft.

• ” Okay , israel how do I start this? Should I go, Dear Adanna” I asked israel as I made to start the letter. ” Can’t you make it more romantic?” Israel asked taking a disgusting look at me. ” Okay, Dear love?” I asked again. ” Nope , can’t you go like, My lovely baby?” He asked while I nodded my head. ” My lovely baby” I wrote down but tore the paper immediately. ” Adanna is a village girl, she isn’t use to all this baby stuff” I said while Israel bursted into laughter. ” Just write as you can” He said as he went to the small fridge to get a cup of milk. ” What if she tears up the letter when she sees it?” Israel asked. ” Dont say such things here, she can’t tear it” I said not confident in myself, ” What if she truly tears it?” I asked myself. ” Then I will kill her” I shouted not realizing it that I had spoken too loud. ” Kill who?” Israel asked. ” Am just rehearsing one of the characters in a movie I watched a long time ago” I said while Israel shook in pity for me. I started the letter body, I made sure I didn’t use strong words, although israel was encouraging me to. ” I hope to see your reply soon” I wrote and concluded the letter. ” I will post this tomorrow” I said to no one as I laid on the bed. ” Goodnight bro” I said to israel who was lying on his own bed and playing some sort of games. ” Goodnight” he simply replied.

• The entire room was dark, I opened my eyes while still on the bed , I couldn’t see a thing because of the darkness of the night. I heard footsteps in the room and jumped up immediately but silently. I crawled to the switch of the light and put it on. I fell down as I saw israel lying dead in his own pool of blood, the same sword mark was on his waist region, the mark is actually a zig zag mark made by the edge of the sword which was Zig Zag. ” Israel ” I said in fear as I moved silently to his body. ” You are next” I heard a voice say behind me, I turned back and met Daniel dressed in black and was holding the sword, I remembered the man in black I had seen that morning of my coming back to Lagos. ” So its really you?” I asked in anger and fear. ” No time for familiarities” he said and advance towards me with the sword, I quickly brought out my small knife from my waist side to defend myself. ” What can your knife do?” He asked laughing almost immediately swung the sword to my neck side, I was fast enough to dodge. I gave him a back leg kick which pushed him backwards, he came towards me again, I jumped up with the knife to stab his chest but right there in the air, he cut me across my waist with the sword. Slowly I fell to the ground. ” Greet my forefathers for me” he said as he bent beside me and made to cut my abdominal region with the edge of the sword. I quickly curl my leg across his neck and tightened it, the sword fell to the ground and we started rolling on the floor. Soon, he started bringing out blood from his mouth, I curl my legs tighter to his neck. To my surprise, he suddenly smiled with blood in his mouth and looked up at me. ”

Wake up boy” he said and immediately I felt a sweet slap across my face. ” Idiot, wake up” I heard israel voice. ” Every night, you must act war firms in your dream” He said and he landed me another slap, I opened my eyes slowly and steadily like the slow and steady bus.

1 Like

Re: Act Of Faith by NaijaTushboy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
Enjoying the story...

I thing the serial killer should be Avanna the guy that rescue you from the cat the fighter.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
NaijaTushboy:
Enjoying the story...

I thing the serial killer should be Avanna the guy that rescue you from the cat the fighter.

haha
Re: Act Of Faith by Sensitivity1254: 8:32am On Sep 24, 2018
I have the same thought too

NaijaTushboy:
Enjoying the story...

Re: Act Of Faith by Adamsmith13(m): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2018
Welcome back bro
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
Adamsmith13:
Welcome back bro
Thanks
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
Sensitivity1254 , Phyllis195 , Iwrite
Belbad damselposh ewawumi

2 Likes

Re: Act Of Faith by Sensitivity1254: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
Waiting for the next episode

Aaspot:
Sensitivity1254 , Phyllis195 , Iwrite
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 5:20am On Sep 25, 2018
Act Of Faith Episode: Episode 13

Title: Beginning of Failure

” So who were you fighting with this time?” Israel asked laughing, I didn’t answer him as I stretched my neck in the direction of the wall clock , it was 6:15am. ” Can’t you wake me up without violence?” I asked him jumping up from the bed.

” I called your name up to ten times, I only decided to add violence when I saw you swinging your arms and leg ” he said laughing. ” I have posted your letter for you” he said. You might be wondering how we do send letters in Newriton, its quite easy. All we have to do is to put the letter in a small box located just in front of our lodge,every morning, the letters are being packed by trained post men, not just a post man.

This men have different locations, so the one assigned to a particular location will take the letter posted there. They are always accurate and fast, we dont normally put the address from which we wrote from, that was to hide our identity. So if you wished to write back, you have to beg the post man to wait a day for you to compile your letter, the post men actually gives them the privilege to write back, it was their job to do so. ” Thanks” I replied as I went to the bathroom to bath.

” Gabriel, what’s wrong?” He suddenly asked me before I could enter into the bathroom, I took a deep breath and turned back to face him. ” Nothing” I replied after a second thought as I turned towards the bathroom door.

” Hey bro, am your best pal here, you should at least confide In me sometimes.” Israel said again. ” let me have my bath first” I replied and finally entered into the bathroom. I entered into the bathroom and undressed myself, I then put on the shower to allow the cool water of the morning touch my soul. ” What is Daniel reason for killing the people of Atata?” I asked myself as I bent down in the bathroom, I flashback to my dream and remembered the Joy in his face as he wanted to give me the zig zag mark with his sword.

” His he on some sort of revenge mission?” I asked myself again, this time I was bending down in the bathroom..” I will just have to spy on him” I concluded. • ” Each and everyone of you have different roles to play in this mission, Gabriel, you are to act as a teacher, you must get an employment in the same primary school where Sir Jude Ike teaches, you guys can get close from there” Sir Ajan started for the day, I was putting on a white shirt covered by a black Jacket on a black tight trouser. With me were Israel, Young Carl, Daniel, Morgana, and Christian and Matt.

” I have done a clean background research on this man and have found out one of his weakness to be the love of girls, he has excessive love for young beautiful girls, and that’s where Morgana and Christiana comes in, make him love you, anything he wants, give it to him non stop, but always remember to be careful.

” Sir Ajan said turning to Morgana and Christiana. ” Israel, Daniel and Matt, you should always watch his house, always watch every movement in and out of his house , and also remember to be careful.

Young Carl is only there to help you guys with any software problem, he isn’t allowed to die” Sir Ajan said and brought out some micro Earpiece from his bag. ” With this, you can communicate yourself anytime you want to, just press this green button to communicate with the others, press it also to deactivate communication. ” Sir Ajan said again as he gave us each an earpiece. ” Remember,there is no room for failure. Any question?” He asked while I rose up my hand. ” Sir you know I only have a secondary school certificate, how do I get employment with that?” I asked.

” Primary school gives employment to secondary school leavers, as a matter of fact, this primary school is just a developing one .” Sir Ajan said again while I nodded. ” Any other question?” Sir Ajan asked, this time, Christiana rose up her hands. ” Sir, what if this sir Jude Ike asks for Sex?” Christiana asked, ” Good question” I thought to myself. ” Then you give it to him” Sir Ajan replied without any stress or thought, I was surprised at that, how can he ask Christiana to have Sex with one sort of an old man, what Nonsense?

Anyways its not my business,she isn’t my girlfriend. ” But always remember to protect yourself” Sir Ajan said again and walked out of the hall. ” Come together guys” Daniel said to us as Sir Ajan went out the hall, I looked towards him and our eyes met. ” I dont like that guy” Christiana said as she held my waist. “I don’t like him either” I said . ” Why?” She asked again. ” Because you dont like him” I replied. ” You flatter yourself” She said as we sat in front of Daniel who was moving his eye round the hall, yes, that is how serial killer move their eyes, they are always conscious of everything.

• ” Matt Hardy” I called as I went to Matt who was sitting in a corner of the Hall alone, actually his name isn’t Hardy, is real name is Mathew Osas. I only call him Matt Hardy because he fights like a popular wwe wrestler, Matt Hardy, yes, Matt fights exactly like him. ” Shawn Gabriels” He called back, my name of course isn’t Shawn, he also calls me after a popular wrestler, Shawn Michaels, yeah, believe it or not, I fight skillfully like Shawn Michael. ” Matt , do you know anything about serial killers?” I asked while he turned his chair to me. ” Serial killers are killers that kills Serially ” he said laughing, there is nothing he doesn’t jokes with. ” Does it look like am joking?” I asked with a serious face. ” Okay, I dont know anything about Serial killers” He finally said turning his chair away from me again.

” Matt, you could have said that early enough” I said as I walked out of the hall. ” I know Daniel is the killer, so much secret behind him, only that I got no evidence to back it up” I thought to myself as I walked out of the hall and headed to the fighters lodge.

” Hey Gabriel, you promise to tell me what has been eating you up” Israel said the moment I headed into the room. Yes! Israel is the perfect person , he should know more of serial killers, he do read a lot. ” Israel, what do you think of Serial Killers?” I asked him while he stared at me blankly. ” I think they are people that kill serially” israel said while I hit my forehead. ” Got any problem with them?” He asked. ” Nope, just that I do dream of being a serial killer” I said while he bursted into laughter. ” Little wonder you always fight in your dreams” he said as he bounced to the kitchen.

” Gabriel the Serial Killer” He shouted from the kitchen. Just then our door alarm made a sounded, someone was at the door. The face of the individual appeared on a small wall screen in the room, it was Christiana, she was doing the face Scan. I touched a button nearby and the door opened slowly to reveal Christiana in a thick bomb short and Singlet, the real meaning of Temptation.

” You guys are playing here when our assignment starts tomorrow, you should be packing your things” She said as she sat beside me. ” we will pack at night” I replied.

• ” Sorry Mr Gabriel Omiyi, we dont employ secondary school leavers any more” The principal of Royalty Primary School told me as I sat in his office that monday morning, ” Oh my God, Sir Ajan never said I might not be employed” I thought to myself.
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 5:26am On Sep 25, 2018
NEW UPDATE

calling;

Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001
rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20
prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza
bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356
debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian
Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa
donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike
vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry
maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola
soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush
sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs
damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei
raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94
khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug
Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi
emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2
cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn
donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay
princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny
oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex
cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22
ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219
switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun
shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419
boldndbeautiful tenniebae mightyfortress rosalieene
nawtielizzie yourradiance tzminaj adeculate creeza
go4success swankmee marvwhite aka sherlock
Holmes
Dominicnuel skeetz gallantemory senatorpope
holar1993 clemsworld donkelz beetunez44 myself2
ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven
jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69
heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville
deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy
subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome
kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta
ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq
dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor
bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros
honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride
oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler
hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy
omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv
mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie
phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli
barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega
osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25
itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent
cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem
horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh
erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace
rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190
waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93
crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl
lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab
roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle
jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1
moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell
slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair
bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1
omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47
nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn
iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz
nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes
oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy
smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris
gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal
qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993
folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon
kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9
geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva
ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem
aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer
harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24
mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019
mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93
elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi
chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01
danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10
itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah
awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk
moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks
bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex
stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy
chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend
seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992
ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40
labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon
chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65
arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000
mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1
coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23
solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy
engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan
enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex
nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna
obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah
ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks
horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19
jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98
paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy
ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow
trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod
tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah
bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny
hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba
phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik
stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss johnsown1 wizsolzy Rapfrick GentlePEACE dimssy Fyi0 Buchighatti Skimpledawg favoured247 wizsolzy Olalake
Re: Act Of Faith by Hantonia(f): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2018
Aaspot:
NEW UPDATE

calling;

Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001
rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20
prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza
bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356
debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian
Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa
donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike
vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry
maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola
soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush
sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs
damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei
raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94
khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug
Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi
emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2
cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn
donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay
princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny
oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex
cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22
ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219
switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun
shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419
boldndbeautiful tenniebae mightyfortress rosalieene
nawtielizzie yourradiance tzminaj adeculate creeza
go4success swankmee marvwhite aka sherlock
Holmes
Dominicnuel skeetz gallantemory senatorpope
holar1993 clemsworld donkelz beetunez44 myself2
ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven
jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69
heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville
deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy
subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome
kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta
ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq
dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor
bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros
honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride
oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler
hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy
omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv
mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie
phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli
barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega
osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25
itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent
cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem
horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh
erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace
rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190
waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93
crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl
lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab
roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle
jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1
moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell
slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair
bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1
omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47
nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn
iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz
nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes
oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy
smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris
gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal
qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993
folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon
kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9
geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva
ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem
aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer
harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24
mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019
mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93
elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi
chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01
danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10
itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah
awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk
moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks
bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex
stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy
chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend
seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992
ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40
labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon
chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65
arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000
mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1
coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23
solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy
engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan
enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex
nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna
obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah
ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks
horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19
jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98
paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy
ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow
trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod
tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah
bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny
hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba
phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik
stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss johnsown1 wizsolzy Rapfrick GentlePEACE dimssy Fyi0 Buchighatti Skimpledawg favoured247 wizsolzy Olalake
following
Re: Act Of Faith by WHOcarex: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
Will check it out
Re: Act Of Faith by MhizFavour: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for the mention. Lemme start reading...
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
WHOcarex:
Will check it out
okay, you will not regret it
Re: Act Of Faith by Aaspot: 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2018
MhizFavour:
Thanks for the mention. Lemme start reading...
Uwc, hope you have started reading

(1) (2) (Reply)

Campus Life / Wretched But Saved / Open Mic Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.