Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

I Hate The Naira! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Hate The Naira! (1053 Views)

I Love Nairaland But I Hate The Unseriousness Of Some Nairalanders / I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! / I Hate Birthdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate The Naira! by africanboy(m): 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2006
B4 u start hailing curses on me, read my signature.

I am not saying I do not like the entity - Naira, but the value of it within the economy. Listen to this:

* I collect N500 from a friend of mine who owes me, feeling happy, I have some dough.
* Have to make some photocopies 28 pages -N70, I have N430 left. Ok, still manageable.
* I have to submit the photocopies, transport -N30, wow, N400 left. Nothing dey happen.
* Oh, I forgot to bind the document, -N80. What? N320 left
* Transport back to my place -N20. Balance: N300
* Oh my God! Am hungry, havent had a bite since morning: Pepsi -N40, Biscuits -N30, mallam reminds me am owing him N30. Balance N200
* Taking a bike home, will cost me N70, and i must eat in the evening.
* The devil creeps behinds me and says "how will you get to work tomorrow?"

If you have got any bad money experiences, posting it here will make me and some others feel better. Be a good nigerian...
Re: I Hate The Naira! by Lotuken(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2006
Eh guy.That's nigeria for you.Why not arrange yourself and come to the state for a better living.
Re: I Hate The Naira! by Latoya(f): 5:50am On Feb 02, 2006
lol this is funny, are u just realizing how Valueless Naira is? I wonder what can be done to change the value of our money.
Re: I Hate The Naira! by Seun(m): 6:03am On Feb 02, 2006
Next time collect 5,000 naira. The problem is not the value of the naira; the problem is that you do not have enough of it. Either you get more naira, or you encourage businessmen to improve their productivity so that the goods you require will become less expensive and your 500 naira will be able to buy more.
Re: I Hate The Naira! by chillin(f): 6:16am On Feb 02, 2006
hahahaha sooo funny! boi! i luvv the format! it shall be well!!
Re: I Hate The Naira! by africanboy(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2006
Lotuken:

Eh guy.That's nigeria for you.Why not arrange yourself and come to the state for a better living.

I would love to, but I just have this smiley funny smiley feeling I will make it big in 9ja.

Invite me though, just might come for vacation. Nah, dont think I would.
Re: I Hate The Naira! by hotangel2(f): 9:29pm On Feb 02, 2006
Awww poor boy. Naira sucks for real.

I like the way you outlined your spendings.. that's funny/cute.
Re: I Hate The Naira! by vichel(m): 8:26am On Feb 05, 2006
Duude u just make me miss home cheesy, and awwwww i feel ur pain
Re: I Hate The Naira! by Eastcoast(f): 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2006
THen start loving the dollar $4$$$$
Re: I Hate The Naira! by africanboy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2006
Its the naira, Need to make more
Re: I Hate The Naira! by eveseh(f): 4:19pm On May 20, 2006
i love da naira

(1) (Reply)

Help! / Wealth Creation Through Snail Farming / How Will You Spend Friday, December 21, 2012?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.