Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? (488 Views)

How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) / Naval Officer Shows The Huge Python They Killed In Warri, Delta State (Pictures) / Guys Kill Gorilla In Warri, Pose With It After Roasting It On Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by tuto: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Experienced cooks,
please i want to ask if 700k can open a fairly good restuarant in warri.
shop inclusive in the money and swallow only.
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by FullnessofJoy: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Let me follow. I might learn a thing or few.
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by Heartbender: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Yes...
Shop rent ₦8-10k per month
Cooking utensils and equipment - 200k tops
One employee's salary - ₦20-30k per month
See? Change go still remain for foodstuff
tuto:
Experienced cooks,
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by tuto: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
ok,
I currently work and earn about 120k
I want to quit the job and go into that business,hence the advice.
i believe one makes it better thanworking for one man.
Heartbender:
Yes...
Shop rent ₦8-10k per month
Cooking utensils and equipment - 200k tops
One employee's salary - ₦20-30k per month
See? Change go still remain for foodstuff
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by pocohantas(f): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
tuto:
Experienced cooks,

Why swallow only? Na cluster of labourers dey the area? grin
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by pocohantas(f): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
tuto:
ok,

Why don’t you try deliveries first. That way you’ll know if you can cope with the stress of going large scale and also build a customer base. Commercial cooking is not something you just jump into. If you open Monday, you have to open Tuesday, Wednesday...Saturday. You won’t tell your customers you woke with a waist pain today and couldn’t come.

A lot of cooks are now into deliveries and tutoring. Many combine it with other things.

Do you have prior commercial cooking experience? Or you want to hire a cook?

To cook for a fairly sized restaurant, you’ll use the same things you probably use at home. So you may not have to buy everything new.

I believe 350k would get you a 4 burner gas cooker, gas cylinder, chest freezer, microwave, blender, plates. All UK-used...You can fix your rent, decoration, furniture and fittings into the remaining 350k.

Your expenses would also depend on your target market/location. The packaging for students/benefit boys would be different if you want government officials or oil workers.

How about you go to your choice area and find out the cost of rent there? After that we can tell what the balance would buy.

Please don’t quit your job just yet. Buhari is still the president. Nigerians are no more eating again sef. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by tuto: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
smiley shocked embarassed
pocohantas:

Why don’t you try deliveries first. That way you’ll know if you can cope with the stress of going large scale and also build a customer base. Commercial cooking is not something you just jump into. If you open Monday, you have to open Tuesday, Wednesday...Saturday. You won’t tell your customers you woke with a waist pain today and couldn’t come.

A lot of cooks are now into deliveries and tutoring. Many combine it with other things.

Do you have prior commercial cooking experience? Or you want to hire a cook?

To cook for a fairly sized restaurant, you’ll use the same things you probably use at home. So you may not have to buy everything new.

I believe 350k would get you a 4 burner gas cooker, gas cylinder, chest freezer, microwave, blender, plates. All UK-used...You can fix your rent, decoration, furniture and fittings into the remaining 350k.

Your expenses would also depend on your target market/location. The packaging for students/benefit boys would be different if you want government officials or oil workers.

How about you go to your choice area and find out the cost of rent there? After that we can tell what the balance would buy.

Please don’t quit your job just yet. Buhari is still the president. Nigerians are no more eating again sef. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
grin ;Dno be small thing oh
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by Heartbender: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Think it through. Draw a proposal and work on it
tuto:
ok,
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by Mariangeles(f): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2020
tuto:
ok,

Are you a very good cook?
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by tuto: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mariangeles:

Are you a very good cook?
no, will employ cooks atleast 2
plus 2 helpers
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by Mariangeles(f): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
tuto:

no, will employ cooks atleast 2
plus 2 helpers

Then you cannot quit your job.
Re: Can 700k Open A Resuarant In Warri? by tuto: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mariangeles:

Then you cannot quit your job.
hmmm,
I then need to manage the two then.
@maraingeles, thanks for your support and advise

(1) (Reply)

Uproar Over Price Of ‘awara’ In Kano / See Pure Water She Bought For 20 Naira / VIDEO: How To Press Oil With Peanuts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.