Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Religion Plus Science Is The Key - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Plus Science Is The Key (265 Views)

If The Adam And Eve Story Is True, It Means That Every Science Is Lie. / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Without The Omniscient,Science Would Be Silent: Science Is Proof That God Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello guys...
This subtle rivalry that exists between Religion and Science in the quest of answering unsolved mysteries of life has bn one of the greatest setbacks in helping us get to that point where we can fully answer some important questions like
ARE WE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?

HOW DID LIFE ORIGINATE AND WHERE?

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH?

these are big questions that have puzzled humanity for ages but we can find answers by complementing Science and Religion... With Religion serving as a guide to how ancient people translated what they saw and how they understood plus science there to give us the future permutations and solve the puzzle...

In this thread, i will be posting similarities between religion and science in solving these questions we are faced with....

Stay Tuned
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Evolution Meets Creation....

This is the First point i'll be using to enhance my case that complementing religion and science will give us the bigger picture...
The Default Religion i'll be using is Christianity...
Lets Go...
According To Scienctifc reports...Planet orbit around stars and take billions of years to form... Their atmosphere and characteristics largely depends on the distance they have with their sun e.t.c

https://galacticinteractions.scientopia.org/2010/01/05/how-long-does-it-take-planets-to-form/

Today, more and more planets are discovered with so many of them having characteristics of life in them....

Evolution....
According to some scientific reports... Life is a product of evolution and combination of other factors..
In my layman understanding, i ve always looked at very tiny organisms crawling around and wondered how they got there.. Especially going to harvest crops and u see perfect crops only to open them and see tiny organisms crawling inside of the crops... These are things that have puzzled me and i science explains that life can evolve as long as the necessary ingredients are available...

Combining this with Religion....
My personal view of religion and its deities is this...
The Gods of the ancient religions are extraterrestrial beings that came to earth... These beings did what NASA is doing today... EXPLORATION.....
According to Science, Earth is billions of years old and have undergone lots of changes over that period....
Today we see fossils of so many pre-historic animals being uncovered around the world and as the climate warms and more ice sheets break, more and more fossils are discovered...
According to my theory...
The ancient Gods came down to earth, discovered earth and created intelligent life after so many experiments.... This explains.. Why we have homo sapiens. Neanderthalz.... e.t.c and why we humans have close relationships with Primates...
Humans are work of evolution meeting creation....
The existing life on earth was a guide for the intelligent beings that visited here to create life..

That is why God said lets make man in our image...

Today different parts of the world... Different Races, Different Religions, Different body shapes and faces...
Almost every Ethnic nationality in our world have different gods and facial features... It shows we are product of different intelligent beings who came to earth and created intelligent life...
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Dtruthspeaker: 7:15am On Aug 27, 2020
Science means to Study, Observe and Acquire Information. Religion means habit and usual practice.

Science Religion or Religious Science means the Practice of Studying, Observation and Acquiring information.

Please be guided!
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 7:33am On Aug 27, 2020
Good morning y'all...
Sorry for the delay in updating this thread... Will do my utmost best to keep dropping areas where i ve bn able to combine religion and science in search for answers....
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 7:36am On Aug 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Science means to Study, Observe and Acquire Information. Religion means habit and usual practice.

Science Religion or Religious Science means the Practice of Studying, Observation and Acquiring information.

Please be guided!

Noted.....
The purpose of this thread is to combine some scientific study with some religious beliefs to answer some questions....
Many religious folks are quick to dismiss Science especially when threads involving our planet, radio-carbon dating... Pre-historic ages, e.t.c pop on nairaland...
They are quick to dismiss the scientific facts as a NASA-Led conspiracy to confuse humans away from religion..
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Dtruthspeaker: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2020
Minsk24:

Noted.....
The purpose of this thread is to combine some scientific study with some religious beliefs to answer some questions....
Many religious folks are quick to dismiss Science especially when threads involving our planet, radio-carbon dating... Pre-historic ages, e.t.c pop on nairaland...
They are quick to dismiss the scientific facts as a NASA-Led conspiracy to confuse humans away from religion..

What you are really attempting to do is to compare one study of people who of a certain disposition as against another of a different disposition, neither can ever be conclusive to each other neither shall it be acceptable to the other.

And my answer is that is the beauty and Proof of being a Creation, the Study of the Work of his Creator is Eternal and then when one creation tells his fellow creation about the things he has seen Eternal Argument too is unavoidable cheesy

Like Tundra and Prado discussing about their knowledge of the borehole, oh, how endless and entertaining it must be to man, the Creator of the borehole. cheesy

I think it is not profitable but that is my own view anyway!
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

What you are really attempting to do is to compare one study of people who of a certain disposition as against another of a different disposition, neither can ever be conclusive to each other neither shall it be acceptable to the other.

And my answer is that is the beauty and Proof of being a Creation, the Study of the Work of his Creator is Eternal and then when one creation tells his fellow creation about the things he has seen Eternal Argument too is unavoidable cheesy

Like Tundra and Prado discussing about their knowledge of the borehole, oh, how endless and entertaining it must be to man, the Creator of the borehole. cheesy

I think it is not profitable but that is my own view anyway!

I understand your point of view....
This thread is not to convince anyone... But hopefully it can give some thinkers here something to feast on... Especially non-religious folks who dismiss everything about religion...
What i will post are my views from research and critical thinking.... There are clues which we can get from religion that can help cement whatever non-religious views a person might have.
And as with every scientific study... What i will post here are suggestions...
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 8:24am On Aug 27, 2020
God Vs Satan..
Plaeidians Vs Reptilians

As we all know, Science is very broad and has no specific doctrines or whatsoever... People make their research and submit their findings... In the field of science... The existence of extraterrestrial intelligent life is widely debated... But in this thread, i'll be using the possibility of alien life for my suggestions...
In the Bible...
God and the heavenly community of angels are depicted as white beautiful beings... While Satan and his minions are depicted as beings that can take many shapes and often describe as ugly and with tails in some cases...
The Bible also made it clear that God loves humanity and Satan hates humanity and he even took the shape of reptile so he can deceive eve...

Scienctifc Alien theories...
Some ancient astronaut scientists suggest that we have numerous intelligent civilizations much more advanced than us inhabiting our vast cosmos... And some include the Pleiadeans...
These Pleiadeans are believed to live in the Taurus star sytem and are very beautiful. White and long haired just like the Elves we see in ancient movies like Lord of the Rings
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades
These beautiful beings are said to be very caring about humanity and wants the best for us..

Reptilians..
These Reptilians are suggested to come from the Alpha-Draconi star system and do not like humans... They are not fond of us and probably want to manipulate us.. They have the ability to shapeshift, very advanced, very tall and have regular contact with humans...
Conclusion...
My suggestion is this...
They angelic beings depicted in the Bible could well be these beautiful Plaeidians who care about us while the satan and demons in the Bible could be these Reptilian aliens who are not fond of us...

Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2020
More to come...
Stay Tuned
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by OpenYourEyes1: 8:34am On Aug 27, 2020
Minsk24:
Hello guys...
This subtle rivalry that exists between Religion and Science in the quest of answering unsolved mysteries of life has bn one of the greatest setbacks in helping us get to that point where we can fully answer some important questions like
ARE WE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?

HOW DID LIFE ORIGINATE AND WHERE?

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH?

these are big questions that have puzzled humanity for ages but we can find answers by complementing Science and Religion... With Religion serving as a guide to how ancient people translated what they say and how they understood plus science there to give us the future permutations and solve the puzzle...

In this thread, i will be posting similarities between religion and science in solving these questions we are faced with....

Stay Tuned

If science contradicts the Word of GOD, it is evil and should be disregarded. Good science must always be in harmony with GOD's Words.
This^ is very important if you really want the HOLY SPIRIT to teach you unsolved mysteries and incomplete Godly knowledge
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

If science contradicts the Word of GOD, it is evil and should be disregarded. Good science must always be in harmony with GOD's Words.
This^ is very important if you really want the HOLY SPIRIT to teach you unsolved mysteries and incomplete Godly knowledge

Lol, Science just like religion should be observed critically, because when u talk about God's word..which God are u specifically referring to?
There are tonnes of God's that have existed with varying degree of similarities and differences.... the best thing to do is try to combine these beliefs with Science and see what it yields...
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by OpenYourEyes1: 9:03am On Aug 27, 2020
Minsk24:

Lol, Science just like religion should be observed critically, because when u talk about God's word..which God are u specifically referring to?
There are tonnes of God's that have existed with varying degree of similarities and differences.... the best thing to do is try to combine these beliefs with Science and see what it yields...

I am referring to the CREATOR of everything that exists. Do you think many Gods created everything?

There are many false gods and false religions. I am referring to GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
The GOD whose Will/Words/Prophesies about all HIS CREATIONS always come to pass. That is the GOD I must advice you to follow all the days of your life, else you have no life in you.
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2020
Underwater Civilizations,Amphibious Gods And Mammy Water In Nigeria

According To ancient astronaut scientists...there are evidence to believe that there exist underwater civilizations in some parts of the Earth...
In Ancient religions there are vivid descriptions of Gods who are depicted as half humans and half fish. .they include:

Dagon
This Philistine god represented fertility, nature, and reproduction. From the waist up, he is a man, strong and virile; below the waist he is a fish.

Dagon was also a god of grain and agriculture, worshiped by many cultures. He was a major god of the Semites, the Amorites, and the Philistines. Traces of his name have been found in the writings of ancient Hebrews, Akkadians, and other cultures.

Fu Xi
The Chinese have maintained that their civilization was founded by amphibious beings that had a man's head and a fish tail. The entity, named Fuxi, has been depicted as both male or female. The date traditionally ascribed to him is 3,322BC. In Chinese mythology, Fu Xi or Fu Hsi was the first of the mythical Three Sovereigns of ancient China. He is a culture hero reputed to be the inventor of writing, fishing, and trapping.

Osiris

was the god of the Dead. He is a god of agriculture, for his death and resurrection are like those of a seed, cast in to the dark Earth, motionless. New life breaks through its husk to push its way to the surface of the earth as a green shoot. He became one of the most important of Egyptian gods because he symbolized the triumph of life over death.

Osiris has never been shown with the body of a fish but images depicting his mummified body bears semblance of an Amphibious deity...

There are lots more ..

Nigeria Mammy water ..

In Nigeria, there are lots of conspiracies regarding the existence of Amphibious beings that inhabit our water bodies...due to the absence of technology and effects of religious doctrines, we have erroneously concluded that these beings are demons...

In Conclusion....

Scientific reports suggest possible existence of underwater intelligent civilizations and we have also seen how ancient humans depicted their Amphibious Gods,this shows that those Gods must have come from somewhere ..
Here in Nigeria, there are also numerous sightings of mermaids (mammy water)
Could this all be coincidence or just another reason why we should look at science and religion closely?

Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 9:20am On Aug 27, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

I am referring to the CREATOR of everything that exists. Do you think many Gods created everything?

There are many false gods and false religions. I am referring to GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
The GOD whose Will/Words/Prophesies about all HIS CREATIONS always come to pass. That is the GOD I must advice you to follow all the days of your life, else you have no life in you.
This thread is not for you as you have no evidence to show the inferiority of other Gods to yours .. please keep mute as this thread progress..thank you
Re: Religion Plus Science Is The Key by Minsk24: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2020
Time Travel And Prophecies.....

Albert Einstein's theory or relativity really opened up the possibility of time travel.. Einstein proposed that Time is an illusion and can be viewed in different ways depending on your speed....
Einstein also suggested that TIME makes up the Fourth Dimension of SPACE with the rest being LENGTH, WIDTH AND HEIGHT...
Other Scientific Reports on different ways to achieve time travel have also been observed... albeit the debate if this is possible, one thing is certain that the idea is a possibility...
www.space.com
Religion
The Concept Of prophecy in religions has long been an issue of debate for religious skeptics ..my own personal opinion as someone who has threaded the waters of religion and woke to happenings around me is that some of these Prophecies made my religious adherents are true.... there are so many failed Prophecies and alot of coincidence but some are to real to be considered coincidence and this is what hooks more people to religious practices ..
It is also common for religious practicioners to access information regarding someone's past ...this happens and there are lots of lies out there but I'm sure there's a tiny percentage of religious practicioners who can access mediums of seeing someone's past and possibly seeing what is to come for that person...

Conclusion...

Science is seeking to explore the possibility of time travel using its own methods... religion has people who claim to see the past and future as revealed to them by their deities....
What if Science could complement religion by examining how these religious practicioners Access these mediums?.

(1) (Reply)

CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- / Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? / (9). Avoidable Marital Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.