Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season (2262 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / My Dry Season Ugu Farm Diary / 100k From My Poultry Farm Every 6 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello Ugu Farmers in the house, is it possible to be realizing 50k from a plot of Ugu Farm during dry season?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 7:02am On Aug 27, 2020
Good morning! Have a fruitful day
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Any response?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by okoroemeka(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Idemujoseph:
Hello Ugu Farmers in the house, is it possible to be realizing 50k from a plot of Ugu Farm during dry season?
you didn't state if the #50k is weekly or monthly,to get such money from ugu ,the farm will be big at least an acre
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
okoroemeka:
you didn't state if the #50k is weekly or monthly,to get such money from ugu ,the farm will be big at least an acre
Thank you sir! It is monthly sir.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Several factors have to be taken into consideration. First,the quality of seed,adequacy of water supply , quality of manure and fertilizer used,location of the farm and the market you are selling to,crop density,amongst other factors have to be considered. In a place like Lagos it is possible

1 Like

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 6:56am On Aug 28, 2020
Xlyad:
Several factors have to be taken into consideration. First,the quality of seed,adequacy of water supply , quality of manure and fertilizer used,location of the farm and the market you are selling to,crop density,amongst other factors have to be considered. In a place like Lagos it is possible
Thank you sir
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2020
Xlyad:
on the average sir, how much can someone get from one plot on a monthly basis?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 8:49am On Aug 28, 2020
Idemujoseph:
on the average sir, how much can someone get from one plot on a monthly basis?
you can get about 20 ugu beds from a plot of land ,each going for a minimum of #5000(btw #5000 and#10000). Ugu is cut every two weeks(you must know how to cut it,else it takes longer).#5000*20*2=#200000monthly

2 Likes

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Xlyad:
you can get about 20 ugu beds from a plot of land ,each going for a minimum of #5000(btw #5000 and#10000). Ugu is cut every two weeks(you must know how to cut it,else it takes longer).#5000*20*2=#200000monthly
Thank you sir for the break down!
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Xlyad:
can I have your contact sir?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
Idemujoseph:
can I have your contact sir?
I hope you saw my number before I took it down.In case you have further questions regards ugu farming you can post them here.the main inputs for ugu farming are water,fertilizer(urea and/or NPK)and chicken dropping(manure).once an adequate supply of the above are made available to your crop,you will hardly need further chemicals to combact pests or microbes as ugu is a very tough plant.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Emmafly(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
Idemujoseph:

Dear Joseph,
From my own experience, realizing is different from profit. You can realize 50k but what about your cost. but if 50k profit is what you mean then we can talk about the plant management. Water and chemical management are one the most important factors during the dry season as there will be less humidity and more pest. if you solve this, then you can make more than that as a profit during the dry season because during the dormant months of no rain, you will still be selling and the price will be at least double high and the roads to the market will be free and dry.
Also i noticed someone's advice on making beds for ugu. this is a no brainer during the dry season, dont try it. And then if you are going to do ugu during the dry season, you need to plant between september and october for upland planting. I hope this little advice helps.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Idemujoseph: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2020
Emmafly:

Dear Joseph,
From my own experience, realizing is different from profit. You can realize 50k but what about your cost. but if 50k profit is what you mean then we can talk about the plant management. Water and chemical management are one the most important factors during the dry season as there will be less humidity and more pest. if you solve this, then you can make more than that as a profit during the dry season because during the dormant months of no rain, you will still be selling and the price will be at least double high and the roads to the market will be free and dry.
Also i noticed someone's advice on making beds for ugu. this is a no brainer during the dry season, dont try it. And then if you are going to do ugu during the dry season, you need to plant between september and october for upland planting. I hope this little advice helps.
Thank you sir
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 9:08am On Sep 01, 2020
Emmafly:

Dear Joseph,
In dry season what better option to beds do you advice he uses .
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Emmafly(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
Xlyad:
In dry season what better option to beds do you advice he uses .

Till the ground at least 1ft by 1 ft dimension and plant. That's how I plant. Also other farms around me.
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
Emmafly:

Till the ground at least 1ft by 1 ft dimension and plant. That's how I plant. Also other farms around me.
can you please give us a picture of what that looks like and how do yields from such better those from beds?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Emmafly(m): 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
Dear ugu farmers,

Some of the broad leaf seeds is now available from the south east.

Current price is still N35 per seed.

Emmanuel 08183549869. Call/WhatsApp

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by FarmTech(m): 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
Xlyad:
Hello. Pls, what is the dimension of the beds and how is the proper way to cut?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=FarmTech post=94311769]
Hello. Pls, what is the dimension of the beds and how is the proper way to cut? pardon my belated reply.A bed is about 33squared metres.One can vary the length and breadth(e.g. 8m by 4m,6m by 5.5m).The proper way to cut ugu is to leave about 3 leaf nodes before cutting for first cut and for subsequent cuts,only cut offshoots that are about 1m long. Don't allow your ugu get too long,say 2m before cutting as that will weaken the roots ,making them to die early and don't cut it when it is too short,say 0.3m as it will take too long to get the next harvest.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by FarmTech(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=Xlyad post=94357991][/quote]
Thanks a lot. How many plants per bed?
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Xlyad(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
FarmTech:

Thanks a lot. How many plants per bed?
It's usually not counted but one and a half paint or custard rubber per bed at 2 seeds per hole is required.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by FarmTech(m): 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
Xlyad:
It's usually not counted but one and a half paint or custard rubber per bed at 2 seeds per hole is required.
Thanks.
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Johnnonye(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
Thanks for the information.please can you do a video of ugu harvesting for better understanding?[quote author=Xlyad post=94357991][/quote]
Re: 50,000 From 1 Plot Of Ugu Farm Every Month During Dry Season by Johnnonye(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2022
Any ugu farmers in Ekiti state?

(1) (Reply)

Cropland Agro Park Farmlands At N3000per Acre a year / Send Foodstuffs And Goods To UK At An Extremely Discounted Price / Cocoa Business: Learn How To Make Money From Cocoa Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.