Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,860 members, 7,838,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up (17391 Views)

6 Indications Your Car Needs An Engine Rebuilt / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Lee99: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2020
My Honda EOD and I keep fighting each other lol but I love the car
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by UDUJ(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

A Sienna bus 1998 model, whenever I am on speed it doesn't jeck nor off but the moment I start slowing down then moving slowly slowly as in the case of police check point the car will start jecking and finally go off then I will try to restart it and it will start at once and start moving again but if you slow down it starts again it doesn't happen everytime though I have taken it for check-in they said the fuel pump is OK
What could be the cause

Run a diagnostic scan on your car. The fault can be traced from the error codes gotten from the scan. Don't allow these dull roadside mechanics destroy your car.
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Zarha: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2020
Okay thanks

I have a newly shipped in Samsung A40, phone is very scarce in Nigeria here. Camera and battery is superb!! 4gig/64gig. Very very clean with a cord.. Charger...

Call : 07030363986
Price :80k (Non negotiable)

Phone is guaranteed. Open box.. Very new
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by uuzba(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2020
Lee99:
... When you want to visit a friend and your car tells you that it has a date with one mechanic...
fight and argument don start be that...

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by grammarian247(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Lee99: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2020
uuzba:

... When you want to visit a friend and your car tells you that it has a date with one mechanic...
fight and argument don start be that...
Lol you sabi, Kazeem nearly take my eyes see something
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by biggy26: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2020
Godspower35:
Regardless of whether you bought a model fresh from the factory or a used car, it needs to be checked and serviced after a certain distance. Tuning fixes the small problems before they become bigger. This is why you need to be aware of the signs that your car needs tuning.

Adjustment includes minor corrections such as repairing the spark plug, replacing cables and filters, adjusting the ignition timing and much more. The following sections tells you when to repair your car.
You may be wondering how to tell if your car needs a set up. Follow These 4 Signs You Need To Improve Your Car

Slow start and acceleration

Slow start and acceleration of cars are signs that your car needs improvement. If the vehicle is not receiving enough fuel or oxygen, or if there are sparks in its combustion chamber, you will find it difficult to start the car. It is also possible that the vehicle will not start at all. Don't ignore the trouble of starting the car as it can be a sign of an internal problem.
In this case, a weak battery or a defective fuel system may be responsible. Ignition problems can be the main cause that you can fix with a simple adjustment. Ask a mechanic to diagnose the real cause. A decrease in acceleration speed is another symptom that you should not overlook and see a mechanic immediately.

Frequent stalling

While stalling is a common occurrence when learning to drive vehicles in manual gear, it is not a good sign in other circumstances, especially if you are a skilled driver with an automatic car. Occasional or frequent car stalling is an indicator of a serious problem.

Any of these following parts may be responsible for stalling the vehicle, e.g. A dead battery, a defective spark plug, a faulty ignition, the improper use of a clutch, a damaged fuel pump and much more. Optimizing can fix most of these minor problems and prevent major problems from occurring.

Unusual noises and vibrations

While driving on rough roads, it is normal to feel the vibrations in the steering wheel and the vehicle frame. This is because the wheels are touching the rough surface. However, be aware of the vibrations while driving on a smooth track. It indicates an internal problem and needs to be fixed quickly.

Inefficient car engines can cause your vehicle to knock when accelerating or on a hilly road. In addition, faulty spark plugs can be the cause of unexpected noises when accelerating or idling. Keep these points in mind as they indicate when a repair is required.

Bad mileage

Not getting the expected mileage is one of the signs that your car needs improvement. The mileage is so important that a car purchase can be completed or canceled. Every driver has a good idea of how many miles per gallon the vehicle can travel. Without a reason, there is no way the mileage could suddenly drop one day.

If you drive fewer miles, the car won't be able to burn the fuel the way it should. This can be caused by dirty or problematic spark plugs or problems with fuel injection. In either case, tuning the vehicle will greatly improve fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.

CONCLUSION
Vehicles that last longer, are those ones that are periodically serviced. It is advisable to regularly check your car,if its a major problem contact your trusted mechanic.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2020/08/4-major-signs-that-your-car-needs-tune.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-G0mVMbnxGVQ/X0XugGU7U8I/AAAAAAAADw0/IhttsaLfVx4wCPxeSVID85H-B6nTzwBywCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/Tune%2Bup.jpg[/img]
Nice post, but will be good if you can recommend trusted workshops in different parts of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by maxiuc(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Run a diagnostic scan on your car. The fault can be traced from the error codes gotten from the scan. Don't allow these dull roadside mechanics destroy your car.
it has been scanned and it keeps detecting catalyst malfunction
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by maxiuc(m): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2020
Lee99:
oga go buy Toyota but avoid avensis ND Avalon
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by UDUJ(m): 10:37am On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:

That's a P0420 bad catalytic converter issue. Please take it to a good mechanic workshop. I am not a mechanic but have a huge passion for cars.

Watch the youtube video below so you have an idea what the fault is and you can better discuss with the mechanic and you don't end up being swindled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VZ5K8n5jj0
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Zetty177x: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2020
no 5. A car that takes u out and doesn't bring u back home
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 27, 2020
The problem I have with some article writers is that they sometimes assume every person understands the key words they chose to use . They won't offer proper explanation of their choice of key parameters

I need someone to explain what stalling means in the context of the article. Thanks
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by prinsam30: 10:49am On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

A Sienna bus 1998 model, whenever I am on speed it doesn't jeck nor off but the moment I start slowing down then moving slowly slowly as in the case of police check point the car will start jecking and finally go off then I will try to restart it and it will start at once and start moving again but if you slow down it starts again it doesn't happen everytime though I have taken it for check-in they said the fuel pump is OK
What could be the cause

I'm facing a similar issue with my honda civic at the moment
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by UDUJ(m): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2020
Sparro:
The problem I have with some article writers is that they sometimes assume every person understands their use of some terminology. They won't offer proper explanation of their choice of key parameters

I need someone to explain what stalling means in the context of the article. Thanks

Most people take it to mean the engine stopped working. Actual term means the engine misfired and lost power when accelerating.

When your car “stalls” it basically means that your engine stopped operation suddenly and shut down.

This mostly happens unintentionally; for example: if you are driving a manual transmission car and release the clutch too fast while starting off in 1st gear from rest, your call will stall. Once it stalls you’ll have to turn the key back onto ignition and start the engine.

This could also happen on cars with automatic transmissions. Suppose you put your car in reverse but due to gravity/slope of the terrain your car moves forward, your car will stall again.

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Most people take it to mean the engine stopped working. Actual term means the engine misfired and lost power when accelerating.

When your car “stalls” it basically means that your engine stopped operation suddenly and shut down.

This mostly happens unintentionally; for example: if you are driving a manual transmission car and release the clutch too fast while starting off in 1st gear from rest, your call will stall. Once it stalls you’ll have to turn the key back onto ignition and start the engine.

This could also happen on cars with automatic transmissions. Suppose you put your car in reverse but due to gravity/slope of the terrain your car moves forward, your car will stall again.
God bless you. Well understood
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by InvertedHammer: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:

/
They scanned it and told you the problem.

So what is your question?

Ok. Put RCCG sticker on it and it will magically be fixed. Is that what you want to hear?

/

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by A305: 11:40am On Aug 27, 2020
Godspower35:
Regardless of whether you bought a model fresh from the factory or a used car, it needs to be checked and serviced after a certain distance. Tuning fixes the small problems before they become bigger. This is why you need to be aware of the signs that your car needs tuning.

Adjustment includes minor corrections such as repairing the spark plug, replacing cables and filters, adjusting the ignition timing and much more. The following sections tells you when to repair your car.
You may be wondering how to tell if your car needs a set up. Follow These 4 Signs You Need To Improve Your Car

Slow start and acceleration of cars are signs that your car needs improvement. If the vehicle is not receiving enough fuel or oxygen, or if there are sparks in its combustion chamber, you will find it difficult to start the car. It is also possible that the vehicle will not start at all. Don't ignore the trouble of starting the car as it can be a sign of an internal problem.
In this case, a weak battery or a defective fuel system may be responsible. Ignition problems can be the main cause that you can fix with a simple adjustment. Ask a mechanic to diagnose the real cause. A decrease in acceleration speed is another symptom that you should not overlook and see a mechanic immediately.

Frequent stalling

While stalling is a common occurrence when learning to drive vehicles in manual gear, it is not a good sign in other circumstances, especially if you are a skilled driver with an automatic car. Occasional or frequent car stalling is an indicator of a serious problem.

Any of these following parts may be responsible for stalling the vehicle, e.g. A dead battery, a defective spark plug, a faulty ignition, the improper use of a clutch, a damaged fuel pump and much more. Optimizing can fix most of these minor problems and prevent major problems from occurring.

While driving on rough roads, it is normal to feel the vibrations in the steering wheel and the vehicle frame. This is because the wheels are touching the rough surface. However, be aware of the vibrations while driving on a smooth track. It indicates an internal problem and needs to be fixed quickly.

Inefficient car engines can cause your vehicle to knock when accelerating or on a hilly road. In addition, faulty spark plugs can be the cause of unexpected noises when accelerating or idling. Keep these points in mind as they indicate when a repair is required.

Bad mileage

Not getting the expected mileage is one of the signs that your car needs improvement. The mileage is so important that a car purchase can be completed or canceled. Every driver has a good idea of how many miles per gallon the vehicle can travel. Without a reason, there is no way the mileage could suddenly drop one day.

If you drive fewer miles, the car won't be able to burn the fuel the way it should. This can be caused by dirty or problematic spark plugs or problems with fuel injection. In either case, tuning the vehicle will greatly improve fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.

CONCLUSION
Vehicles that last longer, are those ones that are periodically serviced. It is advisable to regularly check your car,if its a major problem contact your trusted mechanic.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2020/08/4-major-signs-that-your-car-needs-tune.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-G0mVMbnxGVQ/X0XugGU7U8I/AAAAAAAADw0/IhttsaLfVx4wCPxeSVID85H-B6nTzwBywCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/Tune%2Bup.jpg[/img]
Oga Nigerians don't do tune up, they only fix when the car breaks down.

By the way, where is autojosh?
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by pswglobal(m): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2020
Go and diagnose d car broda.
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

What could be the cause
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by ayolayo0405(m): 11:58am On Aug 27, 2020
Nice Post and indeed education.
You can as well tune up your car with Rusur engine restorer
What RESURS Engine do:
Significantly reduces or totally eliminates oil shortage
Prevents dry friction under high loads, overheating and cold starts
Increases engine life if used regularly up to 2 times
Increases compression up to 50%
Reduces fuel consumption by 7-10 %
Cleans exhaust gases, reduces emissions of CH by 1,5 times
Reduces engine noise......
check my signature for further info
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by damwaves: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

What could be the cause

Increase the slow of the engine and that's the end of it

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Mentorme: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
I have experienced no. 3 and plug cap (or what is it been called) was the cause.
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by danilmo: 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
id4sho:
Do not remove thermostat.
Y?. My mecho removed mine 3 month ago now and no single ishh,
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Bobxin: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godspower35:

Frequent stalling

Bad mileage

CONCLUSION
Source:

I'm experiencing that number 3. Please suggest a good auto shop for me in ASABA, Delta state. ��
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Salliet(m): 5:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Godspower35:

Frequent stalling

Bad mileage

CONCLUSION
Source:

Please what's the cause of a 2012 Hyundai accent with automatic gear having the following issues:

It has a slow acceleration. Some times when I have to go over a speed bump, the car appears not to have enough drive power except I move back and go over with some speed.

Secondly it jerks when I am switching gears
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Godspower35(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

What could be the cause
Please contact us directly through the website
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Godspower35(m): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

What could be the cause
Please you can communicate with us directly through our website.THANKS
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by AYOMITIDE1982(m): 6:01am On Aug 28, 2020
God bless you OP.

This is really nice and helpful!
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Godspower35(m): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2020
biggy26:

Nice post, but will be good if you can recommend trusted workshops in different parts of Lagos.
We have workshops in Lagos,incase you need our service.
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by biggy26: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2020
Godspower35:
We have workshops in Lagos,incase you need our service.
Yes o, Acura mdx
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Godspower35(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
biggy26:

Yes o, Acura mdx
please call / WhatsApp us on: 08060260382

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. / Becoming A Seasoned Auto Mechanic And Automotive Engineer In Nigeria / Let's Talk About Flying Cars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.