Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up (17364 Views)

6 Indications Your Car Needs An Engine Rebuilt / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Godspower35(m): 1:08am On Aug 27, 2020
Regardless of whether you bought a model fresh from the factory or a used car, it needs to be checked and serviced after a certain distance. Tuning fixes the small problems before they become bigger. This is why you need to be aware of the signs that your car needs tuning.

Adjustment includes minor corrections such as repairing the spark plug, replacing cables and filters, adjusting the ignition timing and much more. The following sections tells you when to repair your car.
You may be wondering how to tell if your car needs a set up. Follow These 4 Signs You Need To Improve Your Car

Slow start and acceleration

Slow start and acceleration of cars are signs that your car needs improvement. If the vehicle is not receiving enough fuel or oxygen, or if there are sparks in its combustion chamber, you will find it difficult to start the car. It is also possible that the vehicle will not start at all. Don't ignore the trouble of starting the car as it can be a sign of an internal problem.
In this case, a weak battery or a defective fuel system may be responsible. Ignition problems can be the main cause that you can fix with a simple adjustment. Ask a mechanic to diagnose the real cause. A decrease in acceleration speed is another symptom that you should not overlook and see a mechanic immediately.

Frequent stalling

While stalling is a common occurrence when learning to drive vehicles in manual gear, it is not a good sign in other circumstances, especially if you are a skilled driver with an automatic car. Occasional or frequent car stalling is an indicator of a serious problem.

Any of these following parts may be responsible for stalling the vehicle, e.g. A dead battery, a defective spark plug, a faulty ignition, the improper use of a clutch, a damaged fuel pump and much more. Optimizing can fix most of these minor problems and prevent major problems from occurring.

Unusual noises and vibrations

While driving on rough roads, it is normal to feel the vibrations in the steering wheel and the vehicle frame. This is because the wheels are touching the rough surface. However, be aware of the vibrations while driving on a smooth track. It indicates an internal problem and needs to be fixed quickly.

Inefficient car engines can cause your vehicle to knock when accelerating or on a hilly road. In addition, faulty spark plugs can be the cause of unexpected noises when accelerating or idling. Keep these points in mind as they indicate when a repair is required.

Bad mileage

Not getting the expected mileage is one of the signs that your car needs improvement. The mileage is so important that a car purchase can be completed or canceled. Every driver has a good idea of how many miles per gallon the vehicle can travel. Without a reason, there is no way the mileage could suddenly drop one day.

If you drive fewer miles, the car won't be able to burn the fuel the way it should. This can be caused by dirty or problematic spark plugs or problems with fuel injection. In either case, tuning the vehicle will greatly improve fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.

CONCLUSION
Vehicles that last longer, are those ones that are periodically serviced. It is advisable to regularly check your car,if its a major problem contact your trusted mechanic.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2020/08/4-major-signs-that-your-car-needs-tune.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-G0mVMbnxGVQ/X0XugGU7U8I/AAAAAAAADw0/IhttsaLfVx4wCPxeSVID85H-B6nTzwBywCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/Tune%2Bup.jpg[/img]

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by bazzyblings: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2020
FTC ... as always... am getting a car ... Say amen somebody grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2020
Very Educative and Informative thread.

Thanks OP!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2020
FTC
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by id4sho(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2020
Do not remove thermostat.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Kwamecron(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2020
In Jesus Name I go buy my car this year...

Ami.

12 Likes

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2020
bazzyblings:
angry
guy which network u dea use like this...wea h still my ftc
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2020
bazzyblings:
angry
guy which network u dea use like this...wea u steal my ftc
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by ForeThinker: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2020
Smile. Not to forget what was, but to honor what is.

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Slawormir: 10:08am On Aug 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Abegi

Niggarrrz dey take note of signs.....

Day break...start Moto....drive...
Untill he finally stop before we dey think of how to repair

2 Likes

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Kinaman: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2020
Cool stuff
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Nelly4you: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2020
different cars with their tunes
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by maxiuc(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2020
I have an issue here

A Sienna bus 1998 model, whenever I am on speed it doesn't jeck nor off but the moment I start slowing down then moving slowly slowly as in the case of police check point the car will start jecking and finally go off then I will try to restart it and it will start at once and start moving again but if you slow down it starts again it doesn't happen everytime though I have taken it for check-in they said the fuel pump is OK
What could be the cause
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by bigplantainn: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2020
does this apple to kpekus engine?
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by iamyemiakins(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2020
This country needs servicing sef

1 Like

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by femi4: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2020
Steering drift

Steering vibration at high speed

Oil turned black

Blue/black smoke from exhaust
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by Waterypussy2(m): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2020
post=93273327:
Very Educative and Informative thread.

Thanks OP!
Shut up, you don't know anything about cars, it's only Buhari

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by UDUJ(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2020
Always follow the tune up procedures and timeline in your owners manual. Sadly Nigerians never do undecided
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by ojaysam25(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2020
An average. Nigeria will ignore those signs until the car stop working completely...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by BabbanBura(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2020
Godspower35:
Regardless of whether you bought a model fresh from the factory or a used car, it needs to be checked and serviced after a certain distance. Tuning fixes the small problems before they become bigger. This is why you need to be aware of the signs that your car needs tuning.

Adjustment includes minor corrections such as repairing the spark plug, replacing cables and filters, adjusting the ignition timing and much more. The following sections tells you when to repair your car.
You may be wondering how to tell if your car needs a set up. Follow These 4 Signs You Need To Improve Your Car

Slow start and acceleration

Slow start and acceleration of cars are signs that your car needs improvement. If the vehicle is not receiving enough fuel or oxygen, or if there are sparks in its combustion chamber, you will find it difficult to start the car. It is also possible that the vehicle will not start at all. Don't ignore the trouble of starting the car as it can be a sign of an internal problem.
In this case, a weak battery or a defective fuel system may be responsible. Ignition problems can be the main cause that you can fix with a simple adjustment. Ask a mechanic to diagnose the real cause. A decrease in acceleration speed is another symptom that you should not overlook and see a mechanic immediately.

Frequent stalling

While stalling is a common occurrence when learning to drive vehicles in manual gear, it is not a good sign in other circumstances, especially if you are a skilled driver with an automatic car. Occasional or frequent car stalling is an indicator of a serious problem.

Any of these following parts may be responsible for stalling the vehicle, e.g. A dead battery, a defective spark plug, a faulty ignition, the improper use of a clutch, a damaged fuel pump and much more. Optimizing can fix most of these minor problems and prevent major problems from occurring.

Unusual noises and vibrations

While driving on rough roads, it is normal to feel the vibrations in the steering wheel and the vehicle frame. This is because the wheels are touching the rough surface. However, be aware of the vibrations while driving on a smooth track. It indicates an internal problem and needs to be fixed quickly.

Inefficient car engines can cause your vehicle to knock when accelerating or on a hilly road. In addition, faulty spark plugs can be the cause of unexpected noises when accelerating or idling. Keep these points in mind as they indicate when a repair is required.

Bad mileage

Not getting the expected mileage is one of the signs that your car needs improvement. The mileage is so important that a car purchase can be completed or canceled. Every driver has a good idea of how many miles per gallon the vehicle can travel. Without a reason, there is no way the mileage could suddenly drop one day.

If you drive fewer miles, the car won't be able to burn the fuel the way it should. This can be caused by dirty or problematic spark plugs or problems with fuel injection. In either case, tuning the vehicle will greatly improve fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.

CONCLUSION
Vehicles that last longer, are those ones that are periodically serviced. It is advisable to regularly check your car,if its a major problem contact your trusted mechanic.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2020/08/4-major-signs-that-your-car-needs-tune.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-G0mVMbnxGVQ/X0XugGU7U8I/AAAAAAAADw0/IhttsaLfVx4wCPxeSVID85H-B6nTzwBywCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/Tune%2Bup.jpg[/img]

Whenever I noticed that number 6 and 8, I no dey waste time taking my range go workshop
Re: 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up by femi4: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2020
maxiuc:
I have an issue here

A Sienna bus 1998 model, whenever I am on speed it doesn't jeck nor off but the moment I start slowing down then moving slowly slowly as in the case of police check point the car will start jecking and finally go off then I will try to restart it and it will start at once and start moving again but if you slow down it starts again it doesn't happen everytime though I have taken it for check-in they said the fuel pump is OK
What could be the cause
service the injector

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Makes A Car Exclusively For Women / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates / Vespa Re-Brands, Redesigns Its Sei Giorni Scooter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.