Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba (27869 Views)

NPFL: Afelokhai Backs Club Owners Decision / CLBRIBERY: Enyimba’s Afelokhai Reveals How He Rejected Bribe From Sudanese Club / OFFICIAL: Manchester United Sign Aaron Wan-bissaka From Crystal Palace For £50m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Rivestng: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

That's my dream because I know when NPFL is fully up it will create lots of job to the youths.

Can you add me to the WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by solonubinho(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

But what has been the performance of South African teams on the continent compared to Nigerian team?

If you read what I wrote properly and you weren't in a hurry to furiously tap away your keypad, you would see that I referred to South African players as below average. *sigh

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by TooGod247(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
the go pay dem, audio sign, is not better to be a cleaner in Norwich city dan be a player here in nigeria oo
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by loko50(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
That's about $600 per week!
Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester over $90,000 per week!
It is well.

It's like that in almost every profession. You can't compare Nigerian teachers salaries to the one in the UK.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by solonubinho(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
ezechi24:

This guy you dumb o....sorry but I've just got to let you know... See ehn our problem is us the citizens and not tge government ...do you how many players the nigerian league has elevated from poverty?.. I know we still have a very long way to go but don't make it seem like our league is a diserster...if not for our useless leaders and our ass licking of the European leagues ...I don't think we would be here trying to educate people about out local league...

Okay. First, I would like to know the basis upon which you hid behind your screen to refer to someone who has pointed out the obvious truth backed by pure logic and fact as dumb.

Second, You claim something is great yet there are a lot of "if not for this, if not for that" in your sentence. How does 'greatness' and 'if not for x' go in the same sentence? It's like saying Borno is the best state in Nigeria, if not for Boko haram.The very fact that there is an "if not for..." automatically disqualifies the subject from whatever greatness you're trying to ascribe onto it.

Have you ever heard people say the English premier league is the best if not for (bad governance, poor standards, poor infrastructre)? Nigerians need to stop focusing on 'if not fors' and start focusing on reality. Since you have refused to address reality, I'll help you. The league is poorly funded, the facilities are trash, club management is disappointing you cant even compare it to the South African league. So what travesty of an idea do you base your opinion on by attaching any semblance of usefulness to the league in the state that it is and has always been?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by AustineJohn908(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

If you are around a stadium that a team takes as their home, you can go and watch live with just a token of #100 to #200 as gate fee. I did when I was in Enugu, watched the match between Rangers and Enyimba and the experience was marvellous, took some shots with former Super Eagles player playing for Rangers then.

But now, since I'm in Abuja where we have no participating team, I just follow the live updates, even in our whatsapp group. If you don't mind, share your number let me add you up. With the passion therein I bet you will fall more in love with our league.
I'm a fan of Akwa United. I follow them to though I haven't ever watched their match live

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by AustineJohn908(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

If you are around a stadium that a team takes as their home, you can go and watch live with just a token of #100 to #200 as gate fee. I did when I was in Enugu, watched the match between Rangers and Enyimba and the experience was marvellous, took some shots with former Super Eagles player playing for Rangers then.

But now, since I'm in Abuja where we have no participating team, I just follow the live updates, even in our whatsapp group. If you don't mind, share your number let me add you up. With the passion therein I bet you will fall more in love with our league.
I'm a fan of Akwa United. I follow them to though I haven't ever watched their match live...08185808733..add me up on the group

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by DrinkWater10: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Millimann:

You sabi the league bro. Some people assume that nothing good comes out of Nigerian league. I was arguing with some people here that many players earn over 400k in this league.
I personally know someone that has been earning 550k for the past four years
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by bbode1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Make them no sha owe them salary.. loll
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Daguccizgreat(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
sorsor:
Million naira as salary for Nigeria league

The question na will they be getting the money as at when due?
It's not a new thing. For Enyimba player Emeka Nwanna earned over a million naira way back in 2006/ 2008

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
to me enyimba and pillars is like barca and madrid they should be bitter rival even ghanian league kotoko n hearts don't trade players we still ve long way to go
If you know AC Milan and Inter Milan (both teams in Milan), then you should know they are rivals...share same stadium and trade players easily.

There are some rival teams in the Serie A that don't even trade players at all. The rivalry btw Lazio and Roma (both teams in Rome) is a very etreme one; they don't trade players, on and off pitch fights.

Rivalry in football can be cool between two teams and very strong between another two teams.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Diesel1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

Try and convince me old man.

Old man, you think NPFL is like the La Liga, Seria A, Ligue 1 etc that have one or two clubs dominating year in year out?

Go and get properly enlightened on NPFL before you come here disgracing yourself just to prove nothing.
Can Barcelona sale player to real Madrid?
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by ezechi24(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
solonubinho:

Okay. First, I would like to know the basis upon which you hid behind your screen to refer to someone who has pointed out the obvious truth backed by pure logic and fact as dumb.

Second, You claim something is great yet there are a lot of "if not for this, if not for that" in your sentence. How does 'greatness' and 'if not for x' go in the same sentence? It's like saying Borno is the best state in Nigeria, if not for Boko haram.The very fact that there is an "if not for..." automatically disqualifies the subject from whatever greatness you're trying to ascribe onto it.

Have you ever heard people say the English premier league is the best if not for (bad governance, poor standards, poor infrastructre)? Nigerians need to stop focusing on 'if not fors' and start focusing on reality. Since you have refused to address reality, I'll help you. The league is poorly funded, the facilities are trash, club management is disappointing you cant even compare it to the South African league. So what travesty of an idea do you base your opinion on by attaching any semblance of usefulness to the league in the state that it is and has always been?

I never siad the Nigerian league was great...summarization of everything I said was ...the English league is what it is today because of the support the citizens gave...like I was watching journalist hangout the other day ..and one of the journalist said as quote..I can never forget how the Nigerian league was in the 70s to 90s when stadiums where filled up and to get tickets to watch a match, youll have to purchase it 2 days before the match...even, at that time the local league was worse that it its today, the pitch, infact the entire stadium was nothing to write home about but the people stil came enmased to watch thier team play,beacause their was no cable to watch man united and chealse, the joy of watching thier city or state play against the other was what gave them more passion for tge sport and it actually brought the entire country together... So you see its not about the facilities or the infrastructure even though they are extremely important, but its about the passion for our own...we don't like our own that is the problem...thinking out loud here its more worse now that every household has cable...go to Ghana its actually difficult to see their citizens with dstv or any international cable apart from their local TV companies...and they are all supporting their local teams...and don't forget that Nigeria has more better stadiums than ghana, zambia and most parts of Africa but they supports their local team...even you would prefer buying Toyota instead of an innoson...so you see where our problems are coming from...forget about the rot in the system we will get there

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Bewiseedet(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
That's about $600 per week! Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester over $90,000 per week! It is well.
$600 per week is still a huge sum here in Nigeria
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by sly3(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
to me enyimba and pillars is like barca and madrid they should be bitter rival even ghanian league kotoko n hearts don't trade players we still ve long way to go

Bros, we get your point. But how exactly did you arrive at $600?
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by gracechellar(f): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
WibusJaga:
It is well.

Don't make naija look so bad. $600 isn't equivalent to a million.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
gracechellar:

Don't make naija look so bad. $600 isn't equivalent to a million.

$600 Per Week not per month
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by gracechellar(f): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
emeernest:

$600 Per Week not per month

Still not bad
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by kenzysmith: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
christejames:

Try and convince me old man.

Old man, you think NPFL is like the La Liga, Seria A, Ligue 1 etc that have one or two clubs dominating year in year out?

Go and get properly enlightened on NPFL before you come here disgracing yourself just to prove nothing.
answer this question my boy when last did any player move from madrid to barca arsenal to spur man u to city everton to liverpool. Our league is a joke eyimba and abia warriors will be forming brothers wen they should be enemies ve u seen any forigen coaches in our league recently? No because the chairman just emply every dick and harry in their clubs. U re one of d problem because u will refuse to say the truth and praise mediocrie u happy they are paying a player a million naira when clubs in tazania and kenya pay double of that look at their stadium no proper football stadium just olympic stadiums am ashame of our league. Young man our league was proper 30yrs ago not this rubbish son.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
answer this question my boy when last did any player move from madrid to barca arsenal to spur man u to city everton to liverpool. Our league is a joke eyimba and abia warriors will be forming brothers wen they should be enemies ve u seen any forigen coaches in our league recently? No because the chairman just emply every dick and harry in their clubs. U re one of d problem because u will refuse to say the truth and praise mediocrie u happy they are paying a player a million naira when clubs in tazania and kenya pay double of that look at their stadium no proper football stadium just olympic stadiums am ashame of our league. Young man our league was proper 30yrs ago not this rubbish son.

Nonsense
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by Onyekaugwuogo(m): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by masui(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
WibusJaga:
It is well.

It's okay honorable finance minister. Rome was not built in a day.

You can off your mic Sir.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by kenzysmith: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2021
christejames:

stop lying bro
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
kenzysmith:
stop lying bro

Is everything OK with you?

What do you mean I am lying.

Was just sharing my experiences in the stadium.
Re: Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba by christejames(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
kenzysmith:
stop lying bro

If you don't know anything about NPFL just keep shut and stop embarrassing yourself here Mr Man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” / Luis Suarez Edges Closer To Juventus Move / Which Footballer Made A Shirt Number Unique To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.