Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,318 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump (891 Views)

Man Shot Dead For 'blasphemy' In Pakistan Courtroom / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats / Democrats Just Won The House In A Sweeping Rebuke To Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Mother of Kenosha Man Shot by Cops Apologizes to Trump, Shreds Violent Rioters Destroying America
By C. Douglas Golden
Published August 26, 2020 at 1:48pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kW3eypZ900

The shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, is the latest racial incident to rend the social fabric of our country. Blake, according to the Kenosha News, was shot seven times in the back at close range on Sunday after police were called to a domestic altercation.

Witnesses say he was trying to break up a verbal altercation between two women but police focused their attention on him. Blake was reaching into the driver’s side of his car despite clear verbal warnings not to do it. Reports now say Blake is paralyzed from the waist down.

A graphic video on social media shows the shooting, although not the events leading up to it. It is, like so many things in this summer of our discontent, a political Rorschach test.

Once one gets over the absolute shock and horror of the video, it’s easy to see how the video has elicited strong reactions from both liberals and pro-police users on social media.

No, Blake shouldn’t have reached into his vehicle, something which would have made officers believe he might have been reaching for a weapon. Yes, without receiving specific training in how officers are supposed to engage suspects in these situations, it does appear to this observer that police could have missed opportunities to subdue Blake without shooting him before he reached the door of his SUV.

TRENDING: Nick Sandmann Has Perfect Response When Ex-Kamala Harris Staffer Attacks Him

It’s a dreadful situation, but one in which we should wait for the facts to come in.

But people aren’t going to, so rioters have turned Kenosha into another grim, dispiriting citywide melee in the wake of a controversial death. Now, two people are dead because of an attack, allegedly at the hands of a deranged teen obsessed with police work.

Businesses have been burned, lives have been ruined, property has been destroyed and confrontations between business owners protecting their property and rioters who want to destroy it have become a thing.

In other cities, rioters and aggressive demonstrators were prevalent, too — most notably in Washington, D.C., where demonstrators were recorded in several tense confrontations with diners who refused to raise their fists as protesters demanded they do.

And yet, what does Jacob Blake want? Not this.

In an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon, Blake’s mother talked about the reaction to her son’s shooting. Julia Jackson was decidedly unimpressed with the violent protesters.

“My family and I are very hurt — and quite frankly disgusted,” she said.

“And as his mother, please don’t burn up property and cause havoc and tear your own homes down in my son’s name. … [T]o use my child … our tragedy, to react in that manner, is just not acceptable.”

RELATED: Videos Show Kenosha Protesters Burn Flag, Shout 'Kill the F***ing Police' and 'Death to America'

“And it’s not helping Jacob,” she continued. “It’s not helping Jacob or any other of the men and women who have suffered in these areas.”

As for the President, she said she was sorry she missed the call he made to her.

“And then also, for President Trump, I’m sorry I missed your call,” she said. “Because, had I not missed your call maybe the comments you had made would have been different. I’m not mad at you at all. I have the utmost respect for you as the leader of our country.”

It’s unclear what remarks she was referencing, as the U.K. Independent noted the president has yet to make any comments about Blake.

According to USA Today, she had a similar message for reporters on Tuesday.

“We really just need prayers,” Jackson said.

“As I was riding through here, the city, I noticed a lot of damage. It doesn’t reflect my son or my family. If Jacob knew what was going on as far as that goes — the violence and the destruction — he would be very unpleased.”

It wasn’t just this incident that sparked riots against the wishes of the family, however. Tom Elliott — the founder of conservative news clip site Grabien — noted this is what so many other families have said.

There was George Floyd’s brother, just several months ago: “Channel your anger to do something positive or make a change another way because we’ve been down this road already … The anger, damaging your hometown is not the way he’d want … just relax. Justice will be served.”

Then the family of Michael Brown, who was shot by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, in 2014: “We reject any kind of violence directed toward members of law enforcement. … We specifically denounce the actions of stand-alone agitators who unsuccessfully attempt to derail the otherwise peaceful … movement that has emerged throughout the U.S.”

And then the family of Trayvon Martin after he was shot by George Zimmerman in 2012: “As we’ve stated repeatedly in the past, our family rejects any kind of violence directed toward members of law enforcement & our community in general … We must work together to peacefully bring about change to our communities. Violence is never the answer.”

None of these things happened, of course, and none of these riots associated with these protests had anything to do with trying to affect positive change, even by threatening the establishment.

Most of them were just expressions of inchoate rage. A few of them were the acts of people who always looked for an excuse to descend into violence. Neither group were particularly promising agents of cultural melioration.

Whatever the case, these riots aren’t problematic because they’re hurtful to the liberal cause, as Don Lemon helpfully explained on Tuesday night (ignoring the people injured, the cost, the property destroyed, those sorts of things).

What we should be focused on, instead, is what these men would have wanted. In every case, we’ve established it wouldn’t involve rioting. Far from it; they would want constructive engagement.

This is destructive disengagement — disengagement from the law, from their communities and from the cause they claim to represent.

READ MORE

Mother of Jacob Blake unloads on violent rioters and apologises to President Trump on CNN. Don Lemon would definitely not be pleased as he was unable to take advantage of her tragedy to pain his sick narrative.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by DCatt: 3:15am On Aug 30, 2020
A good mother she is, she knows her son was in the wrong. He had a weapon and failed to obey instructions. Police are trained to kill rather than get killed.
OLAADEGBU:

Mother of Jacob Blake unloads on violent rioters and apologises to President Trump on CNN. Don Lemon would definitely not be pleased as he was unable to take advantage of her tragedy to pain his sick narrative.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by ajailer(m): 10:20am On Aug 31, 2020
DCatt:
A good mother she is, she knows her son was in the wrong. He had a weapon and failed to obey instructions. Police are trained to kill rather than get killed.

I don't think you read the whole article as the mother of the boy is kind of confused from her comment with the media. She only wanted peace and wasn't supporting Trump as no black mother will do that.

You are a wicked soul. A knife was alleged to have been found in the car but he never wield it against the police for a second, his only misstep was backing the cop and he got shot SEVEN times at the back. Even Nigerian police as unprofessional as they are, they won't shoot you SEVEN times, at most twice and not when you are backing them. How can you say police are trained to kill rather than get killed, what do you even gain by your blind support for Trump.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by DCatt: 2:45am On Sep 01, 2020
I don't read fake articles and you are the one that came up with support for Trump, the woman apologized to Trump because she knows what is going on.

This is a man who has records of assaulting police, a sexual offender and illegally owning a gun.

You will lose your lives in the hands of police because you are too dumb to know that failure to obey the cops and having weapon in your hand or reaching for one will get you killed depending on the cop involved.

When cops feel threatened, their survival instincts set in and will fire first.
ajailer:

I don't think you read the whole article as the mother of the boy is kind of confused from her comment with the media. She only wanted peace and wasn't supporting Trump as no black mother will do that.

You are a wicked soul. A knife was alleged to have been found in the car but he never wield it against the police for a second, his only misstep was backing the cop and he got shot SEVEN times at the back. Even Nigerian police as unprofessional as they are, they won't shoot you SEVEN times, at most twice and not when you are backing them. How can you say police are trained to kill rather than get killed, what do you even gain by your blind support for Trump.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2020
DCatt:

I don't read fake articles and you are the one that came up with support for Trump, the woman apologized to Trump because she knows what is going on.

This is a man who has records of assaulting police, a sexual offender and illegally owning a gun.

You will lose your lives in the hands of police because you are too dumb to know that failure to obey the cops and having weapon in your hand or reaching for one will get you killed depending on the cop involved.

When cops feel threatened, their survival instincts set in and will fire first.

Way to go. I wonder why those liberal thinking folks are always guilty of selective hearing. What the mother said was clear enough for them to understand but trust democrats to put a twist on it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2020
DCatt:

How I wish many African American mothers will be this sensible unlike their Democrat thinking fathers. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by DCatt: 3:05am On Sep 02, 2020
There are many like that but the media won't cover them because they don't fit in the narratives.
OLAADEGBU:

How I wish many African American mothers will be this sensible unlike their Democrat thinking fathers. undecided
Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by DCatt: 3:09am On Sep 02, 2020
Liberals and their media spin everything even when they know it is failing.

It has more than backfired on them though as they lose all independent voters to Trump.
OLAADEGBU:

Way to go. I wonder why those liberal thinking folks are always guilty of selective hearing. What the mother said was clear enough for them to understand but trust democrats to put a twist on it. undecided
Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
DCatt:

There are many like that but the media won't cover them because they don't fit in the narratives.

God bless them mothers. See this thread as to why they didn't meet with Trump. --> https://www.nairaland.com/6093956/trump-refused-meeting-jacob-blakes

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
DCatt:

Liberals and their media spin everything even when they know it is failing.

It has more than backfired on them though as they lose all independent voters to Trump.

It's a pity that many African Americans are still blinded to the truth that these democrat media houses are playing them.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Kenosha Man Shot By Cops Turns Tables On Leftist, Apologises To Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
ajailer:

Why would the mother not support Trump, was Trump responsible for the shooting of her son? Listening to political activists who would not warn their people to obey law enforcement's instruction are the ones to blame for the needless casualties we see today.

(1) (Reply)

Banks Cut Ties With Trump / Pres. Ramaphosa Vs Ricardo Maarman - ‘show Us The Virus Or Lift The Lockdown’ / Klitschko Brothers Included On Putin's 23-man Blacklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.