Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch (14386 Views)

MTN Confirms Network Glitch / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored. / 'Calm Down!' Triada's Old, Resolved Mobile Security Glitch, TECNO Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by QuietHammer(m): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hehehe
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nelly4you: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Enwhen:

Poor man need am ... At all , at all, Na winch
ahbi oo.. now their prices are getting higher
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Minesbetter(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Well, never used them (transsions) before, so I can't relate. .
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by MemoriesAndMe: 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
sammysneh:
Trust chinko phone at ur own Perry, As for me and my house we will use Samsung or iPhone
And what makes you think Samsung and iPhone are not made in China? iPhone, owned by the US Company Apple is assembled entirely in China, with supervision and the blueprint by Americans. Just note that the world runs on China right now.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Those things are installed to limit the lifespans of their phones.

I have used 2 Tecno before.

It's a marketing strategy. The parent company already said they were installed not in factory but by major dealerships.

I be market man.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by martineverest(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
tecno is one of companies owned by CCP
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by AmadorSays: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nice one, this is good to know
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by motionarena: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
No wonder the W2 i bought years back lasted only 5 months.

That was d last straw as a tecno user.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by tafat: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
This is great news to the W2 users, cos personally I haven't even experienced such of my Camon device
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
SegFault:
Never buy a phone you can't root. I don tell una. Android collects your data, so does IOS. The truth is that all our phones collect our data and they can use it as they see fit, these tecno guys were just unlucky

Please, can you explain better on this..? iOS precisely.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Wolgrace:

The accounts you open on your phone (social media, YouTube and all that), your browsing history anything you do with your internet, is collated as data and these big companies collect it and as I hear (not really sure) sell it to the government (could be the US, China, Russia etc) for money. But I know they collect it though, that is why people root their phones.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by roughdiamond(m): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
My current phone (camon 15) will be the last Chinese phone I will make use of. If not that I needed a phone urgently, I had made up my mind never to near a Chinese phone.
90% of Chinese phone users do that as a result of poverty
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why didn't a regulator like standard organisation of Nigeria detect this fraud?
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by chinoonew09: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
kemicalreact:
Well, I've nothing to say. grin grin grin

Transion users, over to you.
alright...tecno_to be continue
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by KrazyDave16(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
Wolgrace:

Your personal details are encrypted on your device and on icloud if you choose.

Apple can look into your personal details if you choose to backup on icloud. If they don't have the key, icloud will be secure alright but whenever you need to transfer those details to a new device, it won't be possible cos the system doesn't have the "keys" to validate such transfers.

If it's backed up on your device only... It stays there and only you got access to it. Even Apple got no right to access it without your permission (passcode).

For Android, if you root or not (unless you're running maybe Android 8 below) it's more secure than Apple cos different OEMs implement different security measures for data collection besides Google but humans being humans, we sometimes give out a little too much information most of the time download apps anyhow and grant permissions too. Play store isn't strict like app store (could change with Android 11) which makes the whole iOS is better than Android in security argument tiring.

P.s - got this info off some argument on Apple reddit over the implications of using brute force to unlock iPhones via passcode without it going into panic mode, wiping/encrypting all data on it and locking the attacker out and why Android is more secure than iOS these days.

P.s.s - Apple doesn't sell your data, though some employee might look into it outta curiousity but iCloud isn't encrypted. Uploading data to it is encrypted but once it's in, it's fair game for any determined attacker compared to Google that's encrypted on both end (gotten off reddit too).

1 Like

Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by earnit3: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Oh
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Dearlord(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
gsparks01:
Tyler Perry

Band Perry ni tongue
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Use your tecno phone to make money. Join recharge and get paid today.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Blaze232(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
OK we Don ♥ attack when
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by luluosas(m): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Please, which techno phone would you recommend for me under 40k?
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by ObinnaObinna(m): 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by paltielx: 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Tecno stop lying, it's not only w2 alone, a good number of ur phones including the current Lc6(pouvoir 3 air) which my mum uses has the same issue. Work to improve
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
SegFault:

The accounts you open on your phone (social media, YouTube and all that), your browsing history anything you do with your internet, is collated as data and these big companies collect it and as I hear (not really sure) sell it to the government (could be the US, China, Russia etc) for money. But I know they collect it though, that is why people root their phones.

Thanks for the info.. I need to know what rooting is all about.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by DedeNkem: 5:34am On Aug 28, 2020
When you buy a crappy Nigerian phone, you shouldn't expect quality!
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 28, 2020
Wolgrace:

Thanks for the info.. I need to know what rooting is all about.
Rooting is dangerous too, but you have to do some research about it. What rooting does is give you full control over your phone (it's deeper than this, if you are a programmer you can tell me to go deeper), you can delete system apps but be careful while doing that or else your phone will become useless, there are some apps that you can't use without rooting when you root your phone you can now install them. But when you root your phone, never download from an unrelated source, this is why I am telling you to do some research about this.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2020
SegFault:

Rooting is dangerous too, but you have to do some research about it. What rooting does is give you full control over your phone (it's deeper than this, if you are a programmer you can tell me to go deeper), you can delete system apps but be careful while doing that or else your phone will become useless, there are some apps that you can't use without rooting when you root your phone you can now install them. But when you root your phone, never download from an unrelated source, this is why I am telling you to do some research about this.

I've some knowledge about programming. Reason I want to get more facts about rooting.. Thanks for the information sir.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Playermayweda(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2020
I have a question,Do Samsung users know the country their phones come from,Or do iPhone users know most of their phone parts are assembled in china
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Playermayweda(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:

And what makes you think Samsung and iPhone are not made in China? iPhone, owned by the US Company Apple is assembled entirely in China, with supervision and the blueprint by Americans. Just note that the world runs on China right now.

Tell Samsung users tho Samsung is a Korean company,but most are assembled in china,So are iPhones,In Korea and China which country is more technologically advanced,But some people think all china phones are Tecno and Infinix,I can argue this anywhere China makes the best phones other than Apple,So stop feeling Big cos u are carrying that Samsung

1 Like

Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by tribalistdcriti: 12:43am On Aug 29, 2020
GolDRoger:

those dudes above me. . . There is God o grin
you sef Take style book space angry

1 Like

Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by andelawhite: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2020
There is really nothing we can do, but since they have given us assurance, let's take their word for it and observe with keen interest
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Blastedholligan: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
It's obvious this is the work of there Competitors.
Re: Tecno Assures Users Over Security Glitch by Blastedholligan: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
SegFault:

very true. And if dine wrongly, one can brick his phone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport / I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened / n/a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.